The Truth of Forgiveness
[html]

^_^

It was time that she had a day or two alone so she decided to do what she had been putting off. The huntress ran the whole journey there; her muscles desired the attention as they often did when she neglected her routine. The air was brisk and wet giving the day a gloomy feel but she enjoyed the darker days for some reason. It made running all the more fun for she would have to react quicker if she started to slide. The smell was the best part it didn’t have that sweet smell spring did but a wholesome scent she much preferred. Everything about this day was good to the female huntress as she reached the lands she desired to visit.

She had to search for a while, her memory not as clear for when she was last there her mind was feverish with rage and murderous intent. Today her purpose was simple and her emotions though exhausted were surprisingly calm. It was the only reason she decided the day was right. Finally she found the borders and stirred up some of the leaves with her nose just to be sure it was his. She took a calming breath and howled for him.

The last time she had been at these borders she had disregarded them making a down right challenge to the stranger. Her intentions were rage driven and her mind completely out of sorts. She had not changed much but her rage these days were only directed at herself. She hoped the first sign of her intent was her request to meet at his borders. She wondered what would happen if she had ever returned if he would even hear her words or send her packing. She shifted as she waited for his arrival each joint and muscle turning along with her mind. She stood slightly nervous but she was hopeful in this mission.

word count → 300+ ;; table by lin
<style>
.saxif-friendsooc {font-style:italic; color:#000000;}
.saxif-friendscred {font-style:italic; color:#000000; text-align:right; font-size:9px;}
.saxif-friends p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.saxif-friends b {color:#c2c2c2; text-shadow: 0.0em 0.0em 0.1em #183058; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.saxif-friends {font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#758EA3; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:15px; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; width:450px;}
.saxif-friendsinner{background-color:#183058; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... table2.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:190px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #183058; width:450px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
:B / +352

It was gloomy day and Zalen was shut in. By the light of a small fire he had made he was reading his poetry book, something he had taken up doing more and more now that the days were turning gray. The scent of the burning pine mixed with the musty smell of the rain. He paused for a moment, his olive eyes once against brought up to Widow’s spot. She was remaking her web after her earlier one had been ruined by the wind. Now she struggled to connect her gossamer threads against the misting rain that sometimes reached her.

Zalen sighed, and set his book down next to him, he looked out his den into the wet clearing. Maybe he should take a nap, it was midday, however he didn’t feel tired. Suddenly his stomach growled at him and he instinctively put a paw on it. Well, that solved his problem, but oh to hunt in this muck? There were so many things he’d rather do.

Another sigh and the relative silence of the day was suddenly broken but a summoning call. Zalen’s ears pricked up, pupils dilated. It was close, very close, probably at the boundary of his territory. And something about the sound of it was familiar. He stood, hesitated for a moment at the threshold of the den, sniffing to no avail, before stepping out. The rain was even cooler than he expected and he shivered slightly, but headed out at a quick jaunt in a beeline to the border of his marked territory. Within minutes he was soaked, but he barely noticed now that his blood was flowing hot in his veins. Why would a wolf summon here? It wasn’t like this was a pack land, his was the only clear scent around.

He passed the tree that was marked with a large slash which was a sign of the boundary. Standing beside it he took a look around to find the source of the call when he saw her. Immediately his hackles raised, ears flattened, growling in a low, threatening octave he stepped forward, YOU!?

<style type="text/css">
.zzalenspi b {font-weight:bold; color:#9e392d; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #2f0b07; }
.zzalenspi p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.zzalenspi {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#4b1313; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/3cX7h.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 307px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#723028; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.zzalenspi p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.zzalenspi p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

She's a little melodramatic lately XD

When the dark male set his eyes upon her she reacted more instinctively than anything. Even with her training, the extra work to her body all of which she was certain gave her an equal chance in battle. The male was still a wolf that had defeated her, forced her to submit. She lowered her muzzle and pulled her ears down slightly. She made eye contact with him but quickly put her hands up in surrender. It was her hope that he took her stance as a peaceful reaction to his anger. She deserved every bit of resentment he chose to express but she knew he deserved at the very least her intended words.

