Their Family Doctor [part 1]
[html]

WC:000+
PP with Gemma and Tawny approved beforehand. It's mid-morning at this point.

Matteo would've loved to not work that day. He'd been so busy lately that time with the family was rare now. Alaki wasn't all that free either, constantly working now that he'd made it to his top rank. Camilla was gone most of the day, trying to figure out which rank tier she'd take up. He was left to himself, his job not really requiring he leave the den very often anyway.

Which sucked. Royally. Before, he had to spend time at the Stables every day. Now, he had nothing to do except read, practice and read some more.

Luckily Tawny was with him. He'd found a reason to leave the den at least, so the two had dressed (Teo had requested it of the girl, still not entirely okay with women going nude) and headed out to the storage caves. While there, Teo explained some of the herbs he grabbed to Tawny, though he was sure his babble went over her head sometimes.

On their way back to the den, the two dropped by the kitchen, grabbing some cooked meat for lunch and refilling some bottles with water. It wasn't until Matteo and Tawny were in the main hall that Teo's mood finally caved...

It was Gemma, heading back to her den with Jaden in her arms. She'd spotted him staring and her only response was a cruel show of teeth, a tight grip on her pup and a quickened pace. It broke his heart all over again. The rest of the trip back to the den was in awkward, heavy silence.

He pushed open the door with a loaded sigh, placing his bag down on the table in the living area. Mornings like this... He mumbled under his breath, not at all happy with how easily she'd effected him yet again. The sight of Jaden sparked various emotions and thoughts as it was, but when Gemma's hatred was mixed in, Teo felt beaten.

That same loaded sigh was uttered again as he sat down in the old recliner, the one with a side table and oil lamp beside it. He clicked his tongue softly, looking across at the satchel he'd set down and wondering numbly where he'd be putting everything he'd grabbed. Did herbs need to be kept cool?

<style> .AnaFK-22 .ooc {font-size:10px; font-style:italic;} .AnaFK-22 p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;} .AnaFK-22 b {font-family:verdana; color:#FFF; text-shadow:#000 0px 0px 3px; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;} .AnaFK-22 {background-color:#caccc9; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000; line-height:16px; width:476px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb29 ... uls/20.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:326px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; border-radius:8px; } .AnaFK-22-border {width:478px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}</style>[/html]
[html]

this table is so pretty. the post sucks ass. <3 +3

Once the pair was back in the room, Tawny watched Teo set the things down on the table and grump away, mumbling under his breath. She frowned and followed at a distance, picking at the big shirt he’d insisted on her wearing. The neck hole was too large and exposed her shoulder and part of her chest, and the bottom hemline fell to her knees, it was ridiculous. Clothes were something she’d never worn before and she still didn’t understand why she should! There was fur covering her body, what was the point in covering it further unless there was snow falling outside? Huffing, she tugged the faded red garment up and over her head before tossing it onto the table with the food and herbs. The girl flopped down onto the bed and stared up at the ceiling, ignoring the pain coming from her wounds as she lay in such an awkward position.

The girl tilted her head to the side and looked at her angel sitting in the big soft looking chair, his face showing a bit of sadness and distress. After a few minutes of letting him stew in his thoughts, she rolled onto her hands and knees and crawled over to him. Once she reached his side, she rested her head on his thigh and looked up at him with ‘puppy eyes’. "What wr-rong, Angel? W-why you s-so sad?" Her words were soft and slightly sad as well, wanting to make him feel better and take all the pain away. Teo was so good, in her eyes at least, and she didn’t understand how anyone could purposefully hurt him. Why would someone want to hurt him? Sighing, she shook her head a little and laid her ears down flat, eyes slightly watery as she stared up at him.

<style type="text/css">
.rsadtawny b {font-weight:bold; color:#5d511c; letter-spacing:1px; }
.rsadtawny .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.rsadtawny p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.rsadtawny {margin:0px auto; width:480px; background-color:#928e7b; background-image:url(http://i53.tinypic.com/2wdver5.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #818185; border-radius:20px; padding: 400px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#201f1b; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

That is a very lovely table. Teo feels so inspired by it, he just has to share his issues with Tawny. xD

Matteo would've loved to not work that day. He'd been so busy lately that time with the family was rare now.

