Time and Time again
[html]

The female had been here before, once. She had encountered a child, whom she had kept from touching the sharply spiked sea creature. That had been before all the trouble with Inferni had started and before Colibri left the pack in her hands and before Cercelee felt the weight of her rank weighing down on her shoulders. But now, she had shaken all that. Put it aside temporarily. It was not her nature to brood over anything, she did not often worry for any reason, and the past few weeks had been miserable for her. That was over with, at least in Cercelee’s mind. Of course the war still was waged with Inferni, and Cercelee still had to keep an eye on Haku and make sure he knew his place and duties as Lilium. But the worrying was over. The stress was over. It would just roll off of her now, like everything had before.

Whisper Beach. The year and a half old female had arrived at noon, although clouds rolled in the sky there was no rain, but Cercelee couldn’t be sure it wouldn’t rain later. The weather did not matter to her, however. A beach was still a beach, even if it rained, and Cercelee still found herself spending a lot of her spare time wandering the assorted beaches of the lands. She had told Slay that she was looking for the perfect one, and while she had already ruled this beach out, there as always the chance that she might have been wrong. And so, the female, white pelt with the tiny grey flecks dancing up her front legs, moved here and there in the sand, sniffing, digging, and laughing to herself as she “searched”, though she couldn’t really explain what she was searching for.

[/html]
[html]

She watched the female from behind a dune, green eyes curious. What was she doing? Ember had never seen an adult act this way, running around and digging in the dirt like a pup. Either way, though, it looked like a really fun time. Would she ruin it by coming out? Maybe the female didn't want company, and that was why she had come here all alone. Ember had been watching her for a little while, ever since she had come into this territory.

This was sort of a secret place for the young girl, one that she came to when she needed to think. She'd thought that she only liked Lubomr like a friend liked another friend...but things had happened between them that made her think otherwise. She'd dissapeared the next morning, of course, and when she had come back he was gone.

The girl came out slowly, approaching with caution. If the other wolf didn't want company, she'd melt back into the surroundings from which she'd come.

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v90/c ... 4w6s2b.jpg); background-position:top; background-repeat: no-repeat; width: 500px; border: 1px solid #000; background-color: #000;">

Cercelee had not noticed the approaching female in her frenzied search, and it was not until that the younger wolf was quite close that Cercelee froze, sensing another’s presence. At this point Cercelee had her two front limb half way down the current hole she was working on, and she stopped in mid-dig, the only parts of her body that moved were her ears which tried to spin in the directions of the other’s footsteps and her nose that twitched, trying to recognize a scent. All at once the ivory colored female burst into motion, spinning quickly, half jumping, to face the other direction, and the female that was approaching her. She landed, facing the newcomer, with a soft thud in the same that sent the soft sand up in the air in little puffs about her feet.

Cercelee wagged her tail, much like an over excited Labrador would, and had to restrain herself from play bowing at the stranger. The year and a half female knew how she appeared, wet sand sticking to her fur, acting like a fool on this beach. She was an adult for one, and a leader of a rapidly growing pack for another, how was it that she found the time or will to act this way? And what did the soot colored female before her think? If Cercelee even cared what she thought, because Cercelee found that often, if others thought her too odd or childish she normally forgot their opinion as soon as it was spoken. Life was too short to try to constantly please others. Speaking in a warm, musical voice, Cercelee was hopeful that the other only had kind words to say back to her. "Hello there, lovely day isn’t it?" Cer laughed lightly and glanced up at the overcast sky, the clouds colored a thick, ugly gray as they hung low and heavy with rain.

Table by Tammi!

[/html]
[html]

The shy female was encouraged into the game by the other, and slowly, her tail began to wag too. She wasn't sure who exactly this wolf was...but Ember hadn't been able to play with anyone in such a long time. At least...not the no-strings-attached kind of play. She wasn't interested in females romantically, so she could really let loose without worrying about doing something that might be considered flirting.

