I'm not that girl
[html]

For Conri.

She was just putting him down when he woke up again, a frown appearing on his muzzle as his eyes opened. Naniko had been sitting out on the front porch with Sirius as dusk approached, humming to him as they watched the sunset, and she had thought that he was all the way asleep when she'd gotten up to put him to bed. It seemed not, though. Somehow he'd stayed asleep the entire way up the stairs, through the creak of the bedroom door and the crinkling sound of the kid mattress.

"Ssshh...just go to sleep." She whispered, pulling a light blanket over the copper child. As soon as something was over him Sirius' eyes drooped shut again, and she breathed a light sigh of relief. He was usually the hardest to get to sleep, but she'd gotten lucky this time.

[/html]
[html]
Conri watched her as she climbed the stairs to the manor, disappearing through the front door with a carefully held bundle. One of the pups, it was an easy thing to assume, but he was curious as to why she'd been sitting there with him. He'd been some distance away, so the humming was not something that he had picked up on. Only moments after she disappeared into the house, Conri did the same, following the same that that she had taken. His steps were quiet as he went, not wanting to disturb the time that she and the pups spent together, only curious to see what it was that they were doing. It wasn't until he reached the top of the stairs that he realized it, night was quickly approaching and the rooms for the pups were mostly upstairs, which simply had to mean she was trying to lull them to sleep, much like his own mother had done for him when he was young.

The red hybrid made it to the bedroom door just in time to see Naniko lay the pup down for rest, snuggling him beneath a blanket and speaking quietly, so quiet that he could hardly make out the words. Such a sight was a beautiful thing in a way that Conri simply couldn't explain, and so he rested there, leaning against the door, watching in awe as his beautiful mate worked in ways that he just didn't understand. Putting a pup to bed wasn't a simple task, but it wasn't magic either, the thing that he didn't understand was what looked to right about Naniko with that pup.

[/html]
[html]

Your post was brilliant; I feel all crappy now xD

There were a few things that she had missed out on as a kid that she knew she wanted her nephews to have. She wanted them to have a parent that they could come and talk to whenever they needed to...she wanted them to never feel like they didn't have anywhere to go or anyone to talk to. Maybe it was easier with her being their adopted aunt, and not their actual mother...but it all felt the same to her. She had tried watching young ones before, like Davinci, and Dhalia and Khaden...but they'd all gone away with time. These ones would stay, she was sure of it.

She stayed for a few extra moments to make sure that he was really asleep before she turned toward the door. A gasp escaped her when she saw him there, leaning against the doorway, looking in; she hadn't expected to see anybody there. "Oh--you surprised me, Conri!" She was trying to get her breathing back to normal, and she glanced back toward the bed, listening for any signs of movement. "Apollo's already in his room sleeping, but Sirius couldn't seem to fall asleep tonight" She explained.

[/html]
[html]
Your posts are always way better than mine. XD I think I ramble to much. D; Tiny power play to get them out of the room.

She lingered for only a moment longer before his eyes were graced with the sight of her face, a sight that made a wide, warm smile spread across his lips. Any question or wonder that he had been having about whether or not children was right for them had gone out the window in those few moments that he had watched Naniko with Sirius. There was no question, nothing that pulled at his heart and mind, he knew that they could do it. Or, more specifically, he knew that Naniko could do it. There were still doubts in himself, the fact that he kept himself away from the four pups that they had in the pack already, all because he didn't think that he could help them. What good could a three legged hybrid do when it came to teaching children? He wasn't fit to hunt, not fight to fight or defend, he couldn't protect them if something happened. His will to do his best for all of them was what kept him going, but not even will could fight off claw and fang.

He only smiled as she spoke, keeping himself silent for the time. Glancing over, he took a brief second to make sure that they hadn't woken the boy before finally stepping forward, reaching his hand out to take Naniko's hand. Quietly, carefully, he gave a tug, leading his mate out of the room and slightly away from the door, not wanting to speak while inside the room for fear of waking the young boy. "I wanted to talk you Nani. I've been thinking about some things." He explained, keeping his voice low despite the fact they were no longer in the room. "If you have time or feel up to it, anyways." She'd taken a lot of responsibility with the pups recently and Conri didn't doubt that she was tired.

