Finding the Artists [joining]
[html]

Preferred Rank: stage rank (Singer/actress)

Currently Played Characters: none

Initial Post: Leigha had been traveling for a long time, just yearning to find this artistic pack the traders had talked about. Trotting on her Welsh cob stallion, Archie, she smelled a large group of wolves close by. She looked around urgently and saw a gigantic tree in the distance. She urged Archie into a canter and rode towards the tree. Mortimer, the leader of the traders that she ran into, had told her this pack had a huge tree at its border. After a little while she had reached the tree. She dismounted her horse, focused for a while, and soon turned back into her Lupus form. She stood slightly behind the tree, making sure she wasn’t standing on their border.

She remained standing even though she was exhausted. She wanted to make a good impression on this pack. Leigha lifted her head and howled loudly, hoping someone would hear her. She howled for quite a while, but soon stopped and waited. She prayed someone would find her. As she waited, she looked at the tree with all of its markings. Once she saw all of the artistic marking made on the tree, she knew this pack was where she belonged.[/html]

OOC: Hello there.

IC: Rory had taken a walk along the borders, thinking about his girlfriend when he heard the howl of someone not too far off. His niece was with Mya and Rose and was probably having a grand time with them. He was high enough to start greeting newcomers, so he trotted towards the direction of the call, giving a loud bark in return. His paced slowed a little as he approached the figure of a wolf.

It was a female! He smiled and gave another bark to get her attention. ”’Ello, miss. Yer at the borders of Cercatori d’Arte. What can we do fer ye?” He leaned against the tree slightly and saw the stallion nearby. It seemed like the woman was exhausted. He gave a sympathetic smile. ”Did ye come from a long way away?” He was curious since he came from across the ocean.

Rory realized that he never told her his name. He gave his forehead a slight smack before he gave an apologetic smile. ”Where be me manners? Allow me ta introduce me ta yerself. Me name is Rory Ward, singer and mandolin player extraordinaire. What might yer name be, lass?” He raised his eyebrow and waited patiently for her answer.
The young wolf lowered herself and bowed her head respectfully as the leader of the pack had aproached her.

"I'm Leigha Willow. I have come to ask permission to join your pack," she answered.

There was hope in her eyes. She had so longed to be in this pack. It seemed so perfect to her. The leader seemed quite friendly, which was a good sign. She couldn't wait to show him what she could do. The sun was starting to go down and a cold breeze drifted in. Leigha wanted to curl up for warmth, but not when the leader of her so desired pack was right in front of her nose. She had to be respectful and confident at the same time. She couldn't make the impression that she was a wolf with no dignity. She had to show respect to the leader, but show him that she was a confident young wolf as well. She thought that that would give her quite the impression with the leader. She lowered herself more, hoping that her slightly more submissive act would show that she had great respect for him.
Rory thought that it was flattering but rather funny that she thought he was the leader. So he started to chuckle a bit. ”Lassie, as much as I’d love ta accept ye, I can nae. I’m not the leader. I’m just a simple member.” He smiled gently. ”However, if ye want, we can call fer the leader, Skye?” He waited for her OK.

He looked at her and tried to see what questions would be good to ask her. ”’Ow ‘bout ye tell me a wee bit ‘bout yerself? Where are ye from, what can ye do, that sort o’ thing.” He really was new at this whole greeting newcomers thing and hoped that he was doing it right. He mentally shook his head to clear it.

He perked up. ”I cin tell ye about meself. I’m an Irishman, I ‘ave a niece, and I cin sing an’ play the mandolin. I’ve been ‘ere about a month or so an’ ‘ave reached the second tier o’ me rank.” He considered what else to talk about. ”What brought ye here ta ‘Souls? I came ta give me an’ me niece a safe place ta stay.” Rory wagged his tail as stood waiting for her answer.
Leigha was a little embarrassed about finding out that Rory wasn't the leader after all. But at least she showed respect. She stood up and her eyes bacame friendly.

"Well," she began, "I am from a pack not around here, I am the only daughter of my parents, and I can sing and act. I was hoping that your leader would let me into the pack. I could be of great use for entertainment and I'd love to practice my art. My pack was very practical. We didn't sing, dance, act, draw, any of the sort. It got really boring for me so I decided to leave and find a new pack. A group of merchants told me about a pack that's very artistic that was down south. They told me it had a great, big tree on its border. So I set out in search for your pack and now I've finally found it!" Leigha paused. "I hope I didn't talk to much," she said guiltily. She got very talkative when she was excited.

"But yes, I would love to talk to your leader. I would be so greatful," Leigha said respectfully. She thought it was nice how one of the first wolves she met from this pack was a singer like her.
Rory saw her embarrassment and smiled widely at her. ”I suppose I should ‘ave expected it since I did greet ye. Bu’ ‘tis all right.” He listened to her story and thought that she would be a good member. But that wasn’t for him to decide. ”So yer from up north, eh?” He stored that bit of information away for later.