Listen, I came here to apologize for my behavior the last time I was here. She lowered to one knee respectfully. I was in a bad place that day. Well… I still am but you didn’t deserve such a disruption and for that I am sorry. You have scarred me once already but I offer my submission to any punishment you deem fit. She knew it was a bit much for a simple fight among wolves but she wanted to do right by at least one person. Her life as of late was filled with nothing but hurt and failure. She hoped it would at least bring the scale of her actions closer to balance.

I have said what I have come to say and if you wish it I will leave immediately and never return. She looked up at him her golden eyes filled with guilt for her past actions. She awaited his response ready for anything he had to say or do for her indiscretion. Her scarred muzzle dripped as the mist turned to rain since she arrived. Her mind certain this would end only with pain. At least the blood will wash away swiftly. She had thought as she lowered her head to ready herself.

word count → 000 ;; table by lin
<style>
.saxif-friendscred {font-style:italic; color:#000000; text-align:right; font-size:9px;}
.saxif-friends b {color:#c2c2c2; text-shadow: 0.0em 0.0em 0.1em #183058; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.saxif-friends {font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#758EA3; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:15px; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; width:450px;}
.saxif-friendsinner{background-color:#183058; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... table2.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:190px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #183058; width:450px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
OOC / +254

Zalen stood like a black and furious storm cloud in front of the golden female. Why was she back here? Did he not tell her never to return when he had bested her? She had outright attacked him, wrongfully accused him, and he had sent her running with a tail between her legs. She must be out of her right mind to show up her again. But before Zalen could even think of reprimanding her against, her golden form diminished before him like a scared pup.

Zalen did not lose his harsh look as she profusely apologized but his lips relaxed, covering his teeth. When she bent down to one knee, in complete submission his ears came forward and hackles lowered. However his brow as still furrowed, for his anger had been replaced by utter confusion. Why had she felt the need to return just to ask forgiveness? Was his response so important to her? He wondered what this girl’s story was.

Shifting his weight awkwardly after she finished, Zalen sought for what words to speak first. He could run her off again, or accept her apology, but what would that bring? With a sigh he decided that there was no use in letting bad blood stay between the two of them and he offered a paw to help her out, Look, it’s alright. I forgive you. But perhaps you should explain yourself a bit more. It was then that he noticed the scar; perfect teeth marks on her flaxen muzzle. He winced internally.

<style type="text/css">
.zzalenspi b {font-weight:bold; color:#9e392d; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #2f0b07; }
.zzalenspi {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#4b1313; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/3cX7h.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 307px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#723028; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC

Saxif tilted her head to the side slightly confused, she was sure his wrath would be bestowed upon her. Instead he asked only for more, she was taken aback and almost unsure how to proceed. She had practice what she had said once before arriving and had not been sure what else to say. That her life had turned into a disaster since they last met, that her mate had been driven crazy by a soulless little prick, that she lost her home, her friends, her family? She took a deep breath and merely went with what she could with out bursting into a flow of tears. She may have been submitted to him but she would not show complete and utter weakness.

The male I had sought out had raped and badly injured my best friend at the time. She had a very long recovery afterward and had to quit doing much of what she loved. When we became mates I felt it my duty to seek justice. A small spark of a love she felt she lost showed within her smile as she spoke her next few words. I felt she just needed someone like that, you know? A hero of sorts... but I wronged you by wildly assuming you might be that male. I have a bit of an issue with anger you may have noticed then. She forced a new smile as though it was a joke but the truth of it was far more than she wanted to believe. Her smile faded quickly.

Since our last meeting a lot has happened to us and I had found the male in question, it turned out justice had been served but not by my hand. Everything that has happened as of late. She cleared her throat fighting the painful lump that her thoughts brought her. Well it has made me realize that the least I could do was give you an apology and do right by at least one person. And to be honest I am no hero, I have no right assuming such silly things. In that moment she did not want to go into specifics it would be too much for the female to bare to a male she barely knew. She stood and started to turn. I... I will leave you be now.

word count → 391 ;; table by lin
<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]
Oooh a twist! Yes, Zalen has a mentor from CD, so let’s see where this goes Smile / +329

Zalen retracted his paw as she began to speak, choosing to remain knelt as she told him of her woes. It seemed to him that this woman had quite a load to bear, and that in her rage she mistook him for the one she sought. Zalen could not blame her for wanted to seek revenge for her loved one, Zalen would have done the same had he been in her place. He could see in her face the love and pain she felt and he could tell that apologizing to him was difficult as well. It must have taken courage for this proud wolfess to bend a knee and submit to his will.