"It really is a nice day!" She answered, grinning. Her tail was going like a motorboat, occasionally flipping around in a complete circle. Now that they had greeted each other the dark wolf looked back at her curiously, wondering if the other still wanted to run around like she had been before. "How about some exercise?" She suggested, looking at Cercelee, then darting off to the left. She went down into the sand on her shoulder, digging a deep trench in it, rolling over onto her back and around a few times before she got back up. "Now we match"

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v90/c ... 4w6s2b.jpg); background-position:top; background-repeat: no-repeat; width: 500px; border: 1px solid #000; background-color: #000;">

The female’s reaction pleased the older female immensely. It was not often that she found someone willing to play so foolishly with her. While her friends in her pack indulged her with smiles and laugher, it was only Slay who would romp about like a child. Strange that Cercelee was not found of young puppies, as they were the ones who would most likely play, but they did not allure her. However, the ebony female before her was for all purpose an adult, a young one, but an adult none the less. And she did not snub Cercelee or sneer at her, but rather imitate the antics that Cer herself had just been engaging in, which brought approval from Cercelee in the form of merry laughter.

"I like that look very much." Cercelee kicked up some sand with her back legs, most of which stuck in her own tail. "If it’s exercise you’re looking for we could always race..." Cer’s blue eyes darted about the beach to look for some landmark they could race to, and finding none that were all too appealing suggested another idea, in case her new friend did not care for races. "Or you can help me dig my hole. I haven’t gotten it just right yet, though I don’t know why. Perhaps it needs to be bigger?" Her tail waved behind her, having forgotten to be self-conscious, or introduce herself for that matter.

Table by Tammi!

[/html]
[html]

She did know the names of many of her family members, but not what they looked like. Ember had grown up knowing that wolves came and left...a lot of her family had left, and only a few had returned over the years. It was hard to keep updated with where everybody was. Even now her father was missing, presumed dead. But Iskata had come back, and that had made her so much happier. "It goes well on both black and white, brown does"

Ember and Cercelee certainly looked different, after all. She looked to the hole that the Dahlia wolf had dug with interest when it was mentioned. "I was wondering what you were doing. It sure looked like fun" It was as good an answer as any. "I love digging. Sure! Wider? So maybe we can cave this part in, and then lift that dirt up out of it?"

[/html]
[html]

So Ember and Cer are uber hole digging dorks.
      Cercelee nodded solemnly at the female’s observation. The sand certainly did accent their coats nicely, both the darkest black and the purest of white. Cercelee was sure that the two of them, covered in grim and grit, made quite a spectacle on the beach, but she didn’t care. It was unlikely that anyone else was watching, and if they were, well they were probably just sorry to be missing out on the hole digging. "Wider and deeper I think. This has to be the perfect hole." Cercelee’s voice was playfully serious as she glanced down the beach at the several abandoned holes that she had dug before the younger female had come upon her.

Setting about to Ember’s plan of collapsing on side and removing the dirt, Cercelee focused on her game. The digging went much faster with two instead of one and the hole’s size increased rapidly. Flinging dirt in the air was also far more fun when there were two working at the task. Pausing for a break and stepping out of the hole, shaking her fur free of some sand but far from all of it, she looked at her new companion. "What do you think, is this hole satisfactory or not?" Cercelee surveyed her and Ember’s handy work again, biting her lip in uncertainty.
Table by Tammi!

[/html]
[html]
I need air conditioning in this house x_x -pants- And yes they are. What nerds. <3 We could invite someone to just come in and be like "what r u doin u freakzz?@?"

Ember was enjoying herself for the first time in a long time. Sure, she'd had fun doing things--but she'd never met anyone who liked doing some of the same things she did...or who got excited about the little things like she did. It was really refreshing. A lot of the time she felt like she was around strangers even when she was around her own family. All of them had been apart for so long that, at times, blood didn't seem to matter any more.

"Definitely wider." Ember looked at the hole after a while, shaking her head. "I think we can do better." She dug for a bit longer, then pulled back again. "There. /now/ it's perfect. But there's something missing. I think we need to build a huge sandcastle!"

[/html]
[html]
I was actually thinking that myself XD We totally need someone to come in and be all like “WTF?” Let us invite someone. Has Ember been shifted or no? I assume for sand castles they need thumbs and hands?

