Pup points query
I was just wondering, if a wolf found a pup with a dead mother, a very young pup (say like a week old or the mom had died in child birth, around that age) that they decided to take in and look after and raise, would that require a puppy point to be used?
No puppy points. It would simply count as a NPC. Note that this only works with one puppy, as you can't have more than one canine NPC character without a plot-relevant, administrative-approved reasoning. C:

Also: you would not be able to list this puppy on the Open Character list if you wanted to find it a player. Only puppies born on board can be listed there; off-board born characters can only be listed at 7 months of age or older. You are, however, totally free to advertise this puppy in your signature or other personal means of advertisement.

Hope that helps, lemme know if you have anything else. C:
No. Puppy points cannot be used in this manner.

However, if it is just one pup and the character looking to raise it does not have another NPC, this scenario is acceptable and the pup can be taken on as an NPC. This pup would not have any of the benefits of puppies born on-board with puppy points though, such as being listed in the Open Character list prior to being 7 months of age.

-- Kiri
GODDAMMIT SIE. 8|
SHAZAAAAAAM. WHAT.

SHADOW-POSTER EXTRAORDINAIRE HERE.

<3yourface
Big Grin Thanks guys, that really helps, I am doing some plotting, but it wont be starting until at least after the war is done *evil plotter* Big Grin Also you two are the most awesome shadow posters XD
phssshhtt kiri doesn't shadowpost Sie, so it's all sie Tongue
I have considered a similar... thing... with Orin for a little while but it was just before puppies born off-board were restricted from the open characters list, so I never went forward with it.

Expanding upon the question, if the puppy were brought in with an RPer (once approved for another character of course) would puppy points then have to be used, or would it have to count on the NPC thing? Or would it just then be someone's character and everything's all honkey magoo?
If the puppy is not explicitly conceived and born onto the board, then no puppy points are required.

A character may bring in or acquire a single puppy as a normal NPC at any time.