Tawny was concerned. He snapped out of his thoughts when she came crawling over, watching her quietly until she settled herself with her head on his lap. Without putting much effort into it, he rested his hand in her hair, combing his fingers through the length of it and sighing.

Gemma. He muttered. She still hates me. He glared across the room at nothing, then thought for a moment; Tawny didn't know anything about what had gone on between them. She was new to the family issues. He figured she deserved to know.

She and I used to be... we were in love at one point, as corny as that may sound. He let his head fall back, closing his eyes and groaning. I still love her, even though I'm with Alaki now. But she hates me for being with him.. I chose him over her. I regret hurting her every day and I've tried to make it up to her but...

He paused, mulling over the latest drama that had unfolded. ...she gave me a son and daughter not long ago, but they died at birth. Ebony and Ivory. The memory hurt like a knife to the chest and he visably cringed. Her son, Jaden... he's my nephew and the only one who survived, but he's sick. I want to help her, help Jaden, but she won't let me anywhere near him.

...and she's with Giuseppe, my brother. Another once-bitten grimace. He wants me skinned. Even if she were to let me near Jaden, I'd have to deal with his anger afterwards. I don't think I'd survive that.

<style> .AnaFK-22 .ooc {font-size:10px; font-style:italic;} .AnaFK-22 p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;} .AnaFK-22 b {font-family:verdana; color:#FFF; text-shadow:#000 0px 0px 3px; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;} .AnaFK-22 {background-color:#caccc9; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000; line-height:16px; width:476px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb29 ... uls/20.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:326px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; border-radius:8px; } .AnaFK-22-border {width:478px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}</style>[/html]
[html]

this thread may turn out to be a bit more than just talking about Gemma and the twerp. Tawny can't help herself, she 'bout to go kung-fu up on someone's ass XD. +3

Angel put his hand on her head and stroked his fingers through her hair…it felt so good. This was some of the first positive physical contact she’d had in a long time. Other than Saul and Jace, she did not touch anyone, and even touching them was not a regular or sought after thing. Tawny felt like she was a burden upon her pack mates, and Teo’s pack…but she felt more comfortable with him than the former. Being around others had been a constant craving for her for a long time now, something that she refused to address and act on. Now that she had been brought into a situation where contact was ample and readily provided, she was eating it up.

The only thing Tawny understood as Matteo spoke was that someone hated him, someone loved him and that his puppies had died recently. Tears pooled in her eyes and slid down her brown furred cheeks, soaking in and making her face wet. Leaning up on her knees, she wrapped her arms around his waist and held onto him for a few moments, crying as she thought about losing tiny babies. She’d only seen a few babies before, but they were so sweet and adorable looking, just the thought of them dying had her heart clenching. It must have been horrible for Angel to lose them…so horrible. Shaking her head, she pulled away and looked up at him, still crying lightly, not knowing what to say. In an attempt to get the focus off of such sad things, she pulled up another of the things that he had said but she didn’t quite understand.

”Angel? …w-what is the way you…l-love Aki?” Her head tilted to the side as she looked up at him, smiling a little and reaching up with one small hand to wipe the excess moisture from her eyes. She’d taken to both males quickly, giggling often when Alaki acted grumpy or said something rude, he was just so silly. ”I love J-jace like a mommy, and Saul like he is my brother…” She was confused for a few moments, trying to think of the way she loved Alaki and Matteo. It was definitely not a familial love, and she just couldn’t figure it out.

Tawny’s eyes got really wide when he mentioned his brother. A low growl started in her chest and she stood up quickly, resulting in the bandage on her leg and stomach coming loose and the scabs tugging, some blood staining her fur again. Small hands balled into tight fists as she snarled, baring the edges of her teeth angrily, she couldn’t remember ever feeling this rage before. ”No one hurt my Angel! No more hurt!” She leaned close and reached out to touch his face, tracing her fingers over the scars gently, the rage in her eyes building higher. ”No, no, no…I hurt him ‘fore he hurt you!”

<style type="text/css">
.rsadtawny .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.rsadtawny {margin:0px auto; width:480px; background-color:#928e7b; background-image:url(http://i53.tinypic.com/2wdver5.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #818185; border-radius:20px; padding: 400px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#201f1b; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

P-P-Plot twist!

