[J]oining Blind
Blind was tired. She had been wandering for many moons now, cold and alone. She had seen very few creatures along her journey, or at least very few that looked like her. Where were all of the wolves that her mother had once told her lived around these parts? Had she wandered too far? She was tired of not having anyone to talk to…tired of not having a home.
A light breeze drifted past Blind, ruffling her dark fur and sending a chill tearing through her body. How long had she been walking today? She didn’t know, but her aching legs were telling her it was time to rest. No, just a bit farther, she thought. I have to at least find a tree to rest under, it looks like it’s going to rain.
Pushing herself one more mile, she found a small tree and curled up in the shade of its branches. Her eyelids grew heavy, exhaustion fighting her will to stay awake and alert, when suddenly a unique smell caught in the wind demanded her attention. This was a smell she hadn’t encountered in a very long time. This was the smell of another wolf. Her ears perked as another breeze pushed her to her feet – not just one wolf, a pack!
Lifting her nose into the air, her heart began to race as she took a step forward. She wanted so badly to investigate, but she knew better than to just go trotting around the borders of a strange pack’s territory. The wind whistled in her attentive ears, telling her to go…GO!
Bolting forward, Blind ran in the direction of the smell, ignoring the growing pain in her offset hip. When she knew she had reached the pack’s borderline, she stopped. Don’t take another step forward, her mother’s voice echoed in Blind’s mind. Every wolf knows that trespassing is a no-no. Remembering what her mother told her to do next, she lifted her snout into the air and let out the loudest and longest howl she could muster. Then, lowering slightly to the ground and tucking her tail between her legs, she waited.
[html]
Hello there! Welcome to 'Souls, I'm Maddi Smile

The weather was unpleasant today, it seemed that the sudden arrival of autumn had turned the weather. The wind was cool and it appeared that rain was not far off. The sable female was sitting beneath a tree, relaxing, she knew that she would have to go inside soon enough, but for the moment she was simply enjoying herself, she was delighted that her children had arrived here whilst she had been away in Anathema. It had been a wonderful surprise to come home to, discovering the pair of them curled up on her bed, she had been overjoyed to see them, throwing down her canvas satchel and pulling them both into a warm hug, it had been too long since she had seen her sable daughters, they had chosen to stay in the old pack when she had decided that she would come home to Crimson Dreams. Here she felt that she had a purpose, that she was needed, she felt that she was important here and not just the Alphess' mate as she had been in the older pack, her children had seemed to be content there though and she had accepted it when they had chosen to stay, but now her daughters had decided to come and live with her, it was wonderful, perhaps this was a good sign. Perhaps this was the start of good things happening, perhaps her other children would come to these lands as well, maybe they could form a family once again, she missed them all so very much, she even missed Haven, even though he was only across the lands in another pack. With the current war the female was always on edge, it had made her appreciate her family far more than she had done in the past, she missed them, she simply wanted them close to her, to know that they were safe within the lands, that they were not in any danger from the Aniwayan menace.

Soran's thoughts were interrupted by the sound of a loud howl that called across the lands, she raised her dark head and gazed in the direction that the howl had come from, her velvet ears turning to listen to the call, the silver hoops in the tip of her left ear glinting as the light caught them. She rose slowly, her long legs stretching out, her green eyes narrowed, she was unsure whether or not this wolf would be friend or foe, with the current war she could not help but to be a little cautious when going to greet newcomers. Once she had finished stretching she took off towards the howl, in her lupus form, something that was not usual for her, she padded across the lands quickly, her long legs taking her to the source of the howl. She reached the border soon enough and gazed at the female, her green eyes assessing her. Even though she was usually a kindly, welcoming wolf she fluffed up her fur to make herself look bigger and flattened her ears against her skull, her eyes narrowing, she could not allow herself to trust anyone, this might be an Aniwayan trick after all. Although she was almost certain that this wolf was a newcomer, she could not catch any scent but her own from her, she could not afford to be trusting, her leader had been lost to the other pack, kidnapped, she could not allow such a terrible thing to happen again.
Who are you? State your business. The sable female spoke, watching the female closely, her tone not as cold as she had intended it to be, her softer nature being unable to see this girl as being anyone but a lost girl who needed a home. Still she would have to wait and see.

<style type="text/css">
.freebsep43 b {font-weight:bold; color:#ffffff; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.1em #000000; }
.freebsep43 p {text-indent:0px; padding:6px 16px; margin:0px;}
.freebsep43 {margin:0 auto; width:505px; background-color:#06132b; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/YaPWo.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #ffffff; padding: 130px 0px 8px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#8690b0; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #000000; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.5px; text-align:justify;}
.freebsep43 p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.freebsep43 p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
WC: 633
Table by the fabulous Alli

[/html]
Blind’s anxiety climbed as the minutes passed, seeming like hours. ‘Be patient,’ she mentally reminded herself, ‘and don’t forget what you’ve been taught.’ The tip of her tail twitched beneath her belly, and soon her hip bothered her to the point of needing to shift her weight. Would anyone come to greet her? Would they be friendly if they did come? Would they attack her? The thought of having to fight made Blind sick to her stomach – she could hunt, but she was too weak to defend herself.

Blind tried to stay positive. The thought of new friends made her heart skip a beat; they could be just beyond those trees! She nestled close to the ground, listening to every noise around her and honing in on every smell. Then, suddenly, a new noise and a new smell yanked her to her feet. Her ears perked and her nose stayed pointed toward the disturbance, her heart threatening to tear out of her chest. When the dark female emerged from the shadows, Blind’s eyes widened – she had never seen a wolf like this before: the piercing green eyes, the silver rings…it was fascinating.

Catching herself, Blind immediately dropped to the ground, flattened her ears, and tucked her tail again. She lowered her gaze to the ground, her view suddenly filled with a set of powerful paws. Blind’s excitement quickly transformed to fear, realizing that if she DID have to fight, she wouldn’t stand a chance against this stranger.

The female greeted her sharply, the words tangling together in Blind’s mind. She stood still. ‘Say something!’ squeaked Blind’s subconscious.

Keeping her eyes on the female’s paws, Blind cleared her throat in a feeble attempt to muster some courage. Finally, finding her voice, she said, “My name’s Blind. I am no threat to you or your pack; I only come seeking a home of my own, and maybe some answers.”

