Our Song
[html]
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i278/ ... re/lat.png); background-position: center top; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

He had been living in the dorms of the old college, debating his choices. Find his sister, or stay here. Or...better yet, bring his sister back here with him, so she could live here too and they could be happy. The Prince sighed softly, rubbing his hand across his scalp, dragging his nails lightly across the sensitive flesh to bring his brain's attention away from the growing headache. He hated this. He didn't want to leave the lands, they were welcome and they were home. Most importantly, perhaps, was the sole reason he was debating with himself to leave or stay.

The cream and black figure of the smaller male was frequently on his mind. Their relationship was one of good natured friends, and Laurent couldn't mess that up.....he just couldn't. Knowing that Jasper was shy and cautious, Laurent couldn't let his own feelings overpower the smaller male; he only wanted to protect his friend, and if that meant protecting him from Laurent himself, well, that was exactly what the brown and black male would do.

He exited the room he had been staying in, taking his time to reach the quarter grounds of the college. He kept his walk short, brief, just enough to give him some fresh air and a cleared head. But then, when it came to Jasper, his mind was never very clear at all.
table by Akumu
[/html]
[html]
Jasper had, by all rights, thought that Laurent had just up and disappeared. He hadn't seen the older male since that day at the college, his sister as well, and somehow felt that perhaps he might have been the reason that they both had disappeared. The little 'meeting' had confused Jasper and made him feel bad, he would have loved for them to get along, but after what Anka said he knew that it wasn't likely. The prospect that Laurent might actually still be around hadn't hit Jasper until after the night that he'd spent some time with his father, when they had finally discovered that Jasper could no longer smell.

Maybe he just wasn't looking hard enough? It was true that he hadn't put as much effort in to it as he should have. The prospect of Laurent having disappeared had made him wither inside, unwilling to do much more than sit around and mope for the longest time. Now would be different though, he had decided, which was why the timid male was on the search for his friend. The only place he could think to look was the last place that they had seen each other, the college, and if he wasn't there then he would just extend off from that area. It would be 'base' in a way, he supposed.

The young male moved off along the grounds of the college, having left his wagon behind where he and his father usually stayed. Maybe he would find him, maybe not. If he did, though, perhaps he could convince the older male to come and stay with his and his father. Jasper just so happened to be walking the opposite way of Laurent, searching the wrong side of the grounds. He had no clue that the other male was just behind him, going the opposite way, and his nose couldn't tell him that. "Laurent?" He called out. It was worth a shot.

[/html]
[html]
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i278/ ... re/lat.png); background-position: center top; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

it hurt in many ways to be so reclusive, but Laurent had always been that way. He came and went without too much thought, and only now did he stay because he just couldn't leave Jasper alone. He didn't want to leave him. this had never happened in his life; their first parting had been easy enough because they both were on the move. This time, it was hard to even consider it. The burly male had an inclination why, but he still wasn't willing to face the facts.

He was excited, however, when the sound of the boy's soft call reached his ears. His tail began to wag and he quickly approached the boy, knowing the lands he had been calling home well enough that he was able to sneak up on Jasper without too much of a wait. He let out a low call before he approached, wrapping the boy in a hug from behind. "I've missed you!" He said, his voice a little too loud and a little too enthusiastic; he just as easily could have gone out looking...even though he hardly knew a thing of the area. "I hope you're not mad that I haven't come to find you...." He said softly. Laurent was sure from how Jasper's sister had acted that he wasn't welcomed by Jasper's family very much.
table by Akumu
[/html]
[html]
It was only after coming to the realization that he could no longer smell that it became a problem. It was hard to find people, hard to find certain places and things, and he knew that it was something that would be increasingly frustrating. It was as easy as following the older male's scent or, at least, it would have been had that been a possibility any longer. Jasper didn't hear the older coming at all, simply continued on at his slow pace, wanting to make sure that he took his time looking as not to miss his friend in the case that he was actually around.

The low call was the first thing to catch his attention and, when he was just about to turn and look, he was scooped up by arms and unable to. The color of the fur that lined those arms though, they told Jasper exactly who it was, and his tail went into a full speed wag before he even heard the voice. "I missed you too!" He practically squeaked, the excitement in him quite obvious by the way that he struggled to shift his head around just enough to see his friend's face. Laurent spoke again though, quiet, and Jasper's excitement died off into a more content sort of feeling. He rested his head back against Laurent then, arms shaking slightly as they came to lay over top of Laurent's arms. "I'm not mad.." He assured him softly. Honestly, he was quite ecstatic.

