Character Name: Leigha Willow
Character Birthdate: September 2nd, 2010
Species: Eastern Timber Wolf
Is your character a Luperci?: yes
Other 'Souls Characters: none
How you found 'Souls?: my cousin (Raze)
Are you joining a pack?: Cercatori D'Arte
If joining a pack, are you joining IC or OOC?: IC
Profile or three writing examples: I filled out my profile and I have two writing examples.

Sample 1:
Leigha woke up in the tent the traders had set up for keeping their goods safe and dry. As she stretched her stiff legs, she thought about the traders, how kind they have been towards her. She paused and thought about this for a moment. As she walked outside, the warmth of the bright sun beating down on her silvery coat, she took in her surroundings. The green grass covered the ground for miles ahead. To her left was the large dirt road the merchants and traders usually take on their way to the other packs.

She focused for a while, and after a few minutes, her legs got longer, her mane grew out to her shoulders, and she was standing much taller. After she had finished shifting into her optime form, she walked over to Archie, her Welsh cob stallion, and slung her arm around his neck.

“What do you think I should do boy?” Leigha asked as she rubbed the horse’s neck. She grew disappointed when Archie whinnied. She knew she would not understand him for a long time, if any time. Who was she kidding, Archie couldn’t help her. Or could he? His long whinny had given her an idea. She looked around for any sign of Mortimer, the leader of the group. He walked out of his tent in his optime form, stretching his arms up and yawning. A wide smile spread across Leigha’s face as she raced over to him. As she was running, she tripped over a log the traders had used as a bench. She hurled into him, knocking both of them hard to the ground.

“Mortimer I am so sorry I—”

He cut Leigha off. “Just forget it Leigha. What did you want?” Mortimer asked as he stood up and brushed the dirt off of his black fur.

“Well, I, I wanted to ask you something,” she stammered.

“And that is?” he asked, knowing Leigha would take forever to explain it.

“Well, I just wanted to ask you, since you took me in for a few days and everything, if I could give you something in return.” Leigha waited anxiously for a reply.

Mortimer sighed. “What do you want to give us?” he asked slowly.

“Well, I’m a decent singer. Could I maybe sing for you?” she asked. She truthfully would have sang even if he said no to her offer.

“I guess that would be a fair trade. Why don’t you wait in front of the fire pit while I go get the other men,” Mortimer said over his shoulder as he walked off towards the tent. Leigha’s eyes widened. She thought she was going to sing for just him, no one else.

Sample 2:
Everyone was gathered around the fire pit to watch Leigha sing. There were five traders in all. She knew she was ready to sing, but she just didn’t feel it inside of her. What was wrong with her; she always felt it! She tried to find that feeling she got: the feeling in her stomach, in her heart, and in her mind when she sang. She couldn’t find it before she had to start singing. As she sang, she felt a warm sensation in her stomach. Finally, she had found that feeling. She sang with all her might, as she went low, it sounded deep and soulful. When she went high, it sounded angelic. When she finished the crowd was silent.

Did I mess up somewhere?

Leigha’s heart started to thump hard. She was afraid her chest would burst. Her heart was thumping so hard she was afraid Mortimer would hear it. As she stood there in silence, she noticed that the traders were slightly slack-jawed.

Wait, they’re not bored, they’re… amazed!

After a few more moments of silence, Mortimer stood up and started to clap. The rest of the traders followed. Leigha felt a rush of happiness and relief surge through her. She had impressed them greatly. That was all that she wanted. Leigha felt content. She loved to sing. It was her life and she finally got to share her real talent with someone.
Welcome to 'Souls!

Congratulations! You've been accepted into the craziest bunch of roleplayers on the vast Internet! We encourage you to keep checking out our information; you can find a wealth of it on the RP Guide. Don't feel pressured to read it all at once -- the guide is a huge resource and is meant to be used as a reference.

If You've Joined the Game As a...
  • ... Loner, do begin considering which of the packs you'd like to join. Survival as a Loner is less realistic -- wolves and other canines are generally social creatures, preferring to live in a pack structure!
  • ... IC pack joiner, you can now begin posting -- you may start your IC pack joining thread whenever you're ready. Make sure you check the pack information to see if the leadership requires anything extra from you!
  • ... OOC pack joiner, the leader still has to respond here before you can start roleplaying -- don't worry, though; if you're rejected from the pack you'll be titled as a Loner, and you're free to pursue other packs or the same one later.
Post-Joining Process
Mandatory:
  • Make an In Character post within five days. Post a thread request to get started, or consider starting or replying to an open thread.
  • Please let us know in the Absentee Thread if you plan to be absent for more than four days.
  • Keep reading! While there's only a minimum of three topics you have to read to join the game, we provide a wealth of information for a reason -- we expect players to read and reference this material often while they roleplay at 'Souls.
Preferred:
  • If you're leaving us, please try to let us know in the Player Updates forum. There is no penalty for leaving; you're free to re-join at any time later.
Still Need a Bit of Help?

Post any questions you may have in the Questions and Help forum. Check the FAQ first, though! The Mentors can assist you with writing, roleplaying, and understanding 'Souls concepts. Failing all else, contact a staff member.

If you need help getting adjusted to your pack, you should talk to your pack leader! They can help you to understand the pack's rank system and how to get a better rank, as well as direct you to plots, potential thread partners, and active members of the pack who may be interested in engaging you.