When you watch the stars, what do you see?
[html]

Word Count :: 000Hey there! 
Sam is in Optime: :
: :Early morning around 9:00 am.
Don'tcha just luv presents? CLICK!

Samantha crouched by the small fire, carefully nursing the flames. It was a small roadside fire.Letting them flicker and dance, her back to the wind. Soon she would head back to Anathema, to visit Rain Marks. Today was just a simple camp out. She wanted some fresh air and sunlight. The moon was crescent against the morning sky. The ivory woman sure appreciated the cool air. She stood up and stretched her legs, and scoured the ground for dry wood or dry moss. She had to keep her fire alive. She found a few pieces, some good sized logs too. She carried them under her arm and went back to feeding her miniature inferno. She hated fires. As much as she needed them, she completely loathed the colorful sources of warmth. Her whole family had perished in a fire a year ago. On the night of her coming of age ceremony. Samantha sighed, and took a knife from the sheath on her leg. Rain had made her a knife holder, it fashioned to her upper leg and was completely accessible. The young woman pulled a rabbit from a skin bag and with a few quick flicks of her wrist, the creature became hairless. She put the skin aside, she could make it into something later. Sam cut the meat from its bones and put it in the little iron pot she had found a long time ago. She added some water and dried herbs. It would make an okay soup later. She turned and sat on the nearest boulder. The soup would be cooking for a long time, as her fire was rather small. She kind of wished Rain had come along with her, but he had a lot to do.  

Samantha had left her otter companion in Anathema, the little creature enjoyed the caves and liked being around Rain. Plus carrying the growing otter had become tiring. But she still was lonely. Her eyes flickered to the trees every so often. If something were to attack her, all she had was the knife at her thigh to defend herself. The lass hated feeling vulnerable, but right now she really was. She started to sing in a quiet voice to herself, she had earned the specialized rank in Ichika no Ho-en of Chika. She was a musician. But she had to move to Anathema. She brought her knees up to her chin, and wrapped her arms around her knees. Yes she was bored, but what could she do to help that? Her storm-cloud tipped tail flickered back and forth placidly. She got up and went back to the soup (which was now a stew) and decided that it was almost ready. 

table by cactus; code by the Mentors!

<style>
.samfield { background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/swsepf.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; background-color:#FFFFFF; width:498px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:330px 0px 10px 0px; color:#000000; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:13px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #cdabac;}
.samfield b {color:#e2898a; }
.samfield p { text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.samfield p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.samfield .name { font-size:45px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 1px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Out of Character

Kostya is also in Optime form. Word count 400 exactly XD

In Character

Grumbling quietly to himself at the pain in his paws Kostya trudged onwards along the road. He wasn't in a particularly good mood at the moment, having been forced to change into Optime mode by rough road, his larger bipedal form being more suited to walking along it. He was also feeling some strain from the journey in general, which was slightly depressing as he had once been able to keep up a brisk pace for nearly an entire day; living in the same general area for a few months had left him less suited for long journeys, something he made a mental note to rectify.

Still his goal should be worth it. According to the loners he had encountered back up north this road led to an old city known as Halifax.

Cities fascinated Kostya; for someone who had spent nearly his entire life in the wilderness it was a novel experience being in a heavily urban environment. It was a new experience for him, living within travelling distance of a city, and one he planned to take advantage of and have a nose around. Another plus was that he had heard that there was a university in the area. Once he had had a look round he planned to scan through the university and see if there were any books left intact. Reading wasn't something he did often but he wouldn’t say no to the opportunity to get some practise in.

Suddenly he was brought out of his thoughts by the sound of somebody singing. Realising that he had started to daydream he jumped sideways off the road towards the trees and listened. Now that he was focusing he could also smell fire and cooking food. Curious he carefully followed the smell until he could see the glow of a fire through the trees.

Peeking through the trees he saw a white furred female, sitting on a boulder near a fire and cooking pot. He stiffened in alarm slightly as he saw the woman was armed and his hand drifted towards his own knife, but after watching for a short while he decided that the woman had not seen him, and didn’t seem like a threat either way. Walking out of the trees casually, arms down by his sides unthreateningly, he greeted the woman, "Didn't except ta' meet anyone out here, the names Kostya, nice ta' meet ya'"

<style>
.freetable-c03 p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.freetable-c03 b {color:#32e3ee;}
.freetable-c03-b {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto;}
.freetable-c03-header {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#ffffff; text-shadow:#1C0A00 0px 0px 4px; float: right; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:15px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.freetable-c03-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.freetable-c03 {background-color:#000405; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #DDE6CF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#ffffff; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:400px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z35 ... tbbg-1.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 240px 0px; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