Blind replayed her words in her mind; she supposed it was a suitable response. She was surprised by the sound of her own voice, for she’d been alone for so long that she hadn’t heard it – there was no need to talk to herself. But she couldn’t get distracted right now. This could be the alphess, after all, and she couldn’t afford to look spacey in front of a leader.
[html]
Sorry if Soran's a bit mean at the moment, she's all tense, she's a big softie usually though XD

The sable female assessed the younger girl with her eyes as they stood there, she had a similar pelt colour to her own, with eyes that reminded her of her former mate. Her former mate had had one blue eye and one yellow eye, as had her sons, she wondered for a moment if this was one of Deuce's children, she knew from speaking to her pale lover that she had had other children outside of these lands, perhaps this girl was her child, coming home as Soran's own children had done? The ebony Patrician looked down tat the nervous stance of the girl, she had seen wolves submit before but had never seen it to such an extreme, she herself had never submitted at the borders when hoping to join, but that was more circumstance than her lack of manners, when joining her first pack, Syemv, she had been badly injured and losing blood, she had been as submissive with her words as she could be, but could not manage any movements for fear she might collapse. And then when she had arrived here her son had been the Alpha, there had been no question to her joining, he had simply offered her a home, she had not had to ask, upon returning here recently she had returned as an old friend, the Consul remembering her from all that time ago, there had been warm words and hugs rather than submission and asking to come home. Soran's icy disposition was melted a little by this younger girl, she seemed very polite and as she spoke the sable female nodded. It suddenly occured to her that this might be an Aniwayan trick, some ploy to infiltrate the lands, but surely they would not send someone who appeared so exhausted? Then again this could be a part of the ploy, to send in someone who seemed to be no danger whatsoever, who would let the guardians in in the depths of the night.

The sable female lowered her head so that her face would be in the eyeline of the submissive girl, who she now knew was named Blind, her scarred face was far softer than it had been when she had first greeted the girl.
I see, so your name is Blind? How can I tell that you are not an Aniwayan spy? I know... swear to me on all that you hold dear that you have not come from those wolves to infiltrate the pack. The sable female replied, her voice stern once again, she believed the girl's story that she was simply looking for a home, but she would never forgive herself if she allowed this girl into the lands only to find that she committed some horrible act against it, perhaps kidnapping another child, no she could never forgive herself if that happened. This was the best way she thought that she could test the girl, the Aniwayan wolves were superstitious and would never swear on all they would hold dear if they were lying, they believed that all their loved ones would die shoud they do that. At least that was Soran's understanding of their strange beliefs, yes, she was sure that this would give her the answer as to whether or not to trust this young girl. Slowly she sat down, curling her tail around her side, watching the girl still, her muscles tensed under her fur, making sure that she would be ready to attack the girl if she gave an answer that might suggest that she was an Aniwayan spy; she would not tolerate an Aniwayan wolf this close to the lands, neither would their Alphess, nor most of the wolves who lived here.

<style type="text/css">
.freebsep43 b {font-weight:bold; color:#ffffff; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.1em #000000; }
.freebsep43 {margin:0 auto; width:505px; background-color:#06132b; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/YaPWo.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #ffffff; padding: 130px 0px 8px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#8690b0; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #000000; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
WC: 621

[/html]
A flicker of the stranger’s green eyes caught Blind’s attention, her warm expression allowing Blind to relax ever so slightly and lift her gaze just a bit. A fraction of faith warranted Blind to wonder if maybe this wolf was friendly, and that, if she behaved herself, she might make an acquaintance at the very least.

Blind could tell by the experience in the wolf’s voice and disposition that she was younger than this female. Adults were all Blind had ever come into contact with – in fact, her parents were the only other canines she had come into contact with period – and the momentary motherly nature of this woman made her feel slightly comforted. But who were these Aniwayans she spoke of so nervously? A rival pack perhaps? Creatures not like them at all? Either way, Blind figured it best to prove her innocence as the she-wolf requested.

“I cannot swear on all I hold dear because I have lost it not long ago,” Blind began. “My mother starved to death in an attempt to fend for me, my father left us when I was young and I’m not sure if he’s even still alive, and my siblings lives were ended not long after their birth. But, if they were still here, I would swear on them all. I mean you and your family no harm, and I have not belonged to much more than myself as of late. If I step out of place at all I give you permission to do with me as you see fit.”

Blind’s words shocked even herself, for they sounded more like something her mother would say than what she would. Because of that, Blind knew her mother was watching over her.

A small gust of wind ruffled Blind’s fur as if reassuring her of her thoughts, and her heart slowed its frantic pace. A faint and inexplicable determination to prove her worth to this wolf began to rise in Blind’s chest; if given the chance, she would show this wise female that she could be an asset to her pack, and perhaps in turn she might gain a new guardian.

Blind’s nose twitched in an attempt to conceal a shake of her head. ‘Don’t be ridiculous,’ she thought to herself, ‘creatures have much better things to be doing than mothering you.’
[html]

The sable wolf's ears turned to listen to the female speak, she nodded as she spoke. For a moment her ears drooped at the girl's tale, it seemed that she had had so much sorrow in her life, Soran could indeed relate to that, she had lost her mother at birth, her father had murdered her, and then he had tried to kill her as well, luckily Becca, a pale mother wolf had taken her in, but he had killed her as well in time, along with her adoptive brother, oh yes the dark patrician knew of loss, perhaps more than most. The ice around her heart melted as the female spoke, being replaced by a friendly motherly feeling, as the girl finished the female's face visibly changed, changing from its cold expression to a much warmer one, her eyes gaining their usual friendly light. A smile graced her lips as she looked at the female now, relaxing, her fur returning to its usual place, her ears shifting back to a relaxed position.
I believe you Blind, you speak with such honesty. I apologise for my earlier caution, we are currently at war with a pack named Aniwaya, they came into our lands at night and kidnapped a pup, and one of our leaders, we have managed to get the pup, Fia back here, back home, but our leader is still there. We are all a little on edge at the moment, please forgive me for suspecting you, it is simply that we cannot be too careful, I hope you understand. Soran replied, her tone now a lot more warm than it had been, in fact it was welcoming and inviting.
Right, well for starters my name is Soran, Soran Aatte. I am a Patrician in this pack, this means that although I may greet you here at the borders I am not permitted to say whether or not you may join us, so to save us some time I thought perhaps I would ask you a few questions and then I can call for our Consul, Savina to make her judgement. She is usually a very welcoming wolf, but of course she is terribly busy at the moment with having to run the pack alone. So if I ask you the necessary questions then we can make this a lot quicker and perhaps have you welcomed before it starts to rain. The female added, bowing a little when she introduced herself and looking up at the grey sky with narrowed eyes for a moment, it might rain fairly soon, she did not want to leave the younger girl out in the cold and the rain.

