whisper in the wind
After her time in town and meeting X'yrin and Kiara,Shiloh had found she rather liked Ichika and their way of life. She had woken up early and left the apartments. She couldn't decide where to go so she let her feet carry her where they wanted. She took in the view as she walked, sweat pant on just below her tail, hoodie she found she liked, covering her scars and keeping her warm as the crisp autumn breeze ruffled her fur. She found herself on a long streatch of road, following it untill it felt like she left the realm of the living and into a waste land. She had brought her bow and arrows and small bag with her along with Saxifs dagger and carried enough food and water to last her a while if she didn't make it home (if she could call it that) that day.

She past the rusted,ghostly skeletons of long forgotten cars, some still with human remains. She looked though some of them, finding some trinkets in some of them that she liked. One was a necklace, a silver chain with a small cross that had survived the weather and anything else that might have threatened it. She took it off the car mirror that it hung off and put it on. She felt a sense of peace wash over her as she continued to walk down the abandon stretch of road.

She traveled for what felt like hours, playing with the cross on her neck, replacing her sisters wooden fox and her love for Saxif. She let her thoughts wander and it wasn't long that she saw a temple in the distance. She changed her direction and walked though the thick brush to the temple, taking a break at its steps. It was beautiful here and she took in her surroundings. She wondered if anyone in the pack lived here and howled for someone to come and tell her where she was as she walked around the temple and into a garden where she decided to stay for the night. She found a leaning tree just thick enough to lay on and with just enough low hanging branches to hang her things on. Shiloh lay on the rock as the late morning sun, crept up from behind the trees, illuminating the garden for her to take in.
[html]

Word Count → 353

Kiara wandered through the pack lands with purpose and poise. She was trying her best to track down Shiloh, the thin female she had met a few days ago. Yesterday the sun had hurt Kiara's eyes and her head pounded for most of the day. Truth be told, Kiara couldn't remember most of festival. The young wolf remembered meeting up with Shiloh and X'yrin, as well as many other members of the pack, but after having a taste of that strange drink her memories turned into a blur. What had caused her lapse of memories, and the sharp pain in her head yesterday was unknown to the arctic wolf. Kiara didn't know what alcohol was or that it caused hangovers. Heck, she didn't even know what a hangover was.

Putting the mystery of her splitting headache aside, Kiara continued to search for Shiloh. Shiloh had been injured a few days ago and with all of the festivities, she had forgotten to check on the small wolf. Kiara was still worried about Shiloh's wounds and secretly wanted to know what had caused her sudden change in attitude. The young wolf had been tracking Shiloh's scent for an hour now and it was getting fresher as she walked. The trail had led Kiara through the forgotten ruins of a human city and up towards one of the abbeys. As Kiara drew nearer to the abby, the clear cries of Shiloh could be heard near one of the human-like dwellings atop the mountain. Kiara rushed towards the origin of the cry to find her small companion laying on a rock under one of the trees in the abby garden.

Shiloh was wearing some clothing now and looked more comfortable than Kiara had ever seen her. Relief flooded over the arctic wolf as she bounded towards the small wolf. "Shiloh, namaste!" Kiara called. The young wolf ran up to Shiloh with her tail wagging high in excitement. She placed her large snowy paws on the rock next to Shiloh and attempted to lick the wolf's face. "I'm so glad I finally found you. How's your foot, does it still hurt? "

<style type="text/css">
.kiaratree b {font-weight:bold; color:#dbe3ff; text-shadow:#0a273b 0px 0px 1px;}
.kiaratree p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.kiaratree {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#2a4c56; background-image:url(http://i54.tinypic.com/20js9j6.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #420503; padding: 470px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#60848f; line-height:16px; text-align:justify;}
.kiaratree .wordcount {color:#60848f; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dashed #dbe3ff; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
.kiaratree .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;}
</style>[/html]
Shiloh was almost asleep when she heard something in the under brush. It was swift and for a moment had left Shiloh in a daze before she noticed who was there with her. "Ki...Kiara! W...what a... are..y...you d...doing ...he...here? I...I a..am OK... h..how di...did yo...you f...find me? she stuttered as the girl leaned forward to lick her cheek. Shiloh welcomed Kiara's soft kiss, her ears rolling back and pining to her head. She wasn't ready to explain things to the girl. She feared that being aound females would make her want a mate again. Kiara was adorible and reminded her of Orin with her happy go lucky way of living. She didn't need to know why Shiloh was so messed up. Shiloh stared at the girl and touched her cheek with her hand softly.