Alaki? He glanced at her eyes, searching for an answer in them; did she want to hear something specific like Gemma had? He feared the thought, not wanting another women fawning over him... when he couldn't, in any right, return the attention. It felt horrible, watching someone's heart break like that. He never wanted to see it again but Alaki...

He's my mate, Tawny. I love him very, very much. He smiled, reaching forward carefully and running an extra touch across her cheek, ridding her of anything left from her own wiping. Benedizione dolce ... non piangere per me, Tesoro. He murmured softly, hating to see her cry but refusing to let it show.

Then what he'd said about his brother seemed to catch up and she jerked upright, growling like before. She reached down carefully and traced that scar, the first he'd ever gotten, the one across his eye. The twisted skin prickled at the touch, almost uncomfortably, and he instinctively brought his face away from her hand, though he didn't flinch or look scorned.

When she spoke of hurting Giuseppe, a mixture of feelings came over him in an instant; protective rejection of the idea, spiteful excitement to feel backed, fearful worry for her safety if she tried. He stood up quickly and brought his hands to her shoulders, instantly serious.

No. He paused for a moment, collecting his thoughts. No, Tawny. I don't want you going anywhere near him. I'd be sick if anything ever happened to you. Concern laced his eyes, pushing his hackles up slightly in alarm.

In fact, the less he knows about you, the better. He wouldn't think twice about hurting you just to get to me. Don't risk it, okay? He traced his hands gently across her arms, relaxing his stare and muscles. Promise me, Tesoro.

[html]

hehe, ok...maybe get back on topic after this. xD +3

The rage flooding her body was insane, beyond anything she’d ever felt before. Just the thought of anyone touching Matteo in a harmful manner was absolutely absurd! Could they not see that he was beautiful and so sweet? Whoever this brother of his was would not be touching Teo while she was there, even if she got hurt in the process of protecting him. Tawny knew what it was like to be abused by someone who was supposed to love and protect her, and she had the scars on her little body to prove it just like Teo did. The girl could never wish that kind of pain on another, it was horrible to think about, much less live through. She continued to growl and looked as if she were about to bolt when Angel leapt up and grabbed her by the shoulders, causing her to flinch and duck her head a little bit.

Afraid that she had made Teo mad with her words and actions, the girl kept her head down, ears pinned back and her tail tucking tightly between her legs. Totally submissive and fearful. There was no need to fear punishment by way of physicality from her angel, but she didn’t want to upset him in a way that would have him mad at her for a long period of time. Shaking slightly, she peeked up at him as he began to speak. His words made her sad and frustrated, as she wanted to go find the brother and give him a good thrashing for leaving scars on Teo. Growling softly as he reprimanded and told her to not go after the man, she was hard pressed to promise anything.

Her head dropped forward again and she closed her eyes, thinking about the possible consequences of going to find and hurt the brother…the possibilities didn’t seem very good. Tawny didn’t really know how to fight other than snapping her teeth and swiping with her nails, and if the male was Matteo’s size or bigger she’d already lost. Sighing heavily, she nodded and felt her shoulder drop, the hair on the back of her neck laying down as the rage seeped out of her system. ”I p-promise…but if he comes here…I hurt him ‘fore he hurts you.” Her eyes narrowed into a small glare as she looked up at him, daring him to challenge her almost need to protect him. She’d have said the same about Alaki and Camilla, but the former didn’t need protecting and the latter was already well protected.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

Not vengeful at all.... right?

Tell you what, if he comes here, we'll both show him the door, m'kay? He smirked, loosening his grip completely and letting her go. He sat back onto the chair and sighed yet again, this time to conclude the topic.

As much as I hate what he did to me, Tawny, Giuseppe's still my brother. Or not. I don't want to see him suffer, just like I don't want Alaki or Camilla to. They're family... and at this point, they're the only family I've got around here. He couldn't think of Tawny as family; she was still too new to the den. He didn't even know if she'd be staying.

But he'd still wish the same for her, no pain or suffering. He felt for the girl. She'd come into his life wounded and desperately clinging to life. He couldn't look past that sometimes and no matter how much she acted in his defense, he felt like he was more responsible for her than she, him. That's how it went, right?

Besides, his sins will catch up to him eventually. I'm patient. I can hold off until that happens to be vengeful. He grinned stupidly at this, fully anticipating his brother's downfall and not at all guilty about enjoying the images it brought.