Cercelee smiled as the ebony coated female appraised their work and went back in to make it wider. The slim rosea sat out as the other worked, watching the process was almost as fun as doing it one’s self. It was not long before the Ember emerged again and pronounced that the result of all their handy work was perfect. And Cercelee had to agree, it was a damn fine hole. Wide enough for them both to stand in and deep enough for them to lay in and be hidden. One could bury a body in the hole, but Cercelee did not think of that. Her mind was on much lighter issues.

Cercelee’s ears perked. A sand castle? Cercelee knew the word, had an image in her head, but she had never seen an actual sand castle, let alone build one herself. It would require the workings of a hand, which in her current form she did not have the use of. Smiling at her companion, she spoke cheerfully. "Have you ever built a sand castle before? Does the sand have to be wetter?" Cercelee would wait for the answers before she shifted into her were form. Although she was not shy about being a luperci, and did make use of two legs and opposable thumbs occasionally, she rarely shifted in front of others, and would wait to see what Ember did first.

Table by Tammi!

[/html]
[html]

The thought hit her like a ton of bricks."I can't make one...a sandcastle. I can't shift."She whispered. She had tried so hard to do it with Lubomir that she'd become exhausted after only a half an hour of focusing. She really really wanted this, but her body didn't seem to want to cooperate. Maybe there was something wrong with her...maybe some part of her was disabled, or she had some illness that made her unable to shift. Both her mother and father could, so she ought to have been able to.

"I've tried a few times, and I've only made it there once....with intense pain and struggle. Ever since then, since I shifted back to this, I haven't been able to. I'm really scared to even try--every time I do it hurts just as bad as the first time." She looked down at the ground, ears wilting. "Yes...the sand needs to be a lot wetter. We'd need to move closer to the water."

[/html]
[html]
Your post reminded me. Ceres couldn’t shift at first either, she had a hard/painful time doing if for like the first year I RPed her. I had totally forgotten. Maybe it is genetic!

The younger female’s confession alleviated any shyness Cercelee had about shifting in front of the girl, replaced by a wish to lift her new friend’s spirits. Her tone of voice sounded as if she was sorry, sad or embarrassed to admit that the dramatic transformation that one’s body under went caused her pain. Which was understandable, as it was not a common ailment, as least Cercelee had never heard of it before. They would have to work around it. "That’s alright. I can shift. I will build the castle and you can dig the moat. We need a really big moat." Cercelee’s voice was cheerful, and then she hesitated. The next part was to shift. Turning her head to focus on the water, Cercelee decided it did not matter if Ember watched her, but she didn’t want to know if their girl’s eyes were on her or not.

Five minutes later and it was over, her bones and muscles completely reformed and Cer much larger than Ember now. The rosea took a moment to breath and regain some of the energy lost from the transformation, glancing at Ember and smiling hesitantly. Cercelee normally did not walk among other who were unshifted, finding that looming over them made her uncomfortable, though she did not mind looking up to those that were shifted when she was not. However, if Ember did not mind, nor did Cercelee. Moving their location closer to the shore where the sand receive the water from the sea, Cercelee settled into a crossed legged sit. "Well then... how big should the castle be?" Cercelee begun piling sand before her, unsure of how big to make the mound. With no buckets or tools, she would sculpt it by hand, but the female really did not know where to start with this project.

Table by Tammi!

[/html]
[html]

Pretend this was here weeks ago. :/

A very dreary day. It was making Kansas gloomy; it seemed he was sensitive to the weather. Still, getting out and walking around never did any harm. This was what he ordinarily did when there was nothing more pressing on his agenda (and there rarely was). The youth had been to Whisper Beach before, but not long enough to decide if he liked it or not. It did not seem outstanding in any way. Just the soft, pale sand and rolling ocean out ahead. He trotted south along the beach, listening to the waves crash several yards away from him. Soon, this noise was overpowered by the pretty, tinkling sound of girls' laughter.

