Do you know me? [Leader needed]
[html]
No problem at all, like I said, any other problems, either put it in your OOC here or PM me, I'll try to get back to you as soon as possible, if it's anything urgent PM me though, because I check those the most.

The sable mother listened with horror as Nightkeeper unveiled the reasons behind her brother's death, Soran was disgusted, how could a mother stand idly by and allow her mate to do such a thing to her offspring? Had it been Soran, no matter which pup it had been, even the litter that had been conceieved in rape, she would have torn the attacking wolf into pieces, she would have made them wish that they had never been born. That was a mother's instinct though, the need to protect their children, the need to love them and keep them safe from things that might harm them. Of course Soran herself did not come from the best family for such things, her father had been a psychopath and under the delusion that all black wolves were evil, when his ebony pelted daughter had been born alongside four dead siblings (all grey) he had become furious and killed her mother, simply for carrying Soran in her womb. Soran understood the evil that fathers could somehow bring, her own eldest litter's father had also been a murderer and a lunatic, it seemed that it was something the Aatte women could be doomed to endure, at least Mati seemed to be breaking the pattern. Even though Soran had lived a long time and had seen much in that time, many horrors, many terrible, terrible acts she could not help but be more than alarmed at what had happened. Soran had perhaps felt even more protective towards the "runt" of her last litter, Kiwi had always been so much smaller and quieter than her siblings, but that had made her mother watch her more closely, encourage her more often, train her in things she was interested in. The dark Aedile could not imagine being any other way, she knew that in the past runts had been killed or allowed to die off, or prove themselves to be strong, but the idea of actually killing, or hurting your own child made Soran's face fill with fury... and guilt. The truth of the matter was that Soran had killed one of her own pups when he had been born, he had been born with the same breathing problems that his elder sister had had, she had survived for around ten minutes, Soran had been unable to watch him suffer and struggle through those minutes, so she had killed him, it had been the kindest thing, but a little part of the dark lady could never forgive herself.

"I am so sorry to hear that Nightkeeper, it must have been the most awful thing that you'll ever have to endure. My father was a lunatic himself, he killed my mother, my adoptive mother and my adoptive brother all in the pursuit of me. He believed that I was evil because of my pelt colour." The lady replied, giving Nightkeeper a gentle, comforting squeeze on her shoulder. Her own honesty surprised her, she was usually an honest creature, but it usually took a lot more coaxing to have her mention that, there were very few wolves who knew that tale and almost all of them were either dead or had left the lands now. Soran gave a sigh and began to walk into the lands, keeping a careful pace with the girl, in case the newcomer felt that she was rushing off and leaving her, which was far from the dark wolf's intentions. The girl spoke and said that she wished to go towards the house, Soran nodded her ebony head in reply.
"The house it is then, come along, we shall cut across this way." Soran replied, moving towards the centre of the lands where the house was situated. The girl spoke again, saying that she wished to know what she was up against, at this the older female gave a small chuckle.
"I am sure that you shall fit right in, we are quite a friendly bunch. You have already met my granddaughter Mati of course, she seemed happy to allow you in, I am sure that you shall be fine here. There will be plenty of friends at least, if nothing else my daughters will befriend you I am sure." Soran said, smiling at the girl, it was true, Rain would more than happily befriend the newcomer, though Kiwi might require a little coaxing, she was, after all, painfully shy.
"Would you like a brief description of some of the wolves in the pack? /in case you see them around and wonder if they're friend or foe?" The Aedile asked, trying to think of a way to pass the time while they completed the short walk to the house.

<style type="text/css">
.sorangift b {font-weight:bold; color:#e9f2f9;}
.sorangift p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.sorangift {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#9a9a8d; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v469/ ... oran-1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #BFA1A5; outline:1px solid #000000; padding: 250px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#525662; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #;letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
wc: 782
Table made by the wonderful Vannah <3
[/html]
[html]

My email seems to be refusing any and all notifications o.O and alright, it's nice to have someone I can count on for help Tongue takes forever to get an answer in the question threads, however helpful they turn out to be xD

wc → 405

Nightkeeper could see there were lots of darker memories behind the grandmother's cheerful visage, but she knew better than to pry. It looked as if she had given away more than usually did anyway, and that amount of trust was enough for her; Nightkeeper herself hadn't shared all of her darkest secrets, and probably wouldn't for quite some time, as they were all relatively fresh. It wasn't as if they were insane untold murder tales that would render her completely insane and get her thrown out of her new and so far very nice home.

