Clouds between my knees
[html]

Thar you go ^^

Hazel eyes observed the territory of Dahlia de Mai from the middle of a strong sycamore tree. Red was crouching in the V between the bough and the main trunk, one hand hanging by his side and the other holding onto the branch. He had his cloak of leaves and twigs hanging around his shoulders and partially covering his head, hiding most of his multi-hued body and mane. The hybrid had begun to bring the cloak with him more and more often, especially since he had learned about all the new wolves and the dangerous coyote clan.

Red shifted slightly so that he was lying along the branch on his stomach, his hind feet braced against the tree. He didn’t think it was possible that all the coyotes could be as bad as that female ‘yote had been. There always would be bad individuals, but Sol refused to believe that all coyotes were evil killers. Sometimes you did what your alpha ordered, and that was just loyalty to your pack, not cold calculated killing on your part. Red rested his head on his hands as he sighed and looked over the land before him.

Mostly, he was thinking about the coyotes to keep himself from thinking about another incident that had occurred here involving a pretty white lady. He tensed up slightly at the thought of her, as he recalled what had happened, though the memory was fuzzy and he couldn’t remember everything. When he had awoken, the terrible pain in his head had just been too much and he had wandered off. What must she think of him after that performance?

[/html]
It was good to have a home, a place where she could hang her satchel (she didn't have a hat and wouldn't wear one if she did) The small ice furred she moved in Optime, carrying her sword, a Japanese Katana her uncle had once given her in its innocuous sheath, which effectively disguised the deadly blade for what it was. She mainly used it to test distance, and depth, knowing the blade was several feet long and thus could judge her surroundings carefully along with the aid of Etalpalli, the huge grey eagle who was her constant bird shaped shadow and guide.
She also had a crossbow and a quiver of arrows slung over her back, just in case she saw something worth shooting.

She was learning the territory swiftly, for she never got lost. One thing she excelled at was her sense of direction. As lng as she knw which direction was which, she never got lost.

WindSeeker scented the stranger first, male, younger than she by a good year, and not entirely a wolf or coyote, but somewhere in between. Stopping, the icey she looked up, saphire gaze searching vainly through the trees. It was unlikely she would have spotted the coywolf had he not been wearing the cloak, and with it, there was no way she would succeed in that endeavor. "Etalpalli," she murmured in Low Speech, "A coywolf somewhere... up, there is," Etal, being a bird, was not blessed with a good sense of smell, and took the blind wolf's word for it, though her sharp amber eyes searched through the trees, it took them a few moments to pick out the branch which had leaves that did not belong to the tree on which it lay. If a bird could smirk, she would have. Knowing there were no coywolves in her friend's new pack, Etal figured this must be a stranger, and thus fair game for some fun.

Crowned Solitary Eagles are forest eagles, adapted to fly easily in dense growth with their somewhat shorter wingspans allowing them to maneuver efficieently in trees.. To amuse herself and to assist WindSeeker, the eagle flew up quietly behind the inert coywolf, and landed on a branch above him, just out of his extended reach.

Had she still been a loner herself, her hands would already by ticking towards her bow, but as she was a pack wolf, this was not immediately necessary. She decided to wait and see what the intruder did next.
[html]

Red perked his ears at the sound of someone moving. He hadn’t noticed until now, but there was a female walking below. She was oddly colored; her fur hue reminded him of clear pools of water or ice on a lake. The other was looking around, no doubt because she had smelt him. That was the only problem with his cloak; he could hide in a tree all day but he couldn’t get rid of his scent. Quietly he cursed himself for being careless and not watching out. Right about then he heard an out-of-place rustle of leaves above him.

Now, all trees made a certain amount of noise, even without wind. The trick was not to listen for sound, but to listen for a sound that was abnormal. Red turned slightly and looked over his cloaked shoulder at the eagle above him. Hazel eyes studied the large gray bird above him, and he frowned. He didn’t recognize the species, so it was possible that this bird either strayed far from its usual range or was blown in by accident. The hybrid grinned up at the bird, showing his abnormal right canine. ”¿Tú lost, me amigo?” He spoke quietly to the bird before turning back to the situation involving the female below him.

So far, she hadn’t shown that she had even seen him. Sure, she might have scented something abnormal, but if he held where he was for long enough she might forget about it and leave. He would rather not explain to this wolf, who probably was in Cer’s pack, why he was in their territory and who he was. Especially because of the language gap; it was extremely unlikely that this female spoke Spanglish.

[/html]
OC: This was an element to Etalpalli I'd thought to add, and for this thread, it just seemed like the fun thing to do Smile

When the leafy coywolf moved below and spoke to Etal in a bastardized form of a language she had heard Etalpalli's family had used for generations, the female knew she'd been right and this would be an interesting encounter indeed..

