Time and Time again
[html]

Had Ember wanted to change her last name, he would have supported her. But Kansas was also sort of happy that she had part of their father's name. No one else in their family did anymore, since Icarus had died. The blue-eyed male hadn't been extremely close to Phoenix, but he had respected his father and there were times when he still missed him deeply.

The dark girl sounded genuinely embarrassed, apparently having realized that Cercelee was a leader of her pack. This was all news to him, and he felt a little awkward. But the kind woman reassured his sister that her playfulness was not unwelcome. He probably would have been just as embarrassed in the same situation; he was grateful to Cercelee for being laid-back.

He watched her make neat little designs on the castle - windows and things. I just hope there aren't any alligators. The moat was filling with water from beneath the sand nicely as Ember dug. Cercelee's threat put an exaggerated look of shock on his face, and he mocked shrinking down a little. I see why you're both making the castle so nice now. So you can enjoy it when the alligators have eaten me...

[/html]