Shut up.
[html]

WC:000+
Loyalties mean nothing if it's only one-sided.

He'd had enough. Every day it was the same damn thing, over and over. Alaki would moan, bitch and complain about Teo's angst, which in the albino's mind was completely and totally justified; he'd lost his kids for Christ sake! In love with two people (make that three, thanks to Tawny's arrival) and he'd chosen the one who couldn't even spend time with his own daughter. Miwa needed her father, damn it!

Alaki would -have- to step up now, though. Teo had explained his intentions to Camilla, who understood and, though she didn't like it, she agreed to watch over Tawny, Miwa and Alaki while Matteo was gone. He'd be back someday... but not for a long, long time.

He'd packed his satchel with the bare essentials; a pair of flasks filled with water, an old blanket, a change of clothes and some dried meat. Next, he went to the stables and hitched a horse. He had full intentions to leave and go it alone, so he saddled up and led the horse out of the caves.

...as he left the caverns behind, he realized something; the trip would be terrible alone and he'd done nothing to fufill his promise to Gemma, to earn her forgiveness again.

So he tied the horse to a tree and headed back inside, grumbling as he went. His pace was so quick that he made it to the den she shared with Giuseppe in record time. Upon figuring that Giuseppe had gone out, he didn't bother knocking and just slipped in, eyes wide and alert, ears up, temper on edge.

Gemma?

<style> .AnaFK-22 .ooc {font-size:10px; font-style:italic;} .AnaFK-22 p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;} .AnaFK-22 b {font-family:verdana; color:#FFF; text-shadow:#000 0px 0px 3px; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;} .AnaFK-22 {background-color:#caccc9; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000; line-height:16px; width:476px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb29 ... uls/20.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:326px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; border-radius:8px; } .AnaFK-22-border {width:478px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC stuffs 3+

So many nights she had spent the same as this one, staring up at her son who slept upon his blanket, listening to the disturbing noises he made as he breathed in and out slowly. His tiny chest rose and fell unevenly, despite being over a month old he had the size of a pup less than half of his age, and had not shown any desire to open his eyes yet but despite of that he had learned to speak albeit limitedly, as she was thinking this he woke up. His labored breathing quickened and small head lifted from the blanket, blunt head wobbling about blindly

"Moma, moma hurt." The child whimpered in pain as he did everytime he woke up and her heart clenched and she picked him up and held him to him to her breast so he could feed, he resisted at first not bothered for food when his chest hurt him like it did but eventually relented to the will of his mother,

"I know, i know. Shhh.." The mother looked about herself grimly, Giuseppe had gone out to do god knows what. She had felt a changing within the man as he had begun to care for his weak son, he had become less a monster and more gentle now that ever before. Jaden had become particularly attached to him although none would ever surpass his mother. Movement at the door caught her eye and she had already opened her mouth to welcome Giuseppe back when the white fur made itself known. In a flash she was on her feet, her son clutched protectively to her chest, teeth bared,

"What do you want! Get out! You're not welcome here. She snarled the words and the pup in her hand whimpered at the loud voices, her tail lashed at the air agitatedly behind her.

<style>
.breakyourheart .ooc {font-style:italic;color:#96788d; }
.breakyourheart p {padding:3px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.breakyourheart b {font-weight:bold; color:#7e4a6f; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.breakyourheart {background-color:#e7e1e8; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat;}
.breakyourheart .text {font-family: courier new, georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#90888e; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; margin-top:-30px; text-align:justify; padding:-150px 0px 10px 0px; }
.breakyourheart-border {width:450px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

The cold hard truth of the matter.

Teo wasn't in the mood for this. The moment he saw her clutching what could've been his kid (as much as it could've been Giuseppe's, which people didn't seem to realize at all), he sighed audibly. Her words stung but he had full intentions of ignoring her hate for now. He had more important matters to attend to.

Gemma, calm down and listen a second, okay? He put up his hands defensively, keeping himself at a distance. Just, listen.

Then, before she could respond or tell him to leave again, he got right down to the naked truth of the matter.

Jaden's not going to get better here. The caves are dark and cold and not a good place for a sick pup. He's in pain every time I see him, including now. Mixed eyes glanced at the pup and a pang of hurt flooded through him. He hated seeing the kid so weak and troubled.

I want to help. This is the only offer I'll make though. I'm leaving Anathema. I'm sick of the drama. I'm sick of living in caves. I want the moon back. The sun.

He paused, then stood straighter. I want my family to have a chance at living instead of dwelling. Now, either you're going to swallow your pride and accept my offer, or else you'll get to sit here and watch as your son dies. Ouch. His tone wasn't hurtful, it was serious. He didn't want to scare her but sometimes it was the only way to get a point through quickly.

