New Home, New Adventures
[html]

Early morning in Phoenix Forest. Kiara needs her initiation task assigned and any help would be welcome!

Word Count → 300

Kiara woke up with a start from her nightmare. Her ears twisted this way and that as her nose quickly tried to pick up any and all clues that might be found in the air. The sounds of morning reached her delicate ears while the damp smell of the forest calmed the she-wolfs frantic nose. Kiara was safe and back in Ichika no Ho-en. She had returned late last night from her travels outside of the packs lands. Her most recent misadventure had nearly caused her to drown in a riptide. Although Kiara loved water, next time she would be more careful around the sea.

Kiara stood up from her patch of moss and vigorously shook off the beads of dew that clung to her snow colored coat. As she stepped off the mat of moss the young wolf took care to stretch her muscles and limbs in preparation for the day. The she-wolf strolled over to the nearby stream and bent her head to take a long, cool drink. Once her thirst was quenched, Kiara raised her head and licked her soft, wet maw to remove any stray drops of water.

Ickika was beautiful. It had a wider array of habitats with plenty of game to be found. The land had a calming and serene atmosphere. Kiara was glad to have found a home here and now that she was back from her travels, it was time to meet more members of the pack. Perhaps one of them could help her with the initiation task that she had heard of. Kiara lifted her snowy head toward the skies and let our a howl, calling a friendly greeting to anyone in the nearby area. The arctic wolf sat back and enjoyed the scenery, waiting for someone to answer her call.

<style type="text/css">
.kiaratree b {font-weight:bold; color:#dbe3ff; text-shadow:#0a273b 0px 0px 1px;}
.kiaratree p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.kiaratree {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#2a4c56; background-image:url(http://i54.tinypic.com/20js9j6.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #420503; padding: 470px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#60848f; line-height:16px; text-align:justify;}
.kiaratree .wordcount {color:#60848f; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dashed #dbe3ff; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
.kiaratree .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... wer_01.gif); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; background-color:#95856A; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-left: 5px; padding-right:5px; padding-top: 300px; ">

ooc: 462 Words

Before dawn bathed its gentle light upon the tranquil lands, the Nomad had already completed her morning routine. A stretch followed by an even paced gait across the Phoenix border line, then a morning snack of hare to curb her appetite til midday. And of course it was not routine without her brief brush with the Shishen's abode. A present in the form of two plump hares at his doorstep for him and his charge. It wasn't a habitually offering, more so a gesture of good will now and again... as well as a reminder that she continued to lurk in the shadows, ready to pounce when he least expected it.

As the sun continued its leisurely climb, X'yrin found herself along the forest again, nose to the air with Secui limbs working rhythmically to carry the powerful form with purpose. Upon her mind was a task yet to be achieved, one bestowed by the gracious Jiryu to solidify her standing withing Ichika. An initiation, she called it followed by an elaborate explanation of that the mission entailed. Retrieve a stalagmite from the Caverns. Well, it certainly would have helped if she had an idea of what the requested object looked like. She had only heard of the object, recalling the visual given by her cherished Nomad Shepard. A pointed rock that grows from the ground. The motions accompanied with its description were not understood when the warrior was a pup, and even now she could not grasp it. A rock did not grow, but it could certainly wear away with time. Did such an object exist?

Thankfully she was distracted from her musings by a nearby request for assistance. The voice was unfamiliar for sure, but the sound of need was not. Silent strides lead her through the forest, her senses now accustomed to the tight curves and heavy growth. She came upon a white form in a matter of minutes, waiting patiently for any to heed her beacon. How fortunate that the Nomad would be the first to arrive. There was just cause for introductions! A new face to became familiar with within this new-found family.

X'yrin approached with a soft bark of greeting to alert the other of her presence. Her fox pelt was forgetting, seeing as the day required effort and she intended to do without its hindrance. Freshly groomed mane hung in long, wild strands over her strong shoulders and back, made fuller by her larger, bulked appearance. Humbly, she bowed her head, greeting the other as equal and honored. "Morning," the uttered, her alto octave playing gently between them. Amber eyes peeked from beneath a veil of auburn, carelessly tossed back as she lifted her head. "I heard your call. Are you alright?"