At her talking to much, he shook his head in amusement. ”Nay, yer fine, lass. Though I do wonder what made them think that we’re artistic?” The last part was said with great amusement. He knew exactly why others thought that they were artistic. They are artistic. But he was happy that people were spreading the word about CdA.

He nodded at getting a leader. He sent out a howl for Skye to come to the border. He then turned back to Leigha. ”What kind of entertainin’ cin ye do, lass?” He was curious what she could do. He considered that they could do duets together. That would be fun. He nodded to himself. But he realized that she might find that odd. ”That’s a reason that a great many people leave home.”
Rory agreed that he would get his leader, which made Leigha beam with happiness. He had asked her what kind of entertainment she could do. Well, she thought about this for a moment. Surely she could sing, she was pretty decent at acting, too.

"Well, I am a very good singer. I could sing for other wolves and practice my muse at the same time. I wouldn't care if I did it solo or with any other wolf, I'd just be happy singing period. And I am pretty decent at acting. I could entertain with my acting and if you did theatre here then I could play a part. I've heard of theatre somehwere, I just forget where. But yes, that's what I can do. I am also very friendly to all wolves, or any animal for that matter, no matter big or small. I absolutely am NOT a judgemental wolf. I heard that was how this pack was, too. But it was just a rumor I picked up on the road."

Leigha hoped that Rory and her would become good, even great, friends. He seemed very interesting. He certainly was not like many of the wolves she had met over her life. Even though she was enjoying herself by conversing with Rory, she couldn't get the leader coming out of her mind. How could she? He or she was the one who would decide her fate. She flashed a smile at Rory, hoping he would say something back, to help get her mind away from her anxiety.
Rory grinned at her excitement of the simple act of calling for the leader. She seemed easy enough to please. And he had to admit if he didn’t have a girlfriend, he would her extremely attractive. She was nice but he was a woman man and he had found his woman. So he just grinned happily.

His eyes lit up at her being a good singer. ”Splendid! We cin do duets, if ye would like?” He was really excited about the prospect of having someone to sing with. About her respecting everything, he nodded. ”We’re a fairly laid-back pack. We try nae ta ruffle each other’s feathers, so ta speak, an’ try ta stay neutral in our dealin’s wi’ other packs.” They need to if they wanted to do a lot of trading.

He wondered about the flash of a smile but mentally shrugged it off. ”Now, do nae worry. I’m sure that once Skye comes, she’ll accept ye inta the pack.” He was confident that Leigha would be accepted. Though he needed to ask her something. ”’Ave ye done anything bad like purposefully kill anyone, or the like? I just need ta make sure I’m nae lettin’ in a murderous rapist.” He didn’t think she was but one could never tell.
Leigha was slightly shocked at Rory's question about her doing something terribly bad, like murdering someone, but she could tell that he meant no disrespect and it was a very fair question.

"No, I would never do anything like that. I believe in peace. But just to be honest with you, I will fight if I have to, but only for the protection of my pack or the protection of myself. Trust me, if I got into an arguement with a wolf, I would most definitely not be the one to first get violent," she reasured him. Rory seemed like, even though he wasn't the leader, he knew what he was doing in this situation. She respected that. She couldn't shake off the way he talked. It was kind of funny, but she thought it was neat, also. She stopped for a moment and looked at Rory.

"Did you say we could do duets together?" she asked. She looked down at the ground and thought for a moment. Her eyes soon returned to Rory's, as friendly and excited as can be. Her small mouth grew into a beaming smile.

"I'd love to," she exclaimed. "No one has ever asked me that before, well, I guess that's because I've never met anyone that can sing, but still. You're a very generous wolf Rory! Thank you very much." There was a sweet, calm tone in her voice at the end. She knew she would get along very well with this Irish wolf. Her eyes filled with sweetness, her expression was warm and welcoming. She waited for a reaction. She hoped it was a good one.
His ears flattened slightly as she was obviously shocked. ”Sorry. I did nae mean ta shock ye. Its just important ta know what kind o’ members we might be havin’.” He truly was sorry for asking that question of her. But it was necessary for his packs safety. He smiled at her. ”I’d nae ‘urt a soul again if cin ‘elp it.” He was a little ashamed about what he did but knew that there wasn’t much he could do to reverse it.

But the topic of conversation turned to lighter subjects as she accepted his proposal. ”Grand!” But he did need to warn her about him not being single. ”Though, I’ll need to make sure me girlfriend cin take care of me niece whenever we decide to practice.” She hoped that she would still be friends with him. ”Do you ‘ave a sweetheart where ye came from?” He hoped that it wasn’t a bad question.