The grey eagle cocked her head, curious. Long had it been since she'd heard that language, not since she and Wind had departed the Aquilla. She waited until the coywolf had returned to watching Wind and spoke, "Yo no soy perdido, usted mira para ser." Silly hybrid, thought the bird, who directed her next comment, in Low Speech, to her ice furred companion, "Half-breed is here, he is. Poor Spanish he speakses,"[/i] the eagle fluffed up her prominant feather crest, shifting her weight and causing the limb she sat on to sway. This has two purposes, one, it was fun, making leaves fall down on the Half-breed, and two, it gave Wind a better idea of the location of the Half-breed, who probably had fleas, or at least, Etal thought he should as he was part Pretender.

Sharp white ears flicked as Etal's words came to her, and a chuckle caught in her throat. Still, the blind she thought it wise not to let her connection with the grey eagle be known just yet. She knew wen to keep her cards close, particularly with strangers. Spanish, she had some of, but not nearly as much as Etalpalli did. Most of the Aquillan wolves knew some, though they were primarily of European descent, they just knew it because the majority of their bird companions had been from South America. Etal's family had taught their chicks to speak bilingually (some Spanish and Low Speech) and to understand most High Speech, though they could not speak that. As Etal had been chosen as Wind's guide, and the two would be leaving the pack, Spanish for Etal had been emphasized, just as Low Speech had for Wind. She finally found the coywolf in the trees, but remained where she was, "Come down then, I know you're there where you shouldn't be."
[html]

The hybrid turned his head back quickly as the strangest thing happened. Red’s eyes widened as the bird spoke to him. He blinked rapidly several times. It had not only spoken to him, but had spoke to him in Spanish. Perfect Spanish, even, Red knew a horrible half-way mix of the two languages and couldn’t speak either perfectly. He had never known a bird that could talk before. And it had moved the branch to drop leaves on him. ’Now she definitely knows I’m here.’

Red backed up along the branch as the female called out to him. He went down to a lower branch and then paused, looking over at the oddly color Luperci. She had spoken in English so he tried his best to do the same. ”How me know you don’t hurt me?” There was every chance in the world that the female would attack him the moment he came down. His hand strayed to the pouch hanging near his hip; he might just need his dagger very soon.

[/html]
She, hurt him? That was possible, but laughable for the most part. Not that she wouldn't defend herself if need be, but his reaction to Etal had been funny. Glancing up at Etal, Wind gave a look that said "Don't say it" The great gray eagle shifted on her perch and seemed to sneer at the newcomer "Takes him easy, you could. Only a dirty Half-Breed he is," Even after knowing the bird since her Hatch Day, WindSeeker didn't really understand the bird's elitism when it came to wolves over coyotes. Blue eyes found the coywolf again, and the ice furred she cocked her head, "It seems to me, that one should only fear harm if one has something to hide. Your continued position up that tree like a cat makes me wonder if you have something to hide."

Etalpalli unfurled her wings, and slid along the branch abovve the coywolf, snapping off bits of bark with her talons for the hell of it. She itched to dive at the Half-Breed, she really did. "Cowardly pup, the Half-Breed is. Teenager he looks to be," she informed the she.
[html]

8O

Red shifted slightly, looking up at the bird. He didn’t like it sitting over him like that. If there was one thing that he wasn’t used to, it was anyone being above him. He was the one in the trees, he should be on top. The hybrid flared a nostril at the bird and glared at it suspiciously. He then turned back to the much-more-important she-wolf below him. Red felt like laughing at her statement and wondered for a moment if she really was going to hurt him. It seemed to him that this was a trick question. Maybe she was like those Inferni coyotes that got such schadenfreude.

”’One should only fear harm’ when many wolf y coyote a otro try to hurt them.” He stated plainly, mocking her slightly. Red didn’t move from his perch, though he did move his hand to his hand-pouch. If she tried anything he was pretty confident in his throwing abilities. The hybrid was happy for Skoll’s instructions now.

[/html]
A low hum of irritation growled deep in WindSeeker's throat. What was with this guy? Besides, she was the pack wolf here, was she not? She could likely do what she wanted to him without repercussion, and yet she had not done so, aside from quite a lot of invitation.

Above the coywolf, Etalpalli watched with keen eyes as the Half-breed moved for his pouch. Oh what a joy it would be to sink her talons into his unwary flesh. Wind was smart not to make the connection between them known, yes, she was indeed. Etal reveled in her ice furred friend who had such superior intelligence. "Reching for his pouch, he is. Hurts Wind, Etal will hurt him, Etal will if he does," The grey eagle scratched herself, in a gesture to make herself less important to the Half - Breed.