[/html]
[html]

Sorry for the short post

Word Count → 238

It wasn't long before the young wolfs call was answered with the quiet footsteps. Kiara's ears pricked back as she heard soft footsteps approaching and a small, but unfamiliar greeting bark showed the newcomer to be a friend. The young wolf turned her head to see who had arrived. The golden figure before Kiara was not a familiar face and was yet another luperci. The luperci fascinated Kiara to no end. Back home only the stories of the luperci could be heard as bedtime tales for young pups. They way they stood and their capability to switch between three forms mystified the young wolfs imagination and filled her inexperienced mind with questions. How did the transformations come about? How do they stand on two legs? How did they become luperci in the first place? Were they born, or were they bitten? But now was not a time to ask such questions.

Kiara turned to face the stranger and bowed her white head in a polite greeting and as a sign of respect. Good morning. My name is Kiara Amarok. I am alright, but I would like some help. I am new to Ichika no Ho-en and I believe there is an initiation task that I must complete. If you could help me in any way, I would be eternally grateful. The young wolf kept her head down, but she was happy to be able to meet someone new.

<style type="text/css">
.kiaratree b {font-weight:bold; color:#dbe3ff; text-shadow:#0a273b 0px 0px 1px;}
.kiaratree {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#2a4c56; background-image:url(http://i54.tinypic.com/20js9j6.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #420503; padding: 470px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#60848f; line-height:16px; text-align:justify;}
.kiaratree .wordcount {color:#60848f; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dashed #dbe3ff; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... wer_01.gif); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; background-color:#95856A; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-left: 5px; padding-right:5px; padding-top: 300px; ">

ooc: 318 Words

The female was truly new with the scent of Ichika only subtly a part of her. But it was there for the keen nosed to acknowledge and praise with a smile and generous wag of the tail. "Hello!" The Nomad repeated her greeting, infected with good spirits as it spread through smiles and ease. "It is a pleasure Kiara Amarok," gradually her voice ascended as she grew more comfortable using word rather than gesture as she was accustomed to. "I am X'yrin, Exultare to the Nomads." It was unfortunate that again the female was caught without a gift to present to commemorate her culture's cherished practice, and hoped in silence that her forebears were not fault her this time. She intended with every ounce of her being to follow through with their traditions, even if it took her another meeting to abide by them. For now, however, she hoped the Shepards of her past would forgive and understand.

Word of an initiation brought the ears of the she-wolf forward. Her eyes widened beneath the overgrowth of hair as the smile of fortuitous coincidence broadened upon her muzzle. "Initiation? Truly? Then it is wonderful that I heeded your call. I too am on my task to collect this object called a... stalagmite, from the territories Caverns. If it is help you need in completely your task, then I am more than willing to assist you." In the midst of excitement, the woman had nearly missed the other's still bowed head. It was a polite gesture, one she would have assumed in the face of authority but it was a little off-putting to be on the receiving end for so long a time when they were clearly equals. Carefully the larger she-wolf lowered her muzzle and gently prodded the other's cheek, bidding softly in whine that their heads rise together. "What does your task ask of you?"

[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 430

A nomad was an unusual characteristic for a wolf, so to actually meet a nomad was rare. X'yrin was friendly and polite, yet she somehow seem uncomfortable. Was it something Kiara had done? Kiara reviewed her actions and words in her mind. She was sure she had been polite to the older wolf. Perhaps their ages were too close together and a more informal greeting should have been used. Or was it a custom of Ichika that Kiara had yet to learn? The arctic wolf doubted that was the case because X'yrin had introduced herself as a nomad. The young wolf was so used to the rigid society of her pack and how even the smallest differences could separate the members in rank.

Kiara was so deep in thought that she almost missed what the she-wolf was saying. The arctic wolf snapped back to reality when X'yrin mention that she was also doing her initiation task. The pair were in luck. Kiara had received the same instructions for her initiation task. She was told that the Mai caverns were in Phoenix Forest which was her reason for coming here in the first place.

