a glimmer of chance
[html]

Home had become a place of sorrow. His children were safe (with the exception of Noah, who he knew nothing of at this point, as he had been gone for so long), his mate was safe, but their house had been drenched in grief after the raid by AniWaya on Cour des Miracles. As much as he had not gotten along with his mate's brother, the dog King was saddened by what had happened. Zafier had hated him, but they had seemed to come to an understanding as of late. Now, the man was dead and that was the end of it. Vigilante knew it was killing Ayita and Amaranth.

Vigilante had always thought of AniWaya in good mind, but now, things had been changed drastically. After ensuring the safety of his mate and children, leaving her with Princess to help care for Skoll, Hati, and Lottie, the dog King had left the Miracles lands with heavy heart. There was a mission in mind now, one that would hopefully lead to securing both the kingdom and the dreaming pack. He had discussed it with Strelein and his council, and this was the best option. They needed to do something.

As he approached the territory, Vigilante lifted his head and called for Savina. They had never met, but it was high time that they did now that their packs were being threatened.

<style type="text/css">
.vigitrans001 b {font-weight:bold; color:#000000; letter-spacing:1px; }
.vigitrans001 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.vigitrans001 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.vigitrans001 {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:none; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... able-1.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 15px 0px 15px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

The day after she and Anu had talked about what to do, another raid had been launched against them. Thankfully it had not been nearly as large-scale as the first assault, but they had still sustained a loss: her daughter. If only she had been there. She would have ripped the AniWayans who had dared to set a hand on Cambria apart. The bastards had been sneaky though, coming in and grabbing Cambria along with some goats before fleeing back into the night. This new stab at her home—and particularly her family—had reignited the flame of the Consul's anger and outrage at Maska and his despicable goons. Savina wanted to strike back and make them pay dearly for all they had done to her home. One problem still remained however: her members were not fighters.

The Marino woman was stalking the borders in a temper when the call rose up through the air for her. The voice was one unfamiliar to her, but there was no mistaking it was calling her specifically. Curious and cautious, the secui-formed female made her way to the place where the call had originated from to see a doggish looking man standing upon the edge of her land. Emerald eyes looked him over skeptically, but her nose told her that he belonged to Cour des Miracles off to the east where two of Anu's sons lived.

She relaxed a bit as she came up to him, though it was clear she was not completely letting her guard down. I am Savina, the Consul of Crimson Dreams. What brings you here to call upon me?

<style type="text/css">
.erinfreeebb2 b {font-weight:bold; color:#c1ad9c; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #251b15; }
.erinfreeebb2 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.erinfreeebb2 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#251b15; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/5Rx8e.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #1c1410; padding: 200px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#746355; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #000000; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
.erinfreeebb2 p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.erinfreeebb2 p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
---

[/html]
[html]

300+

Vigilante did not know how terribly the Dreamers had been hit, just as they did not know what was going on in the kingdom. The King had been angered by the attack by the tribal wolves, but the anger had been over-ridden by the shock of losing his mate's brother. They had come in retaliation for the release of Foxglove; that much was obvious. The tribe had not been successful, so his great-niece was still free, but it had been at a great price. This situation was simply terrible, and that was all.

The leadership of Crimson Dreams did not leave him waiting for long, and Vigilante suspected she had been close by already. In times like these, patrols would surely be up, just as they were in the kingdom. He adjusted his stance to be fairly submissive, an act of a leader meeting a leader on their territory, just as he had when he had met Anu for the first time. The King was not aware of her release from the tribe; if he had been, he would have called for her, as well.

"I am Vigilante Haskel, King of Cour des Miracles. I wish we could have met in better times, Miss Marino," he said in greeting. "I have heard of the troubles AniWaya has been causing you, and I know of Anu's capture. They also had one of our own, though she is a member of the tribe, held captive for being a hybrid. I led a small group in the night, alongside Haven, in an attempt to rescue them, but we only succeeded in rescuing Foxglove before we were fought off. Now, they've raided us and destroyed a part of our territory, and they have killed my mate's brother," the last bit was said with a bitter sadness.

"I am here," he continued, "to propose an alliance between the kingdom and your pack. We need to do something about Maska and the tribe—we cannot live like this."