[/html]
[html]

It felt amazing to wrap Jasper up in his arms. Just seeing the boy was enough, but having him not protest Laurent's embrace was even better! Jasper seemed happy to see him, why else would he have even called for him? Laurent took the moment to nuzzle into the creamy fur of Jaspers neck, just enjoy the moment rather indulgently. 'I"m so happy to see you!" He said quietly, tail thumping against his leg. Jasper said he wasn't mad; and it was a great relief, Laurent let out a sigh 'I didn't think your family would want me around much...." he said truthfully. 'And you know I tend to hole up alone and not even realize it...." Excuses excuses!

'But now we're here, together. So it doesn't matter." At least, that was the burly brute's mentality. 'What have you been doing lately?" he asked, wanting to keep up to date on his friend's life. 'I was thinking about trying to track my sister Alarice down....I had heard she was part of Jaded Shadows for awhile....but then the fire took that away too." he said softly. He almost felt ashamed voicing his thoughts to Jasper....admitting he had thought about leaving. But now though, his arms circling the smaller male, he found it quite impossible.
table by Akumu
[/html]
[html]
It would have been completely simple for Jasper to drown forever in the feeling of Laurent's arms around it. It was comforting and exciting and frightening and wonderful all at once and the younger male simply couldn't fight off the feels that tried to pull him in. The larger male spoke of Jasper's family then, which caused Jasper to turn his head slightly, though keeping it against Laurent's chest, to look up at his face. He was quiet then, unsure what to say because he didn't want to make himself look horrid. Quite frankly, Jasper didn't give a damn about what Anka thought about Laruent. For once in his life Jasper wanted to be selfish, he wanted his friend around no matter what anyone else thought.

Instead of giving Jasper a chance to say something, which he was very much glad for, Laurent spoke up yet again, this time questioning what he had been doing. The question immediately took the life out of him, though at no fault of his friend. His ears dropped back in a sad sort of way, eyes finding themselves quickly away from his friend's face. "Nothing." He said quietly, downcast and voice tainted with pain. It was very obvious that something was wrong but, Jasper being Jasper, was ashamed of what all had happened.

[/html]
[html]

He knew instantly that his question hadnt been what the younger male wanted to hear. His own ears followed suit, attentively intune with his companion's feelings. He knew that 'Is everything Okay?" He asked, knowing the answer already. Something had happened, perhaps something bad or something that Jasper jsut wanted to take back. Either way, it left Laurent feeling over protective and more upset with himself for not beng there to help his friend.
table by Akumu
[/html]
[html]
There were things that he would have to tell Laurent. Things that he would have to admit that, perhaps, he would have rather his friend not known. He couldn't lie though, couldn't keep things from him, and a feeling of dread filled him at the prospect that his friend would be finding out these things. Jasper pulled away from his friend after a moment, turning around in his arms to face him. It didn't do much good, he supposed, since he couldn't bring himself to look at his friends face, and instead kept his head tucked down, gazing at his own hands that held each other against his stomach.

"Before the fire, I got drunk one night and had sex with someone.." His words were quiet, nervous. One strike down. "I couldn't really remember much..but I went to try and find him.." Second strike, it was a him. "I guess he had a mate or something then, and she knew about it." Finally, with tears falling down his face, he lifted his head to look at Laurent, pleading in his eyes as he spoke. "I didn't mean to hurt anyone and she was so angry but I didn't know! I didn't even know what I was doing!" Desperate words, wanting him so badly to understand that he really didn't mean to hurt anyone. He looked down once more then, calming and growing quiet. "She said..I could make it better and make it all go away. If I did what she wanted then it would be okay. I didn't want to do it but before I could say something she just started touching me. She got on top of me and did things." He paused then, wrinkling his nose in a sniffle. "And when she was done she wanted me on top of her to finish but..I..I couldn't...and she made fun of me.." He lifted a hand then, wiping away the tears that brimmed over one eye. "I didn't even want to anyways.."

[/html]
[html]

He broke loose of the embrace and turned to face him; Laurent knew instantly that something had been really wrong. He didn't expect Jasper to meet his gaze, but at the same moment, he didn't want him to. Jasper had been through a lot before, a lot of stuff that Laurent couldn't really fathom. Seeing Jasper hurting even more made Laurent's heart start pounding and made him begin to grow gently. he listened, trying not to interrupt, his heart demanding that he did something to protect Jasper from the world. Laurent refused to allow his friend to be hurt, and it was for selfish reasons that he wanted to keep Jasper there, with him, safe and sound. "I will kill that bitch." He said darkly, his voice perhaps the lowest it had ever been, the darkest it had ever been.