The young wolf lifted her snowy head when X'yrin nosed her cheek. It was evident that Kiara had made the luperci anxious and gave X'yrin a sheepish smile. If Kiara could blush she would be red from ears to tail. The young wolf returned X'yrin's soft whine with a playful bark and a lopsided grin. Nice to meet you X'yrin. Turns out, its our lucky day, because I have also been instructed to retrieve a stalagmite fragment from the Mai Caverns. They should be easy enough to find if there is water within the caves, although collecting them will be a challenge. I was told the entrance shouldn't be too far from here.

When she was a pup Kiara's mother would often speak of the spirits that controlled the earth. One such story Kiara's mother used to tell was the story of the water spirits and how they became trapped in caverns deep underground. Kiara's mother used to say that the earth spirits would trick the water spirits to travel deep underground into the caves where they would be unable to escape. Because of this, the water spirits would form stalagmites and stalactites in an attempt to protect themselves and ban together. The more water spirits that were trapped in the caves, the larger these formations would become. Kiara was not the spiritual type, but she knew that there had to been some truth to the story.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

ooc: 204 Words. Let the task begin!

It was a though they were of one mind, already on the same idea regarding the task and the Cavern within the Forest. But should they attempt the feat alone within the guidance of an experienced Ichikan? It seemed bold, downright proactive of the pair. Would that be acceptable in the eyes of the Ryu? Well, it was easier to apologize for an action than ask for permission. It felt like an inconvenience to disturb the higher ups... especially this early in the morning before the sun even reached its welcoming height.

"Then let us find the entrance together," announced to warrior, proclaiming herself lead to the party with a subtly tipped tail and forward ears. "And we will not find one, but two stalagmites each to show the others! And they will be envious of our prowess and dedication." The woman was certainly in a good mood this morning, full of energy and mirth brought on by fortune smiling upon her and her new companion. With a wag of her excited tail she turned and darted back into the heart of the forest, heavy paws leading the beast with suppressed steps toward the base of the mountain where resided their entrance to destiny.

[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 259

When X'yrin darted towards the mountain Kiara dashed forward to catch up. Once the young wolf was near the nomad she reduced her pace. Kiara followed closely behind X'yrin as they made their way toward the base of the mountain. The young wolf moved at an easy trot as she meandered around obstacles. Kiara's ears were forward and he tail moved freely as she traveled. The early morning air was cool and each breath let out a small amount of white steam. Fall would soon near its end and winter would be approaching soon. It was imperative that Kiara fully integrated herself with the pack before winter arrived because she would not be able to survive on her own.

The pair soon approached the entrance to the Mai Caverns. Kiara stopped at the wide entrance and looked down the long tunnel. Though light penetrated partway into the caverns, it did not reach very far. The minimal amount of light showed a gentle slope at the entrance but there was nothing to indicate what the state of the ground was like further on. The arctic wolf could see how a spirit might be trapped within the caves. One could easily get lost within the dark and never get back out. Kiara gave a small bark and listened carefully as the echo was returned from deep within the cavern. The snow wolf turned to face her new companion, You ready to go down the dark creepy tunnel? she asked mischievously. The young wolf grinned at the prospect of going into the Mai Caverns. It would be an adventure.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

ooc: 301 Words.

The bark of her companion echoed through the mouth of the Cavern, stirring awake what ever beast was to be dormant within it. The cool rush of air almost gave the ominous cave a life of its own. Each gust, a breath to sway the determined adventurers away from crawling willingly into its dark, dismal belly. But would they heed its warnings? Of course not. Their placement was at stake. And no creature, alive or implied would detour them.

Without word, X'yrin pressed forward, her heavy paws making surprisingly silent footfalls against the chilling, earthen floor. The light at their backs began to recede as she crept deeper still, eyes wide and grasping for any light to adhere. But it was in vain. Darkness became her reality, filling every nook and cranny of her sights, delving her into a mental void that set her nerves on end. Stalking blind through the unknown... What a test of will.

How nerve wrecking!