<style type="text/css">
.vigitrans001 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.vigitrans001 {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:none; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... able-1.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 15px 0px 15px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

The show of respect was the last thing she needed to put her nerves at ease. Of course someone from AniWaya would likely not be approaching her pack from this side of the territory, but one could never be too careful in times of war. Savina did not have an inflated ego about her importance, but they had just regained their Praetor, what would happen to the Dreamer's morale if something happened to their Consul? The hybrid man introduced himself as the leader of the neighboring pack to the east. It was good to finally meet the man even if, as he said, it would have been more pleasant in different circumstances.

The raven Italian stayed silent as the fellow alpha said his piece. It came as a bit of a surprise to learn that Cour des Miracles had become involved in this conflict as well. Though as she thought about it, perhaps it really was not so shocking. Someone like Maska surely would not be content with simply causing grief to one pack. To learn their views on hybrids was also despicable. I also wish we could have met at a better time, but it is good to finally make your acquaintance. Anu has actually returned to us now, she escaped with the help of some of Maska's dissenters. I thank you for attempting to rescue her though. It was sad to hear that the same strife Crimson Dreams had felt was now felt by Vigilante's pack. I am sorry to hear of your losses. They recently raided us again, and captured one of my daughters... she said, a dark look passing over her face.

At his proposal of an alliance, the Consul's ears perked. Was this it? Was this the answer to the dilemma she had been facing? Separate, they could be easy targets, but if they rallied together... I agree, and I accept your offer. My members have strong spirits, but we are not fighters here. There is only so much we can do on our own. Looking at the King with more interest in her bejeweled orbs she asked, Do you have something in mind?

<style type="text/css">
.erinfreeebb2 b {font-weight:bold; color:#c1ad9c; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #251b15; }
.erinfreeebb2 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#251b15; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/5Rx8e.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #1c1410; padding: 200px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#746355; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #000000; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
300+

[/html]
[html]

The dog King worried greatly now for the safety of his pack, particularly after the loss of his brother-in-law, but the prospect of an alliance with Crimson Dreams brought a hope that he had not been willing to cling to until it had been confirmed. Vigilante was glad that Savina seemed so willing. The two packs had always been on good terms with one another, and this seemed like a step towards safety for both.

"I am glad that Anu is safe; I'm sure Haven and Alder will both appreciate knowing that," he said, tone tinged with relief. He had been worried for Anu as well, considering her one of his better acquaintances in the area. It was disheartening to know that they had taken another of the Dreamers captive, however. "I am sorry for your daughter's capture. Hopefully she will be freed soon. I do not think we should wait very long," he added, slowly coming around to the subject again.

There was no denying that something needed to be done about Maska. Simply rescuing the prisoners was not enough, for the tribe would continue to retaliate. The two packs needed to end his reign if they wanted to see peace again. "I propose we take both of our packs in, any fighters you have. This won't end until Maska is no longer in charge, whether he is dethroned or killed."

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

The help of another pack was precisely the thing Crimson Dreams needed at this point in its history. They simply could not stop Maska and his Guardians on their own. She was thankful that Vigilante had thought to come here and talk to her. The Marino had been ignorant to the fact that their neighbors to the east had become targeted by the tribe as well and so would never have thought to ask for their allegiance. As much as Savina had known that her pack needed help, she hadn't wanted to drag someone else into this awful conflict. Cour des Miracles was already at odds with AniWaya though, and so joining forces was the most logical—and best—resort for both of them.

Savina nodded. Anu's safe return to their home had been a relief that words could not describe. Not only was she one of their leaders, but she was a dear friend to all and the Dreamers had missed her presence keenly. Yes, please tell them both she is safe if you see them. I don't know if they would have heard the news or not. Mati might have gone to tell her brothers under different circumstances, but with her mate now captured the Consul doubted she had done so. No, we should not, and I do not believe we can. This had been going on for far too long already. The strain of it all would soon bring Crimson Dreams to its breaking point.

The raven woman listened as Vigilante briefly outlined what he thought they should do, and she had to agree with his ideas. I agree. Maska is the problem and we must get rid of him, one way or another, A shadow flitted behind emerald eyes as the monster stirred in her chest, wanting the tyrant's blood. Once you gather your members, you can all meet us here and we can plan and go in together. It surely would not take long for them to round up their packmates who wished to an end to this ugly conflict.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
300+

[/html]