She looked at the girl in her submissive posture, she thought for a moment that she could not possibly be comfortable, she stood for a moment, stretching out her lithe legs.
You do not need to be so submissive with me, I am not a wolf who expects such things, though Savina might expect a dropped gaze and submission, but for the meantime make yourself comfortable. The sable female added, taking her own advice and sitting down again, curling her long dark tail around her feet and smiling down at the other female.
So Blind, tell me of your skills, what can you bring to this pack? Are you a huntress for example? Soran asked, hoping that this girl did indeed have skills that would make her useful to the pack, she was already fond of her, she felt a connection to the girl, her past alone making the dark female feel that she deserved a safe and stable home. She was warming to the girl indeed and in fact if the girl wanted it, she would indeed find herself a friend in Soran with very little effort, the female watched the girl for a moment and a sudden thought occured to her.
We are mostly Luperci here, obviously this is not a requirement to join the pack, but out of curiosity, are you one? The lady asked with a slight curious tone in her voice, she shifted her weight slightly, moving so that she was sat far more comfortably.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
WC: 696

[/html]
Blind relaxed at the woman’s words and eventually lifted her head to meet her gaze. The smile on Soran’s face tugged a sheepish smile across Blind’s own lips, the relief of not having to lean on her leg anymore flooding her hind-quarters.

“No offense was taken, Soran,” Blind said. “I understand that war might be stressful, at the very least.”
Wondering what might provoke such feelings in another creature to lead them to kidnapping, Blind felt remorse for Soran’s losses. “I can’t imagine what it might be like having to live in worry that your friends and family might be taken right out from under your snout,” she said, looking at her paws sadly.

The young she-wolf’s nerves suddenly climbed again at the thought of having to endure a second meeting, not to mention waiting in the rain. Blind hated the feeling of wet, matted fur, and the way the cold made her hip ache. But she had to endure if she didn’t want to spend another night without shelter.

Blind mulled over the rest of the she-wolf’s words in her mind, and then, like a confused pup tilted her head to one side. “Luperci,” she repeated. She remembered the stories her mother used to tell her about the wolves who could stand on two legs, and how intrigued she had been by this concept. Every so often, when her mother wasn’t looking, Blind would try to stand on her hind legs. After many bruises and sprained ankles, however, she was convinced that walking like a human was not a talent she possessed.

Blind chuckled at the memories. “No, I am a wolf through and through. One of my hind legs is shorter than the other, making it difficult for me to even walk on my fours at times because of the pain in my offset hip. This also makes it hard for me to hunt large or slippery game like elk and fish.”

Blind’s ears flattened again, though only slightly, due to her embarrassment. They then perked right up again, her tail wagging proudly, as she said, “But I can hunt rabbit pretty well! I love the way they taste, so sometimes I ignore the pain just to catch one.”

Crouching low to the ground in a stalking position, Blind licked her lips hungrily, her tail wagging madly now. She then looked up at Soran, her tail slowing to a lazy flop as she silently hoped that she would find this as exciting as Blind did.
[html]

The large sable lady smiled at the female and nodded as she replied, glad that the younger girl had not taken offence to her earlier actions, she could not help it, with the turmoil within the lands it was dangerous to trust any stranger, she had greeted Nakota at the borders with a knife in her hand. She did not want it to be this way but unfortunately it was simply the way of the world now, the way they had to live for the time being, hopefully peace would come soon, but the ebony Patrician could not help but worry that there was no dawn to come after the darkness that had fallen across the lands. She listened as the female spoke, shaking her head sadly as the girl made it clear that she understood the pack's current plight.
Yes, it was terrible, they used to be good wolves, but they have a new leader who seems to be bloodthirsty and power mad, we offered two of his pack members safe haven here as he was persecuting them, I believe they had come to capture them, to return them back home. But as they could not find them they took little Fia and Anu, our leader, seeing them as good bargaining chips it would seem. Fia is my former mate's granddaughter, her father was injured in the raid, I was terribly worried for both of them, and as for Anu, she raised my grandchildren, it is awful not having her here. As I said I am sorry for treating you the way I did, but I cannot afford to lose anyone else who is close to my heart, it would be a terrible blow to the pack as well. The sable female replied, her ears flattening against her skull once again at the thought of the raid, she had been too late to save Anu that day, the leader had already been on a canoe and unconcious, now the dark female wished that she had attempted to make the leap from the bank, but she could not guarentee that Anu would not have slipped into the water and drowned, she wished that she was home. The sable female could not help but feel horrendously guilty.

The female listened as the female replied, so she was a simple wolf was she? Well there was nothing wrong with that in the lady's green eyes, sometimes a lupus form was a lot more useful than the Optime form, though in some cases having hands became very useful, Soran would be unable to cope without her hands, she was too avid a reader, a writer and a flautist to not use her hands. Usually she was in her Optime form, standing tall at almost seven feet, her mane was long and was rather wavy and curled, she enjoyed her bipedal form greatly. The younger girl mentioned that she could not hunt certain game because of her hip, the sable female nodded slowly, taking in the information, hoping that Savina would not see this as a mark against the girl when she arrived to assess her.
If you wished to become a Luperci and walk in bipedal form I am sure that we would be able to help you. It requires an exchange of blood I believe, we could make a small cut on your paw and then give you one of our blood. Only if you wish to of course, we shall not force you to, far from it, we will be more than happy to allow you to stay as you are now. The dark female replied, smiling at the girl, trying to make sure that her tone did not sound like they were expecting this of her, the female simply thought that perhaps if her hip hurt her in a four legged form that she might find a bipedal form much easier to move around in. Blind then began a bouncy display of herself hunting rabbits and the lady's maw parted as she let out a small laugh.
Yes, I am sure that you are a rather good rabbit hunter if that is anything to go by. You'll be very welcome by my standards, I'm rather partial to rabbit myself. She replied with a chuckle, her dark tail wagging as she looked at the girl.
How about other skills? Can you read? Sing? Anything else that we might find useful? The lady asked, keen to keep the conversation quick as to finish before the rain set in.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
WC: 756

[/html]
A look of surprise took over Blind’s face. “You’re a grandmother?” she asked, her eyes wide. She then realized how awful her question sounded and she quickly added, “I mean, you seemed as though you couldn’t be much older than my own mother.”

Blind looked the sable female over, still unconvinced. And, noticing the large scar that adorned her face, she wondered if she might hear the story behind it someday.

Taking in Soran’s words, Blind thought about what it might be like to walk and use her paws for more than just digging or catching prey; it would be interesting, if nothing else. But Blind wondered if, for some reason, she didn’t like being Luperci, she might be stuck that way.

