Premature Midlife Crisis!
[html]

Word Count → 310 :: POST-DATED: OCT. 5th // Rank thread! Teo just needs to be given a push in the right direction in this one, preferably towards some helpful herbs or something. I just need one more thread for a promotion! Big Grin Come on, pack mates!

A Furcas. Not an Anzu anymore.

Matteo still couldn't wrap his head around it. Naniko had appeared to him late into the night, requesting to speak to him about the latest events requiring his attention. Gemma's miscarriage. Tawny's accident. After a long talk and some misunderstandings on Matteo's part, Naniko had asked him if he'd wanted to switch tiers, from the shepherding area to the medical, where his 'new found talents' would be put to good use.

He'd been hesitant but eventually, he'd agreed to the swap out. Matteo was not a Furcas. As weird as that sounded to him, he liked it. That meant he'd be legally allowed to patch up his mate without the worry of the pack's other medics. He'd be able to sort through Tawny's recovery on his own time.

Of course, that meant he also had to do a lot of studying and research. He'd never hit the books so hard in his life.

Back in his room, he'd collected every medical book he could find in both the library and in the storage room, where Demi's old belongings were now kept. He'd spent the entire morning balancing time with Camilla, tending to Tawny and finding a moment to pay Alaki some attention whenever he dropped in. Otherwise, the boy was neck deep in medical journals.

Books had never been so fascinating.

He'd already learned the basics of taking care of people recovering from injuries or sickness. He'd known all that already from his mother's lessons back in Italy. A few reminders from the books he'd been absorbed in helped too.

Now he was reading up on how to treat someone for infected wounds or bites or cavities in their teeth. It was all there in various parts of the huge textbook. The Italian hybrid was immersed, scanning each page delicately before flipping to the next.

Eventually hunger and stiffness got the better of him and he closed the book, marking his page for later with one of Beyaz's feathers. Up he stood, already dressed in a black top and jeans (though the top was left unbuttoned, a habit he'd picked up from Alaki over time). The old windup clock he'd put up in the main room told him it was around five in the evening. He'd gone the entire day without anything to eat and Alaki wasn't due home for another hour or so at least.

Camilla was home, instructed to keep an eye on Tawny in case the injured girl woke up from her heavy, drug-induced sleep. Teo had learned which herbs were good for sleep from Demi a long time ago. He'd never gotten the chance to use this knowledge until Tawny came along in her worried, beaten state. Now he was thankful for the info, as it'd helped him find some time away from his patient.

Stretching out the stiffness in his legs and back as he went, Teo headed for the door, calling out to Camilla to watch the den while he was gone. He was off to find supper for them, hopefully something already cooked to save him some time.

He headed out into the hall, mind still buzzing with medical trivia and notes from the journals. Maybe he was overwhelming himself with the new rank, but this time he wanted to advance at least another spot instead of lingering in the starting point forever. His mate, a younger wolf, was already the top rank in his tier. Matteo had a lot of catching up to do.

He wandered along to hall towards the kitchen, muttering softly to himself as he went, going over notes in his head and trying to figure out the occasional confusion along the way. He was so focused in his thoughts, the world around him was a blur. With his luck, he'd bump into someone sooner or later and his 'peaceful' walk would turn exciting.

<style>
.TeoTattoo-box {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/z8Wm3.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; width:101px; height:165px; float:right; margin:3px; }
.TeoTattoo {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.TeoTattoo p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.TeoTattoo p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.TeoTattoo .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.TeoTattoo p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:10px 5px;}
.TeoTattoo b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>
[/html]
Rain had been working on his latest project for the most of the day. He was good a crafting weapons and had been finding wood to make long bows with or sturty fallen logs to make spears with. He had made two bows and a spear over the course of the day, not only were that hand crafted but the held his trademark on them somewhere. A small celtic knot design similar to the knot of trinity. He had just put the finishing touches on one of the bows when his stomach growled. He was tired of eating smoked deer meat and had found he wanted to cook it with something, maybe make a soup.