Do you want me to fix your avatar? I can! I can apply the white muzzle! I failed....D:

The woman turned quickly when she heard the voice, the voice was masculine and the scent brought in by the slight breeze confirmed it. She smiled and hopped down from the rock. "I'm Samantha, or just Sam. Pleasure to meet you too." She stared down at the cooking pot and looked back at the man. Now Samantha was a very hospitable sort, she liked to help others. "Um, hey I have some soup cooking, sit down and have a bowl." She gestured to one of the surrounding boulders. She slipped her dagger back into it's sheath and sat by the fire cross-legged. The soup was almost done, and was thickening by the minute. Kostya didn't seem dangerous at all, rather friendly. Samantha always was able to tell the good people from the bad ones, and so far Kostya didn't fit into the bad. Her tail flickered beside her and her gaze went to him for a second. She didn't know the stranger, but at least she would have someone to converse with for a while.

She sat quietly on the ground, there really was nothing to say. "So where have you come from? I came from Rio. Crazy right? She chuckled and stirred the soup. She liked meeting new people, it made her feel like she had support from friends, and her ultimate form of support was her mate Rain. After, she would move to Anathema. "I lived in Ichika no Ho-en for a while, but I am moving to Anathema." She knew that she would miss the pack of hippies that had been her good friends. But Rain wanted to stay in Anathema. She smiled at Kostya and said "So, any pack's interest you here in Nova?" She wasn't a great conversationalist, but at least she was polite and friendly. Her tail waved back and forth on the ground, brushing away dust and gravel. Would they become friends?

<style>
.samfield { background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/swsepf.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; background-color:#FFFFFF; width:498px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:330px 0px 10px 0px; color:#000000; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:13px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #cdabac;}
.samfield .name { font-size:45px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 1px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Out of Character

Kostya isn't being cocky with the "little lass" comment. Alright well he is but with reason, he does have a good two foot of height on Samantha >_>.

In Character

Kostya nodded happily, fully relaxing for the first time since he had sensed Samanthas's presence. A friendly face, reason to have a rest and a bowl of hot soup; his day was certainly looking up. "Don't mind if I do, been walking for a fair distance today and ain't had much time to hunt yet." That said he sat down nearby the fire, back against a boulder and using a smaller rock to prop his feet in the air, giving the sore pads a rest.

He inclined his head as he listened to Samantha talking, chiming in at the appropriate times. "I know what ya' mean. Ya' wouldn' know it from my accent but I'm actually from Russia. Ma and Pa left the country when I was young, spent most of my life travelling across Europe and up America ta' get here." Kostya's accent was generally neutral aside from his laid back style of speech, having developed his talking skills while in a variety of countries. "S'where my name comes from actually; Kostya, short for Konstantin, though I usually prefer plain ol' Kostya from most folks."

Her last statement and question seemed a bit odd to Kostya. So far he had only had experience with the Salsola and Inferni packs, and this woman didn't seem particularly bloodthirsty or secretive Presumably some of the others packs down south had less... severe behavior.

"Not really had much contact with any packs. I live up north around Drifter Bay. Closest packs ta' me 're Salsola an' Inferni, neither of which have much love fer strangers like me." Joining a pack wasn't really something that Kostya had particularly thought about so far, though it was something that had passed into his mind on occasion. "I suppose I might look into gettin' myself into Salsola's good books sometime in the future, I 'ave some…. Business up north I gotta take care of an its lookin' less an less likely tha' I'm gonna be able ta' do it myself." Kostya rubbed the scars on his muzzle uncomfortably, thinking about the bear that had killed his mother and put the scars there. He sat looking down for a moment before shaking his head, as though to clear the sadness from it, and changing the subject.

"Anyway enough a that. What brings a little lass like yer'self to these parts?"

<style>
.freetable-c03-header {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#ffffff; text-shadow:#1C0A00 0px 0px 4px; float: right; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:15px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.freetable-c03-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.freetable-c03 {background-color:#000405; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #DDE6CF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#ffffff; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:400px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z35 ... tbbg-1.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 240px 0px; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

D: another poop post and no prob...sam know's she's short Big Grin

Samantha listened to his words and thoughtfully said "Yes there is a lot of good packs here in Nova Scotia. Sasola is pretty mighty." She smiled and handed him a bowl of soup and a wooden spoon. She brushed hair away from her face with a slender hand and continued on with her business. "What's it like in Russia? In Rio de Janeiro it is really hot. Nobody wears jackets or scarves there." She turned her gaze to the small flickering fire and smiled. She was rather satisfied that the fire was still burning. "I have always wanted to travel, but I have no way of doing it." He seemed like a friendly guy, and Samantha always believed in friendship before enemies. Sam had met many Luperci here and most became good friends. She took out her knife and started to carve into a block of wood she had sitting beside her. She always seemed to have something to do. She crossed her legs, still sitting on the boulder. the fire was warming her and she hoped it would for a long while.