She stood on her own, and this small act, her not accepting his help up, solidified her pride. She was not weak, he knew this, and the physical conflict that they had enacted in could have easily gone her way rather than his. He respected her for what she was doing, and as she turned to leave he spoke, Wait, I remember when you were here last you mentioned the pack Aniwaya. Is that where you are from? his skin heated under his fur as he asked the question. His mentor and best friend was a member of Crimson Dreams and she had told him of the war between her pack and Aniwaya. Zalen being a loner fell outside the lines of this conflict and therefore had the luxury of neutrality, but he wished to hear the side of the story from someone of the Aniwaya pack.

The rain was now coming down heavily and the two Luperci were soaked to the bone. Zalen shook his head, sending drops around him like a halo. He would invite her to the warmth of his den, but first he wanted to hear what she had to say. If she admitted that she was a contributor to the suffering of his mentor, then he would see her off.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Out of character text here.

The huntress halted at his words and carefully turned to face him once more. Her expression was questioning. I was? She wondered momentarily why he was curious about her pack… if she could even call it that anymore. She wanted so badly to go home but if she did would she be met with a death for trespassing? She did not know. The thought of her home and its current situation always put her on edge, it was not like her to have to run from a place she had sworn to protect. She was a warrior at heart but she could not face off with the enemy against her home either, no matter how badly she wanted the new leader gone.

Do you know something about them? Is the war over? Do you know someone from there? She asked him realizing that he might know something if he mentioned her home. What had he learned, who was he talking to? She wanted to know something anything for her homesickness was rather great. She rubbed the rain from her face water dripping from her soaked fur. As much as she enjoyed the rain it was starting to get annoying.

word count → 199 ;; table by lin
<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]
Slight pp with them going to the den if that’s alright, and maybe eventually they should introduce each other XD / +226

Her reaction to his question both relieved and disappointed him. He now knew she didn’t have anything to do with what had distressed Soran so, but she also didn’t have any new information for him it seemed. With a sigh he flicked his head once more, ridding himself of the water, Come with me to my den, this rain is unbearable, we shall talk along the way.

The two of them entered into the forest and Zalen was silent for the moment, only the sound of the rain drops hitting the leaves above and their own pad falls. He was trying to think of how best to ask her of the war without revealing his involvement with one of the participants, but he eventually decided it would do no harm. This wolfess didn’t seem like she would attack him if she knew of his friendships.

I do not know much of Aniwaya, save that they are currently at war with Crimson Dreams. I was hoping you could tell me more about it, for I have a friend in Crimson Dreams who was quite distraught over it, he glanced at her to see her reaction to this, and then continued, She spoke of refugees escaping Aniwaya and how Aniwaya then invaded to capture the ones seeking sanctuary. Is this true? Why would Aniwaya do such a thing?

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count :: 316 :: Perfectly fine XD

He’s inviting me to his den? She felt taken aback, maybe there was more to this male than she had realized. She felt relief feeling already that their battle with one another was starting to fade into the past. It was far more than she had hoped for so she followed him with a small smile and a nod. Many people who are involved are quite distraught and confused. It is a situation only known best by the AniWayan people. If your friend knows my pack we were once quite peaceful. She thought back to the good old days where her hunting was the only thing that seemed important, the only thing that proved worth. That was before a male and his goons also known as “guardians” arrived and changed everything. She felt her brow furrow at the thought of the new leader.

First it started with his leadership, then recruitment and implementation of new ways. A lot of us knew something was off; the refuges you speak of were rather kind people. The leader said they left but I feel there is more to it than that. She took a deep breath as her chest started to ache. We were so close to planning an uprising; if it had been started maybe everything would have ended before a war happened. But before we could do anything the new leader’s numbers rose tremendously and he immediately invaded Crimson Dream for an outrageous idea. She looked away just then hoping to hide her sadness pretending she was looking out at something in the rain. I had hoped to side with Crimson Dream to destroy as many of these “guardians” as we could but I never got the chance. It was the same night her mate had been attacked, the same night her life fell into shambles and the same night her home was ripped away from her.