[/html]
[html]

Sure thing :o

She was always worried that one of them might get sick, or that they might get into some danger while out wandering on their own. Naniko knew that even the younger two were getting old enough to be out on their own without a parent there, but she wanted to make sure that they knew what to do in case danger came and wanted to know where they were when they were out by themselves. She had taken Sirius out to the human city before to show him the library, to teach him about books so that when he did go out on his own he might go there.

"Sure" She was never too tired to talk to Conri. It seemed like they had been seeing a little less of each other lately, probably because of all the time she spent with the youngest members of the pack. And Lucifer and Deuce were having problems...so she'd been trying to give him advice, too. Now they had a little bit of time for themselves, though, and she couldn't think of anything she'd rather do than be with him.

[/html]
[html]
"What do you think about them? The pups, I mean." He asked her, still holding onto her hand, almost immediately after she agreed that she had time to talk. He was nervous, not really at the prospect that they could be a mother and father, but rather at the aspect of bringing it up to her. Would she get angry? Perhaps think him crazy? Whatever the outcome could be, Conri knew that he had to take a chance with it, even though there was very little doubt in his mind that she would turn away the thought of pups. He knew, somehow, he just knew. His hand shook, only slightly, as he held on to hers, leading her away from the room, likely to a room of his own, though he really hadn't planned out in his mind dragging her away completely, it was almost just instinct.

"I mean, you look so happy when you're with them." His words were accompanied by a smile, a slight reassurance that he meant it in only a good way. Sure, it meant that she often spent time away from him, but it made him happy to see her so happy around them. They would only be so small for a very short time, they would only depend on an adult for so long, and in that way, Conri understood. "And you're so good with them. I mean it's really amazing to watch." And that was the complete truth.

[/html]
[html]

There had been times in the past that she had wondered about pups of her own. She really liked taking care of Sirius and Apollo, even though they weren't exactly hers. Sometimes she had thought that she was taking too much of the responsibility away from Deuce--she had entrusted the older female with them, after all, but after they were weaned Naniko had brought them up to the house.

Lucifer had told her that Deuce wasn't well, that he wanted to make sure that she didn't hurt any of the pups or hurt herself. She wasn't sure what could drive someone to do such a thing...to harm their own offspring or to try and hurt themselves...but she had known that it wasn't something that she wanted the little ones to be exposed to. Lucifer had agreed that it would be safer for them if all five of the children, young Jazper included, stayed in the bedrooms upstairs in the house...at least at night.

Lucifer took care of his sons, and Naniko still kept up up with Sirius and Apollo. "Hmm? The pups? They're great. I don't see any trouble coming out of them; so far all five of the boys have been really well behaved. I mean, they get into mischief, like little ones will...but just one word and they're right back on track. Why? Sirius didn't...well...he didn't mean to spill all of that paint. Lucifer and I were painting the shed outside and we didn't hear him coming up around the other side."

He was taking her down the hall and she allowed him to lead her, looking curiously ahead of them. What was he trying to say? "I...well, thanks. I try to picture my own mother, Kaelyn, when I'm around them....and then I do exactly opposite of what I think she would have done." She grinned at the joke, trying to bring a light air to the situation. He looked so serious, though, that after a few seconds she spoke again. "They'll be growing up really soon"

[/html]
[html]
His thoughts might have been different had he known the situation with Deuce, he may not have brought up the subject so fast. Little did Conri know, that very thing had happened with his own siblings. His mother, Soran, plagued by the thought of his father, the very man who raped her, had murdered one of her own children because it had looked so much like Hollow. So much like Conri, even. The young Leader was blissfully unaware of that fact though, something that very well could come out in the open to haunt him one day. Now, though, now all of his thoughts revolved around Naniko and their current situation. The pack was well, even with the lack of adults around, and young Jazper had finally moved up into the adult ranks.

"Hm? I didn't even noticed the paint." He said smiling, an idea slipping into his mind. "You should take them all, let them walk around in the paint." He nodded his head, turning slightly to the side so that he could press his body against the door of the bedroom that was at the very end of the hall, pushing the door open. "And bring them in the house to run around." He laughed a bit at the image of it that played in his mind. "That way they leave their footprints on the floor and we'll always remember just how little they were." He smiled again, once more leading her, but this time into the bedroom.