When Kostya asked her what she was doing here, she smiled and started to explain. "Even though I am of ichika, I am leaving the pack. I am sort of a loner and I am going to move to Anathema. They haven't accepted me yet, so this is where I sleep, when I don't visit in Anathema. I kind of have a mate living there and he wanted me to leave Ichika for his pack. Now all I have to do is wait." She had virtually no worries right now, and everything was alright. Many things went though her mind, one about her parents and siblings dying in the great fire. It did sadden her to some extent, the happy light in her eyes vanished. The woman hoped that Kostya wouldn't notice much. If she told him, he would be burdened to have to listen to her.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Out of Character

WC: 273. Sorry, this isn't particularly good =/ Pretty tired today, late night and early rise.

In Character

Kostya shifted his position so that he was sprawled on the floor, belly facing the fire and smiled, taking in the warmth as he listened to Samantha talk. A warm fire and a friendly conversation really were the best way to start off a day, especially after a night of hard travelling.

"Well, I suppose tha' lookin' back the travellin' was a good experience, saw a lot o' stuff and met a lot o' people but at the time…" Kostya looked away from Samantha and the fire awkwardly, "At tha' time it didn't seem so grand. We had ta' leave Russia because of a pack that was after us; had to just up an' leave in the middle o' winter. Don't remember much of the trip, jus' being cold and scared. Hungry as well, not a lot of food around when ya' travellin', no time to learn the best huntin' places. And well, after we got to America…"

Kostya sat up slightly, picking up his necklace from where it hung against his chest and toying with the silver pendant. The firelight glinted off the sapphire and silver, keeping his attention as he talked, "My Ma' weren’ really the same after my Da' died crossin' the ocean. Took care of me an' all but didn' really talk much, an' kept me away from other people as well; probably talked ta' more people in tha last few months than I ever did before." Kostya sent a small smile towards Samantha at the last part, but frowned when he noticed a odd look in her eyes.

"Ya' okay Sammy? Yer lookin' a bit down over there."

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count :: 000 No worries, I am having a fail day and sorry for the wait!

Sam looked up as Kostya asked her what was wrong. She managed a weak smile, but replied "My family died in a fire not too long ago. I couldn't save them." She shrugged as if it didn't hurt her much, but inside she knew that the memory pained her. The took a sip of the soup and sighed. Kostya was proving to be trustworthy and rather friendly. He knew a lot and was supportive. "It's fine though. I am trying to move on." Samantha stirred up the hot coals in the fire pit, watching the flames blaze up. The young woman didn't know what to say next, she was a little bit shy still. "Russia sounds like a nice place." She saw his scars all over his body and she frowned slightly. "Something big must've attacked you." 

<style>
.samgalaxy { background-image:url(http://i53.tinypic.com/2hpnn80.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; background-color:#1c9faa; width:499px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:320px 0px 10px 0px; color:#000000; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:13px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #cdabac;}
.samgalaxy b {color:#713c46; }
.samgalaxy p { text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.samgalaxy p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.samgalaxy .name { font-size:45px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 1px; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Out of Character

OOC TEXT HERE!

In Character

Kostya winced at the news of what had happened to Samantha's parents, he hadn’t meant to dig up such painful memories. He reached over, patting the other wolf's shoulder awkwardly, grabbing a bowl of the soup as he did so. "Err, sorry bout' tha' didn' mean ta' bring soemthin' like tha' up. I… well…" Kostya clammed up slightly, having meant to bring up his own experiences recently but backing down at the last minute, unwilling to go further into the subject.

Kostya's eyes darkened slightly as Samantha mentioned his scars, it wasn't a topic he felt particularly comfortable talking about, hence his evasive manner when mentioning the subject earlier. He looked down at his bowl of soup, taking a sip before sighing heavily and continuing talking, staring at the soup the whole time, "Ah' know how to feels ta' not be able ta' save a family member. Me and my ma' were attacked by a bear in the mountains up north, wandered into it's cave and disturbed it while we we're looking for shelter." The conversation was becoming uncomfortable for him but he continued, unwilling to leave the story half told, "The thing was massive, an me an my ma' were half starved; didn' stand a chance. Thing knocked me ta' tha' ground an tore her apart righ' in front o' me. S'were I got my scars, for some reason it jus' knocked me about tha' head an wandered off before I got my senses back." Kostya could have said more but the conversation had gone farther down this road than he had intended and so he trailed off into an uncomfortable silence, picking at his soup.

<style>
</style>[/html]