Exploration of the Manor
(no not really, and i must apologise if its shorter then usual for awhile, i lost my glasses on the 20th and still waiting on my new ones)

Kota held his hand out towards her but knew by instinct that no bones were broken; just hurt really bad. The skin under the fine and soft fur of the back of his hand bled with small cuts from his aggression on the defencless tree and the nerves were already starting to go numb from the throbbing pain. The black male finally gained control over his anger while he listend to the females tale and now he stood still boiling with rage but at least not showing it. In the depths of his mind he wondered if he would be welcomed on the battlefeild with his packmates or be shown off due to being such a new member, he wanted to fight and if he might use his mind to outsmart the lackies he could possibly get to the leader; for it was in his experience that the bigger and stronger they are....they dumber they are. Kota winced lightly at her attentions to his hand and felt his face flush under his fur, she is a rather beautiful female and now that he really looked he found it hard to believe that he hadn't noticed before. Poor Kota had never been good around beautiful females -often times making himself look like a fool- and he would most of the time avoid them all together to save his dignity.

The male looks away from her and turns his attention to a pinecone that he suddenly found to be extremly interesting. His tail waging beneath his cloak which made the cloth move a bit akwardly "thanks..." he mutters silently. Having met only two packmates so far he felt surprisingly welcomed and at home and liked that feeling very much so yet he couldn't help but wonder if the rest would be as welcoming as Savina or Soran. He liked Soran; she was nice to him and he could tell she has a kind heart that just loves making friends...at least he hoped.

WC: 332
[html]
Sorry about the wait on this, I have been away this weekend. Also sorry if it's a little short :S

The sable female examined the male's hand carefully, smiling slightly when he simply offered his hand to her; there was no argument, Soran knew of wolves that would have been more stubborn at the offer of help. There were more stubborn creatures that would have refused the help, even if they had known that their hand was indeed broken or injured, simply through sheer stubbornness and wishing to prove that they could cope alone. This male seemed to have the good sense to trust the ebony pelted female and she held his hand gently, gazing down at it. The knuckles were scraped, although that was nothing to be too concerned about, after all many of the wolves ended up scraped and sore from simply living in the lands, let alone when they punched trees, naturally it was to be expected that he would have scraped his knuckles a little. The sable female tutted in a motherly tone as she looked at his hand, feeling over the back of it gently, stroking the wounds. It was then that she made a deeper inspection, feeling each knuckle and bone between her forefinger and thumb, it seemed that there was little damage done. Though she assumed that it would be mightily sore for the next few days. She smiled at the male and gave his hand a gentle pat, she was a very motherly creature nowadays, perhaps to make up for the times when she had not been so motherly to her own children, but now, after her last litter she was now happy in the role of mother, grandmother and indeed great grandmother.
"There, no permanent damage has been done. I am sure it'll be a little sore for a few days, but there's nothing broken." The sable lady said gently, not noticing the male's sudden nervousness.

He seemed suddenly very interested in a nearby pine cone and Soran wondered what was wrong, perhaps he was a little awkward, it did not occur to the dark female that he might find her attractive, after all she was an older wolf now and she was rather modest when it came to her looks, although it was true that she was a rather attractive creature, even at her eight years of age. The female smiled and mused on what the male could be thinking, she hoped that he was beginning to feel at home within the pack, she loved her home dearly and she hoped that all that set foot on the lands felt welcome. Well except for the Aniwayan wolves, they would never be welcome here, not in her eyes, not ever. The dark female hated them all at the moment, although she knew that there were many wolves that lived there that did not trust their leader, but still at the moment her rage was too intense to think upon such things, for now all of the Aniwayan wolves would remain unforgiven for their behaviour.
"Is everything alright Kota? Have you found a place to put your den?" The female asked, smiling at him slightly as she did so.

<style type="text/css">
.sorangift b {font-weight:bold; color:#e9f2f9;}
.sorangift p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.sorangift {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#9a9a8d; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v469/ ... oran-1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #BFA1A5; outline:1px solid #000000; padding: 250px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#525662; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #;letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
wc: 517
Table made by the wonderful Vannah <3
[/html]
[html]http://static.desktopnexus.com/thumbnai ... mbnail.jpg); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-color: black
; text-align: justify;">

(sorry for the wait but i finally got my glasses today Big Grin EDIT: its not eligent...but at least its mine and i did it on my own -refering to the table-)

Kota watched the female examine his hand and it stung a bit but he neither winced nor pulled away yet he felt relieved when she let his hand go and told him that nothing was broken "thank you..." he speaks lightly as if thinking about something. He had not yet found a place to live; yet he had spotted a few good alternitives to what he wanted, he turns his gaze to her and watchs her for a oment then replies "no...not yet..i did spot some good places while walking with you" and that was always nice.