"This is... uncomfortable." The Nomad would be the first to admit this task was not for the faint of heart, nor was it at all what she expected. Her sure steps began to slow, coming more sound and careful as the belly of the cavern grew colder. Moisture clung to the pads of her paws, making each step slick upon the stone ground. Already the beast was devouring them, seeping its essence through the tiny pores upon the rock faces to slowly digest them. Eaten alive and blind to it; macabre to say the least. The woman needed a distraction before these imagined horrors got the better of her in this pit of nightmares.

"Kiara," she called to the woman quietly, her voice nearly overwhelmed by the sound echoes of dripping water. "Where do you come from? Were you a traveler?"

[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 344

As Kiara and X'yrin traveled through the caverns the rush of air made the cave feel alive. Despite the dark, Kiara still shut her eyes and felt the beast's breath on her cheeks. Such and ancient creature would surely be wise so there would be nothing to fear. After all, how could something so old and wise, not be kind as well? The cool ground below the arctic wolf's paws echoed just slightly whenever she hit a puddle. Kiara's mother would say that many water spirits had been trapped here, but Kiara felt that was wrong somehow.

It seemed unfortunate though that X'yrin had a different mind about the experience. The luperci's expression of displeasure and her shaky voice told Kiara just how scared she must be. The nomad's words resounded within the chambers and the young wolf though she heard a small protest from bats. I traveled to Nova Scotia two weeks ago. I originally came from far up north and to the west. What about you? Where did, omph... The young wolf had walked strait into a hard object. Kiara took a step back and shook her head. She then stretched out her muzzle to feel whatever it was that she had walked into. It appeared to be stone and as the snow wolf worked her way around the stone, she could tell it was a stalagmite. Unfortunately, this particular stalagmite was large in size and would most likely not be easy to break.

I think I found a stalagmite, but... Kiara stood up and used her forelegs to push against the formation. No, this thing wouldn't budge and Kiara could not find the top. I don't think this one will break. However, there might be more in the area. If only we could see. The she wolf's original excitement had worn out, and exasperation had taken its place as she realized this task would not be easy. Not only did they need to find two of these stalagmites, they also needed to find their way out of the cave. How troublesome.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

ooc: 428 Words.

Their lead into conversation was abruptly severed. X'yrin had only just prepared a response before the wind was softly knocked from her companion. The warrior froze in step, her head whipping back in reflex only to face the darkness. "Kiara?" Panic crept into her voice. Had the female hurt herself? Here? In the darkness where she could not see the injury to asses it?

But her worry was premature. An obstacle had managed to hinder the path of progress. And it was their sought object; what luck! However, elation was short lived. Before she could even wag her tail, the Nomad was met with disappointment. The rock was too large to move. But finding one now was a good sign they were in the right place. Truly, if they could see this search would have been over and done with by now. However the purpose of this task was not to complete it with ease. Complication was necessary so that they could learn from this; to utilize what they had to be successful. The she-wolf sighed, annoyed by what they had to endure, but in this dispel of tense air came sudden clarity; an idea.

"Kiara, please stay where you are. Even if we found the stalagmites, it's much too dark in here. We could get turned around searching then not know the way out." They needed an anchor of some kind, a lifeline that would reel them back to the open world. "If you would, turn around to face where we just came from so there is a sense of direction. If you found one stone, perhaps there are others around us.... but we cant search in a straight line, you see?"

Have one act as a beacon while the other searched, was the idea. And already the Secui female was nose to the ground, more confident in knowing there was a secure line to the outside. She brushed the ground with a quivering nose, scenting stagnant water and earth. She swept wide, allowing her muzzle to act as a detector, bracing herself for the rough impact or muzzle-to-stone. And sure enough, a sound 'thack' resounded within the Cavern coupled with an odd clatter of rock against stone. The rock must have been thin to have broken so easily... but it still counted! Blindly she felt around, nose to the ground again this time inching for loose stone.

Success was rewarded to the determined. "Kiara," X'yrin lifted her head, calling to the girl from around the slender rock on her maw. "Please say something."

[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 307

X'yrin's plan was not only effective, but intelligent. Kiara would have never thought of such a plan and would most likely have spent severals hours just trying to find her way back; that is, assuming she had managed to complete her task. Great idea X'yrin! At the nomads suggestion, the arctic wolf turned in a tight circle to face the opposite direction.

