seeds of a new life
[html]

Preferred Rank: Traditional (wood sculptor)

Currently Played Characters: None.

Initial Post:

His eyes focused on the looming tree in the distance. The young Luperci raised his muzzle up, breathing in the scents of fellow canines. A pack. Perhaps this was the pack a trader had told him of. Just a few days ago, Loviere had been attempting to trade one of his wooden miniatures with a passing loner. The stranger had no use for any of his artwork, but had suggested that Loviere seek out Cercatori d'Arte, a pack known for its artistic appreciation. Intrigued, Loviere had set out immediately for the place. He limped along, his tan lupus body hopping up and down clumsily as he moved. A makeshift belt of sharpened rocks and wooden sculptures hung from his side. It might have been easier for other Luperci to travel in Optime form, but Loviere was at one disadvantage. His right leg was deformed, turned at a strange outward angle since birth. Despite its inconveniences, Loviere preferred his lupus form.

"Oct, not much further, mate. Don't you worry, brother, I doubt these chaps'll care much for the taste of scrawny coons."
With his gentle drawl, Loviere addressed his longtime traveling companion. In his short life, Loviere had been introduced to many different dialects and accents. His voice was a combination of the many creatures he had learned from. The bulky cream wolf tilted his head toward the young raccoon, who trundled along beside him. The creature acknowledged the wolf with a chattery sound and a wink and he slowed to walk behind Loviere.

Soft brown eyes danced at the thought of a home, of a potential family. Two loners had given birth to Loviere and a life of solitude was not one that he cared for, not any longer. The half tundra, half timber wolf hummed a soft melody to himself and his friend as they moved forward. At the crescendo of the tune, he let out a joyful howl to alert any nearby pack members of his presence. In front of the tree, Loviere laid out his sculptures and prepared to use his best manners for the inevitable confrontation.

[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 305 :: OOC: Why helloooo tere, just to let you know Shaw's a big big guy, but don't let his size scare ya he can be a teddy bear Wink

Shawchert was going on his rounds, thinking of his future mate, the life they had chosen and the path they took to be where they were now. It had not been the ideal, but it had been the inevitable. He knew he was being tested to learn what true love meant and that she had to learn a hard truth about life, in the end it would bring the two together. He hated knowing that he’d been with Sky recently, mated with her, but it was how life was. He loved Sky just not the way he used to, and he was getting far more feelings for Orin now.

The man was moving along the borders, holding the little ferret he’d found close to him, a little makeshift pouch attatched to his back, and she was able to peek out over his shoulder. She was tiny compared to him and it was a sight to see. She’d become far more active now that she was older, and he felt he couldn’t keep her home and she would be happy about it, besides he was sure that eventually if he got her trained she could help him with his own patrols.

The howl was closeby and Shawchert found his way over to the caller. He looked to see a young man near the borders. Shawchert kept his face at a nuetral level. He was a welcoming animal but he still had the wounds to prove that loners were not meant to be trusted. Though the howl gave the man some kudos

“My name is Shawchert Menue, and you are at the borders of Cercatori D’ Arte”

He said. The giant looked down at the newcomer wondering if he was here to cause grief, or help them in some way.

<style>
.shaworin-txt1-box {background-image:url(http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/3531/shaworin.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; width:260px; height:350px; float:right; margin:3px; }
.shaworin-txt1 {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.shaworin-txt1 p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.shaworin-txt1 p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.shaworin-txt1 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.shaworin-txt1 p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:10px 5px;}
.shaworin-txt1 b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>
Image © Nat!

[/html]
[html] The sheer size of the approaching luperci caused Loviere to lower his eyes instinctively. The closer this man came, the more it seemed possible that he could simply step on Loviere like an ant. The young one averted his gaze politely, but took in the appearance of this stranger in his peripheral vision. The maroon color of the man struck Loviere as odd. It was rare that he saw such a distinct color in a wolf. The simple traders he had met before had not had dyed fur. Loviere felt smaller than ever in his plain cream coat. The muddy color that dappled his legs and tail was nothing to brag about.

Shawchert's voice seemed nice enough. Not threatening, not yet. Loviere nudged one of his wood pieces closer to the larger wolf. It was an especially unique piece, one that he would never consider trading. He had shaped the face of a wolf into the piece of wood, but it was clear that the head was made up of two distinct faces. A vividly detailed model of his mother and his father's faces, spliced together in the wood.

"I... I don't mean you any harm. I am Loviere Dinabalo. A trader told me I might be useful with you. I make... these. And fish. I like fish." Loviere spoke slowly, struggling with his words. Since he was a boy, he had been a little slow to communicate.

His soft brown eyes fell upon the pouch that the stranger carried on his back. Before he could have sworn he had seen it move. Cautiously, Loviere nodded his head toward Octavian. "This's Octavian. Coonbrother."