The male looks around again before turning his gaze skyward "its so peacefull here..." never one for long speechs was he. His tail moved slowly under the cloak that he wore and each footfall seemed to be different then when she had first met the male, now he seemed alittle more at ease and a bit more confident. Suddenly however he stops and his auds perk up just to twist in all directions "we're not alone" he whispers before sniffing the air slowly and carefully.

The scent that he picked up was not one he liked, Kota suddenly grabbed her arm and ran into more denser surroundings. No sooner had he done this did a rather large bear come ambling out from behind some bushes and trees, Jota kept low as the bear sniffed the air; grunted and ambled away. Kota let out the breath he had been holding in for he hated bears with a passion but it wasn't a kind of hate that would force him to attack rather a hate that forced him to avoid bears at any cost. So with a muttered "i hate bears" Kota emerged from the denser cover back into the trail that they had left.
[/html]
WC:302
[html]
Sorry for the wait on this reply my dear, I am very pleased to hear that you have gotten your glasses Smile Also I like the table, it's much better than anything that I could code myself Smile

The sable female had to confess that she was rather pleased that the male had not injured his hand, after all that had been happening within the lands they needed every able body to be at its best, to be fighting fit and ready for any attack that might suddenly come. It would have been terrible if the male had indeed put himself out of use for the future battles; especially as he seemed to be so passionately ready to defend his new home, besides he was a large male and looked as though he might be very handy when it came to fighting. The dark mother smiled at the younger male as he thanked her for looking at his hand, the truth was that it was no problem for her, she was not the pack's healer, that duty lay at the feet of Savina's daughter Cambria; but the ebony female had the knowledge and the ability to help out, even if it was in a minor way, she had more healing knowledge than most, though she would never claim to be a great healer, more of an emergency medic, called upon when healers were in short supply.
"It was no trouble, I would rather have made sure that your hand was not broken than leave you to suffer if it was." Soran replied, smiling as she did so. It seemed that this male was a kind soul, at least he was seeming to become more relaxed now, this was a good sign to the dark female, she did not like the idea of any of her pack mates feeling anything less than completely at home within the pack lands. For the sable mother these lands were totally and unquestioningly home, she wanted everyone to feel that way, to love the land and the pack as she did. The male spoke and the lady turned her velvety ears to catch what he was saying, he said that he had not found a definate place to put a den but that he had found some interesting spots.
"Well I am glad that you are considering places to put your den. You are of course welcome to sleep in the manor until you find yourself a place that you are certain of, if you wish to of course." Soran replied, smiling at the male in a motherly fashion as they walked. The truth was that she was greatly enjoying walking with this male, she was pleased that he was finding himself at home here.

The mood seemed to change in a sudden moment as Kota grabbed her arm, dragging her into the thicker cover of the lands, the ebony pelted female tested the air, sniffing tentatively, she caught the scent of the bear and nodded at the male. The bear was tresspassing, but after Jazper's story of how a bear had been injured in a moment of confusion between it and the pack she was reluctant to do anything. She did not like the idea of another case of crossed wires in communication causing an injury to a bear, or indeed to a pack member, she shuddered slightly as she remembered the great, lengthy scars that now crossed Jazper's chest. It had been a momentary fight, but it had caused a lot of damage, with the current war the dark female could not risk herself or Kota being injured over such a folly. She watched as the bear lumbered into view, her ears flattened against her skull, it was tresspassing after all, perhaps she should go and shoo it away from the lands. Luckily as soon as it appeared it seemed to realise that it was in the wrong place and began to lumber off back in the direction of the borders. This was a relief to the ebony female, that much she could not deny; anything that avoided conflict at the moment was a good thing. The male growled that he hated bears and Soran looked at him with curious green eyes.
"May I ask why you hate bears so Kota?" She asked, curious to know why the male hated them so, she was not fond of them, their sheer size and power making them a dangerous enemy if they chose to be one, but she could not say that she hated them, she simply treated them with a healthy respect.

<style type="text/css">
.sorangift {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#9a9a8d; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v469/ ... oran-1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #BFA1A5; outline:1px solid #000000; padding: 250px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#525662; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #;letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
wc: 730
[/html]
[html]http://static.desktopnexus.com/thumbnai ... mbnail.jpg); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-color: black
[/html]

(thank you! ^^ and i'm sure you could code something brilliant!)

Kota heaved a sigh as she questioned him about his hate of bears and with a heavy look about him now he turned his gaze to the older but none-the-less beautiful or able female and spoke "i had a run in with a bear once...i was still a pup and i guess it figured i would be an easy meal...it tossed me around and clawed me up-" he shuddered with the memory "-and had almost killed me by the time the pack warriors had arrived and drove the bear away....i had seven broken ribs, my arm and leg were broken and out of socket...i had several concussions and i was bleeding heavily from several open gashs...most of them healed with no sign but i still carry a few outward scars and a huge inward scar" he looked off in the direction the bear had taken.