He got up and left his crafts behind to rummage though his belongings to find his deer skin for cooking and his dried meat. There was already a fire going but he needed water and some herbs that his Da used to use in his food. Beings he was in a large cavern to himself he decided to leave his deer skin in his room but decided to take his dried meat with him. He was looking for the cooking area in hopes of some spices and herbs for his stew when he ran into someone, dropping some of his dried meat. " I am so sorry. I didn't see you," he murmured as he picked up his now dirty meat. Now he really needed some water. He looked up to see a man who looked to be deep in thought. "Um... hello? Can you help me? I need some water and herbs for my stew. I'll share if you help me. Um... are you with me? he asked waving a hand in the mans face.
[html]

Word Count → 310 :: I'm sorry, Matteo can't come to his brain right now. Please leave a message after the tone. Dooot!

The fact that someone had run into him didn't seem to knock Matteo out of his thoughts fully. Even as the other white male, or well, almost white male, apologized. It wasn't until the hand was waved in his face did he look up and return to Earth again. Che cosa? He mumbled as his head cleared, then he stepped back and smiled apologetically. Oh, my apologies. Wasn't paying.. attention. Are you alright?

Teo's thickly underlined Italian accent played out like a song as he spoke, concerned and friendly despite the rude ignorance of the other packmate a moment ago. He hadn't meant any insult, really. Stress was eating him.

Then the other man's words clicked in and he made a sort of 'oh' with his mouth. Ah.. Herbs and water? He smiled, reaching around him to the bag he always carried, a black satchel that looked a touch heavier than expected from the skinny fellow. Actually, I have some water with me. As for herbs, I know a few that could spice up a stew. We'd need to go to the storage to get some though.

He turned to lead the way, obviously not entirely with the moment as he should've been. It took him a step or two before he remembered his manners finally and turned to face him again. Ah! La mia educazione! My name's Matteo. Sorry for my rudeness. I've been scatter-brained all week. He'd never mention why, though. Not to a stranger, at least. Don't think I've seen you before. He noticed all the white wolves in Anathema. It was habit for him, really. Are you new to the pack?

<style>
.TeoTattoo-box {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/z8Wm3.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; width:101px; height:165px; float:right; margin:3px; }
.TeoTattoo {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.TeoTattoo p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.TeoTattoo p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.TeoTattoo .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.TeoTattoo p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:10px 5px;}
.TeoTattoo b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>
[/html]
Rain is grey and white. Sorry crap post.

Rain started to laugh as the man came back to earth. It was comical to watch him and he felt that he would be a great friend if his head wasn't in the clouds. He watched the male with amusement and smiled. He could tell by the mans accent he wasn't normally english speaking like him. "I am alright. Are ou alright? Ou look a leetle tense," he asked softly watching the skinny male.

He extended a hand as a way of saying he meant no harm. He watched the man pull something around and listened to him state that he knew where to get herbs. Thank ou foor our heelp. he said as he started to follow the male again almost bumping into him as he stopped and introduced himself. Matteo. So that was his name. "Hallo Matteo. My nam is Regen...... um Rain. Nace to meet ou," he said as the Matteo asked if he was new to Anathema. "Yas I am new to here. I am a crafter so if ou need anything tell me. I can show ou some of the stoof I have made when we go back to my place," he said with a smile. He hoped to make friends here and Matteo seemed like a great guy.
[html]

Word Count :: 310 :: Teo, you so gay. ♥

The albino grinned and nodded. I'll keep that in mind, Rain. He said, testing the other male's name on his tongue. Rain. He liked it. Reminded him of Tawny a bit, a simple meaning but lovely on the ears. And welcome to Anathema.

Nope, Teo wasn't gay at all.

I was actually heading this way anyway. I'm one of the pack's medics now, so I could use the extra bit of herbs for medicine. He voiced idly as they returned to walking. Luckily we have the storage caves, else I'd have to go picking them fresh. Autumn is a bad time for that. They tend to get frost bitten quicker than other plants.

