Tears?
I know this has been asked a million times.. But I was searching and searching for the thread, but alas, I could not find it.

SO. The over asked question isss...

Lots of people RP their wolves crying. Would that be.. Because the luperci gene allowed them to, or just because.. Because.. I don't know. Is it allowed, or no?
Well, wolves and canids have lacrimal glands, but not like humans'. I mean, what i've seen my dogs produce is a slimy thing, not actual tears.
Technically, no, there is no official gene or anything that allows Luperci to shed tears. In general though, since crying is such a common human behaviour and something that humans use to express emotion frequently, we tend to overlook it.

However, there are a lot of canine substitutes to actually shedding tears, and the term "crying" can easily be interpreted to mean whimpering or whining and other pitiful vocalizations. Flattening ears, cowering, tail-tucking, and other similar body language can also convey the same emotions. Using more general terminology like "crying" instead of explicitly stating something like "his tears dripped down his nose" would be highly preferable, but this isn't something we're going to police heavily just because it's so pervasive.

-- Kiri
Herp, I am guilty of this one. And I know when I first started roleplaying I avoided playing my characters producing tears, yet after my return it's something that I have left slip and have caught myself playing Anann crying tears on occasion. I overlook it in the moment and kick myself for it later.

There are several little reality errors that I simply look at as 'lost in translation'. For example sweating is mentioned I substitute that with panting and other canine signs of exhaustion or heat. Also while we write our luperci speaking english and other human languages, they would have their own unique language all together. The various accents and languages found around the world would vary from their human counterparts, though since we allow literacy, would perhaps be based upon the human language of that area, imo. That is partially the reason I do not refrain from words like woman, man, child(ren), or people and ect. is because luperci would likely have their own terms for those words, it is just simply 'lost in translation' and I assume many rely on that, intentionally so or not. I think it is bound to happen.
Alright, thanks guys!