{ooc:// Errp. Still tweaking his personality a bit.}[/html]

[html]

Word Count → 312 :: OOC: That's just fine Smile

There was once a time where Shawchert would feel bad about intimidating another, but now he didn’t care. He didn’t revel in it, but he didn’t really try to apologize for it. He watched as the man pushed a wooden sculpture his wat. Shaw being of the same craft type picked it up delicately and looked at it with a professional’s eyes. He couldn’t help but smile. It was rather good. He listened as the man spoke. Ah traders, it was so nice of them to push someone with skills their way. He couldn’t help but nearly laugh at his statement of liking fish, but he held it in.

“Well it would be good to have another carver in our midsts, I won’t have everyone coming to me. Is carving and whittling all you can do with wood?

The man sat the sculpture back down, knowing its value, though not as much as the other man might hold it. He looked at the racoon and nodded at the masked animal.

“I hope he is well trained? We have children running around here, we don’t want any trouble that we can’t handle.”

The man said. He could feel the little ferret peek her head over his shoulder every once in a while, but most of what could be seen were her beady eyes. Her fur matched Shawchert’s natural fur. Once he got the answer from the newcomer he would call for Skye to have her accept or deny him. Shawchert was no longer the leader and could feel he had little power in the pack anymore. He was still their creator and protector and no one could take that away. Though it had been his wn fault that he was not the leader any longer. Skye was doing a splendid job in any case.

<style>
.shaworin-txt1-box {background-image:url(http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/3531/shaworin.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; width:260px; height:350px; float:right; margin:3px; }
.shaworin-txt1 {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.shaworin-txt1 p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.shaworin-txt1 b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>
Image © Nat!

[/html]
[html]Loviere was generally better at making good first impressions. The magnitude of what he was trying to do however was almost too much for the simple-minded man. He had not had a place to call home for months. And joining a pack was not usually a temporary thing. His parents had told him nothing of communal life - their lessons had been on individual survival. Making the adjustment might prove difficult, but he was willing to give it a try, particularly when he was so burdened by his leg. He could not help but lift his head with a faint sense of pride as Shawchert inspected his carving. Woodworking was as much a part of his life as eating at times. As necessary for his survival as anything else. With the wood in hand, he could almost feel the essence of the tree's spirit.

"You carve too? And I traded by own for this belt, but I can make fishing poles. And... I don't know what else. I never have tried."

Loviere grabbed the wooden piece gently and set it next to Octavian. The raccoon was generally a good help at carrying things for him. He took a moment to look beyond Shawchert, trying to make out signs of the pack within the borders. When Shaw spoke again, Loviere opened his mouth to speak, but the raccoon's rough speech cut him off.

"I 'have good, promise," said Oct. Loviere shook his head with a soft grunt of amusement. His companion had not quite mastered the art of High Speech, though the two had known each other practically since birth. He watched the raccoon stand upon its hind legs, waving its arms in the direction of Shawchert.

"The day he is bad will be the day I have him for supper."[/html]

[html]

Word Count → 238 :: OOC: If you could edit your thread to say Leader Needed, we can get you all set up asap Big Grin

“Well we will have to see what you can learn if you are interested but we could never say no to such work, and yes i’m a carver and woodworker, I can make whatever it is you need out of wood be it a sewing pin to a mansion.”

Shaw said, and as he asked the question of the raccoon he was nearly scared out of his wits as the thing actually talked. Looking up at the man he greeted and down at the racoon, he had an amazed look on his face. He had heard that some lesser creatures could speak, Malachi being one of them but he didn’t think that a racoon was that smart. He had been proven wrong. Loviere’s answer made Shaw content.

“Well then I’ll call our leader, and she might asky you a question or two and she will be the one to decide if you can join or not. He was sure the man wouldn’t be turned out. Shaw had become a bit of a better judge, and he would always keep a close eye on any new member just to make sure they are what they say they are and nothing more sinester. It was mostly for fear something like Argul would happen again. He let out a howl calling a leader or even a councilor who could accept the loner into their lands.

<style>
</style>
Image © Nat!

[/html]
Welcome to Cercatori d'Arte!Site - Rules - Ranks

Hello, and welcome to Cercatori d'Arte! You've just joined one of the many fantastic packs in the world of Souls; based on trade and good relations, this pack is perfect for a soul looking for a friendly place to stay - so welcome to the family! Some things you might want to check out in this unique pack are:

___1. Check out the pack game, where you can earn points to get cool titles and icons!
___2. Read up on the information about the ranks and co-ranks so you can advance in the pack!
___3. Look at the territory map so you can get a feel for the territory of Cercatori d'Arte and choose a house in Thornbury for your character to live in if you want!

If you don't know where to start posting, you can check out the thread requests forum or the open threads! You can also create or join an all welcome thread for some IC fun. Why not also start plotting with other members and begin a fun plot or activity that people can enjoy and experiment with?