The dark-pelted girl was somewhat shocked at the story of Soran's father. What a terrible reason for hatred, she thought, curious as to what other facts might have contributed to his violence. A psychological glitch, maybe? A bad childhood was possible, too; some people survived the bad-childhood situation unscathed or relatively saddened by it, while most people were deeply depressed and had permanent trust issues as an after-effect. There were always those few, though, whose inner thoughts festered with revenge and violence that eventually rotted away all or most of the sanity remaining in their minds. She supposed that had something to do with it, but she couldn't be sure. It was the most likely she explanation she could think of, anyway.

Nightkeeper nodded with a smile. "Friends are definitely a good thing to have," she said. The dark grey female was relieved slightly at the mention of the group being friendly; she was relieved even more so when no mention was made about them being too friendly. There was a certain level where you weren't asked straightforward for your help, or when you were "kindly" included in every conversation or situation that took place and you were never exactly left alone. She was fairly sure, from what she knew about the two members she had met so far, that this group didn't reach that level. They wouldn't (hopefully) push her away, but they would (hopefully) leave her to herself when she didn't want to socialize. She would (not even hopefully, she knew she would) be asked to work, without a "pretty please" or asked in a questioning tone as if she didn't have to if she didn't want to. She hated it when people did that. If they wanted her to work, they had better darn well tell her to, instead of giving her the option of backing out.

Table by Aly, code by the Mentors!

<style>
.darkroses57 { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/TEhjM.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#000000; width:450px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:10px 0px 315px 0px; color:#737373; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.darkroses57 b {color:#ff0030; }
.darkroses57 p { text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.darkroses57 p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.darkroses57 .name { font-size:45px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 1px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.darkroses57 .wordcount {color:#a70020; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #a70020; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Sorry for the wait on this!

The jet pelted female did know what it was that had caused her father to have such a skewed and evil view of the world around him; she had found out the truth from a good friend, Skoll. It seemed that his ancestor, VoidFane had been a large black wolf who had gone around killing Luperci packs, at the time there had been no other black wolves in her home pack, it seemed that it had fuelled a hatred in her father, a hatred for all black wolves and shifted wolves; the dark female had not even known that she could shift until she was around two and a half years old. She had not lived a very happy life, especially during her childhood, it had been a struggle that was sometimes unbearable at times. The sable female was just glad that the psychotic male was dead, that she had been able to find herself a life, to have children, grandchildren and a home, a real home. The dark female loved her pups dearly, but she also loved that she had had them for another reason, they were a rebellion, they proved to her father that she was not evil, that she was not horrendous, with every breath they took they showed him that his plan had failed. The ebony female lifted her head and looked at the sky for just a moment as she thought about him; she would have loved to have met her mother, it seemed that her ebony pelt had come from her side of the family. Becca had always said that she was a wonderful, kind female, but Soran did not know that, she had often wondered what her real mother had been like, she supposed that she would never know the truth though, all she had were stories that others had told her and a brief meeting with one of Skoll's ancestors. She had known Becca properly though and she missed her dearly, without the pale female she would have died very soon after being born, her adoptive mother had raised her and looked after her, she had died defending her ebony pelted charge, Soran often thought about her, but only when she was feeling strong enough, otherwise she found herself feeling too guilty and too unhappy.

It sounded like Soran's new pack mate was glad that the pack was friendly, the dark Aedile knew that it was important to have friends around you, especially when you were new; she had survived alone for a long time, but having others around you, others that were willing to help when you needed it, that was a gift that should never be refused, no matter how stubborn you were. She smiled at the dark female and nodded her head in reply to what she had said.
"Yes, friends are good things to have here, but do not be offended if you are given an order in a more harsh tone, some of the wolves are still very much on edge since the war." The dark female replied, smiling at the younger girl as she spoke, she was enjoying her company as they walked towards the house.
"I am sure that if you are willing to do your share of your work within the pack that you will make lots of friends very quickly." Soran added as they walked. Soon enough the large manor house loomed into view, it was a rather impressive, imposing sight for those who had not seen it before, then again it was still an impressive sight for Soran and she lived there. The large manor house stood in the centre of the lands, it's spacious rooms making it seem huge from the outside, sprawling across the land that it rested upon. Soran turned and smiled at the younger girl.
"Well, that's our house, you might have guessed that most of us live there." The ebony pelted female said, smiling at the younger girl, she always liked to see wolves' reactions to the house when they first saw it.

<style type="text/css">
.sorangift b {font-weight:bold; color:#e9f2f9;}
.sorangift p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.sorangift {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#9a9a8d; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v469/ ... oran-1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #BFA1A5; outline:1px solid #000000; padding: 250px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#525662; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #;letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
wc: 676
Table made by the wonderful Vannah <3
[/html]