With her back against the cold stone, Kiara sat and waited while X'yrin searched for their prize. To occupy her thoughts, Kiara let her young mind wander. She had left the cave and gone flying back to her family in Wood Buffalo National Park. The sky was crisp and the cool shade form the trees near their den provided a welcome relief from the heat. A younger Kiara looked out from the safety of her mother's den. The bright light and strong smells had nearly overwhelmed Kiara's fragile senses. The young arctic wolf staggered out from the den and into the prickly grass. Kiara could hear her brother's and sister's protest from inside the hole. "I'm going to tell mom!" said a young male voice. One of her brothers, but which one? Kiara couldn't remember.

A crash brought the arctic wolf back to her senses. It sounded like X'yrin had run into another stalagmite, but a small clatter told Kiara that X'yrin had been far more successful. Are you okay X'yrin? Did you find a stalagmite? Do you need help finding your way back to me? The young wolf wasn't sure what to do. On one hand, she still had to search for a stalagmite and X'yrin might be hurt, but on the other hand if Kiara moved they would have a tougher time getting out of the caverns. Kiara shifted the weight on her paws nervously as she waited for the nomad to respond.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

ooc: 307 Words.

A voice of worry to guide her was better than no voice at all. Keen ears lead the blind Nomad toward her arctic companion, eyes again straining in vain to capture even a faint glimmer of light. She crept forward slowly, large paws seeking a run in with the smaller female. A touch of soft fur against her muzzle alerted her to the other... rather, she certainly hoped it was her companion and not some other creature lurking. The female gave an agreeable 'woof' then carefully laid the stalagmite next to (what she hoped was) the girl's paw.

"My nose smarts a little," she said at last within the gritting stone in her mouth. "But it is nothing. There is a prize are your feet. Just a moment while I find another, then we can leave this dreadful place. I can't imagine what creature would want to dwell here." X'yrin was certain they were both one in the same on that thought. Any longer this unprepared was bound to end in more scuffed appendages and endless wandering through the void; this living nightmare.

The warrior hurried, more confident now that the plan was in full effect and useful to their task. She swept her muzzle wide, and bracing herself for hard impact... which followed much too soon for her liking. Only this time, it was not the shatter of one stone, but several. The ceremony of accomplishment rang out, echoing off the cavern walls, reinforced then assaulted their ears with higher octaves. X'yrin lifted her muzzle, only to scuff the tip against what she assumed was a wall of the cavern. Lowering her muzzle, she bit down on another slender stone to stifle her pain and instead channeled the sound into a plea for direction. "I have another for us," she mouthed around the stalagmite. "Ready to go?"

[/html]
[html]

This is the song Kiara is singing, but at a slower pace:Nausicaa's song

Word Count → 358

Kiara's ears strained and constantly changed direction as she listened to X'yrin's approach. When the arctic wolf felt X'yrins muzzle against her hide she relaxed. Kiara returned X'yrins bark with her own soft voice. The young wolf was glad to know that the nomad was alright and had done no great injury to herself. The she wolf bent her head low and towards the direction of X'yrin's voice; searching for her in the dark with her eyes, nose, and ears. Glad to hear your okay. Don't rush, you wouldn't want to get badly hurt. Using her nose as a probe, without moving from her spot, Kiara searched for the stalagmite that was placed at her feet. Once found, she grabbed the prize between her teeth and placed the rock in between her two front paws.

Although Kiara had originally enjoyed traveling through the dark, the stagnant air and darkness gave the young wolf a slight touch of claustrophobia. Instead of freaking out, the young wolf closed her eyes again and reached back through her memories to retrieve her father's lullaby. Her ears twitched as if she was listening to her father's soothing baritone and a flood of emotions washed over the young wolf. Happiness, longing, comfort, sadness. Still, Kiara drew upon the memory and began to softly hum the wordless lullaby. Kiara figured this would be a good idea because it not only calmed her down, but would provide a constant anchor for X'yrin.

A loud clatter of stones made Kiara pause in her song and she waited to hear from X'yrin. I'm ready when you are. The arctic wolf resumed her humming to give the nomad a guide back to her.