<style>
.freebietable-a03 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/z7WRC.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 0px 0px 90px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:14px; text-align:justify;}
.freebietable-a03 p.ooc {font-style:italic; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.freebietable-a03 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.freebietable-a03 p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:5px 5px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Small chat inside, maybe some flirting, then hunt! / +206

Zalen listened in silence as she told him in detail what happened in her pack. So a dictator had taken over, removed the piece, installed a police force and before the pack members could even organize it was too late. Zalen’s brow furrowed, a growl threatened in his chest. Once again he had that feeling of enraging helplessness, of self-loathing and anger towards his mother for not telling him of his heritage.

If he had a choice, if he had only known, he surely would be leading a pack now, maybe even the Silent Dawn pack, the one founded by his great grandmother. Then, for a moment, he was angry at her too, angry for coming to him like a ghost out of a nightmare and telling him of things he would have never known otherwise.

He buried these feelings for later contemplation as the two of them entered the small clearing that held his den. The small cave entrance looked so cozy and he did not hesitate to shake himself down, head to toe before pushing aside the vines hanging over the low entrance, he held them open for her, Come inside, we’ll talk more. He smiled, his feelings of anger beginning to ebb away.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Sounds good XD.

Saxif smiled softly at the courteousness of the male a small inkling of other things sparked within her but she quickly thwarted them. She was still mated to Shiloh even if her heart felt torn in every other way. She shook off the excess water before entering his home. Seems like you have quite the life here. The warm and dry den was a far cry from her open sanctuary within the pack she currently resided in as a refuge. Her hammock and half tent didn’t really protect her from the elements but did give her a nice view of the night sky. Forgot how nice it is to live in a true den… a lot of these structures don’t really feel like home.

She looked around and carefully sat unsure if it was ok to just sit anywhere. She glanced up at Zalen just then her golden eyes hopeful. So you don’t have any news other than that of the attack on Crimson Dream? She ran her fingers through her hair attempting to fix it finding it was still far too wet to even bother. I have not met anyone from that pack… I would have been able to ask them. For now though I don’t want to be mistaken for the enemy. It’s a shame… cause even if the war ended could our packs even really trust one another anymore? She felt herself going into the long thought process that she often sank into when she thought of home.

word count → 250 ;; table by lin
<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]
OOC / +280

Zalen watched as the woman gingerly entered his den. It had been a while since he had had a female in here, Lucia, and she had become like a dark shadow in the cave. But this woman, she was like a golden ray in the darkness, and for a moment Zalen couldn’t help but stare. He had found that females sometimes put him this trance, something he didn’t quite understand. Something about the feminine was so intriguing to him both physically and mentally.

He watched as she awkwardly sat and quickly sat across from her, hoping to make her see that it was a humble abode and anywhere was good to sit. The gray light from the outside filtered into the den and glowed softly against the bottles sitting on the natural shelves with in the cave. He listened as she spoke, her voice sounded so sad as she asked if he knew anything of her home, but he could only shake his head sadly, I’m sorry I don’t know more. He looked at her gently, But there is hope, there is always hope. Enemies can always turn into friends. Just look at us. This brought a smile to his face.

Zalen glanced out the entrance, at the rain, it was beginning to let up, become a mist again. His stomach made itself known to him again, complaining of its emptiness. All the little critters he usually hunted would be holed up in their burrows from the rain, but he needed to eat. He turned his olive eyes to her golden ones, Hey, I’m Zalen by the way. He grinned, realizing just now that he didn’t even know her name.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

XD

She played with the fur on her leg slightly unsure of what to do with herself. It was the first time she had been in the presence of anyone other than her mate for what seemed like so long. She watched him speak and chuckled at his comment. Ya, honestly I didn’t expect this at all. She glanced around the place again feeling her cheeks heat when he gazed at her. Her awkwardness that had stayed dormant in her anti-social state now was a full-blown shyness toward the male. Usually she spoke with confidence and even a bit aloof at times but not today. She guessed she just wasn’t ready for canine contact yet, but she was glad at how calm she felt in his presence. Nice to meet you Zalen. My name is Saxif, Saxif Goldenfeather.

