Poor misguided fool
[html]
ooc

I'm thinking a bit of talking before the actual fight? Up to you, I'm just looking for threads longer than like... 7 replies XD

I guess I'll bleed in silence

Once again he was scouting. Lubomir had never quite got the hang of all this and his recent encounters had obviously not taught him much. This time he'd followed the coast in desperate, mad, reckless runs, only to slow down, trot, rest, and repeat. There was an aching in his bones, like he'd felt before the long leg of his journey began. There was some sort of aching, deep in his heart, a nameless pain, a fierce longing for something he could not translate into words. His wounds no longer pained him, but he was considerably slower and he preferred to run on four legs rather than two. The sun broke through the clouds again and he looked up, momentarily blinded. He gradually stopped, his nose picking up the scent of shifters. After the salty air of the beach, Lubomir found himself resenting once again happening upon claimed lands. It annoyed him that he'd been so careless. Weary, he trudged on, but stopped before crossing the border. He wasn't as stupid as all that.

Lubomir was in for a big surprise in Twilight Vale.

[/html]
She and Lucifer had just broken up. She'd tossed away the ring he'd given her. And Taliesin had given it back. Then he'd buried it, seeing the distress on his momma's face. She was okay, she supposed. Maybe. She walked the borders, waiting, looking for something. or maybe someone. She didn't know.

A scent came to her. A stranger. A joiner? Another deep inhale told her it was male. She moved forward. She paused several foot away. Regal. Elegant. Deuce. She arched an eyebrow. Hello there. how can we help you?
[html]
ooc

Tis late, I know. Just got Internet back and I'm feverishly trying to keep up. Sorry for the wait.

Lubomir was face to face with another white wolf. For a minute, he thought it was Mew, but her eyes were different and Mew was in Dahlia de Mai, a long way away from here. He shook his head. Perhaps he should have slept more. But no, that would have been wrong. And truly, if he hadn't passed out from the effort he could handle more. He quickly scanned her, his yellow eyes betraying his interest. She
seemed roughly his age, perhaps a bit older. And she too looked weary. For one crazy moment, he thought she too had suffered some sort of miscarriage or loss, but he quickly shook his head and tried to compose himself. It would not do to present himself as being crazy. She might hate crazy wolves.

He coughed a bit. His voice would sound tremulous, he knew that now, and it made him seem weak. Mentally kicking himself, he replied, 'I am wandering. I have never been in these parts. What pack is this, fair lady of purity?' He was startled to find that he'd been so polite. His intention had been to feign vague interest and there he was, betraying curiosity and flattering her. Lubomir blinked in surprise. 'I apologise if I offend you, my lady. It is not my intention to do so.' The grey wolf had mixed feelings about all this. But he'd hang around. No point going back now.

[/html]
too much. too much was going on. She had too much in her head. A new Deuce was slowly rising out of the ashes of her former happiness. A Deuce who raped and mocked, who used and betrayed. A deuce who had no one but herself. The Deuce who knew the world was hateful and spiteful, and reacted accordingly.

The male studied her, and she studied him. She arched an eyebrow at his poetic words. Strange. But nice. Almost like her adopted father, Taliesin. "You have wandered into Twilight Vale lands." She paused a momnet, a strange quirk on her mouth. "And if you offended me, you would no longer be welcome. Tell me, what does a male from Lady Tayui's lands have to do with the Vale lands? Spying, perhaps?"

Her tone was both serious and light. She neither meant insult or injury, nor flattery with her words.
[html]
ooc

She knew Tayui? Now this certainly put a different twist on the entire situation. He had hoped to go unnoticed. Perhaps the scent of Shadowed Sun was strong enough on him now to make him easily recognisable? But that also meant that this female knew Tayui. Well, no use trying to hide who he belonged to, then. She certainly seemed the perfect ice queen. Her arched eyebrow, her cool composure, her entire demeanour screamed of hurt to him, but not how Mew had. Mew was broken somehow. This one was powerful. Pain and suffering only enhanced her strength. She was like nothing he'd ever met before. 'My lady, you are right. I do indeed come from Shadowed Sun, the lands of Tayui and Pilot. I am named Lubomir. What should I name thee?'