“Maybe you can tell me more about being Luperci and then I can decide?” Blind offered. The thought of Soran’s lessons made Blind wonder what she looked like in her shifted form.

Blind then thought about her leg; there was no telling what the change might do to it. On the one hand, it could make life a lot easier. On the other, it could cause even more pain than she had to deal with now. She shuddered at the thought of being crippled even further.

When Soran lowered to the ground to match Blind’s moves, a goofy grin spread across her dark muzzle. She yipped playfully and wagged her tail again, trying to suppress her childish urge to pounce. Deprived of the chance to mock-fight with her siblings, she wondered if she might have been more skilled at fighting if she had learned. But this was an adult – who seemed to approve of her, for that matter – and she wasn’t about to ruin her impression.

The question of other talents pulled Blind into a pensive, sitting position. All she had really ever needed to know how to do was hunt and, on occasion, swim. She rifled through every memory she could recall, trying to withdraw an instance where a hidden skill had revealed itself. Blind’s eyes suddenly brightened as she began to recount a day at the lake when her mother was particularly upset, and Blind had been able to calm her.

“So, I guess you could say I have some counseling experience of sorts,” Blind concluded. “My mom always told me I was smarter than most wolves my age.”
[html]

Feel free to add Leader needed to your title now, you do that by clicking edit on your first post and it will let you edit the title Smile Erin seems to have been a little busy at the moment, so we'll just continue and she'll no doubt jump in whenever she's ready Smile WC: 742

The sable lady chuckled as the girl looked at her with wide eyes, her voice shocked as she commented on her being a grandmother, Soran was not at all offended by this, in fact many of the wolves she met were shocked when she told them that she had grandchildren. In fact she was a little flattered that wolves considered her to look young enough not to be a grandmother. She smiled at the younger girl.
"I am a great grandmother actually, my grandson Haven lives in Cour Des Miracles and he has had a litter of pups whilst I have been away. I had my eldest son early you see and he in turn had a litter when he was fairly young. All in all I have seven children, four grandchildren and I believe three great grandchildren." The dark lady replied honestly, laughing as she spoke this, she felt old when she mentioned this, but also she felt a great sense of pride, her father had deemed her as a terrible blight on the land, he had tried to eradicate her very existance, by living and having her own children she had defied him, she had beaten him, her children had gone out and had yet more children, it was wonderful to her, she had a family, a proper family, unlike anything she had had when she herself had been a pup. It was true that her adoptive mother had tried to raise her as best as she could, but her adoptive siblings had followed her father's mad idea that she was evil due to her pelt colour and had shunned her and been cruel, all except for Iikka, but both he and Becca were gone now, slain by her father. She had had a terible childhood when she looked back on it, she was pleased that her own offspring had had a much happier young life. The female looked at the younger girl, noticing that her gaze fell to her scar, she smiled at the girl, she was unphased by her staring at her scar, the dark female was more than used to it by now, it was right across her face after all, many wolves found it interesting, but none seemed to have ever gained the nerve to ask about it before, save for her former mates.
"You're looking at my scar, I shall tell you the story of it sometime." The female said with a smile, she meant what she had said as well, but she would tell her of it some other time, it was not appropriate conversation when they were first meeting.

The female laughed as the girl began almost pouncing at her, seeming very playful. She could not help but allow it to bring a soft smile to her face as she laughed at the younger girl, bouncing back at her as well. The girl asked about being a Luperci and the female nodded, happily agreeing that she would answer any questions that she might have about being a Luperci.
"Yes, I am happy to speak about being a Luperci, it is not a bad life, usually once the blood is exchanged it usually takes about two weeks to take effect, then what will happen is you will change, you will become a bipedal wolf, it is an awkward change at first, but then it becomes easier over time, you would not be stuck in one form if that was what you were worried about. Tell me Blind, what more do you wish to know about it?" She asked, a warm smile on her lips still. The female then suggested that she might have a good talent for being a councellor, the sable female nodded as she spoke, suggesting with her body language that she thought that this was a good trait to have.
"Well that does indeed sound a helpful trait to have, I shall call for our leader now, she might expect you to be a little submissive, I am sure that she will like you though." She said, with something that she hoped with a comforting smile. The sable female raised her dark head, opening her maw she let out a long, loud call for Savina to come to the borders and meet the newcomer.
"There, I doubt that she will be long, perhaps we should talk whilst we wait for her." The female said, sitting back down again, making herself comfortable.

<style type="text/css"> .sa b {font-weight:bold; color:#55494c; letter-spacing:1px; } .sa .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color: #275a5f;} .sa p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;} .sa {margin:0px auto; width:381px; background-color:#e7dedf; background-image:url(http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae20 ... soran1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 430px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} </style>
[/html]
Okay, great! Thank you! Smile WC: 613

--
Blind was surprised at how well Soran took her childish play, and for a moment she wondered if her mother had directed her to this woman in order for her to learn what she couldn’t as a child. Blind toppled onto her back, exposing her dark belly, and stared at the greying sky; she could relax now.

“I think you’re toying with me,” Blind said with a wink, “you can’t possibly be a GREAT grandmother. How old are you exactly?” The young she-wolf immediately scolded herself and reformed her response again: “That is, if you don’t mind me asking.”

Surveying Soran’s calm demeanor led Blind to letting her guard down, and she nearly forgot about the stress of meeting the alphess. As far as she was concerned, she had found a friend, and that was good enough for her. The promise of a future story meant that maybe she didn’t have to worry about losing this new friend either, and this made Blind feel safe.

Talk of Luperci made the young wolf’s imagination run away with itself; she thought of walking, doing things with her hands, and learning to do the things that Soran and the other Luperci knew how to do. However, she was still unsure. She enjoyed being a wolf, born and raised, and she feared that if she changed, she might upset nature’s purpose for her and, of course, her mother’s spirit.

Blind failed to realize how much she missed her mother at times. Some moments were harder than others, and being in the presence of a wolf with motherly experience tugged at a few of Blind’s heartstrings. She wondered what her mother would say if she knew she were trying to join a pack. Rhia had always been so adamantly against pack life that she forbade Blind from even associating with pups born in them. She didn’t understand it when she was younger, but as she aged, she came to know of her mother’s stubborn independence. However, Blind knew she wouldn’t survive without a home much longer. Though her heart was strong, her body was not, and she feared another prey-scarce winter would mean the end of her young life.

