Morning run
Itzal ran as fast as he could along the border, his Secui form a mere shadow among the trees. He was stronger now. He was better now. As he pushed himself even further, he could feel himself becoming more relaxed, more at peace. He looked at the border, making sure he was alone. He hadn't been around people for a while, just staying in his den most of the time, but now he had come out of his den, wanting to run, and blow off some built up steam. And he did, he blew it off by running.
Running had always made him feel calmer, more sure of himself. He could feel his strength, he could feel his power. He was a killer, he was a fighter. He wasn't some one to just sit back and watch as he fell apart. And he was agitated that he had let that happen. So now, he punished himself. He pushed himself beyond his limit, forcing himself to draw on his rage, on his pain, to push him faster then he had ever gone. His legs screamed in agony, but he kept going. He was breathing hard, but he didn't stop, he forced himself on. He had to suffer the consequences for what he let happen. As he kept pulling from that other part of him, he felt the familiar need to kill come along with it. "Good, let me feel it, let me remember what I am, an animal, a killer. It is what I have been since the day I was forced to be what I had to be to survive." He thought.
He howled as he ran faster, his legs trembling now. He could feel himself about to break, and he was happy. He stopped howling and stopped running, his legs throbbing, almost driving him to the ground. He looked around him and laughed. He had done it, he had pushed himself so far, he had punished himself, and made himself stronger. He took back control, pushing his other side down. But it was still there. And it always would be.