breaking the habit tonight
Being confined to the lands had been -mostly- good for the young male. He'd stayed close to the lands except when he went to visit Ayasha, but even then on his way back, he'd managed to capture more rabbits. Granted, rabbit wasn't overly nutritious, but it was a start for him. He'd smoked most of the rabbit outside of his tree house on the border. He'd even figured out how to cure the soft pelts. All in all, he was feeling good about himself. He paused with his gifts outside of Skye's house. He knew he had done wrong, been wrong. Ayasha had helped him see that. She'd even whispered away the butterflies, or the demons, whatever they were. Liam knew he had to try harder to resist them, that it wasn't normal. He licked his lips, knocking on the door. He had yet to speak to his father, but he would do that in time as well. He stepped back several steps, waiting for Skye to answer her door, holding a stack of soft cured rabbit pelts in one hand, and a canvas bag of rabbit jerky in the other hand.
[html]
hi!

The female was ready for her expedition today - she was going to search just outside the Cercatori lands, seeing which lands were worth exploring the most for new items, livestock, and plants. A crudely made but effective bag slung over her shoulder, her body bare save for her belt, on which her sharp dagger hung, and a determined look on her face, she swung the door open. She hadn't heard the knock, so she was surprised at the one who was at her door - Liam.

She had been keeping a watch on him through her own eyes and others', although he may not have known it. Not as close as she may like, but she did have other duties other than babysitting a misbehaved and disobedient teenager. Her determined look didn't falter, but a sterner look crossed her face - she still remembered their last conflict well.

"Liam," she said, an inquiring yet stern tone to her voice as she looked at the boy.

<style type="text/css">
.freebjuly16 b {font-weight:bold; color:#e6d4bf; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #514332; }
.freebjuly16 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.freebjuly16 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#d6ac69; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... uly16a.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #796246; padding: 130px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#59452d; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
His gaze was not quite on her feet, but more on her mid-section. As she opened the door, he swallowed again, his mouth suddenly very dry. She spoke his name, and it was almost a verbal slap. "Ma'am. I wanted to apologize...you were right. I acted poorly, and in bad taste. I brought you some rabbit jerky and some cured rabbit skins. I know I have a long way to go... but I hoped this would be a start." He offered her the said gifts, feeling anxious. In the back of his mind the butterflies whispered, and he ignored them. He was trying, he would keep trying. He wanted to look at her face, to gauge her reaction, but he left his eyes on her midriff. He wanted to be good, he wanted to be a good member of the pack. He would still leave in December to be with Ayasha, but he wanted to try and be a good member of the pack.