Random SA' question
I've always wondered this, but you know the islands that are off the coasts of Souls? Packs that are on the coasts, are they allowed to claim them? I do see that some of the cdm islands colored but I never see people ever RP on those islands, and they also aren't really even named or anything or even added to the territory page on the CDM website. Are they like just there for some accuracy for what NS actually looks like or are our characters allowed to venture out on them and whatnot? (please note that i'm not talking about the named islands i.e. cape sable island, blanche, seadog isle, cheval island rather I am talking about the eastern coasted, smaller islands that are not named on the official souls map)
The way I figure it with CDM is that those islands aren't that big or just barren and no one gives a crap about them. Plus it would be hassle for these carnivores to get back and forth, especially if they need to hunt. I dunno, I think most of those aren't really easily habitable. And it is just 100x easier to live mainland with access to fresh water and easy prey.

But if it exists, I'm pretty sure your character can go onto the islands, I just wouldn't recommend living on them for extended periods of time.
I think the original reason we gave for CDM to have the islands was if there was a war they had somewhere they could ship off the children to protect them. I know there were a few threads near the forming of CDM about the islands.. or maybe that was PV who had the islands for protection..

..yeah.. may have been PV who used theirs as a sanctuary of sorts.
People are totally allowed to go to those islands. I think the distance may be a deterrent since not a lot of characters have access to boats or care enough to make them. Packs are allowed to and have claimed them; whether they want to detail them as subterritories, etc, is up to them.
DdM's island was a bird sanctuary kind of thing called Oyvind's Island and people RPed there a few times ^^
PV had Islands. We built canoes and everything just in case we were attacked and needed to get pups (and the elderly) someplace safe.
CdM's territory is also mostly sheer cliffs and rough coasts?? there is the port in the Lunenberg, and a few stretches of beach's but I'd image that surf is rather rough along the coast line of CdM for the most part and getting to the islands wouldn't be an easy task. Although this only any an assumption based of the territory descriptions :x

I assume that's why no one's given them much attention...in cdm at least