"Wh....why a...are y....yo...you h...here k...Ki...Kiara? Wh...what d...do y...you..wan....want fr...from me? she said pulling away from the girl and laying back down. She felt sick from the night before and had taken some herbs Mizu had taught her that eased headaches and sickness from drinking. Maybe she should tell Kiara about her idea of meeting with some unknown male and having children by him. She wanted someone to love her and a child would do just that. She would have to get healthy first before she had children. She was tired of being this thin, weakly person. The first way of changing that was to get over her scars and find someone that accepted her and her faults.
[html]

Word Count → 322

Kiara was happy to see Shiloh again and was glad to hear that no permanent injury had been done to the small wolf. Kiara remembered the unfortunate accident that X'yrin and Shiloh had been in and was worried about both of them. X'yrin came out with barely a scratch, but poor Shiloh had injured her ankle and was unable to walk. Kiara gave a happy whine as Shiloh stroked her her cheek and turned her head to stare at the previously injured ankle. The ankle seemed to have healed and was not bothering Shiloh. "I was looking for you. I just wanted to make sure you were okay. I forgot to ask you at the festival, or at least I think I did. Truth be told, I don't really remember much about last night. I wonder what is wrong with me?"

Kiara really liked Shiloh. Although Shiloh was injured and her behavior was curious, Shiloh was one of the first wolves Kiara had met in the Ichika pack and was happy to have a new friend. The young wolf still had pangs of homesickness, so any company she could find made her happy. In all her excitement Kiara had failed to notice the grey wolf's new outfit and seeing Shiloh dressed in clothes shocked Kiara a little bit. The arctic wolf still found it odd that the wolves in Nova Scotia dressed themselves and wore feathers or trinkets. Kiara bent forward a little to inspect Shiloh's new clothes. "I like your...um...cloth. Is that what its called?" As the snow wolf pondered Shiloh's clothes, a small cross around the grey wolf's neck caught her eyes. " That metal, it's pretty. As a pup, my sister would often travel to old human dwellings and collect shiny things like that. Speaking of puppies, I heard one of the females in the pack is going to have her puppies soon. I can't wait, I love children."

<style type="text/css">
.kiaratree b {font-weight:bold; color:#dbe3ff; text-shadow:#0a273b 0px 0px 1px;}
.kiaratree {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#2a4c56; background-image:url(http://i54.tinypic.com/20js9j6.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #420503; padding: 470px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#60848f; line-height:16px; text-align:justify;}
.kiaratree .wordcount {color:#60848f; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dashed #dbe3ff; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Jace is being grumpy :3 500+ Oh, and if this is taking place on november 2nd, that means the samhaim celebration thread was two days ago on the 31st X3

There was something extremely peaceful and restful about the light of early morning that Jace enjoyed so much. The best place to view the rising sun in Ichika was in Gampo Abbey, in Jace's opinion. She was usually up here every morning for an hour or so. Since finally coming to see Ansui and repenting for her sins committed a while ago Jace had delved into the spiritual side of her interests. Ansui had become a treasured friend of hers and the two often had long talks about their respective views regarding the gods and how they worked. Jace enjoyed his company enormously and she liked the think the doggish man enjoyed her company as well in return but if he did not then he had made no attempt to get her to leave him alone or shown any sign that it was true, so she could only assume it was not.