She held out her hand at a straight point and waited for him to take her hand in-between them. Introductions usually don’t come so easily when teeth are bared and claws extended. Again I am sorry about that. She rubbed the back of her neck, it would always be something that would be between them. Whether it was good or bad she did not know. How about I make it up to you some time. I’m a bit of a hunter. She lightly chuckled at the comment cause if there was anything other than a hunter that she was, she did not know it. so next time I get a decent kill in the area you will be my first stop.

word count → 258 ;; table by lin
<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]
OOC / +190

So finally he had her name; Saxif Goldenfeather. What a fitting name for this flaxen woman. Zalen grabbed her extended arm and clasped it gently in a sign of friendship before releasing. She again apologized for attacking him and he waved a paw, brushing it off. Now that she was here, she no longer seemed filled with pride but instead seemed quite shy. It was somewhat cute.

Then she mentioned how she would make it up to him by sharing a hunt with him in the future; what luck! Just then his stomach gave another loud gurgle, Hey, how about we go on a hunt together now? I’m starving and am craving deer, something I wouldn’t usually be able to hunt on my own, I could use your expertise. He gave her a dashing smile.

Zalen actually hadn’t hunted with someone else since he before he came to Nova Scotia. He had extreme endurance and could chase something for miles even after leaving hunting mates behind. But an endurance run wouldn’t be needed in the thick and wet underbrush of the forest. Zalen stood, exciting to go and very hungry.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Sorry this took so long XD

Saxif smiled when the male offered a hunt. You do realize it’s insanely wet out there? She grinned as her excitement grew. She had not hunted with anyone since she left AniWaya. The prospect of a hunt in these conditions though seemed rather thrilling. She rose up from the ground and parted the opening of the den. The clouds were beginning to break but there were still patches of showers in the distance. She had looked back at Zalen as her tail wagged slightly behind her. I’m game if you are.

With that she started to shift into her Secui form. Her body tingled with anticipation as each muscle began to shorten and shift into the new form. Her bones crackled lightly as she spoke. It might take a while to catch a scent. So don’t get your hopes up. As her long hair shortened into a thick mane on her back she realized this was the form he first met her in. She shook her body almost relieved to be on four legs again.

This is gonna be fun. She said before suddenly bursting forth from the cave thoroughly intent on making this a friendly competition.

word count → 197 ;; table by lin
<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]
OOC / +352

When she asked him about the weather he just grinned at her. He knew it was extremely wet, which would make the chase just that much more interesting. Easier for them as well, as their paws and claws held much more traction in mud then the cloven hooves of deer. She said she was game, Good! Zalen said and stood just as she did. They both began to shift into Secui, hers taking just a hair shorter of time to do, most likely due to her excitement, plus Zalen’s Secui was quite bulky. He couldn’t help but stare at her though, he hadn’t had the chance to see many luperci shift in front of him and it was quite a spectacle.

She spoke of how it might be hard to catch a scent in the rain and he nodded, though he also knew where in the area the deer usually hung out so he wasn’t too worried. She burst forth from the cave and he was hot on her tail, the misty rain didn’t even have time to cling to his thick coat and it took a good while before he began to feel wet.

She had speed on her side and it took a lot of concentration to keep pace with her, but Zalen was managed pretty well. He made sure to steer her in the direction he believed the game would be, and the two of them therefore ran shoulder to shoulder, wet black fur mixing with gold. Soon he slowed to a trot and began sniffing the ground to no avail, the mud sucked up an scent like a sponge. But he knew they were there, this is where the small heard of does always hung out. He wondered why it was so quiet.

His question was answered when in the distant, the white tail of a mature buck flashed as it bounded away. Zalen glanced at Saxif wide eyed and excited. A buck! What a challenge. No one wonder the does weren’t around, they were avoiding the male of their species. What do you suggest? he asked quickly.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Saxif is in the zone!