He stood there for a bit watching the direction before turning his gaze back to Soran "my hate is not of anger but fear" he shudders again then looks back in the bears leaving direction before starting to walk again. Kota sighed again "not that it matters but are there any females in this pack about my age?" he could feel himself becoming embarrassed at asking such a question and what it might imply but what he really wanted was a family of his own, something he knew he could and would die for.

Not saying he wouldn't die for his home or his pack but thats a different story; for them he would give his life but for his family he would not give up the fight till the very end no matter if he had the energy to keep going or not "do you have any family?" he wondered if she would feel the same as he about her family.

[html]
[/html]
WC: 322
[html]
I am a little fail at coding I will admit XD And sorry for the wait on this, the last week has been hectic with the show.

The sable female visibly relaxed as the bear disappeared out of sight, it was a good thing that it had gone, she did not want there to be any fighting or bloodshed on the pack lands, especially with the current situation, with the war. A fight between the pair of wolves and the bear would have been unnecessary and potentially very costly to the wolves, costly in the sense that they could be injured seriously or that the wolves could lose their lives and the pack would lose members and allies. It would have been a painful and dangerous mission, it was a good thing that the bear seemed to realise that it had trespassed and left before any trouble was caused. The dark pelted female turned her attention back to Kota as he spoke, listening carefully as he explained why he hated bears, explaining that as a child he had been savaged by one, that he had been attacked, most likely by a hungry bear that had broken bones and clawed him mercilessly. The dark female's ears drooped a little with sadness for him, it sounded like it had been quite the ordeal for him, she could scarcely imagine the terror that would have come with such an attack; her father had attempted to attack her numerous times when she had been young, but she had never been on her own and had been protected for the most part, also he had not been the size of a bear, although he had been a huge male. Soran could not scale up the fear and pain in her head, to be attacked by something of that size; at least when she had been attacked by her father she had had something of a chance to fight back, to hurt him at least. A pup fighting against a bear would not have had that chance, surely a bear would have barely felt any retaliation, shaking off any bites or scratches as being barely anything, barely being able to feel them. The ebony female could not help but feel sorry for the male, it seemed that all the wolves that came to the lands had had something terrible that had happened in their pasts.
"I am so sorry to hear that Kota, it sounds like it was a terrible ordeal to have gone through. You are very lucky that all of your injuries healed so well. Did it take you a long time to recover?" Soran asked, looking at the male with concern in her large eyes.

The sable mother nodded as the male said that his hatred was not from anger but from fear, Soran understood that, she had hated Hollow for some time, but that had been through fear, he had after all attacked her in the most savage way and she had found herself unable to defend herself, it had been a long time before her hatred had changed and become born of anger.
"I know what you mean Kota, it's such a shame that it happened to you." The sable female replied, her hand reaching up to brush her mane from her eyes.The male then asked if there were any females that were close to his own age in the pack. It seemed that the male was thinking about starting a family potentially, the sable female understood this as well, after all he was of about the right age to be considering settling down and starting a family, especially as he had just joined a pack, this was the right sort of time for him to think about finding a female and potentially having pups. The dark female smiled and nodded.
"There are some females that might be of your own age in this pack, are you considering starting a family then Kota?" Soran asked, her lips curling into a smile, she was fond of the male already, she could see him being a good father and mate to someone. The male then asked if she had any family and the sable female let out a soft chuckle, her mind wandering over her children, grandchildren and great grandchildren; there were plenty of them to think about after all.
"I have a lot of family actually, no brothers or sisters or the like. But my granddaughter is a member of this pack, my grandson, his mate and his children live in Cour des Miracles, it is a pack that is just to the north of here. Other than that my children seem to be travelling the lands, I have not seen them for a long time. I miss them. How about you, any siblings?" Soran asked, she was enjoying this walk and talk with the dark male.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
wc: 788
[/html]
[/html]
OOC: sorry i haven't posted in awhile, with both the holidays and the fact that i lost the link for awhile its been hectic and i just found the link lastnight

Kota watched the female as she spoke of how it must have been for him and he only nodded before turning his gaze to the ground before them, it had indeed been a very bad experience for him and for weeks after he had healed he had refused to leave the den. When she spoke of knowing what he meant he wondered what had happend to her but he decided that may be a subject better left alone for now for he didn't know if she was willing to be as open as he had been. A smile spread over his maw when she confirmed that there were females of his age in the pack then he laughed at her question "actually yes...i want a mate and a family of my own" he gives her a rather crooked smile.

The dark male looked back at her when she spoke of her family and found it rather hard to believe that this beautiful female could possibly be old enough to have great grandchildren already. His smile faded when she asked about siblings "i'm not sure...i mean i did when the pack broke apart but i don't know if they are still alive any longer" he looked back at her again. Wanting to change the subject he spoke again of the females "would you happen to know one?...maybe introduce me?" he sounded hopefull, maybe he was shy around females? maybe he just didn't know how to start up a conversation with one.

[html]
[/html]