"But what I really wanted to talk to you about.." He said finally, releasing her hand just long enough to close the door before grabbing hold of it again. This a conversation for their ears only, at least for the time. Leading her across the room and to the bed, Conri seated himself, pulling her around so that she might face him. "Well..I was thinking.." He paused then, taking a deep breath. No matter how hard he tried to hide his nervousness though, his words still came out slightly shaken. "I was thinking that it might be nice to be a dad." It was all he could really bring himself to get out.

[/html]
[html]

In a few days, it'd be her second birthday. She could scarcely believe that two entire years had passed by already. There were times when she still felt like a clumsy pup--she could remember those days like they happened yesterday. Naniko had found some fun times in Chimera, Syemv, and Clouded Tears. But the most fun part of her puppyhood, the light of her life, had been meeting Conri. There were many things that she had forgotten over the years, but she could still remember their first conversation. She'd been bold, going all the way over to the coastal territory with her leg still wrapped up in a cast, and he'd been there at the border right as she went across it...like he'd been waiting there, just for her.

The entirety of the situation was lost upon her as she was taken into the bedroom. She wasn't nervous and had no reason to be; she had no idea what Conri was thinking, or why he was fidgeting and looking so apprehensive. "And that would make me the Mom.." As soon as she thought the words they were out of her mouth. She didn't really realize what he meant until after she'd already spoken. "oh...OH."

"I...well, I actually have been thinking....about that, I mean. I think we should. We're the leaders of this pack...and can try for pups whenever we want, right?" They wouldn't have to ask anybody; they were the ones that got to decide. "I didn't know if you wanted to have more, when we already have four here to feed and shelter...but they'll be on their own, halfway grown before any more would be born" It seemed logical. "Oh, Conri. Of course I want to."

[/html]
[html]
For a moment, a very brief moment, Conri understood that his words hadn't completely sunk in. Her response was something odd, a response that turned his very serious smile into a rather goofy grin. It was just another thing that he loved about her. A slow nod was given, staying quiet for the time as he seemingly watched the words sink in. Now she understood. Now she knew what the big deal with and, hopefully, knew that was why he had been acting slightly strange. It was hard to think that it had been so long, that the injured little girl and the slightly confused boy would grow up so quickly and decide to start a family of their own.

He wanted to reach out and grab her right then and there, he knew just by the look on her face that she would agree, but he kept himself still and quiet for the time, waiting until she was finished speaking. "They would be old enough to learn how to care for those younger than them, but still young enough to take an interest in playing with them, perhaps." He smiled, only trying to add on to the list of reasons why now would be the right time. "And with summer well on it's way, they wouldn't have to endure cold winter nights until they were bigger and more able to handle the chill."

It was all that he managed to get out before he finally gave up, releasing her hand and moving his arm to wrap around her, to pull her to him so that he could hold her. "We could be parents Naniko, I know we can do it." And he had faith in the rest of the Pack that they would be there to support them the whole way. Deuce, with her knowledge of childbirth, though Naniko had it also, could help her along. Lucifer understood the role of a father-to-be and could help Conri learn what he needed to do for Naniko through it all. Really, it could all be close to perfect.

[/html]
[html]

I keep hearing these weird sounds from across the street at the furniture factory o_o freakyyy. And it's lightning here.

It looked like they both wanted the same thing, and his words made sense. Naniko knew that there was a lot of pain involved with childbirth...and that there was some risk...but she was confident that both she and Deuce could use something to help reduce that risk. Some sort of an herb. That would be what her next project was. Deuce had already had many litters...she could tell Naniko what to do and what not to do. If she herself was faring well. A lot depended on Deuce and Lucifer's talk.

"We'll be fine" She agreed. There wasn't a pair around who would make better parents. And the lands that they had for their pups to grow up on...Twilight Vale was amazing. She looked back at Conri, wrapping her arms around him, nuzzling into his neck. "We...should start. Trying. Don't you think?" The girl gave him a grin, raising her eyebrows. "We've got everything we need right here--the bed. Heck. We don't even need a bed."

[/html]
[html]
I hate lightening..and thunder. D; What kind of weird noises are coming from the factory? o__o Maybe they're having a party. XD

The fact was, when it came to things like the decision to have children and what would happen during pregnancy, Conri really didn't have any guidance their. His mother had come and gone far to often for him to have a chance to spend time with her, to ask her about such things, and now all he really had to turn to was Lucifer. Heck, not even Noah was around anymore to guide him. Despite all of that though, Conri was confident that they would be able to pull through, even with his lack of an arm making it hard for him to do things. Naniko likely had enough strength for the both of them, which was a large reason that he had faith, along with the fact that he would give everything that he could to help.

