What you see ain't what you get.
The day after she'd made her commitment to Haku and the pack she'd spent the morning lounging about curled up in a ball trying to sleep, after a few hours she'd finally given up and had spent time glaring at the birdlife as the cheerful calls were made back and forth in the trees and shrugs. Shaking her head she'd admitted defeat and had headed off out of the intense woods into some more interesting areas. She'd been surprised when she'd found the human cities but hasn't lingered there long. She'd finally settled on a place to rest by the time the day was more than half over, but atleast she'd done somethong worthwhile today, like learning a bit about where she lived.

While she'd realized that the sun was beginning to grow lower in the sky she stretched out across a flat slab of rock on the outskirts of the vineyards. She liked the strange human place and had spent a bit of time sampling their fine wines, something she'd grown to like overseas, though the spirits there were mindboggling at best. She shook her head sadly at the memories of her learned mistakes and toasted her back while watching the world draw quietly around her. She could get use to this simple way of life, though she knew better than to believe that it would last long, they were at war after all.
[html]
OoC: He's usually on all fours, so that's how I introduced him - I wasn't sure which form Firefly was in! ^^;

BiC:

As the shadows lengthened toward the evening, Slay found himself wandering around aimlessly again. It hadn't been long since he'd returned to pack land - he'd spent quite some time in the neutral territories nearby, avoiding the new male in the pack, Haku. He still hadn't gotten up the motivation to confront their new beta, or Lilium, but atleast he was back in Dahlia de Mai. Had anything else occurred while he was out?

"Oh my... Well, good evening, milady, and how do you do?" he murmured with a mischievous grin, his pale eyes spotting the sleek feminine form lounging on the flat stone, framed by the overgrown wild grapes of the old vineyard. As always, his first thoughts were of flirting, when it came to the lovely ladies of Dahlia. And though faint, he could catch the scent of the pack on her - she was a new member? He knew nothing of her, and his natural curiosity was piqued. Not that he wasn't a gentleman, though. He would never try anything on the first encounter...

"You're new to these parts?" he asked, deliberately ignoring the pack scent to see how she would react. "You can call me Slay, if you like."

[/html]

Her ears flicked around as the voice called out to her, her eyes turning to find the source of that sound. Catching sight of the male she smiled and flicked her tail across her hindlegs as she yawned, the sun making her drowsy. "Hello to you too sir' I think I'm quite fine today.." she replied with a devilish grin lit across her maw. She was in a good mood and hadn't found Haku to play at anymore games, so she figured this new strangely hued male would have to work, not that she was interested in anything else besides teasing and flirting, she was working on other projects.

Tilting her head slightly she shyly smiled at the male, her emerald eyes glittering as she nodded. "Yes! Haku invited me to stay a few days ago.." she turned her eyes away for a moment as she spoke of Haku, the lust was still burning in her veins as she thought of their time spent together, still wanting to find him for another round at their dangerous games. Looking back to the male she smiled again and spoke softly, her irish accent lingering in her words. "I'm Firefly.." the strange little name left as her introduction to the male.
[html]
"Then it's a pleasure to meet you, Lady Firefly," he drawled, interested by the slight lilting that her foreign accent lent to her words. There was a sort of wild, dangerous beauty to her, this Firefly. Slay did not, however, miss the mention of Haku, nor did he let the way her eyes drifted to the side in recollection of some pleasant memory pass him by. It gave him a chill. What sort of connection did they have, then, Firefly and Haku? Could they be allies in this little web of deceit...? But no, he mustn't judge her like that. Even if he was starting to feel a prickling of mistrust in his hackles.

Pale blue eyes met glittering emerald, and he could not resist a small shiver. She certainly was beautiful, more striking than the others he had met. But somehow that made her all the more intimidating. "Are you... enjoying your time here so far, then...?" he murmured, ghost of a smile playing on his lips. He knew full well that it was a question that could be taken in several different ways. "I trust you've been able to amuse yourself...?"
[/html]

She smiled and dipped her head to his words, "Aye, same to you sir.." she said with a gleam of mischief in her eyes as she watched the two-toned male before her. She studied the older male with those emerald eyes as she tried to gage what exactly he was thinking. She wasn't to sure about this male, but she ignored the fact that the two males from the pack seemed to both have a very flirty personality, but she perferred the darker flirt that Haku held.

The murmur of the male and the questions that he asked caused her to turn her gaze away as she smiled softly, eyes trailing back to the male she raised a brow and answered, "Of course! Why ever would I not?" she tilted her head to the side as a sly smile simmered on her lips. Stretching her forelegs out before her she rubbed her cheek against her leg as she tried to hide a wicked smile. "Of course.. there's only so much you can do to amuse yourself.." she said with eyes half closed, watching the male carefully. He seemed a little bit on edge around her at the moment when just bare minutes ago he seemed so relaxed in his skin.
[html]
"Heheh, I understand what you mean, m'dear," Slay intoned with a smirk, eying her curvaceous figure with interest. He settled into his haunches, tilting his black-daubed muzzle so that his pale gaze could sweep appreciatively over her. The faint flicker of mistrust flared up again, though, and his eyes averted, just for a second. Firefly was too dark for him, even he knew it. She was beautiful, oh yes, there was no denying it. But her beauty was so... So intoxicating, and Slay did not want to be swallowed whole by the temptress. It was the first time he had met someone too flirty, he thought with a wry grin. He had been bested.

"Well, milady Firefly, you could always... always..." Slay's teasing voice faded into several deep yawns, a sudden drowsiness overtaking his tall form. Damn narcolepsy. But he had resisted sleep for too long, and sleep would overtake him by force if he did not give in. "Erm, 'scuse me for a bit..." The arctic male slurred, pale eyes fluttering heavily before he slumped to the ground, fast asleep.

OoC: Allow me to 'splain. ^_^ Slay is narcoleptic, so whenever he gets too stressed or excited by something, he just randomly passes out for a few minutes. He'll wake back up soon if you want to continue the thread, or Firefly can just get bored and walk out on him. ;3

[/html]

She knew he was watching her body and she enjoyed it, her lids lowered over her eyes as she chuckled softly under her breath, his words so nervous and doubtfounded as she turned back to him, her emerald eyes shimmering softly as she spoke, "You sure you understand?.." she asked, but the question wasn't really refering to the topic on hand, atleast not the on spoken with words, her tail curled slightly across her hip as she stretched her long legs out as she smiled slyly at the male, knowing the things she did were destracting.

His next layer of words seemed stuttered as out of nowhere he began to grow sleepy. Raising a brow as he tried to excuse himself she straighten up suddenly as he just slumped over in a pile. Blinking to herself she trotted over to the male and crouched down beside him, poking at the lump of fur as she growled softly. "Hey.. get up.." her light playful mood suddenly crashed, the male was obviously not a much fun as she thought he would be, just dozing off in the middle of their match like that. Sighing softly she rolled her eyes, wishing she had someone else to taunt and tease.. someone who could enjoy the game, even offer her some fresh new views.