Rage pounded through his veins, but his actions were surprisingly gently. He lifted a hand, carefully brushing the tears way from Jaspers face, wishing he could comfort him somehow. "She had no right to make you do anything....and you didn't do anything wrong. Someone who would take advantage of another person...they're just...." He paused, another ripple of a growl escaping his throat. "They don't deserve to live." This was no doubt the angriest that Jasper had ever seen Laurent. But the Prince didn't care. "Where does she live?" No doubt he would be making a visit later that day, one that wouldn't end so well at all.
table by Akumu
[/html]
[html]
Thin hands trembled as fingers pulled tears away from his eyes. Finally he just gave up, dropping his arms as dead weight to his sides. Laurent finally spoke, dark and angry much like his father's voice had been, and it frightened the younger male the slightest bit. Not frightened of his friend, of course, but Jasper had never been one to like the sound of angry voices. Again, as with his father, the words were strikingly similar. It wasn't his fault, they'd both told him that, but somewhere in the pits of his stomach, he felt like it was all his fault. It was his fault for doing something so stupid and then to go looking for the other person.

He pressed his head into the tender touch of Laurent's hand, rubbing it there for a moment before finally giving up and going forward, pressing himself against his friend. He buried his head into Laurent's chest, hiding away from the world in a place that felt safe to him, and sniffled quietly to himself. "Twilight Vale." He spoke the name quietly, slightly muffled by the fur in his face. Then, after a quiet moment, Jasper lifted his head, watching his friend with pleading in his eyes once more. "Please don't leave me here."

[/html]
[html]

"My boy..." His throat rumbled slightly, and it wasn't said out of the affection of an older man to a younger man, it was said in the hushed, whispered tones a lover might share with their closest and most beloved. "I cannot, simply cannot leave you." His arms encircled the smaller male, holding him close, breathing in his scent it was all Laurent could do to keep himself from kissing the de le Poer.

Laurent sighed softly, resting his head peacefully atop Jasper's head. A hand lifted, gently toying with the boy's dark hair, playing with it, a habit that Laurent had adopted for himself and now used on his friend.
table by Akumu
[/html]
[html]
There was comfort there, in the arms of his friend. Even with that comfort though, there was something else nagging at the back of his mind. He leaned in to his friend more then, burying his face in his fur, cursing himself for not being able to drown himself in Laurent's scent. The touch was fine with him though, more than he could ever ask for, and Jasper was losing himself in it. His words were comforting because, beyond all things, Jasper hated being alone and, if he could have chosen someone to always be with him, it would have been Laurent.

"I love you Laurent.." He managed finally, a whisper released into the fur of the older male's chest. It would be easy to tell, if his friend even heard it at all, that it wasn't just a friendly sort of love, either.

[/html]
[html]

He stopped himself from crushing Jasper to him, all too aware in that moment of their size difference. Laurent felt every murmur of Jasper's heart, and wondered if the boy could feel his own heart pounding so strongly in his chest. The "I'd do anything for you..." he began quietly, his voice fierce and raw. "I"d do anything for you; anything you wanted. Fight the world itself to keep you safe..." He said quietly. "I can't leave you here....because my heart can't stand being away from you. I can't stand knowing someone else put their arms around you, held you close." he said softly, pressing his face into the creamy pelt of his only love.

"All my life I was told I was royalty; my mother has royal blood, and I was expected to be their Prince....it's worthless, all of it, without you there." He said. "I want a life with only you...a family with you. You're everything I've ever wanted and more..." His voice was husky and deep, a tinge of depth and raw emotions only enhancing it. "Jasper, I love you."
table by Akumu
[/html]
[html]
He had been frightened of what Laurent might think. First to find out that he liked guys, which was only something that Jasper had recently come to accept, but then to find out that Jasper was in love with him. He'd taken a chance, perhaps what some people might have seen as a stupid chance, of losing his friend forever. Jasper expected his friend to be disgusted, sickened by him, but when he had hinted at the fact and pretty much told him that he was gay because he'd slept with a male, he hadn't gotten that reaction. Now though, that Jasper was admitting that he loved him, things could possibly change for the worst, which was why he was pressed against his friend so hard, treasuring the moment if it was to be the very last he had with him.

His friend's words pushed away the deep fear that he had though, causing his ears to list and his eyes to open in such amazement that he thought the world would fall down around him. It was an odd sort of feeling that filled him as Laurent continued to speak, unsure if he should embrace the man or jump for joy. In the end, after the words faded away, he had decided on both. Tears streamed freely, happy tears, and Jasper lept up, wrapping his arms around Laurent's neck. Luckily for Jasper, Laurent's arms were already around him, so when his feet left the ground to wrap around his friend, he was already supported. He buried his head in the crook of the older male's neck then, whispering quietly. "I was afraid you'd hate me.."