When Soran asked specifically what Blind wanted to know, her mind drew a blank. Explanations were nice, but Blind secretly wished that she could see Soran in her Optime form, just to ease her curiosity. Finally the young wolf said, “I suppose there’s nothing too specific that I wish to know about the Luperci…” As she trailed off, she looked away shyly.

As Soran mentioned calling the alphess and then lifted her head to do so, Blind watched intently. And as she expressed to Blind that her talents might be needed in the pack, she felt a pang of excitement flood through her. The she-wolf then said she would like to stick around to talk, and Blind smiled a little.

“I would be okay with that,” she said humbly. However, inside Blind was overjoyed. Not only did she enjoy the company, but she very much liked talking with Soran.

Suddenly a thought surfaced in Blind’s mind, causing her to turn onto her side to face the dark female.
“Soran,” she said, the feel of the she-wolf’s name on her tongue sending a strange spark through her body, “If I did want to become Luperci, would YOU be able to change me?”

A crack of thunder in the distance made Blind jump, a shriek escaping her lips as she hid her face beneath her paws. Her hindquarters stuck straight in the air while her tail tucked between her legs, and her frail frame shook slightly. Oh, how Blind hated thunder.
[html]

No problem whatsoever Smile Welcome to Bleeding Souls Big Grin WC: 1104 Sorry I have rambled a little XD

The sable female was amused by the girl's actions, she reminded her of her own children, they had always had cheerful playful natures, well except for Dhalia, but she was a strange anomaly, too much like her father. It was nice to be around someone who seemed to be bright and carefree, with all the playfulness of youth residing within her. For a moment Soran could allow herself to feel care free and playful again, despite all that was happening in the pack, despite her eldest daughter being upset about her moving into this pack, betraying her, she had once been the Alphess of this pack, but she had committed an act so dark and dangerous that she had been banished, it made the sable female's heart ache to know that her almost daughter felt betrayed by the pack, that she had been cast out, but she had deserved it, it was not a descision that had been made lightly and now the pale girl was the leader of another pack, with another litter of pups playing about her feet, she seemed happy enough. Blind looked at her and refused to believe that she was a great grandmother, asking how old she was, Soran noticed how she checked what she had said, perhaps thinking herself rude, the sable female did not mind being asked though, she had experience with young wolves, wolves much younger than the girl that stood before her and they too had been filled with many questions, questions that could be considered far more impertinant that what this younger female had just asked. The lady let out a soft chuckle at the girl's disbelief, in all truth she was rather flattered by the young girl being unable to agree that she could indeed be a great grandmother.
"I am eight years old, only just eight years old, I suppose that I am lucky that I have not started to look too old yet, though I have noticed some silver hairs appearing." The lady replied with a chuckle, gesturing with a toss of her head to the very few flecks of silver that were beginning to appear along the scar line on her face. She was not bothered by her ageing, seeing every breath that she took as an act of defiance against her tyrranous father, and so far in eight years she had taken many breaths.

The female seemed rather interested in the idea of Luperci, seeming to trail off in her mind, perhaps thinking about the prospect of being a Luperci. Soran herself had been fascinated by the tall bipedal wolves that seemed to dominate the ranks of her old pack, she had been unable to help but stare at them, it wasn't until she had had a fight with Laruku, now long dead, that she had discovered that she herself was a Luperci, changing when she had fallen on the sharp piece of flint that she now wore around her neck on a thin leather strap, adorned with beads and feathers. Along with that she had a small silver pentagram around her neck, on a thin silver chain, a present from her former mate, the pale lady with the bi coloured eyes who had so recently returned home. She smiled at the young girl as she said that she had no specific questions about being a Luperci, she nodded slowly.
"When we are in the pack lands I shall shift and then you can see what the change is like, even for me it takes a few moments for the change to happen, around a minute I would anticipate, that is one thing about it, it will never be an instant change, no matter how long you have been a Luperci. I myself was born with this trait, but somehow I never discovered that I could change, until I fell in the old lands, I tripped and this piece of flint went straight into my hand, the sudden shock made me change, that was a very strange day I must say." She said with a small laugh, gesturing down to the flint necklace, she kept it with her always, a constant reminder of the old lands, the old days when she had been so happy. She smiled at the younger girl, she seemed far more relaxed now, laying on her back, Soran was very glad of this, she did not want this girl to feel uneasy when she was so close to being a member of the pack. The female took up her offer of sitting and talking while they waited for Savina to come.
"I am not sure what form Savina will be in, she has taken to partrolling in her Secui form, something which is another part of being a Luperci, we have three forms in fact, our regular wolf one." The female nodded down at herself, "the bipedal form and also our Secui form, it is a larger form than this, with rather prominent muscles, do not be nervous if she is in that form, she has been wary recently and is more able to defend our home in that form. She is not as scary as she seems." The female added, smiling at the girl softly.

The girl then asked if Soran herself would be able to change her into a Luperci, the sable female smiled, it was rather an honour to be asked to do something that was so life changing for someone, she was indeed rather touched by this suggestion.
"If you decide that you wish to become a Luperci I would be more than happy to be the one who changes you. I will be more than happy to help as well, if you are struggling with the change, it can be a little difficult to adjust at first, as it is with any big change in your life." The ebony Patrician replied, smiling down at the younger girl. All of a sudden there was a clap of thunder, Soran jumped slightly and folded her ears against her skull, looking up into the sky. That was nothing compared to Blind's reaction, she seemed so scared, the motherly instinct took over in Soran's mind and she padded across to the girl, giving her a gentle nudge on the shoulder with her nose.
"Do not be scared little one, it's only thunder, it will be alright. Though it looks like it might begin to rain soon." The lady said, trying to be comforting for the younger girl, looking up at the sky again just as a flash of lightning lit the darkening sky up.

<style type="text/css"> .sa2 b {font-weight:bold; color:#a9b1bd; letter-spacing:1px; } .sa2 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color: #5c697b;} .sa2 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;} .sa2 {margin:0px auto; width:455px; background-color:#324357; background-image:url(http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae20 ... soran2.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 375px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} </style>
[/html]
((Haha no problem, you do what you gotta do Smile And thank you! Glad to be here. WC:466))
--

Watching as Soran motioned to the grey hairs in her fur, Blind felt relieved that she had not taken offense to her blunt words. She was surprised, too, that talking with Soran came a lot easier than talking with her own mother sometimes did. It came so easy, in fact, that Blind had to remind herself not to get too comfortable right away, for she had an odd tendency to be rather affectionate with those she felt comfortable with or even cared about; she remembered vividly the instances when her mother would ask her to not sit so close or not be so “snuggly,” because Rhia was quite the opposite from her daughter when it came to affection.