When she spoke about..trying, his ears perked up suddenly, eyes slightly wide at her words. He wasn't used to hearing her say something like that and, secretly, it was still slightly awkward for him. He wished he could..do more..though with his lack of an arm it seemed to hinder his techniques. At least, he hadn't really tried to get anything down. How embarrassing would it be for Naniko to walk in on him trying to 'practice' so that he didn't seem so silly or pathetic when he was with her? Whatever the case, these were things that Conri kept to himself. He grinned at her then, nodding his head with a little wiggle of his eyebrows.

Leaning forward just a bit, Conri leveled his muzzle out with her, smiling once before sliding his own muzzle against hers. Tender touches seemed to be his thing really, and even if it was all about starting a family, the love that he had for Naniko showed through in every action. Sliding his muzzle back up the side of her, he placed small kisses against her chin, nibbling at the fur there between kisses, all the way down her jaw as he went. His arm was still wrapped around her, keeping her near him, while his hand caressed her back, running through the soft fur to create small patterns with his fingers.

[/html]
[html]

Thumping sounds, and sounds like something's falling over. I dunno--I worked a LOT today. Maybe I'm imagining things xD and lol. Deuce and Luci and Nani and Conri--all the wolves in TV are getting it on >>;; We should use that as an incentive for joiners.

She never had to worry about the way she acted, or the things that she said when she was around Conri. That was one of the reasons that she could be so open; she knew he would never criticize her over something that she said, or over a mistake that she might make. The same applied to him--they were going to have to learn how to do things the way that best suited them, with Conri's arm. It wasn't like they had a whole lot of two-armed experience, so they could learn this way faster.

Naniko laughed as his fingers ran through her fur; particular places were ticklish, while others made her shudder. She smiled as her giggles subsided, hugging onto him. Not too tightly, as she wanted him to be able to move, but tight enough. Everything that he did to her always felt good, so she welcomed all of it. If no pups resulted from what they did tonight, they could try again. And again. And again.

[/html]
[html]
Join Twilight Vale, we have SEX, you can too! XD Feel free to power play anything that you'd like to. ;o

She had always been so much more than Conri could have ever hope for, and though he didn't always say it, he knew that somehow Naniko understood that. Now that things had settled in, now that they had decided to start a family, he was planning to show her, at least once a day, just how much that she meant to him. Grinning at her movements, the way that she giggled and the faint movement that it made against him as she did so, only made his hand trail further. His intention was not to tickle her though, but rather to find those hidden spots that did something more. The extra effect was just a special treat to him, her laugh was beautiful.

His muzzled reached her ear finally, nibbling lightly at the fur there before he pulled away only an inch or so, whispering. "I love you Nani." And with that he began to move, keeping hold of her with his arm as he turned himself, moving to lay her onto the edge of the bed. It would be possible to support himself with one arm, or at least try to, he decided. It would also leave room, in the case that he could not, for him to use a knee to support himself. He leaned down then, pressing himself only slightly down against her, to resume his array of soft licks and gentle nibbling, but this time at the base of her neck, right above her chest.

[/html]
[html]

Niiiice. Yes. xD I'm gonna try and sleep for a few hours, but I'll be back later this morning. -yawn- Hoping to be up by 10ish. And haha. "at least once a day" xD

She was just a little worried that he might not think that he could do it...and she was willing to compromise. But right as she was about to speak he was moving, finding a position that would work for both of them. She adjusted as well, moving so that her head was on the pillow. She nuzzled into his neck as he continued to touch her lightly, each of his movements affecting her in small ways. It wasn't cold outside--in fact, she was warm--but her body shook with tiny tremors.

She ran her hands lightly along his back, skimming her nails along the skin there carefully. Whatever he gave to her, she would try to give back to him equally...for as long as she could keep her concentration. "I love you, too, Conri. Always."

