Random Question
Do the Luperci and the lupus who can shift into Luperci see in full color or only in red and blue like normal wolves?
I know I have always played it as if they can all see in full color; lupus or optime, luperci or no. I don't think this is ever touched on in detail in the RP guide, but I would assume that they see full color without problems. Otherwise, I've been doing it wrong this whole time. xD
Yeah, I kinda searched the guide and then went to google and was just wondering. I thought it would be a little hard to try to describe seeing only blue and red colors when I have no idea how that even looks lol.
Yup, Luperci see in color.

Hell, most non-Luperci players play like they see in color too, anyway. <_<
There's an old discussion on this here, but it's oooold!

Quote:I played a semi-colorblind character (Ahren de le Poer), but his colorblindness was due to trauma and not genetic. And, according to WikiAnswers

Quote:Dogs are not color blind - they see color, but their chromatic acuity is significantly less than humans'. This is for two reasons: (1) dogs have far fewer cone cells in their retina (cone cells are responsible for seeing color); and (2) dogs are dichromatic (they see only two primary colors - blue and yellow) whereas humans are trichromatic, meaning we see three primary colors - red, blue, and yellow.

Humans have 7 times higher proportion of cone cells than dogs, meaning that when dogs do see colors, they are pale or faded. However dogs have a much higher concentration of rod cells, responsible for seeing black-and-white, and also much more sensitive in lower light conditions. For that reason, dogs have much better night vision than people.

So... naturally, dogs/wolves do see some amounts of color, but it's different from and not quite as pronounced/brilliantly colored as human vision.

Buuuut for purposes of roleplay, it's fine to just describe everything in the colors you see 'em. No need to alter your descriptions or even your character's descriptive speech of things -- we're not sticklers to the point that we point out Luperci making mention of the color red, imo. ^^

edit; kiri y u make me shadowpost
Thanks for all the info Big Grin