[/html]
[html]

"My Darling Dear...I could never." He was strong, and he had always been strong. Supporting Jasper was nothing to him, his bulk was easily melted into the softer body of his smaller companion. Laurent moved his arms slightly to more easily hold the male up, nuzzling into the tender flesh of the cream boy as a small smile grew on his face. "You never knew?" He asked softly, feeling foolish for waiting so long. Had he said earlier, he might have saved Jasper the pain he had gone through. "oh Jasper...it's been so long....I didn't know how you would take it....if you would have me..." He said softly, almost shamefully.

They could have been happy for so long, together. But Jasper, like Laurent himself, and been afraid, and so both had held it inside until it could be hidden no more. "I've loved you for so long, and just never....never known how to tell you. Or maybe never realized it myself...." Sheepishly e laughed, taking a moment to lick at the salty tears of the smaller male. "When I heard what she did to you, I was so mad...and I realized why. I was mad because I hadn't been there to protect the one I love most..."
table by Akumu
[/html]
[html]
He'd always wondered, even since the day that he first met Laurent, why he couldn't be as strong as his friend. Maybe not as strong physically, but more emotionally than anything. He'd hardly ever seen anything affect him such a way that he wasn't happy, at least not really, until the moment that he'd told Laurent what had happened. That reaction, in and of itself, made Jasper feel like he was finally worth something to someone. "Of course I would.." He admitted quietly, nuzzling his head into whatever part of Laurent that he could manage to reach.

Once Laurent finished speaking Jasper drew his head back, far enough so that he could look at him, and for a brief moment he smile. "I'm okay.." He wanted to reassure him of that, because it hadn't been Laurent that had made the stupid choices, nor had he been the one that had felt so horrible at the prospect of hurting someone else. "It's okay now, right?" He asked then, tilting his head slightly to the side. Everything was supposed to be okay now, wasn't it?

[/html]
[html]

Laurent felt giddy. There was a buzzing at the back of his head, and he didn't want to fight it. He was happy to be there, just holding on to dear life to Jasper, and letting Jasper do the very same. "If it's not okay, then I'll do everything I can to make it okay." Laurent said gently, nuzzling into the boy's flesh again. He took his time, gently nibbling on the tender area of his neck, wondering what exactly that would make them. Would they be boyfriends? Mates? Lovers? Laurent didn't care, all he needed was to know that Jasper loved him. If it meant doing battle against an entire pack to get him the justice he deserved, then so be it. Laurent would be happy to go to war for Jasper, just to see the boy smile.

In many ways, some would assume that Laurent was the powerful one of the couple. How foolish to assume that though, because it was clear as day yhat Jasper was capable of pulling all the strings. "I'm yours, Jasper....yours for as long as you'll have me."
table by Akumu
[/html]
[html]
Laurent might have laughed had he found out just exactly how many times Jasper had dreamed about the moment or imagined it in his head, just being there in his arms. Really, now Jasper could laugh at it, but only because it was coming true. The more he was there, the wider that his smile grew and the tears that had once been were quick to dry up and go away. His tail moved behind him in a pleasantly furious wag, though as Laurent began to nibble along his neck, the wagging slowed. It was a faint motion and his head shifted off to the side, encouraging the sudden nice feeling, nose pressing itself into the collar bone of the larger male.

After a few short moments of indulging in the feeling, his own tongue snaked from between his lips and carressed the fur there, following the bone each time it slipped forward. The words did not go unnoticed, of course, but Jasper didn't feel the need to say anything. Laurent would know, if he didn't know already, that Jasper wanted nothing more than to be with him always.
[/html]
[html]

Words were no longer needed. Laurent had the world in his arms, and every action Jasper performed against him only soothed him further. Laurent had a content smile on his face, and wondered exactly what would come next. Naive perhaps, but the larger of the two males wasn't like so many who had tried to take advantage of Jasper. Laurent was cautious, perhaps overly so, because he was so desperate for everything between them to be perfect. Nibbling gently on the male's ear, he was cautious before asking. "Do you want to stay with me?" He hoped so. He wanted it so much, wanted Jasper and wanted them. This was the chance that both had secretly been hoping for for so long, and it was no shock that now they had it, everything was destined to go right.
table by Akumu
[/html]
[html]
Jasper was so enthralled in the moment that his eyes had quickly fallen shut, continuing to work with his tongue in that one small area, not wanting to move his head in a way that would make Laurent quit what he was doing. Laurent eventually moved on, this time to his ear, and the younger male leaned his head lightly into the actions, only stopping his own when the larger male spoke up. "Yes.." And it was as simple as that. No hesitation, no question. There wasn't anywhere that Jasper would rather be.

[/html]