[/html]
[html]
I'll be up for a few more hours but then it's bed time for me. ;o I sleep from 8:30am - 3:30pm EST time now, since I have a third shift job. XD

He wanted to touch her, to feel her fur underneath his hand, but it was almost an impossible thing now that he had only one arm to keep his weight on. It was something that he found slightly frustrating almost immediately, though he shoved the thought to the back of his mind. If this was all that he could have, just feeling her body against his, then it was enough for him. He continued nibbling at her fur, moving off to one side to trail down the bone that protruded slightly beneath her skin. He hated the fact that he was limited to very little and, to make up for it, he didn't stay in a single area for to long.

He was on the move again, shifting his weight to slide himself downward, though it was an awkward motion with the feeling of her hands on him, which sent shudders through his whole body as he moved. The young male trailed his way down the middle of her chest, finally finding his way to her stomach, an area that he took special care. He moved for areas more near her side, like where the bone of her leg began, and nibbled there, hoping to avoid the more ticklish areas. The last thing he wanted to do was ruin the moment with needless tickling. Taking a chance, Conri dropped both his knees to the floor, finding that he could hold himself in the same position, which freed up his arm for the time. He trailed it down her stomach, across her side, and began a slow descent over the top of her leg.

[/html]
[html]

She looked at him curiously as he moved around her, wondering what he was thinking. That was the most exciting part about being with somebody, that you could never tell exactly what was going on in their head. Each move that he made surprised her with a new shot of exhilaration, and the tempo of her breathing increased as she fought to control herself. She didn't want to make any sounds that might wake the children up, but that was becoming more and more difficult as he went.

Naniko swallowed, watching him with a bright eagerness, unsure of exactly what he was doing but knowing that she was going to like it. It was different to see Conri taking the initiative and going for something, and she welcomed it with soft, low noises of encouragement.

[/html]
[html]
Conri was not so bold that he would act on all of the thoughts that sprung into his mind. Though this had been something that they had experienced together before, it still had that new feeling and he didn't want to rush things, they would come with time. Despite how eager and ready Conri really was, his movements were paced and calm, everything about what he was doing seemed to be fluid. It had to have been something special, he told himself, that he was so nervous but when it came down to it, knowing that he was with Naniko, none of it showed.

The sounds that she made, no matter how quiet, sent chills through him and only caused him to keep going. It was exciting, really, and he didn't know what it was about it that made him that much more excited, but it did. His hand continued to trail against the top of her leg, falling slowly down to the inside of her thigh. He caressed the fur there, running his fingers through it in gentle patterns as he worked his way upward, finally reaching the point that he could begin to feel the moisture on her fur. At about that moment his head had reached her lower abdomen, where he traces gentle lines across with his tongue, nibbling at the fur here and there.

[/html]
[html]

She hadn't been the type to enjoy living in a house in the past, but now she could see some of the benifits. It wouldn't have been as much fun to do this on the ground; the bed was so soft, leaning in gently underneath her weight, supporting her back.

Conri was out of reach, for the most part, so she settled for grabbing hold of the comforter. Moments passed and her fingers twitched with each movement that he made with his tongue, claws digging into the fabric a little. She was trying not to rip it, but the things that he was doing to her were taking all of her attention. She wasn't really thinking a whole lot about the blanket.

The pleasure was rising to a slow, steady peak, but she wasn't sure if she wanted him to stop. She settled for reaching out toward his shoulder, though her hand fell short by a couple of inches.

[/html]
[html]
His fingers moved against the moisture that had gathered, only barely touching her flesh, while his muzzle and, along with it, tongue moved dangerously close to the same area. He was so lost in the moment, the quiet sounds and faint movements that she made, that he might have continued on if he hadn't caught a glimpse of her hand out of the corner of his eyes. She was reaching for him and immediately he withdrew his head, smiling. Bracing his weight against the bed, he slid farther up her body, reaching out to take her hand. Once he had it within his own, he placed a row of gentle kisses down each finger, pressing his muzzle against it once before finally releasing it.

He continued further up then, reaching out his arm to place his hand firmly near her head, off to the side a bit, and pulled himself up level with her. Sad but true, during it all, Conri had calculated the exact position that he would have to be in to..continue without problems. Lifting his left leg, he braced his knee on the edge of the bed, wedging it carefully beneath Naniko's leg. Then, without further hesitation, he leaned down to place a kiss on her muzzle, moving himself forward at the same time. Lucky for him he had positioned himself correctly, meaning there would be no awkward hit or miss session, even though Amber thought that might be incredibly hilarious.

[/html]