Puppy questions?
Please answer only if you know what the official answer is. I want a clear answer, no opinions or random thoughts.

Now when it's both parents being able to apply for the puppies(meaning that both are over 6 months on the site) is the total amount of posts (say we are going for three Puppies, meaning 15 posts per two weeks) would be split in half right? Meaning that mom has to do about 8 posts every two weeks as well as dad having to do 8 posts every two weeks to get a total of 15 posts cumulatively? Is this right?

I also assume that for four puppies it would be 20 posts per two weeks, split in half meaning that mom would have to do 10 posts every two weeks and the same with dad? If this isn't right then please tell me how this works. I'm still new to the whole puppies system (I believe I was lucky to get mars and krystalle) and I'm just trying to figure out how it all works.

I also would like to say (if it has any relevancy) that what if the circumstances provided that one parent would be providing one puppy point while the other would be providing 3. Would this matter? Are the posts per point spent or per puppy?
We consider each parent individually, rather than together, so it's more we see how many puppies each parent is qualified for, and if there are multiple ways to partition the points, we'll let you know.

For example, if a couple wanted three puppies and indicate that they want 1 to come from mom's points and 2 to come from dad's, we'll keep that in mind, but if when reviewing activity, we find that mom is qualified for up to 3, while dad is only qualified for 1 at best, we'll let them know that they can either do 1+1 or 2+1, rather than their original 1+2, for mom and dad respectively. If both parents are qualified for say, 3 puppies each, and the couple only wants 3 total, then the parents are free to partition it how they want and let us know.

As for individual post counts, those numbers are about right. A single character posting 10 posts/2 weeks over a period of 6-7 weeks would probably have no trouble getting 2-3 puppies. Keep in mind that we do also take post length/quality into consideration, so 10 posts/2 weeks @ 300 words each may be worth the same as 7 posts/2 weeks @ 500 words each, etc.
how about four puppies? is it the same for that? I know that i read something about there being a special consideration for four puppies.
The special consideration for four puppies is if a single player wanted/needed four puppy allotment points for the year -- this was added specifically for players with a lot of characters.

There's nothing special about a couple wanting four puppies between the two of them. Smile
Okay, along the lines of the post counts thing. What if each post it varies? In just a single thread I can have 300+ posts, 500+ posts, and 700+ posts. I never go below 300 words but I can range between 300 and 700. Do you average it out or just what there is more of being looked at?

Also, what if it is specified the number that wants to be tried for would the 'SA then say hey, with your counts this is the max you'll be able to do and so have the request altered accordingly? Like say trying for 3 but then only managing counts enough for 2.
Also at the date of conception does a father need to be 1.5 years or can he be like 1.4 and be turning 1.5 within a week or so?
300 words is fine. We're just concerned with posts that are consistently 100-180 words and thereabouts. If you consistently make short posts that are mostly choppy dialogue, it won't reflect too well because we'll look at that and think you're just churning out posts. (Where's the soul?!)

And I'm not sure what you're asking in your second paragraph, sorry. If you request 3 from Tammi and 1 from James and the 'SA says Tammi can have 1 and James can have 2, then there's no penalty -- you just have the puppy points re-allocated that way. If you choose, you can instead ask to have fewer, eg: James provides 1 and Tammi provides 1. But if we look at the numbers and think one parent was more active than you guys thought, then we'll let you know. You then respond to that and tell what what your concrete plan is and we approve that.
Okay keeping what Tammi just said in mind what are the requirements for people who want a fourth puppy allotment point?
@Syl,

Don't worry too much about post counts. Like Tammi said, we're mostly concerned about very short posts that make it seem like the parent(s) are just churning out posts to meet a post count number, etc. We just want you to know that we do take other factors into consideration and not just straight-up post count. Smile

We'll always let you know if you're qualified for less than you ask for, and it will be up to you what you want to do with that information. If you ask for 4 and only get approved for 2, then that's that. Your initial request doesn't need to be altered or anything, we'll just let you know that you can only have 2 instead of 4. :o

@J,

Personally, I don't think a week is a big deal here, as sexual maturity isn't exact an on/off switch. If it becomes an issue with people abusing the leniency to 2 weeks then 3 weeks then a month though, then the SA may decide to be more strict about this, so if it's not a big issue in timing, then it is always best to go on the side of exactly meeting the requirements.
At this time there are no exact, hardline requirements for those seeking a fourth puppy allotment point. It will probably be judged on a case-by-case basis until we have more of a precedent established.
You don't have to worry about under 300. Kiri was saying that post counts are factored in and so higher post counts means the lesser number of posts needed. But what I'm asking is what if they vary and there is never a consistent amount but range between 300 and 700 between each posting period, how is that measured out? Cause it was said 10 300 posts and 7 500 posts and the such. With me each post is different so will that be reflected or is there an average number of needed posts for a fluctuating count? *seriously stresses counts and keeps my own counts so would feel better in knowing what number to try for*

And with the 2nd part I meant that being within one person. Like the way it is now I'd be giving 3 and J be giving 1 (cause that is all he has and means points can't be allocated) so within my own alone if I don't make 3 would I be able to submit however many I make and J still use his 1 since it can't go any other way.
Also note that the fourth puppy allotment could be used by someone like you, J, but we developed this in mind so that someone could have three litters if they have five characters (as you do), less so that they could have a five- or six-puppy litter for one character. Smile
Sorry, didn't see Kiri had already posted when I was looking to clarify. But yes, I'm the one that is stressing this stuff cause I like to know for certainty when I make requests that I have enough posts to do what I'm requesting. So I'm the one that likes numbers to aim for just because of that. *is hard on myself about counts* I felt awful over those 8 ones and yes, I've been told that together they amount over a post a day for the period but I'm more along the lines of each and every character must have near about a post a day for the entire period or else the numbers aren't really that good and so wouldn't be surprised to be denied. I never take consistency and word counts into consideration but only the number of posts I actually do.
The numbers I gave 10x 300 word posts VS 7x 500 word posts were just examples and not an exact formula for comparison, though if your posts are fluctuating between 300 and 500, then pegging an average of 8-9 posts/2 weeks should be fine. And aww, I wouldn't be so hard on yourself. ;3; If you're making like a post a day for the character contributing points, then I think you should be gold. x_x