Kansas had not expected to meet anyone today, and he hadn't really wanted to, either. A large, meticulously-formed crater caught his attention suddenly from only a few feet in front of him. A few more of his lackadaisical steps and he would have tumbled in. He stared down closer to the water, where the sand was slightly firmer. Sure enough, two sandy girls played on the beach, building... something. However, Kansas could tell that the females were adults, and here they were, laughing and carrying on like children.

Kansas grinned a little, mostly because of the strangeness of what he'd found. He approached, and as he did so, realized that the ebony female was his sister. Even more surprised, he drew up to them, keeping a short distance away, his expression puzzled and clearly concerned. "Ember... Hey, you two. What - uh, what exactly are you doing?" There was nothing judgmental or patronizing about his question - but it was dripping with curiosity.

[/html]
[html]

She looked away as Cercelee began the change, putting her gaze to the sand. She didn't want to make the other feel awkward about shifting in front of her. She had never shifted in front of anyone before, so she didn't know whether it felt weird to do it with someone watching.

When she was assigned a job she nodded enthusiastically, her focus put onto the task at hand and not on the transformation that had just occurred. "I got the moat. I'll make it HUGE. But not so big that we can't get over it, right? The castle can be inside it...so I dunno. Maybe as tall as your waist?" Ember started on the moat. She was just getting into the digging when she was distracted, a voice from the past making her jump. "Kansy? You...Is that really you?" She stopped digging, standing in place, her tail beginning to slowly flick back and forth.

[/html]
[html]

The mound of wet sand was growing bigger and bigger in the spot that would be in the center of Ember’s moat. As Ember dug out the sand for the moat, Cer added it to her own pile. The moat would be huge, the castle huge as well... and yet how sad it would be that no little sand people could live in it. Cercelee giggled at the thought, why anyone would want to live in a castle did not make sense to her. So big, so cold. What was wrong with nice, warm, cozy dens? Cercelee has been so preoccupied shaping the castlen and day dreaming about sand people, or at least attempting to shape the castle and day dream about sand people that she had not noticed the stranger’s arrival. It wasn’t until he spoke that she turned quickly to see him. Startled she froze, a deer in headlights, and then she relaxed with a little laugh at herself. Yes she had been caught being childish, engaging in games for children, covered head to toe in sand. But so what? She did not know this male, although Ember seemed to know him.

Kansy It was a funny name for a male, though Cercelee assumed that it was just a nicname, so perhaps Ember and this male were close? Related even. Smiling at him, he offered an answer to his question that Ember had neglected to give in her surprise at finding the male. "We’re building a sand castle." Cercelee smiled at him, forgetting to introduce herself to the male, just as she had never offered her name to Ember. Two siblings and a stranger on the beach, what a party. Cercelee would have offered to allow the male to join them in their game, but she held her tongue. Ember knew him, so maybe she would, or maybe she wouldn’t. Maybe the male didn’t play games, maybe he was too grown up for that.

Table by Tammi!

[/html]
[html]

Kansas could not have described how thrilled he was to see his dark sister again, let alone to see her having so much fun. Though he wasn't as close to Ember as he was to Firefly, Kansas loved her for her sweet and playful attitude. That wasn't to say he had expected to find her with another grown female playing Midieval on the beach, but it was still... touching. Ember was happy to see him too - enough to make his tail wag steadily behind him.

It's me. I'm so glad to see that you're... okay. I miss you. He didn't want to disrupt their construction site, so he moved around the outside of the progressing moat and nuzzled her behind the ear. It was an awkward gesture, but he felt he had to show her how glad he was to see her safe and at least outwardly untroubled. He nearly missed the alabaster female's explanation of their game. He nodded, sitting down a few feet away from his sibling. Yeah. May I watch? Like Ember said, I'm Kansas. I'm her brother.

[/html]
[html]

It was strange, how opposite Kansas and Firefly were. If she had to choose, she would most definitely rather be around Kansas. There was just something about Firefly that really turned her off; her sister was very rude a lot of the time. Ember tried really hard not to be rude if she could help it, and when she was rude on accident she always apologized for it.

