is it for this I arise?
[html]
WC:8+, anyone is welcome to join!

It was early morning, and the snow hued male had slipped out of bed. Once again, he couldn't sleep. It was a frequent thing for him. He didn't take anything for it, he'd tried once. A sleeping drought his other had suggested; it had left him with a hang over that probably rivaled anything an actual drinker experienced. He peered into the room they had set up for Liam, if the boy ever showed up. He knew his son was around, but he was rarely seen. As he'd expected, his son wasn't in the room, nor was his scent terribly thick on the old house the two males had shared before his mateship with Sky.

Since it was still early, Tal decided to wander the borders for a short while. With all the tensions going on, it wouldn't hurt to be sure everything was safe in the lands. The sun was just beginning to rise, as the scent of a large cat became noticeable, along with as softer, more subtle scent. Suddenly the hot tang of blood sprang up, the olfactory equivalence to the sight of a blooming rose still blossoming. The pale scholar adjusted his satchel, his ears drooping as he began to follow the scent. A good way into Ethereal Eclipse, he found the woman. A petite wolf, her tawny coat covered in great wounds, her breathing labored and shallow. The scent of wild cat was hot and thick in the air. He knelt next to her, his gaze concerned. His hand snaked out. In a movement that was at odds with her injuries, her fangs were latched into his hand, her piercing golden eyes focused on his. She didn't bite down hard, just hard enough to warn him against touching her further. He could see it in her eyes, she knew she would die soon.

He couldn't look away, her amber eyes were drawing him in. He swallowed, opened his mouth to speak, but she shook her head. She kept her eyes on his, forcing herself to speak to him. "Tameri... safe." Her breath whistled in the way a punctured lung would whistle, sharing the same gurgling quality as someone drowning. He swallowed as he realized what she was asking. ”I will keep Tameri safe, ma'am. I swear it.” He watched as she nodded, and sighed. As if the promise was enough, her eyes drifted closed, her breathing stopping. His heart ached for the fallen woman. He didn't know her name, nor where she came from. All he knew was that he made her a promise, and now he would keep it. He touched her forehead lightly, swallowing again. ”Bless this woman and help her find your light, Rhiannon.” And may I have the strength needed to protect her child, he added internally. He drew in a shaking breath, then straightened. He called for Tameri, listening for a reply. A soft rustling nearby caused his to stiffen, only relaxing when a small black nose poked out of the brush.

The pup was small, maybe two or three months at the most. His heart ached for the small thing. It's coat was black, but mottled grey from dust. The ribs poked through, as if the pair had been traveling a long time with minimal food. The blue eyes were pleading with him. When it spoke, its words were soft, confused. "Mami?" His heart broke at the single word, and he lifted the small female up. He didn't quite know what to say to the girl pup, so he spoke softly to her, hoping Sky would forgive him for the lie he was about to tell the puppy, but knowing she would understand why he did it. He kept his body in-between Tameri and the cooling corpse of her mother. ”Your Mami left you for me to take care of, Tameri. I'm your dad.” The pup looked up at him, and in one heartbreaking instant, she snuggled against him, accepting her place in his world with a grace that would make most submissives weep. He glanced at the body of her mother, then began his trek back to the pack, to explain to his mate why he left their bed and returned with a malnourished puppy who would henceforth call him daddy. On the way, he stopped to wrap a small blanket around the shivering female. The sun was half way in the sky, not quite at it's highest yet when he reached Thornbury. His mind was wrapped around the female's mother, and the need to protect the pack. He'd have Sky let Shawchert know that there was a big cat in the area that had killed well outside the pack land, but still close enough it could be a risk to the younger or weaker wolves in the area.

[/html]
Rory was very happy this day. He had a wonderful mate and also a daughter of sorts. Rose was kitten but he loved her as a daughter nonetheless. He did hope that he and Mya could someday have their own pups. He loved his niece, Saorise, as his own but also deeply wanted his own flesh and blood. Yet it was still early in their mateship to do anything. Not that it couldn’t happen but it would be best if they waited a bit before they tried for pups.

He had gotten up early to go take care of Treasa, which she was grateful for. The mare gently nudged him as if to say ‘Took you long enough.’ He had to admit he hadn’t been spending as much time as he would like taking care of his horse but being mated took a lot up a lot of your spare time.

After brushing her and generally spending time with Treasa, he left the stable to see a wolf that he hadn’t met but seen around. He knew his name was Taliesin but that was it. He almost didn’t stop but he saw the other man had a shivering bundle that looked a lot like a pup. He headed over to the wolf and gently said, ”Do ye need any ‘elp there, lad?”
((We need a Liam/Ayasha thread. LOL))

He kept forgetting his mate had vanished. He wasn't sure where she was. He supposed his first stop was Skye, then, instead of his Sky. Both to give her warning about the big cat, and to make sure she was okay with him bringing Tameri into their pack. As a voice thick with an Irish accent came to him, Tal looked up, his ears perking. He wasn't sure of the male's name. The pale scholar cradled the pup closer, his ears flicking back, then standing up again. It wasn't an unfriendly movement, just a wary one.

"I found her and her mom. Big cat, maybe a cougar." His bi-colored eyes were concerned. He glanced down at Tameri, then back to the Irish male. Tameri was sleeping so it was safe to tell him the story quickly. "Her mom must have been attacked. Nothing I could do to save her, but she made me promise to protect Tameri. So I'm her daddy now."

His shoulders slumped. "I can't even keep tabs on my own boy or mate, and now I have a daughter to look after, too. I think Sky will be furious." The pup shifted in his arms, yawning. Sleepy blue eyes peered up at him, then closed again. Tal's eyes softened as he looked down at the little black female. He looked at the male again. "Got a blanket or something handy? Tameri seems to be cold..."
OOC: We must. Ayasha misses her loverboy Tongue

IC: Rory could tell that Tal was a bit wary but he would too if he had a wee one that small. But he gave the white male a friendly grin. But he did frown at the mention of a big cat. That wasn’t good with all the little ones around. ”That’s nae good. Especially wi’ all the wee ones in the pack. Do ye know where the cat went?” He could fight and hunt well but preferred not to do the former. He had to leave his home because of it. But he would protect his loved ones and his pack.

He smiled at the pup and her name. But it was a little sad. ”I ‘ope tha’ she did nae see ‘er mum killed. That is the worst thing fer a child.” He looked at Tal and nodded. ”I think ye’ll be a grand da.” Then it hit him. This was Liam father. Especially when he mentioned his son. ”Yer Liam da, aren’t ye?” He was curious but not angry.

At his mate being furious, Rory simply shrugged. ”I’m nae entirely sure bu’ I’ve nae ‘ad the pleasure o’ meetin’ yer mate. I know Mya would accept an orphan.” He didn’t think that Tal would get mad about Mya since he had Sky. At having blankets, he nodded. ”At me ‘ome, I do. It’s right by the stables.” He gestured for Tal to go ahead of him