But alas Ansui did not appear to be here today, maybe the dog man had gone for a walk of the lands. She missed his company. Her children, born only the day before had been left with Temo so the man could have a short while with them uninterrupted. A smile crossed her face as she thought of the tiny little ones. So new and yet already cemented deeply into her psyche. She would fight countless hostiles and raze entire villages to the ground with fire simply to keep them safe. The warrior woman was confident in her ability to follow through on any action needed to defend them, no price was too great to pay even if she had to spill another's life.

The sound of voices disturbed her meditation on this cool morning and Jace flicked an ear in slight annoyance. Though no longer heavily burdened with child and the assorted hormones that came with it she was still slightly testy in her emotions, the interruption was not really welcomed. But she supposed she should go and make friends, get to know the newbies. With a soft sigh the femme hauled herself to her ashen feet, braided and curly hair pushed back over her shoulders. Her tan tipped tail flicked behind her as she approached the two wolves, finding with a small amount of regret at her actions that one of them was the same who had made a fool of herself at the celebration two nights ago, unable to handle her alcohol. Still for the sense of propriety she would play nice, her ears perked however as she heard her own self being discussed in conversation, her eyes traveled down to her newly flattened stomach before she came upon the two,

"Greetings." She did not offer them the traditional Ichikan greeting, that she reserved for those that she respected such as the Jiryu. "Lovely weather we are having today." Well that was lame even for her, her face was a carefully arranged mask that was equal parts reserved dignity and quiet assertion of her high rank, her ears held higher and tail positioned strongly.

<style type="text/css">
.jacemountain b {font-weight:bold; color:#142d45; letter-spacing:1px;}
.jacemountain .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px 10px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:right;}
.jacemountain p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.jacemountain {margin:0px auto; width:475px; background-color:#476b85; background-image:url(http://i55.tinypic.com/15mczo6.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 450px 0px 3px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#fef4e7; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
Shiloh smiled as the girl explained why she was there with her. She was worried about her and Shiloh thought it was time Kavi explain herself to the woman.

"Hello Kiara. I see you have taken to Shiloh, my stuttering other half. She is rather shy but she does feel I need to explain myself since the last time we talked. My name is Kavi, Shilohs....other personality. She is very aware of me as I am her and I notice you have some concerns about Shiloh and myself. First things first. The ankle that was tweaked when X'yrin fell on Us was broken not to long ago. Shiloh was beaten and broken by a horrible men, resulting in her scars that take up most of her torso. The other lighter pink scars were from a fire that took our family from us. I was made because the woman you have come to know as Shiloh is a fragile being and is extremely sensitive to others around her. X'yrin reminds her of her mate she lost before she came to this pack. You remind me of the woman I fell in love with not too long ago...." Kavi paused hoping that Kiara accept Shiloh despite her faults. Shiloh needed a friend like Kiara to keep her sane and keep Kavi away.

"Please don't think ill of me friend.Shiloh really needs someone like you. Someone that won't judge her despite her many faults. She really likes you and finds you interesting. She wants to talk to you." Kavi said with a smile as there was a moments pause as the grey woman's mind shifted back to who she normally was.
"I...I'm so...sorry Ki...Kiara.....Kavi d...doesn't nor...normally talk....t...to people... the...corr.....correct t...term I...is clothes... you like m....my nec.....necklace? I....fo....found I....it I....in a car.... I w...was the...thinking o...of St......starting a....fam...family" Shiloh stuttered as another woman came forward.

It was the pregnant woman from the festival. Shiloh remembered her vaguly after she had eatten some meat. She wasn't big anymore so Shiloh knew she had had her pups recently. She held herself with pride and power over the two lesser women and Shiloh knew a display of power when she saw one and immediately shifted to her lupus form, submitting and somewhat cowering from the new woman. She kept her gaze low as well as the rest of her body and she shook slightly as she shimmied out of her clothing.

"He....hello... I a...am shi....Shiloh Grant....wh....who are...yo...you?"she asked as her stuttering got worse. She shivered slightly as the breeze ruffled what little fur she had left. Who was this lady?
[html]

Sorry, thought it was on the 1st. Modified my previous posts to accommodate the different dates.