With this task almost done, Kiara looked forward to finally becoming fully integrated with the Ichika no Ho-en pack. This would mean no more travels and security through the winter. Still, the young wolf felt a slight twinge of regret. She would not see her family for a long time, if at all. Kiara's snowy ears drooped at the thought, but her heart was strong and all she could do was look toward to the future.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

ooc: 372 Words.

Melodious tones both calmed and aided the Nomad as she continued to venture throw the darkness. Once the sought objects were secure and there was nothing else for them to gather, she was at her companion's side in an instant. X'yrin produced a thankful whine for the other Ichikan's efforts knowing that without her presence, succeeding at this task on her own would have been met with much more difficulty. It was difficult and slightly awkward enough having to feel her way around Kiara's smaller frame as well as finding the direction out again. She would certainly have to do something for the girl in thanks for her company and efforts.

With sure ground underpaw again, the returning venture began with more certain steps in knowing what to expect on the other side. There would no longer be darkness, but light! Pure, warm, shining light to chase the shadows from their eyes and rejuvenate their spirits. The larger she-wolf was nearly prancing with anticipation, her skirting steps growing longer into full confident stride. The stench of stagnation gradually unclogged her nostrils to forest musk. The first break of light in what seemed an eternity at last peaked around the curve of the Cavern wall, signally both the end and freedom.

X'yrin broke into a dead sprint for the light. Her muzzle clasped so tightly around the slender stone she feared it would snap in two, but it did not slacken her hold in the slightest. Limbs brimming with adrenaline thrust her into the open world again. Soft leaf and grass welcomed her heavy paws and eventual body as she tossed herself carelessly upon the earthen bed. Oh sweet, sweet air! Wide, open space at last. The stalagmite carelessly rolled from her parted maw as her tongue unfurled to wet her muzzle, ridding herself of the astringent, stone taste. She breathed deeply the early morning, noting with pleasure the increased height of the sun as its welcoming light bled through the breaks within the thick canopy of trees.

They had accomplished their task and had the prize to show for it. This was a day worth marking for both; the day in which they became officially part of this expansive family. "Success."

[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 407

Now that both wolves had their prizes and were reunited, Kiara was more than willing to leave the caverns. The pair had been wandering around in the darkness for a few hours and their nerves were running thin. The snow wolf grabbed the stone at her feet and waited patiently until X'yrin managed to orient herself to the correct direction. X'yrin had been extraordinarily helpful today and Kiara would have to find some way to thank her new friend. Finally, the two began their trek out of the Mai Caverns with nothing more than bruised noses and their treasured stalagmite fragments.

As the pair neared the cavern entrance the air turned from wet and stagnant, to fresh and crisp. The light began to reach the arctic wolf's eyes allowing the darkness to fade away. Finally, she could see again. Kiara paused for a moment to look around the caverns. Although she had spent hours deep within its recesses, she didn't really know what it looked like. The brown stone walls shimmered a little from the moisture that clung to them. The cavern was relatively smooth and the floor was littered with small stones and the occasional boulder. If one looked carefully at the walls, they could see the layers of sandstone that made up the heart of the cave. After a few minutes Kiara ceased her observations and exited the Mai caverns.

Bright light burned Kiara's eyes as she stepped out into the forest. The experience had a similar feeling to when she had first left her mother's den and it made Kiara feel nostalgic. Up ahead, Kiara could see X'yrin running through the woods only too end up rolling on the ground. The arctic wolf wagged her tail and let out a cheerful howl. Kiara, following the golden wolf's example, broke into a dead sprint. She chased the golden wolf down and jump playfully at X'yrin. Kiara landed next to X'yrin and collapsed on the ground panting. She let the stalagmite drop form her mouth and watched as it rolled a little down the grassy hill. The young wolf looked up at the sky through the tree's leaves and watched as they danced in the wind. She brought her muzzle down to the ground and breathed in the forest's rich smell. Closing her eyes, Kiara bathed in the satisfaction of knowing that their task was complete and they had finally become members of the Ichika pack.

End

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]