"I haven't seen Icarus, though." She said, frowning. "But then, I didn't think I'd see you again either." When he nuzzled her she nudged him beneath the chin, licking him across the nose. "Didn't think you could escape me, did ya? The Sadiras always seem to find one another again eventually." Ember definitely wanted him to watch, if not join in, but she looked to Cercelee. "Is it okay if he does? I don't mind--he could be the King of the Castle!"

[/html]
[html]
I like your table James!

Cercelee sat still while the two exchanged their greetings. The cream colored male introduced himself, Kansas, finally spoke the female’s name, Ember, and explained how their knew each other, siblings, all in one sentence. Three birds with one stone and three less questions Cercelee would have had to ponder over later. The reunion was interesting to watch, touching certainly, and Cer couldn’t help but wonder what she would act like, had her brothers lived. Tuki and Lisi. She shook the thought away, it did not matter because they were gone. She’d never see them again, save for in her dreams.

The Sadiras always seem to find each other eventually. The words would have made Cercelee laugh out loud had she forgotten herself for a moment, but as it was she rarely forgot herself and merely smiled at the two. Wouldn’t Ember be tickled to know just how true that statement was? Even Sadiras that had never met ended up thrown together. Yet Cercelee did not consider herself a Sadira, even if others did, and so she said nothing. Perhaps though, perhaps they would already recognize the name. Others seemed to know her before she knew them. Smiling at the male she spoke in her soft, musical voice. “I’m Cercelee... and of course you can watch. The more the merrier.”

Table by Tammi!

[/html]
[html]
Edit: Dude, reread this morning and found many a typo. Like always. Tongue And James I like your new table too!

It hadn't occured to him that Ember probably spent more time with Firefly now than he did, or could. The only image he had of his twin as an adult was from their recent reunion, and she had seemed all right to him. Changed, but also generally the same. Then again, no one else had been around at the time, and things were different between the two of them since they had been so very close as children.

Ember displayed that obvious sweetness with her returned greeting and kind words. He did find it amazing that the members of his family tended to run into one another. Haku and his mother was an example, and then Haku and Firefly... And then he had found Firefly, too. He could think of countless instances. It was almost overwhelming how many relatives they seemed to have.

Cercelee's pretty voice made him smile; he wondered if the female had given his sister her name already. Thank you. He laughed, finally finding his playful side. What an honor. I'm... glad to have you two lovely ladies in my court. Even the idea of him being a king was funny to him. It's becoming a very nice castle.

[/html]
[html]

She did have a different last name...which also happened to be their father's first name. It was strange. Ember had considered changing her name for a while, but wasn't sure about it now. She was too used to saying it. Ember Phoenix. Ember Sadira. It didn't really matter.

She turned toward the older female when she spoke, her brow furrowing. "YOU'RE Cercelee? You're my...what is it...Rosea? Haku said that you were running around, but..." It seemed so weird, that they would meet like this. "I didn't...I mean, I wouldn't have..." Acted so silly, maybe. But she had, so she had no choice but to continue.

"Thanks. I'm making the moat. We should find some animals to put in it...to protect the castle. Or maybe I could do it. I'll be the castle guard!"

[/html]
[html]
Whoo hoo. 200 posts with Cercelee!

The ghost like female grinned at the male’s compliments, on her and Ember as well the compliment on the castle. Turning back to shape the castle further, Cercelee was surprised at how agitated Ember’s voice came out. Turning back to the younger girl Cercelee nodded, chuckling. It was funny to her that Ember was more surprised that Cercelee was her Rosea rather than a relative. And funnier yet that she suddenly became self concious about how she had acted. If Cercelee had cared whether she acted silly or not, would she be sitting before the other two, covered in wet sand head to toe?

"Haku accepted you then?" Yes, her policy of allowing the others to accept and give a home to whoever came to their lands made it hard for her to keep track of everyone, especially when she was out building sand castles instead of looking after her lands. Cercelee turned back, using her sharp claws (they were so long and useful in were form) to carve out the fine details of the castle. Hearing Ember’s suggestion she turned back to them, and spoke in an all serious tone. "Now Ember, that really is silly. The moat is there for us to throw the king in when we overthrow him!" Cercelee smiled at Kansas before turning back to her work.

Table by Tammi!

[/html]