Blind suddenly grew excited as Soran explained how she would show her how to shift and even in forms she didn’t know existed. Talk of the alphess, too, made Blind curious as to how she would react to the stranger, and if Soran would talk her up or leave the young wolf to do her own bidding. Either way, she was anxious to do what she needed to in order to join Soran’s pack.

Admiring the older wolf’s necklace, Blind wondered if maybe she would also have memories and trinkets like her one day. The only memories she had held on to were the ones in which her mother…
Blind immediately stopped herself. ‘Really, that’s enough about Mom,’ she thought to herself. It was high time she made something of herself and stopped living in the past. She loved her mother, but sometimes she wondered if maybe she had become a little too dependent on her. She didn’t need anyone to depend on now anyway; she had gone many moons without anyone by her side, and she could do it again if she needed to…however, Blind secretly hoped she didn’t.

The young wolf smiled when Soran mentioned gladly changing her if need be. She felt comforted by the fact that this stranger had proved to be so kind and helpful, and wondered if maybe all wolves were like this instead of being as heinous and self-righteous as her mother had once made her believe. If she could form a relationship with all creatures like she had with Soran, it would make life a lot easier. “I would be grateful for your assistance Soran,” Blind said, finally deciding it might be time to stop thinking and start talking again.

When the thunder sounded and spooked Blind into hiding, she was surprised at her own reaction to Soran’s touch: she immediately tucked her head under the woman’s chin and surveyed her surroundings. Then realizing what she had done, Blind slipped out from under Soran and sat beside her, grooming her lame leg with her tongue as if nothing had happened.
[html]

Smile Have you got the hang of that posting table yet? WC: 810

The sable wolf watched the girl with interest, she seemed excited at the prospect of Soran shifting into her Optime form, for a moment the dark Patrician considered doing so, but it was something that might be a little too time consuming and she did not like the idea of having to spend the rest of the conversation on her knees so that she might be at a similar level to the girl. Soran was well mannered and polite and did not often like being at a different level to those she was speaking to, this was why she so often dropped to her knees when speaking to any of the pups in the pack lands, she did not want them to feel that they were not involved in the conversation because their parent and the wolf who was speaking to them were so high above them. It was true though that the ebony pelted lady preferred her taller form, she found it to be very useful for most things, she was a flautist and she also found that reading was made a lot easier when one had hands to hold the books with, holding down the books with one's paws and trying to turn the pages with your nose was rather difficult and fiddly. She was even finding that she could hunt in her Optime form as well now, the hunting knife that she had found was proving to be a rather good throwing weapon, so far she had managed to kill a few rabbits with it, though she did prefer her four legged form for hunting, she liked the chase, she enjoyed being able to match a rabbit's sudden movements, their sudden changes in direction, it gave her a sense of achievement when she finally caught them. She watched the dark pelted girl with interest as she was clearly lost in thought.
"Do not worry about Savina, she is a fair wolf, I am sure that she will approve of you. Would you like me to speak to her or would you prefer to speak for yourself, either is fine with me." The ebony lady offered, she did not mind speaking for the younger girl if she was shy, it might save time if she were the one to speak to the ebony Consul, but it was the girl's choice, she must speak if she wanted to, after all this was her descision, her choice to join the pack, if she wanted to be a pack member then she would have to make her own choices.

The girl had fallen quiet for a time, seeming to be lost in her own thoughts, Soran watched her with large green eyes until finally she spoke again, saying that she would be grateful for her assistance in changing, the lady nodded her dark head, again she did not mind, there was something about this younger girl that brought out the maternal side of the Patrician, she would more than happily take her under her wing, if that was what Blind wished after all.
"Do not worry about it, if you wish for any help at any time I would be more than glad to assist you." The ebony female said with a smile. She stretched out her lithe limbs, standing up. Then the clap of thunder came, Soran found herself with the smaller girl hiding beneath her, her head under the older female's chin. Agsin this was not something that Soran was unused to, when Kiwi had been much younger and smaller she had hidden completely underneath her ebony mother, standing underneath her, her back pressed against her mother's stomach, almost hidden from view completely, Soran had not minded at the time, knowing that her youngest daughter was more than a little timid and sought comfort from hiding close to her family. But she was more than glad that the girl had outgrown that now. The young girl suddenly moved, licking at her leg as if nothing had happened, Soran let out a small chuckle, lifting one of her forepaws and licking at it as she watched the girl. There was another clap of thunder and once again the female's ears folded against her dark head, she looked into the sky, the clouds were getting increasingly dark, it seemed that rain could not be far off at all. It appeared that over in the distance the rain was already beginning to fall, luckily it had yet to reach the pair that were sat by the borders.
"Do not worry about it, I am a mother you remember, I am used to being used as a hiding place." The lady spoke with a smile.
"Are you afraid of the thunder?" The older female asked the younger girl, wincing at the sudden bright flash of another fork of lightning that crossed the sky.

<style type="text/css"> .sa b {font-weight:bold; color:#55494c; letter-spacing:1px; } .sa .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color: #275a5f;} .sa p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;} .sa {margin:0px auto; width:381px; background-color:#e7dedf; background-image:url(http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae20 ... soran1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 430px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} </style>
[/html]
((No, I'm still having issues Tongue I'm hopeless at coding. But I'm determined to get it! WC: 455))
--

Considering Soran’s offer, she thought maybe it might be smarter to let this wolf introduce her to the alphess. She hoped, however, that it wouldn’t make her look like even more of a coward than she already felt. But if it did, Blind would be willing to work to earn the leader’s respect.

“You wouldn’t mind presenting me?” Blind asked the dark female. “Because, if you don’t, I think I’d like that.”
Soran’s helpful nature made Blind feel like she could do anything as long as her friend was there. She always knew her own mother supported her, but the comfort she felt with Rhia was nothing like what she felt with Soran. When Blind’s reaction to the thunder resulted in a chuckle from the she-wolf, she felt like she could let go of her worries and be herself. This was something she had not felt in a long time, if ever.

“Yes, I’m terrified of thunder,” Blind admitted in response to Soran’s question. “I don’t know why, because it can’t hurt you, not like lightening can anyway. But the noise has always scared me.”

Blind bowed her head sheepishly, heat rising in her cheeks. She wanted to be brave, to be strong and confident like Soran. She wanted to be able to overcome her weaknesses, whether physical or mental. How was she to survive if she was afraid of something as little as thunder? Blind had often thought of herself as independent, but as she sat with Soran, she came to realize that maybe it wasn’t so much independence that she exemplified as it was a tolerance for being alone.