Wind scowled as the bird's voice came to her, "Funny, I have never had any real issue with coyotes, and you seem so determined to give me one. The point here is, you are on pack land, my pack's land, have thus far ignored a simple and reasonable request by a pack wolf, said pack wolf has made no threatening moves towards your person, and you have nothing to lose by coming down here." She leaned casually back against a tree. It really was fortuitous for the coywolf that she was rather easygoing, far moreso than the grey bird.
[html]

Red twitched his ears and looked up at the eagle. It was bothering him that the bird was still there, more or less looking at him. In fact, it was odd that it had come anyplace near him in the first place. Hazel eyes narrowed and he mouthed something along the lines of ‘go away’ or maybe even ‘piss off’. He seriously doubted that the bird would understand him, and he did it in the way that one might talk to a tree. But then, Sol always talked to trees, maybe it was just him.

Red frowned but complied with the she-wolf’s request. He felt rotten just because she had called him specifically a coyote. He wasn’t a complete coyote. The way she said it, he felt that she meant or was implying that because he was coyote he was like the individuals in the Inferni. Red climbed down the tree, keeping his eyes on the she-wolf in case she did anything and muttered to himself. ”Yo no cerro this tus pack. Perdón, señorita! Cer fue muy inviting, mucho simpático.”

Red reached the bottom and surveyed the situation. He glanced over the female and sighed, losing the look of anger that he was feeling. ”Red Sol.” He said, placing a hand on his chest. At the very least she should know his name. Red felt somewhere in the back of his head a small amount of hope that she might talk to Cer. If that would happen maybe he should try to be more friendly. He didn’t want Cercelee to regret… what happened.

[/html]
OC: Short, sorry XD

Wind sighed as the male came from the trees. He looked like a coyote to her, granted, bigger, but to the blind She, he looked more like the smaller canid than the larger ones she knew of. She knew nothing of the Inferni or the conflict that surrounded them. He said something about not knowing this was her pack, and maybe that he was nice or something, but her Spanish was as poor as his English.

She smiled a bit, wondering how much Spanish he had, she tried to compromise, "Me llamo es WindSeeker Icefur. Yo no hablo espanola bien." She said with a faint smile of self amusement. She then pointed to the gray eagle in the tree, "Ella es Etalpalli." Switching to English, she continued, "I am new here, so my knowledge of people and the area is extremely poor."
[html]

Red was exactly half coyote and half wolf. Albeit, his wolf half was red wolf, which might be a wolf and coyote mix in the first place. For this reason, he was small with larger coyote ears and the narrow muzzle. Some people thought he looked like a coyote, some thought he was just a strange wolf, but all of them thought he was strange just for being in trees. It wasn’t something that wolves or coyotes normally did.

Hazel eyes watched the female as she attempted to speak Spanish. Her name was Windseeker, which was an interesting name. She then motioned to the bird in the tree. Red narrowed his eyes at the bird, still not trusting it. So, it had been with the female wolf the whole time. Red twitched his nose at this.

”Many pack come from over mountain. Ellos take forest y territory. I no know them.” Red said this while looking up at Etalpalli, studying the strange eagle.

[/html]
OC: Sorry for the wait, life/s been wierd

IC:
The blind she could not really make out the nuances of Red Sol's lineage, she could only tell he had coyote in him, and that if he had wolf in him, it wasn't the traditional gray she was familiar with. She thought over what he said next. Shifts in territory were a way of life, and wolves nearly always drove out coyotes. It was how things were, the strong usurped the weak, and she saw little problem with the plight of the coyotes. They were smaller and weaker, though often more numerous than wolves. Etalpalli ruffled her feathers in the tree. "Expected different, it did? Silly Pretender, he is. Wolveses is better, wolveses is," Wind had to agree with that, "That tends to happen." Her own pack had displaced any number of coyotes in her day. It was the way the world worked, wasn't it?

"I don't know anyone either, really. You're the first non packmember I've met here."
[html]

lawl, post made at skool xD

Red flicked his tail slightly, thinking. He had never really thought that wolves and coyotes were really all that different, go figure. The hybrid pretty much thought that the only main difference was that they looked slightly different, and not even drastically different at that. He flicked one ear. ’I don’t see why we can’t get along…’ Red then heard the bird again and looked over at it. Maybe it was just making noise, but then again, Wind seemed to be paying a lot of attention to it. The hybrid glared at the bird.

”I no know.” Red shrugged at the female, hazel eyes distant as he thought. He tapped a claw on his skull as he spoke. ”I no remember. Maybe familia y pack, all gone ahora.” He flicked his ears at her next words. Had she just joined this pack? ”Mucho pack a otro. Wolf pack y coyote también.” To say that there were many packs would be a hyperbole, but to poor Red they were many and dangerous for the most part.

[/html]