Spying? It was perfectly laughable. Would he truly be wandering around this carelessly if he wanted to spy? But at least now he knew the name of the place. Twilight Vale. Not one he'd heard before, certainly. 'You misunderstand me, my fair one. I do not intend to spy. I merely felt like travelling and I stumbled upon your glorious pack. Tell me, what does one do in Twilight Vale? And perchance you may tell me why you feel the need to be so cold. Has my way of speaking offended you, my lady?' He was trying not to screw this up. Trying too hard, maybe.

[/html]
She cocked an eyebrow, waiting for his pretty speech to beover. He seemed nice enouygh, but he sure was long winded. She compsed herself, and came up with an adequate reply. I am called Deuce Rhiannon, and I happen to be the scout of these fair lands, the lands of Conri and naniko.[/b[ For the first time, she wished she had a more elegant name. But she had to make due with what she had.

Not a spy? Then why was he here? [b]then pray tell, if you are not a scout, perhaps you are a fugitive? For only cowards and theives run as you have been. I am no fool, Sir. I have eyes that see and a nose to smell, and I know a brigand when I see one.
There. A way to say, 'who the fuck are you and what the hell are you doing on our borders?' without coming out and saying it.
[html]
ooc

Conri and Naniko, huh? Lubomir didn't know about them, he'd not heard Skoll or Ember mention them and he was too polite to ask Deuce. It seemed strange, though, the way she acted towards him. As if he'd done something wrong. It set him slightly on edge. And to have her accuse him so was hurtful and untrue. What did she know of his demons? Or what haunted him? She was making wrongful assumptions and that annoyed him. A lot.

'Lady Deuce, I doubt you know the meaning of the word brigand. Yes, I ran but I did not intend to enter your lands. I run from my own problems, my lady, and I am too polite to burden you. But to call me a thief? What exactly have I done to deserve the term?' The tone was more harsh that he'd originally intended, but Lubomir thought he should give her a taste of her own medicine.

[/html]
((I think now would be good for tal to stumble in, after your next post?))

She straightened as he accused her of not knowing what the word brigand meant. Bi-colored eyes narrowed as she stiffened, her voice becoming more clipped and precise. How dare you wander into these lands and accuse me of being stupid? You think just because you are a member of Tayui's pack that that keeps you out of trouble?

She was angry now, and her Irish accent was coming through. The accent only reared it's musical head when she was emtional, angry, sad, happy or aroused. It was something she'd picked up from her adopted father, Taliesin. Her pristine white fur began to fluff out, to stand on edge. She was getting angry. And no one liked Deuce when she was angry.
[html]
Yeppers. And then she can start kicking his ass all the way into next week! Big Grin

What was wrong with her? He tried reviewing their conversation in his head, trying to find something wrong in all he had said. This certainly was unbelievable. He had never expected any of this to be easy and he was in no mood to constantly walk on eggshells. Soon, his patience, already stretched thin, would snap. Her accusations, her cold words, the implications... they all made the ugly beast rear its head and sniff the air for blood. He'd fought males, but to hit a female? It was wrong and bad and he really should not be thinking such thoughts. 'My lady, I beseech you, see reason! When did I call you stupid? I merely implied that perhaps you did not fully understand the implications of your words. And I do not expect anyone to keep me out of trouble. Tayui knows not that I am here, so my actions are my own, not Shadowed Sun's.'

He tried to back away a step or two when her fur bristled like that. What was all that about? He was not a threat, he was not a monster here to hurt her. But he couldn't afford being a coward for much longer either. What reason would she have to attack him? Indeed, he could call her on that. 'My lady, I am in Conri and Naniko's lands, do you not think that they should pass judgement on anything you think I have done you wrong on?' Lubomir tried not to think of any possible implications of a fight. His beating from Gabriel and squabble with the non-shifter had left him drained. He could not sustain more damage.

[/html]