A brand new hook to hang your hat
[html]
Sorry for the wait, new year was a bit hectic XD

The sable female watched the younger girl as she spoke, nodding as she did so, it seemed that it was just the way of coyotes to scavenge and steal; perhaps that was something that was genetically within them? Soran wondered if all coyotes stole from those around them, she had suspected that perhaps Inferni were keen on stealing, after all they had stolen her pack's lands from them, perhaps it was something that was naturally in a coyote to do, perhaps it was not all their fault then. Or perhaps, of course it was simply the way of Terra's former pack, the great numbers making for difficult upkeep, after all some packs reached a size where one large carcass was not enough to feed the entire clan, maybe that was why they scavenged as Terra suggested. Soran could not imagine living like that though, constantly being on the prowl for some uneaten carcass to fill her stomach with, no that was not something that she could cope with, she had been the head huntress of Syemv after all, if one carcass would not have fed the pack then she would have hunted until there was enough food for them all, of course this would be a tiring and time consuming effort, but it would have been the only way that Soran would have been happy. She smiled at the girl, she supposed in a way she pitied her a little, it must have been a hard existence having to scavenge for food all of the time, to risk getting herself injured by stealing from others, for Soran was certain that had anyone tried to steal from a wolf that she had been in a pack with that that particular individual would have been injured quite severely. The girl did not seem sorry for the way that she had lived though, Soran supposed that had she been raised that way then she would have seen it as normal as well, it was simply her upbringing that had instilled the love of a hunt and the desire to be self sufficient within her.

The conversation then turned back to Terra running away, she claimed that she had not been thinking, that she had been too young to think straight, that of course made sense as well, when one was young one often did things that as a more mature creature one would regret. Not thinking and acting was something that came with youth, the nervousness and fear of things that would as an older wolf seem like nothing at all could be blown to very high proportions in a young wolf's, or indeed coyote's mind. The sable female nodded as the girl spoke and she turned her head to one side in thought as the girl asked her what she had been doing when she had first shifted. All of a sudden the sable female was transported back to the very day that she had shifted, she raised a hand to touch her necklace, the one made of the sharp flint, she had gotten that the day she had first shifted, in fact it had been the cause of her first shift. She had been walking around and had tripped, the flint had impaled her hand and the pain had forced her body to change into her Optime form, luckily for her her dear friend Phasma had been nearby and had helped her, stood with her while she walked on wobbling legs, she had been lucky, so much more lucky than Terra it seemed.
"I was walking in the woods when it happened, I tripped and fell and this" Soran paused in her speech to touch the flint again, "went straight into my hand, the pain caused me to shift, I was lucky though, I was already in a pack filled with Luperci and they were very understanding, one of them helped me, held my arm while I tried to figure out my balance and things." Soran replied, smiling at the girl and at the memory of that fateful day.
"Have you never considered going back there? Explaining what happened? Seeing if they would accept you?" Soran suddenly asked, referring of course to Terra's old pack, she did not mean to offend the girl, nor was she suggesting that Terra should leave, but she was simply curious, she wanted to know. Perhaps Terra would be pleasantly surprised by the reaction she received, then again perhaps she was better off in Cour des Miracles, after all they were mostly Luperci and knew how to look after one.

<style type="text/css">
.sorangift b {font-weight:bold; color:#e9f2f9;}
.sorangift p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.sorangift {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#9a9a8d; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v469/ ... oran-1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #BFA1A5; outline:1px solid #000000; padding: 250px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#525662; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #;letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
wc: 764
Table made by the wonderful Vannah <3
[/html]
[html]
OOC

Curious Terra listened to the tale. She'd never heard anyone else describe what it was like for them, and wondered what could trigger the change. Part of her wondered if her life had been different she might not have shifted. Hearing that she'd been pierced by the flint around her neck, Terra's eyes widened. She would have laughed, had the tale not been so important to her. Terra didn't want to miss anything that might tell her something new about luperci.

So pain could be a trigger. That was interesting. Terra hadn't been hurt when she shifted, so obviously that wasn't what had caused it. It confirmed that Terra would have shifted no matter what though, as Terra constantly got injured. Soran hadn't been able to walk right away, which was puzzling to Terra. She had just started running right away. Then again, her body knew what to do, and she'd been moving on pure instinct.

Despite her effort to turn the conversation Soran returned to the topic of Terra's birth pack and what could have been done differently. Terra shook her head. I know them. Acceptance is possible, but I would always be apart from them, even if just because I'm stronger. It's easier to stay here and learn about what I am than try and live a lie. Standing up Terra stretched. It had been interesting talking to Soran, but she was ready to go back now to her new home. It was nice meeting you. Terra nodded her head respectfully and began the trek back to her pack.

<style type="text/css">
.terrra b {font-weight:bold; color:#116f77; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #041f22; }
.terrra p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.terrra {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#31515c; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/K8FCs.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 270px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#558888; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.terrra p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.terrra p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]