seeking her blood
She'd returned home only to find her grandson Sirius missing. It was with her heart in her throat she'd investigated every inch of the packlands. She finally found his scent and was following it. She came to the borders of Shadowed Sun, Tayui's lands. She knew better than to enter, the lands were clearly closed to her.

She whined, lefting a paw. Indecisive, she let it fall. She'd saty. But she wouldn't wait quietly. Oh, no. She threw her head back and let out a long, loud howl. She wanted to know her grandon Sirius was safe. She missed him like she missed her other boys. She wasn't allowed to see any of them, not even Jazper.

She howled again, waiting impatiently.
[html]

He had smelled her scent a while back, but indecision plauged him. Sirius sat down before he could see his grandmother, knowing that the moment he saw her he would immediately run over to her. And he couldn't do that. Naniko and Lucifer had told him that he wasn't supposed to see her, that he had to stay away from her...but he didn't understand. He'd been bad before and had been reprimanded for it. Why couldn't they just tell Deuce to stop being bad, so that they could all see her again?

He bit his lip, looking to the borders again. She had already howled once, and if he didn't go and see her she would probably get really angry at him. The two-month-old started dutifully toward the matron, his ears down, tail between his legs. She howled once more, probably because she couldn't see him coming...so he ran a little faster. "Gamma....gamma, whays you here?" He asked when he reached her, staying a few yards away. Nobody could come in without the alpha's permission, so she couldn't come any closer to him. He'd have to come up to her.

[/html]
She relaxed when she saw his reddish form come running. She wanted to moce forward and embrace him, but knew better to move beyond the boirders. "Sirius, i've missed you so very much....I was worried when you vanished. Noah and Tal miss you too.

She looked at him worriedly. Sirius, why are you staying away from me? Why won't you come see me?
[html]

He approached slowly, tail curled between his legs. She was a mother to him, so he felt like it was his duty to come over and talk to her. But at the same time he felt like he was doing something bad. His ears flicked forward for a moment when she spoke again, then laid back down on his skull. "I...gappa said I no see you" He tried to explain. He said you wazz bad"

[/html]
Her eyes darkened momentarilly at the mention of Lucifer. He'd told the pups she was bad? He was the one making up stories about her! She was and never would be a danger to her pups, adopted or otherwise. She laid down, whining softly, nose outstretched as far as she could get it.

Your grandfather and I....we're having a fight. We still love you and the other boys as uch as we ever did. He just wants to protect you. The words stuck in her throat. He was her grandson, and he was afraid of her. it hurt deeply. I'm not bad....I'm good. I've never hurt you or Apollo, have I?
[html]

He always tried really hard not to fight with Apollo and the others, even when they took his toys away from him. Usually he just went off by himself and played a different game instead of trying to get it back. He was really afraid that one of them might try and tell one of the adults on him, and that he might get into trouble.

"No, Gamma. You is tooked care of us. But..I's comed here to tay wiv Papa" He wanted to live here with Pilot, where there wasn't any yelling or fighting or incarceration. "I didn like it...shut up in dat room" He said, frowning.

[/html]
She felt anger burning in her that they would lock up her grandsons and children. I know you didn't sweetie. I just came here to make sure you were okay is all. I don't want to take you back. What they did to you boys was wrong.

She wished he would come closer. She didn't dare nose into obviously off limit lands. But she wanted to nuzzle her grandson, wanted to touch him and reassure herself he hadn't suffered physical harm being locked up like a criminal. If anyone should be locked up it should be lucifer.
[html]

Sirius was young, and didn't often understand what was going on around him. He had only heard that they weren't allowed around Deuce, which had made him really angry and sad. He wanted to be around her all the time. She would never hurt him or his brother...and even if she did, he could protect himself. He didn't get what Naniko was so worried about. Lucifer had come and talked to her...maybe he was lying to her? Deuce was nice, not mean!

"He is a wiar...Gappa. You's not never hurted me and Powwy"His name for his brother. "And T and Nowah" He came up to sit beside her, nuzzling his nose into her fur. "You smells good"
[/html]
She relaxed as he told her she'd never hurt any of hem. At least someone believed her on that. Her tail wagged as he vame over and nuzzled into her, and she nuzzled him back, absently grooming his fur as she always had. It had been the first thing she'd done after placing him and Apollo at her teat, was to clean the boys, placing er scent over the smell of the fire and the lingering scent of Dierdre. Not that she'd wanted to replace her daughter as theirt mother, but she wanted them to know that she was here to take care of them.

She was lucky, she knew, to have come from the fire with so few losses. Many had lost everything. And then some. But she'd only lost her daughter...and even then, there was still the chance that the girl would come back.
[html]

"We isn't supposed to let people into the lands..but we can walks out here" He said, pulling back after a while. Deuce smelled like warmth and home and Twilight Vale...and Sirius did want to go back with her. But he just couldn't. She could come see him here any time, but if he stayed in their packlands he wouldn't be able to see her. This way they both would be a lot happier, right?

He wasn't sure what else they could do, but was excited to see her and talk to her. "I...is not coming back to the Vale...I lives here with dad now"

[/html]