Saxif held her head up sniffing the air knowing the ground was nothing but mud and the smell of earthen critters. Zalen kept her on track knowing the lands better than the huntress. She loved the feel of the ground as it mushed between her toes the rush of running with the male. It was exciting to be hunting as it always was. Hunting was her life and always will be the ultimate high. She noticed the ground and started to slow slightly. The melting away in the grassy area were tiny hooves. Females. Her mind whirred as she watched the pattern. Stampede. She took a deep breath in. Male. She quietly whispered and looked around setting her eyes on the buck just as Zalen noticed him. She smirked at the male. Luck is on our side friend. Bucks were always so much more fun, though more difficult to kill with the antlers Saxif loved challenge.

She kept low as she lead in slow soft pads toward the deer as he was none the wiser. Ok best form of action with males is to lead them, corner them and distraction. You know the land better so you will lead him to anywhere where there is thick brush, high stone, anywhere where he will be forced to stop. I will keep him on track. When he is trapped he will be forced to defend; this is where the dangerous part begins. One of us will have to distract him and when he gives an opening strike for the kill. Saxif whispered before she paused wiggling her toes. A smile crossed her mug as she set her bright golden eyes upon the male. Next best thing… wait till he slips and strike. It was always good to have two plans and the second she knew was quite plausible in these conditions. She pressed her paws into the soft ground and launched her haunches beginning the chase with a barking growl.

#300+
<style>
#jn-saxifgift {width:100%; margin:0px auto;font-family:Arial, sans-serif;}
#jn-saxifgift.ooc {text-align:right;font-size:11px;padding:0px;}
#jn-saxifgift.table {background-color:#ffffd1;border:1px solid #ffffff;outline:1px solid #000000;color:#000000;text-align:justify;font-size:13px;padding:5px 0px 150px 0px;background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/4eHF1.gif);background-position:bottom left;background-repeat:no-repeat;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:-1px;word-spacing:1px;}
#jn-saxifgift.table p {text-indent:40px;padding:5px 55px 0px 55px;}
#jn-saxifgift.table p:first-letter {font-size:25px;font-weight:normal;color:#c4af56;font-family: 'La Belle Aurore', cursive;text-shadow:1px 1px 1px #000000;}
#jn-saxifgift.table b {color:#796332;letter-spacing:.5px;word-spacing:1px;text-shadow:1px 1px 1px #555555;}
#jn-saxifgift.table b:before {content:open-quote;}
#jn-saxifgift.table b:after {content:close-quote;}
#jn-saxifgift.words {font-size:10px;text-align:right;padding:0px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
Yay hunt!!! / +403

Zalen saw the excitement flare up in the golden wolfess’ eyes and this in turn sparked the adrenaline to start running in his own veins. She was quick to come up with a strategy and Zalen’s mind raced as she spoke. He did have a good understanding of the area and knew where it would be best to run the stag; not but a half mile away the forest’s relative flatness was broken but an upheaval of stone and brush that formed a steep hill. Lucky for them, the buck had already begun to run in that direction, and it would be simple to herd it.

He peered into the brush where the buck had run, and listened, noticing that he no longer heard the snap of its body pushing through the flora and assumed the deer had in fact stopped to listen for the two of them. It was smart prey, but it was two versus one, and they were in perfect form to bring it down, despite its fully developed rack of antlers.

Zalen looked at Saxif, and nodded, I will bring it around to the east in a large semi-circle. Head straight east and you will find the path blocked by a steep hill. Wait for us there, I will bring him right to you. And with that, Zalen’s black form was off into the brush.

It wasn’t long before Saxif’s golden form had disappeared behind him, and as he ran he noticed the flash of white tail appear in front of him. The buck running full sprint through the forest, and in his large Secui form Zalen lacked in speed what he had in endurance. He flanked the buck, close enough to keep an eye on it but far enough away that the buck still felt safe enough just to run instead of dart about. However, every time the prey began to move westward Zalen would push closer, forcing the beast to move eastward.