Word Count → 436

Kiara listened intently as Shiloh and Kavi explained their situation. Kiara couldn't even imagine what pain Shiloh must have gone through to not only get such scars, but to also have her personality split. The arctic wolf was lucky in the fact that nothing terrible had happened in her life. Kiara had grown up with a loving family and left them in search of information and adventure. Kiara's travels had been relatively uneventful and the young wolf had spent most of her life as a happy-go-lucky pup. In fact, the only difference now was that she was no longer a puppy, despite the fact she often acted like one. Kavi threw Kiara for a loop, especially when she mention that they had a female mate. However, Kiara simply decided to accept what she had been told. At least now she knew what had caused Shiloh's sudden shift in behavior the other day.

Kiara gave Kavi a smile and wagged her alabaster tail. "Nice to meet you Kavi! Thanks for the explanation I hope we can also become good friends." The young wolf watched with curiosity as Kavi gave way to Shiloh. Kiara patiently waited for Shiloh to finish talking "I don't mind talking to Kavi. I like her, she's nice like you are and I'm sure you two would make great parents. I will help you guys in any way that I can. Do you have a mate in mind?"

The young wolf's eyes widened as she saw Jace approach and she climbed down from Shiloh's rock. Kiara slightly remember seeing Jace at the festival two days ago and the female looked as if she had already had her puppies. "You've had your puppies? Can I see them?" Kiara had blurted out her question before she remember her manners. The arctic wolf bowed her head and mumbled her apologies. "I...I mean...if that's alright with you." Kiara kept her eye's trained on the ground, how could she have been so rude to the higher ranked female. The young wolf shut her eyes and mumbled even more apologies and a brief introduction before finally shutting up. Now her good mood was out the window.

Kiara crept closer to Shiloh in an attempt to block the wind, although it probably wouldn't help much. Shiloh had removed her clothes and her stammer and shivering had gotten worse. The arctic wolf brushed her tail against Shiloh in an encouraging manner before returning it to a submissive position. The young wolf's ears were flat against her head and she had lowered herself. Kiara just prayed that her grievous mistake would be forgiven.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
Lool Jace be really grumpy XD and no worries Big Grin Was just letting you know. omfg why is jace being such a cow.
3+

A small frown appeared on her face when the scarred grey wolf shifted herself into her lupus form. Now really, there had been no need for that. For once Jace wasn't inclined to be understanding or even very kind which was unlike the multicolored hybrid. A hand found a curvy hip and she rested her weight onto her right leg, her knives had been re-sheathed and the sheathes tied back around her thighs, now that she had nothing to fear from suddenly going into labor and hurting herself with them. The arctic woman's brown hair had been cut shorter in preparation for the birth and now her braids hung about her face instead of down her back. She was asked her name which she replied to with ease,

"My name is Jace. Jace Wolfe. I am the Yakuso of the pack. I lead the element class." Her business voice was on, the one she used when she wanted no nonsense from anyone. An eyebrow rose as the white one simply blurted out a rather inappropriate question but she refrained from taking her to task for it. She recalled seeing her at the samhain festival as well, if Jace remembered correctly she wasn't a luperci. Not that it bothered Jace, just an observational thing, she smelled like Roran had done. Roran.. what had happened to her adopted son. Her eyes settled on the cowering Shiloh, in particular the scars on her hands and she only just resisted the urge to roll her eyes,

"Please, shift back and put your clothes on. You don't have to suffer from me." Her attention then turned to Kiara,

"Yes i've delivered my pups. Four in all, three girls and one boy. I'm not letting anybody see them yet but their father but in future when they are a bit older, you are welcome to drop by and see them if you wish."
Shiloh shifted back, not liking the woman's tone. She put her clothes back on, extremely self conscious of her scars. What was up with this woman? Why did she not like her? Kavi was getting irritated and took over after Shiloh had put her clothes on. "What is your problem? I understand that you just had your children and might still be hormonal but your attitude.... Shiloh and I have been though a lot," she said softly. Kavi didn't understand why this woman was so.... stuck up. She could tell that this woman held power and she respected her because of her rank but to treat Shiloh the way she did.... it angered Kavi.