He wondered where Skye was. Not that he found Leigha boring. He just rather wanted to go home to Mya and the wee ones. But he would stay as long as he was needed. ”I’m rather runnin’ out o’ things ta talk ‘bout. Do ye ‘ave any questions ‘bout me o’ the pack?”
[html]
welcome to cda!

The female had heard the Irish wolf call out from the borders, and began to lope towards them in her Optime form. She had had a lot on her mind in the past few days, and was scarcer in the pack than she'd like, she thought as she walked through the dense forests, leaves crunching underfoot. She could begin to hear snippets of conversation - she could tell now that Rory was speaking with who seemed to be a potential joiner. She stopped when she saw Rory, whom she had given a rank up a few days ago, and another, unfamiliar wolf she assumed was the one who was interested in joining.

Giving the wolf a warm smile, yet standing tall with her tail high like the authoritative leader she was, she looked and smiled first at Rory, and then again at the new person. "Hello; it seems that you've come across our borders and are hoping to join, from what I hear," she said amiably.

<style type="text/css">
.freebjuly13 b {font-weight:bold; color:#e9f2f9; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #7f96b6;}
.freebjuly13 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.freebjuly13 {margin:0 auto; width:415px; background-color:#81acc1; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... july13.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #2d586d; padding: 150px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#2d586d; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #;letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
000+
[/html]
Leigha respected how he was informing her he was in a relationship, even though it would make her happy to have a wolf as interesting as Rory, she had never planned to be more than friends with him.

"No, I don't have anyone special." Leigha paused and smiled slightly. "I appreciate you telling me you have a girlfriend. I hope we can be very good friends," Leigha said sweetly.

Leigha saw what seemed to be the leader approaching her. The leader greeted her with a smile and stated what she knew. Leigha lowered herself respectfully.

"Yes, I do wish to join your pack. I would be so grateful to be able to a part of this wonderful pack I have heard about. I am a singer and an actress. I hope I can be a great member of your pack. I very much would like to help any wolves as much as I could." Leigha swelled with passion. It was time to decide where her fate will be decided. This was the moment she had been waiting for. She patiently awaited for a response, hoping she made a good first impression with the great respect she had, even for a stranger wolf.
Rory nodded at her answer to his question. And he was glad that she appreciated him telling her that he was taken. At being good friends, he grinned and said, ”So do I, lass, so do I. Plus, I’m sure that ye cin find the right fella, o’ lass if ye ‘appen ta go that way, eventually.” He would have continued her questioning but then his leader came and took over. He gave her sweeping and a bit overly dramatic bow and said, ”Miss Skye.”

He listened to Leigha’s answer and hoped that she would be accepted. He wasn’t sure if he was needed or not so he stayed while silently asking Skye if he should go or not. But he did pipe up. ”She seems like a good sort. She’s never murdered anybody or done anything else o’ that sort an’ she does nae plan on doing so.”

Rory was very good at reading people and very protective, so if there were someone who wanted to harm his pack, he would try and run them off. But he saw no need to run Leigha off. He in fact liked her, not romantically since he was madly in love with Mya. He smiled happily at the thought of Mya.
Leigha appreciated Rory for helping her out. Skye , the pack's leader, was very confident and dominant. But she didn't seem the type to be hostile in any way. At least that's what Leigha thought. She had hoped Skye liked her. The information Rory had give the leader made Leigha's hopes rise. All she could do was wait and think about how wonderful it would be if she got to sing in front of, who knows how many wolves, showing them her talent.

And how she would love acting. Even though everyone in her old pack told her how much of an incredible and beautiful wolf she was, she never believed them. How could she be that perfect? She loved pretending to be someone else when she acted. In fact, she thought it brought out a better side of her. A more expressive side that not only showed her talent and skill, but her personality as well. She snapped out of her almost impenetrable train of thought as her Welsh cob, Archie, shuffled and snapped a twig that had broken off of the large tree and fallen onto the ground. She looked back and forth from Skye to Rory, hoping someone would say something, anything.
Welcome to Cercatori d'Arte!Site - Rules - Ranks

Hello, and welcome to Cercatori d'Arte! You've just joined one of the many fantastic packs in the world of Souls; based on trade and good relations, this pack is perfect for a soul looking for a friendly place to stay - so welcome to the family! Some things you might want to check out in this unique pack are:

___1. Check out the pack game, where you can earn points to get cool titles and icons!
___2. Read up on the information about the ranks and co-ranks so you can advance in the pack!
___3. Look at the territory map so you can get a feel for the territory of Cercatori d'Arte and choose a house in Thornbury for your character to live in if you want!

If you don't know where to start posting, you can check out the thread requests forum or the open threads! You can also create or join an all welcome thread for some IC fun. Why not also start plotting with other members and begin a fun plot or activity that people can enjoy and experiment with?