A strange thought floated into Blind’s mind: maybe becoming Luperci really would be the answer to her problems? Soran could teach her to hunt, to walk, to work with her hands…maybe she could even teach her how to be less of a wimp.

“I want to become Luperci,” the she-wolf suddenly blurted.

Blind looked into Soran’s green eyes, trying to read her initial impression. She didn’t want to pressure the dark wolf, and she didn’t want to waste any time that could be spent finding out more about her potential home. But perhaps, if her suspicions proved true, she might be more suitable to face the alphess and really impress her. Blind then thought of her leg, and a tiny smile crept across her lips; Blind wanted to walk without pain, and she was sure that a leader would want her hunters to be able to do the same. And if she was ever to fight alongside her new friend and help win the war against their enemy, the ability to move would only be one of many things she would need to learn.
[html]

I see, anything I can help with at all? WC: 861

The jet pelted woman looked at the younger girl, she did indeed seem to be a little afraid of the thunder, when she spoke the sable female nodded, she understood, sometimes wolves would simply have a fear of something, even if it made no sense to even themselves, sometimes it just happened that way.
"It is understandable, sudden loud noises are enough to make anyone jump from time to time." Soran replied, her tone warm and motherly, there was something about this young girl that made the older female feel that she should protect her, that she should be mothering her, she did not know why, it was not her usual way to semi adopt others when she had first met them, perhaps it was because her own family seemed to be growing, Deuce's return seemed to be signaling a strange something. It seemed that her former mate's children viewed the sable female as a mother anyway, well at least Tal did, this was not a problem for the ebony pelted female, she liked the idea that her former mate's children looked upon her that way, in a different lifetime they would have been calling her mother after all, if things had not transpired as they had. In her mind all of Deuce's children were as close to her as her own, her grandchildren were known by the nickname of little one, something that she had called her own bloodline, perhaps this girl with eyes so similar to her former mate's was supposed to instill these feelings in the dark pelted female. Yes, perhaps Blind would need mothering as much as Soran felt that she should mother her, she would be happy to guide this younger girl through her life if that was what she wanted, she also felt the need to protect her as her fear for the thunder became apparent. Another roll of thunder sounded from the distance, a loud boom cracking through the sky, the sable Patrician moved closer to the younger girl instinctively, giving her a gentle nudge with her shoulder in an attempt to comfort her.
"I would not be too bothered by it Blind, many wolves have phobias, my daughter Kiwi for example seems to be terrified of everyone that she meets, she goes into hiding. She is painfully shy you see." Soran said, trying to comfort the girl, to show her that having a fear was not a problem, it did not make her weak, it made her a wolf, it was natural.

The female then thought over what Blind had said before her confession about being afraid of thunder, the sable female would be more than happy to introduce her to Savina, in fact it might save them some time and keep them free from the rain if she did so, it would mean that they could skip the lengthy questioning process at least. The sable female nodded at the younger dark girl.
"That is fine with me, it might help speed things along a little as well if I introduce you, it means that we might be able to skip some of the questions and get inside before the rain begins to fall, she may ask you some questions as well though, are you prepared if she does?" Soran asked, looking at the younger girl as they sat there. Another flash of lightning made the dark female raise her head to the sky, it seemed that the rains would be upon them soon enough, she opened her maw and let out another softer call, this time calling for Savina, but asking if all was alright, she was concerned, she knew that the sable leader was busy, but it had suddenly occurred to her that the reason she might not be here was that she was busy with something else; Soran suddenly thought of a potential fight that might be happening, surely she would have heard it though? Savina would have made a call for help if there were any problems, she was brave and powerful, but she was not stupid, the Patrician knew that she would call for back up if she needed it. Then Blind suddenly exclaimed that she wished to become a Luperci, the sable female was slightly taken aback, she had assumed that the younger girl would want more time to think about it, but still a smile touched her lips and she nodded.
"Of course, if that is what you want, I shall be more than happy to oblige, not yet though, cutting oneself with your teeth is more painful than this process needs to be, we shall go back to the house later and I shall shift, then we can use my hunting knife to do the blood exchange, it will be much quicker and far less painful that way I think." The lady replied, happy that the girl had chosen to ask her to be the one that changed her into a Luperci, it was a big, life changing move for those who had not been born as such and Soran viewed it as quite an honour to be allowed to be a part of it.

[/html]
((Yes, actually. I'm struggling with how to bold the dialogue like you do. WC:500))
--

Blind nodded; she felt a little better at the thought of being normal. “It seems like I’m always cowering though,” she said disappointedly. When Soran moved closer, Blind took it as an invitation and tucked herself under the dark wolf’s chin again. “I want to be strong,” she continued, “and fight like the wolves in the stories my mother used to tell me.” As she said this, Blind sprang forward onto her hind legs and punched her paws out as if she were boxing. She then realized this was a bad idea as she tipped over onto her side. Blushing a little, Blind rolled back onto all fours and curled up by Soran once more.

Blind listened to the dark female talk about her daughter, and she wondered if one day she might meet all of Soran’s children, grandchildren, great grandchildren…it was amazing how much family the she-wolf had when Blind had so little. When Soran then asked if Blind would be prepared to answer questions from the alphess, she thought for a moment. Because of her blurry past, it was hard to answer some of the questions that even Soran had asked. But with her inexplicable determination to make the dark wolf proud, Blind felt she could do it.

“Yes,” she finally said, “I will answer whatever the alphess asks of me.”

As Soran lifted her head and let out another howl, Blind listened to the wolf’s song intently. It made her heart race not only because of its sweetness, but also because it brought with it the possibility of meeting this other wolf that Soran talked so well of. She was curious, too, to see another Luperci, wondering what form she might approach in.

Noticing the sudden concerned look on the woman’s face, Blind nuzzled her neck comfortingly, hoping everything was alright. Though she couldn’t read Soran’s thoughts, she could tell something was keeping her on edge, and part of Blind wished she could help. The dark wolf had done so much for her already, she wanted to do something for her in return.

Then, Soran surprised her with more kindness still when she told Blind she’d be happy to change her. Excitement swelled in her chest, and then quickly deflated at the thought of having to wait. Blind was so ready to run and play and hunt, hopefully with her new friend at her side through it all. But she understood Soran’s reasoning – pain was something she knew well, and definitely wanted to avoid if she could.
Suddenly something Soran had said redirected her attention: “Wait, you have a hunting knife?” she asked, her eyes widening. “Have you killed anything with it? What does it look like? Where did you get it? How can I get one?”