She and Shiloh had come to the conclusion that they should start a family and Kiara was already proving to be a great friend. She enjoyed Kiara's company and knew she would help her when the time came. Jace seemed like one of those more dominate, respected type people but she didn't have to use it against them. Kavi was wondering what the bi colored woman wanted and why she would even join the conversation if they seemed to be bothering her
[html]

Mother bear, mother bear.

Word Count → 311

Kiara was throughly embarrassed and she was glad that Jace had gone lenient on her for making such an egregious mistake. Jace's attitude was understandable and Kiara felt like she had deserved a lot worse that what she had been given. The arctic wolf was also happy that Jace had allowed Shiloh to put her clothes back on. In this weather, the grey wolf needed all of the clothes she could find. While Shiloh was shifting, Kiara took another opportunity to apologize. "I...I'm sorry Jace for talking as I did. I am just happy to hear that you have given birth to such healthy children. I, um, have recently been assigned the, a rank of Ikusei so... if you need any help, I am more than willing to give you a helping hand."

Kavi's sudden appearance startled the alabaster wolf and her comment made Kiara nervous. The young wolf could understand where Kavi was coming from. While Kiara had deserved a tongue lashing, Shiloh had not. But Kavi's comments would not help the situation and could potentially make the situation disastrous. "Kavi, please. This is a conversation for another time. Neither Shiloh, nor you, nor Jace should have to fight now. We are pack, and are only strongest when we work together." Kiara gave the grey and bi-colored women a smile. The snow wolf was from a traditional pack and felt that asserting one's authority on occasion was important. Kiara truly believed that with a proper chain of command, a pack could run smoothly and withstand any outside threat. Plus, she did not want to cause the new mother any more stress. Jace was surely starting to feel the effects of sleep depravation, and it would only get worse over time. The last thing Kiara, Kavi, and Shiloh needed was an angry sleep deprived mother who had a vendetta against them.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
I'm pulling Jace out of this thread now, I have too many and herp she's leaving anyway XD Also; orange writing Big Grin wheeeee
3+

Only an eyebrow raised gave the illusion that Jace's expression was carved out of anything other that stone as the scarred grey one, Shiloh, spoke disrespectfully to her. Her gaze was steely as it swept over the lower ranked woman, if Jace remembered correctly then she held the rank of Kusala, the craftswoman, before settling itself on her fellow arctic wolf, she even offered the woman a small smile despite the tension swirling through the air. She allowed a small sliver of pride to seep into her voice,

"I believe congratulations are in order then for your promotion. Although you won't have much work to do at the moment seeing as they are a day and a bit old. They are not really that hard to keep track of." A small joke between them "However, I believe that they will morph into a hand full in the coming future and I may require your assistance then, call it a mother's intuition." Something resembling her usual personality seemed to come to light for a brief few seconds before sinking back into the depths of her stoic demeanor as her gaze returned to Shiloh,

"You would do well to follow Kiara's advice, Shiloh. Ichikan leadership does not take lightly to insubordination or insolence." Her expression shifted from poised and reserved to something more like a mild chastisement. "I could have very easily punished you for that disrespect.. but I will not. You are excused, this time." Her message was clear, don't let it happen again. Jace didn't need to explain herself to Shiloh besides all she had done was request the woman put her clothes back on because she had looked cold, next time she'd just leave her to freeze. Jace didn't even understand why she had shifted in the first place, a waste of energy and time.

She looked the pair over again and drew herself up tall, her thick fur raising slightly,

"Well I must be on my way, things to do, children to feed and all that. Kiara I will speak to you later about your rank." With a quick smile and a wink Jace was gone, briskly making her way through the maze of the mountains without so much as a backwards glance.