They were nearing the hill, and Zalen could sense that the buck knew the danger, as it began to speed up. Zalen tried to keep pace, but the soft and muddy ground hindered him. At one moment he noticed the buck trip for a moment and thought he could strike, but he hesitated. He needed Saxif’s help to bring this thing down, so he continued just to push the stag forward. They were almost there.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
teehee

The huntress gave a single nod before setting off in the direction he gave. She gained more speed but the run was difficult as her paws threatened to slide. She was near her destination when she first slipped, she tumbled in the mud for quite a distance the sound of mush and squishing mud followed her. She stood with a groan as she felt her body covered in the brown ooze that surrounded the area. She could hear the approach of the others and a fun idea came to her. She flopped on the ground rolling around in the slick ground until her entire body was covered in mud. She lowered her body to the ground and slowly positioned herself as the approach of the buck was clear. Zalen was leading him just perfectly into her improvised plan and this would definitely be one for the tales. She would merely be seen as a lump in the ground when the buck came nearer. Just one more second… She hopped up letting out a loud snarling bark.

What happened next was pure chaos but the female was having the moment of a lifetime. The buck tried to halt and turn but his hooves started to slide in every direction. Saxif narrowly dodged the spiraling antlers of the out of control deer. A loud crack could be heard as the buck’s leg buckled beneath him. What had started as a constructed plan now became a race to a kill. She bounded mud covered and sliding around trying to catch up to the now tumbling deer. He had finally caught his antler in the ground giving the female an opportunity at his pumping veins. She leapt into the air but was forced to put her paws up before her as an antler came at her. She managed to avoid injury but she laughed with excitement. He’s feisty. Take caution. She watched the deer attempt to rise but his front leg kept him from rising as the mud forced his hind hooves to slip. She barked and snarled forcing him to attempt an attack on her side, leaving his other open for an attack.

<style>
#jn-saxifgift {width:100%; margin:0px auto;font-family:Arial, sans-serif;}
#jn-saxifgift.ooc {text-align:right;font-size:11px;padding:0px;}
#jn-saxifgift.table {background-color:#ffffd1;border:1px solid #ffffff;outline:1px solid #000000;color:#000000;text-align:justify;font-size:13px;padding:5px 0px 150px 0px;background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/4eHF1.gif);background-position:bottom left;background-repeat:no-repeat;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:-1px;word-spacing:1px;}
#jn-saxifgift.table p {text-indent:40px;padding:5px 55px 0px 55px;}
#jn-saxifgift.table p:first-letter {font-size:25px;font-weight:normal;color:#c4af56;font-family: 'La Belle Aurore', cursive;text-shadow:1px 1px 1px #000000;}
#jn-saxifgift.table b {color:#796332;letter-spacing:.5px;word-spacing:1px;text-shadow:1px 1px 1px #555555;}
#jn-saxifgift.table b:before {content:open-quote;}
#jn-saxifgift.table b:after {content:close-quote;}
#jn-saxifgift.words {font-size:10px;text-align:right;padding:0px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
mmm venison! / +318

They had come upon the appointed place and Saxif was no-where in sight. Zalen panicked, coming to dead halt but instead sliding haphazardly in the mud like it was ice, the buck in front of him fell as well and then all hell broke loose. Zalen watched as what he thought had just been a lump of mud rose out of the ground like a fish jumped from the water, and his eyes widened. It was Saxif! What a clever girl! But before Zalen could admire her skill and ingenuity, he slammed full force into the backside of the buck, who was now sprawled in the mud, kicking and swinging its antlers for its life.

The buck with Zalen squarely attached to its rump, went sliding on a small incline, and whipping his head around Zalen could see Saxif basically falling all over herself trying to catch them. They spun around and Zalen managed to push himself away from the deer, using its hide as leverage, and barely missed being struck by one of its flailing, sharp hooves.

Saxif was basically laughing, and he heard her say something about the deer but he was too excited and adrenaline filled to hear exactly what she had said. The buck was still flailing, its hind leg obviously broken, its eyes rolling in its head like something possessed as it tried to right itself but failed. For a split second Zalen’s green eyes met Saxif’s golden ones and there was a quick exchange of information.

The muddy wolfess feigned an attack to the buck’s side and the deer tried to strike at her, leaving the side Zalen was on defenseless; he did not hesitate, and strong Secui jaws clamped down like a vice onto the buck’s jugular. Hot, sweet blood burst forth into Zalen’s maw, but he held tight, and tried to the pull the strong buck’s head down into the mud.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]