He had little time left. Giuseppe would be back soon. Alaki would notice Teo's not being there. He had to go. Come with me. Bring Jaden. I know where to find more advanced healers. They can help him. You've just gotta trust me, okay? I hurt you. I'm sorry. You have no idea how sorry I am.

Another pause, and this time his shoulders slumped. I don't want to see Jaden die. I don't want to see you lose another child. These caves won't help. He stifled any more words and held out his hand.

Run away with me.

<style> .AnaFK-22 .ooc {font-size:10px; font-style:italic;} .AnaFK-22 p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;} .AnaFK-22 b {font-family:verdana; color:#FFF; text-shadow:#000 0px 0px 3px; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;} .AnaFK-22 {background-color:#caccc9; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000; line-height:16px; width:476px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb29 ... uls/20.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:326px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; border-radius:8px; } .AnaFK-22-border {width:478px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}</style>[/html]
She regarded him suspiciously, the tilt of her lip curling up to bare teeth but otherwise didn't say or do anything else and let him speak. And speak he did, as he mentioned Jaden's impending death she clutched the pup tighter to her chest as though she could physically fight off his death herself. She knew what he said was true, within Anathema's walls Jaden would die but what better chance did he have in the outside world with no pack to turn to if things went downhill, what would happen if Matteo was killed? Then she was alone once again and in an even worse position than she was at the moment. Blue eyes turned downwards to her son,

'or else you'll get to sit here and watch as your son dies.' She flinched at these words, large coyote ears pulling back against her head and a long drawn out whine leaving her maw. The child looked up at her blindly sensing she was looking at him, his blunt head bumping against her collarbone and hands. Which choice was right? He was asking her to decide something about her life, she didn't like making her own decisions it usually ended badly for herself and anyone else involved, the reason she had been so happy with Giuseppe claiming ownership of her was that she didn't have to make hr own decisions, the dark coydog would make them for her.

The child descended into another coughing fit prompted by the dust and his narrow airway and she realised that if she loved her son then there was only one choice, she had to leave for the sake of her child. Determination and decision flared in her purest blue eyes, she held him until his coughs had decreased into weak whimpers of pain. She was about to embark on a journey to god knows where with nothing to her name, not even clothes to wear or food to eat, was she fucking crazy? Most definitely.

The woman stepped forwards and placed her petite hand into his,

"Okay, where are we going?" Maybe she had not forgiven him, not completely it still hurt too much but she wasn't willing to trade her son's life for a grudge.
[html]

I'm thinking of turning this into an entire lasky storyline. xD Teo and Gemma's adventures in this timeline. Plenty of fade-to-blacks and time skips. What do you say?

It seemed forever a time before she decided and finally, she took his hand in hers. He gave a firm squeeze and relaxed his shoulders a touch, glad she'd be coming with. Scared of the journey ahead.

He pulled her gently out the door, ears trained for the sounds of footfalls, in case Giuseppe returned. New York. A simple answer. I've heard tell from sailors that they have a hospital there. A real one. He glanced down at Jaden as they moved along, ears flicking in concern. They'll be able to do more for him than any northern healer could.

Their first stop was to be the Stables, for a second horse. They had a long journey ahead, possibly even months, but Matteo knew enough now from Demi's journals to keep Jaden alive until then. With luck, they'd make it there before the snow.

You'll take one of Giuseppe's mares. They'll take to you better. He'd taken the pack's mare, though he felt bad for doing so. We'll travel during the day for now and bed at night. I have plenty of furs and leathers. We'll be fine. He also knew how to hunt pretty well. And trading... he'd keep them fit for travel, at the very least.

sorry for taking so long, i had a collapse of muse for everything. And yeess Lasky adventure sounds fun Tongue

She let him lead her wherever he was going, New York? For some reason she had been sure he was going to say Italy but then why would he take her, the whorish slut, back to a place of grandeur and modesty with her sick bastard son, he would be disgraced and she left out in the cold. A frown came over her face and she almost said something. Almost. Their journey to the stables was fast, both of them traveling on light feet. The scent of hay and horse manure washed over her and she grimaced, disliking the combination. The snorts and whinnys of the horses made her nervous, horses in general made her nervous, apart from Hanna's horse the only one she'd had any experience with had tried to stomp her to death, and he wanted her to ride one? She interrupted him, her nervousness tinging her voice,

"I' don't know how to ride a horse." She shuffled her feet, dust rising up in small clouds from the floor. Jaden wriggled and moved his head about blindly in her hands, complaining quietly about the lack of something soft for him to lay on.