[html]

i'm so tired while reading this. it probably makes no damn sense. i'm sorry. <3 +3

She didn't have a great understanding of everything that Teo said, but enough of the words registered for her to piece together his meaning. Of course she would help him kick the mean man out of the cave! No way would he be staying, not unless big Alaki was there to protect them. Tawny knew for a fact that she would do whatever she coul dpossibly do to keep Matteo and Camilla safe from harm. She hadn't known them for a long time, but in the short while that they had been together the two had made her feel comfortable and at home...welcomed.

When Teo's tone changed and he sat back down, Tawny sighed and sank down to the ground, crossing her legs and resting her head on his legs again. He was talking about family, his brother and sister. The girl's eyes became a little bit sad and she sighed, looking away from his face. "My s-sissy died when I w-was a l-little puppy. Mommy and d-daddy hurted me a-after and then daddy died. Then mommy hurted me more, b-b-but she died too and I was all alone." She sniffled a little and snuggled closer to his legs, closing her eyes.

After being abused by her parents for so long, and then getting hurt by whatever canines she ever met while traveling, she wasn't one to trust lightly. Matteo still had family and one of them was hurting him just by being around. That fact pissed Tawny off to no end and in her ming, this Giuseppe person needed a good beating and a few scars. Teo wanted her to stay quiet and compliant though, so she would. A promise was a promise, after all.

Wanting to get off the topic of abusive family relations, she decided to talk about the beautiful white female that she'd coined as Gemma. "Gemma is prr...um...pretty? Yes. So pretty." Tawny smiled and tilted her head to the side, watching his facial expressions to gauge the severity of the things she was saying.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

Derpa

Her talk of her family, so abusive to her... he frowned and brought a hand back to her head, resting it there in a show of empathy. You're safe now, Tesoro. He murmured, feeling bad for having brought it up. The past is just memory.

Then she changed the topic after a few moments of silence and instead of feeling that familliar pain in his chest, Teo smiled. Yeah, he could agree with her there. Gemma was beautiful.

Probably one of the most beautiful I've ever met. He murmured in agreement, obviously in love with the girl. Then, as any Trovato would, he grinned down at Tawny with that oh-so-flamboyant flare. Someone as pretty as you saying that about her... that's a true compliment. Shameless.

Then he rested his head back again and closed his eyes, imagining that beautiful blue-eyed smile Gemma had once shown him, the one that always accompanied a sweet laugh or witty comeback. Normally women don't turn my head. I've just never had any interest, really. Gemma, though... she's one of a kind.

Then, like the lovesick pup he was, he fell into a ramble. God, I miss her laugh. And that smile. She was always so fun to be around, always had something to say. She's seen so much shit but she's so strong. More rambling followed, but most of it was muttered under his breath, eventually fading into silence as he mulled over the past he had with the woman, missing those moments now more than ever.

[html]

sorry for the wait. this can be my end post. Smile +3

Matteo's recounting of Gemma made Tawny smile and relax against him more, simply content to listen to the obvious reverence in his voice. Closing her eyes, she sighed and took in his words, mulling them over and storing them away in her memory for later. A small plan began to brew in her silly little brain, something to get the two of them together again. Even if it was only for a little while, she wanted to them to reconcile and get over this hate that seemed to radiate from the memories. Some bad things must have happened between the two of them to cause such strong, harsh emotions.

The last few words of reverence for Gemma he spoke were spoken so softly that her ears almost didn't catch them. Unfortunately Teo wasn't that lucky and a soft giggle escaped the girl's throat before she could stop it. "Y-you said bad word, Angel!" She burst out laughing and fell backwards, landing on her butt and bending her tail the wrong way. The laugh cut off abruptly with a yelp and she jumped up, rubbing at her bottom with a little pout on her face.

Smiling sheepishly, Tawny walked over to Teo and hugged him tightly before pulling back and walking towards the door. "I'm...g-gonna get a snack, kay?" She tilted her head to the side and smiled at him happily before slipping outside and moving back towards the kitchen area. From there she would find Gemma's scent or ask someone who lived in the caves where the beautiful white female lived. Hopefully Matteo’s evil brother wouldn’t be there or anywhere near, because the little girl didn’t know if she’d be able to contain the anger if she met him. Promise or not, she would not hesitate to hurt him if she saw him being mean to someone.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]