Especially the more delicate ones. Hopefully Panda or even Demi, God rest her, had stocked up during the spring and summer. The wouldn't be fresh but at least they'd do the trick. Tawny needed some extra poppy seeds anyway, to help her sleep at night. Hopefully they'd have some in stock.

So what brought you to Anathema, Rain? Anything in particular or were you just wandering like my brother and I? That was half the case, anyway. Giuseppe had opted to join Anathema once he'd learned that they lived in the cave systems of an old mountain range. Deep underground, he thought. It'd make Teo's life hell.

On the contrary. Matteo had been happier since he'd moved into Anathema's cave system. He missed the moonlit windows of home, but he felt like part of a community here. It was nice to belong to something so great as a healthy, thriving pack like Anathema.

<style>
.freebietable-a08 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/ljOtS.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 0px 0px 125px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; text-align:justify;}
.freebietable-a08 p.ooc {font-style:italic; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.freebietable-a08 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.freebietable-a08 p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:5px 5px;} </style>
[/html]
Rain was happy to have met someone. The mans accent was much like his except not as harsh. Rain knew of the incoming winter would make things complicated when it came to herbs for tea's and food so he would use what the pack had rationally. Matteo was a healer... it would be good to have him as a friend if something were to happen to him. He had things that the medic might want and he wouldn't ask for much for it.

When Matteo asked why he came to Anathema his ears pinned in memories better left to the back of his mind. "I hurt someone... I came here to escape my past and have a better future. I only hope that no ne condems me for my past actions." he whispered as he followed Matteo. He was trying to hard to forget. As Matteo showed him the way to the storage area he was brought back to Saxif throwing a dagger at him. If Thel hadn't caught her arm he would have died that night. Shiloh had almost died that night. They had hurt her to the point of unconsciousness and Rain had used that against her mate, knowing he wouldn't be able to beat her. Where was Saxif now?
[html]

Word Count :: 310 :: Blah.

Rain's reason for being in Anathema sparked a feeling of empathy in Teo that he hadn't expected. He mulled over it for a moment, then smiled, though the look was almost bitter.

Everyone in Anathema has their story. He commented almost dryly, but with a serious undertone that meant he wasn't exempt from it. Coming here turns the page but it doesn't end the book. He thought of his brother as he said this, about his own past for a moment and then how his present was pretty eventful too.

They turned a corner and headed into the kitchen area, a huge cave with dozens of fire pits set up in it and various shafts in the ceiling that let the smoke out. Teo ignored the scenery and headed in a bee line for the far side of the room, where a tunnel led into the storage area.

Right in here is where you'll find anything you need. Teo explained as they filtered into the cold storage room. The place was lit with only a few small candles, the rest of the space all but cluttered with shelves of goods, bottled and canned. Teo went on to suggest a few herbs and spices that would go good with the stew, but he kept going past that section and headed for where they kept the medical herbs. I'll be right with you, okay?

<style>
.freebietable-a08 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/ljOtS.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 0px 0px 125px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; text-align:justify;}
.freebietable-a08 p.ooc {font-style:italic; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.freebietable-a08 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.freebietable-a08 p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:5px 5px;} </style>
[/html]
PP of them walking to the room. Tell me if you want it changed

Rain could hear the mans underlying tone and knew that he wasn't the only one with a nightmare past. "A past can cripple even the strongest man but it takes a better man to get over what has happened and move on. Our lives are like books and this me starting a new chapter," he said patting the mans shoulder softly before going in the room with all the herbs. He didn't know the names but he knew the smells of the herbs and after smelling a few jars found what he wanted. The soup would be kinda spicy but it would warm him and give him energy to keep working tonight.

He watched Matteo get what he needed knowing that some of the herbs were for numbing wounds and others to help someone sleep. "Is someone hurt? I have some medical exsperience and can help you if you want. he said as they left the room. He lead Matteo back the way he came and went to his room where his water had started to boil. He put his dried meat in the water to let it soak while he put bits and pieces of the herbs in the water. "Come... sit down and talk to me. I don't have any friends here yet. The soup will be ready soon," he said softly