The questions came tumbling out of Blind’s mouth like water out of a spring. She immediately bit her tongue, trying to stop herself from rambling. It would be a long time before she would be able to control her outbursts.
hi, I'm alli! to bold use the tag below, Smile you can also click on BB Code Help for more details
Code:
[b] [/b]  
[html]

The bronze furred woman turned at the howl. She knew that voice, and despite her previous feelings towards the caller she felt a warm sense of comfort at the sound. It was not for her, Mati knew the request of an alpha and she almost ignored it all together. But she knew that Savina was stretched tight in the days of war, and her mother was still a captive of AniWaya. She felt it her duty to take up the task of her absent mother and so she followed the wolf's voice. It was not hard to find the scent of her grandmother, and then the linger fragrance of the loner. Mati approached with caution, her lupus body moving through the landscape slowly. Purple eyes looked at the older female, and then to the stranger. Soran. She greeted. The two seemed comfortable with one another, a good sign for the loner's sake. I'm Mati. You're looking for a home? She spoke to the unknown female. There was not much time for pleasantries in the days of war.
[/html]
Hi! Nice to meet you Smile And thanks!
--

As Blind sat with Soran, she kept a wary eye on the greying sky. She hoped that the alphess would come soon so she could avoid getting caught in the rain, but she knew that if the leader were caught up in the affairs of war, it might be some time before Blind could meet her.

Then, as if in answer to her thoughts, a rust-colored female approached the two wolves, greeting Soran and asking Blind if she were looking for a home. Assuming this to be the alphess, the young wolf immediately stepped forward and tucked her tail, lowering her head and body in a position akin to bowing. Her ears then swiveled back and her gaze fell to the female's feet, her heart suddenly pounding in her chest.

"Yes m'lady," Blind replied, "I had hoped to join your pack."

As she spoke these words, her head spun with the sudden flood of thoughts about a home and friends and food. Despite her mother's defiance, Blind wanted to belong to a family again, to be a part of something bigger than herself, and finally belong.

Suddenly realizing that the female's tone had been a lot friendlier than she had expected, Blind glanced at
Soran, wondering if she were relieved at her ally's approach. This new wolf seemed pretty welcoming for someone supposedly so wrapped up in war.
[html]

Hey Alli! Thanks for getting to this Smile Just a quick note Blind, this is Alli, she plays Anu (our other leader that's been kidnapped) as well as Mati which means she has awesome allowing people to join powers that I dont have XD WC: 966

The sable female smiled down at the smaller female as she bounced around, falling onto her back, a small chuckle escaped her lips as she looked at her. She understood what she meant, that she wanted to be strong to protect herself and her home, Soran herself had often felt that way, but as a child she had been forced to be strong, the hardships that had befallen her had menat that she had to be tough, that she had to be able to fend for herself, to defend herself, she did not like having to be this strong, but during times of war there seemed to be no other option.
"I am sure that you are strong enough, you have survived on your own pretty well it would seem." The dark female replied, watching the girl, moving slightly to make room for her as she came to sit by her again, the sable woman looked down as she spoke once again, saying that she was ready to answer any questions that might be posed to her, the female nodded her dark head again, she was pleased that the female had responded that way, she herself would be happy to introduce her to Savina, to help her through the process, but she could not do all the talking, she knew that there would be questions asked that she would not be expected to answer. Although the ebony female did feel the need to protect the girl, to help her in any way, she knew that she needed to be able to prove that she could stand on her own four feet, to show that she was brave enough to answer any questions posed to her.
"I doubt you shall be asked anything that will be too difficult to answer, but you must be ready to answer whatever she asks, even if it seems silly at the moment it may become clear that it will be useful later on in time." The female replied, smiling at the girl again, she did hope that Savina would be welcoming to her, the dark female was a good wolf, a fair woman, she was sure that she would like her, but as with anything there was a moment of trepidation, she could not guarentee that her sable Consul would behave the way that she expected her to.

The female nuzzled against her neck and Soran smiled, it was funny how they had suddenly changed, Soran had been trying to comfort Blind only moments ago, but now the younger girl was trying to comfort her.
"I am just concerned, Savina has been stretching herself thin with the current war, I hope that she is alright." The sable female replied, her eyes scanning the nearby lands, watching them carefully for any signs of movement, she was hoping that her leader was alright, that she would come here soon and help the worrying cease. The subject was quickly changed as the girl asked about her hunting knife, asking where she had gooten it from, what it was like, a multitude of questions in fact.
"I found it in an old human home, it is not very big but it is rather sharp, humans have left many artifacts around these lands, I am sure that you might be able to find something similar if you chose to look for it." The female spoke with a warmth in her voice, she was indeed fond of this young female.

The conversation was broken by the sudden arrival of a familiar face, Soran smiled, it was nice to see her granddaughter, the bronze girl. As she spoke the ebony grandmother almost went to call her little one, but managed to catch herself, knowing that she was not ready to be reffered to as that, nor was it appropriate when she was acting as a high ranking member of the pack, coming to decide this newcomer's fate. This concerned the ebony female, she was worried that perhaps there was something wrong, why had Savina not come? She knew that the Alphess had been stretched thin during this time, especially with Anu being captured and being held hostage in the other lands, she supposed that Mati must have come knowing this, perhaps fulfilling the role that her mother could not at the moment. A smile touched her dark lips and she bowed her head to the bronze girl.
"Hello Mati, you have come in the place of Savina I take it?" She asked, smiling at the girl, she remained respectful though, in another situation the sable female might have allowed the concern to show in her voice, but as they were greeting a newcomer she had to remain polite and calm. She looked down at the younger girl who had thrown herself back into the submissive posture that she had been in when she had first met her, the ebony female smiled at her as she caught her eyes. She spoke well the female had noted, she would not have advised her to say anything else, it was a good response to the first question that was posed to her. Soran smiled at her bronze granddaughter again, trying to convey with her eyes that she trusted this girl, she did not believe her to be an Aniwayan spy and thought that she could indeed be a helpful ally to the pack.
"Mati, this is Blind, as she has said she is hoping to join this pack. I greeted her here a short while ago, in my opinion she seems to be an intelligent wolf who could be a good pack member. Blind, this is Mati, the Praefectus of our pack." The sable female introduced the pair, adding in her own opinion, hoping that it helped the dark female's case.

<style type="text/css"> .sa2 b {font-weight:bold; color:#a9b1bd; letter-spacing:1px; } .sa2 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color: #5c697b;} .sa2 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;} .sa2 {margin:0px auto; width:455px; background-color:#324357; background-image:url(http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae20 ... soran2.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 375px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} </style>
[/html]