}
.sivText {
padding:172px 0 0 213px;
font-family:'times new roman', times, serif;
font-size:14px;
}
.sivText p { margin:0; padding:0; text-indent:25px;}
</style>

She is in her lupus form and in the northern part of Drifter Bay. I would love if a Salsola member would run into her.

Many moons had passed along the unknown road. She had killed the horse weeks ago, now, and progress had slowed to a grinding and endless task. Even now her feet were heavy, moving with the drudgery befitting her journey. Behind her trailed a dark shadow, tiny and frail. She had made the right decision killing the boy; even having just one pup on this march was a task she barely managed. Siv had lost weight along the road, and wished sorely that the stupid horse had not broken its leg.

There was a low whine behind her and Siv paused. She had come to expect such a thing now that the pup was old enough to walk, and knew what it meant. Reluctantly, she lowered her head and emptied the small meal she had caught earlier. The pup ate heartily. While she did, Siv regarded the area. They had come far now, and she scented salt in the air. Wolves, too. While she had crossed by several wolves before, Siv had been careful and avoided them. A loner desperate for food might kill her daughter—something she would not allow.

Now, though, she needed to hunt. “Draugr,” she said sharply, her melodic voice weary. “I need to hide you again.” Used to the idea, the puppy yawned. Siv picked her up with a gentle-mouthed movement, and found a nook under a tree. Using dead leaves and making sure to mask the pups scent as best as she was able, the she-wolf concluded her task and trotted off.

The lands were unfamiliar, and she spent almost an hour attempting to scout the surroundings. Once she spooked a deer, but unprepared, it had bounded away and left her belly rumbling. Frustrated and hungry, Siv continued on, head low and body moving forward as it had for what felt like eons.

[/html]
[html]

wish granted XD sorry for the ramble post.

Word Count → 000

Odessa had taken her uncle's suggestion about 'using Trader if she needed to go far'. Granted today she didn't intend to travel far but all the same she prefered to keep the recent gelding home and safe. When she entered the stables, she couldn't deny she was tempted to chose Misty over him, but she still remembered the mare's nasty streak when she had ridden her once and made but a tiny mistake. Settling for a quick pat on the horse's snout, she scurried off to ready Trader. He was a docile thing, not too disimilar from Keshi, something which pleased the medic.

When she first found herself atop of Trader, she momentarily forgot the purpose for which she bothered the horse, soon remembering that today was another day that she found herself searching for more ingredients. Odessa laughed to herself, shaking her head in disbelief and kicking Trader on with a gentle, but none the less firm, action. Trader was very much like Keshi, shorter, without Keshi's awkward long legs that didn't fit his body.

Some while later Odessa found herself in a place she was unfamiliar with, forboding trees surrounding her all seemed to look them same. Again Odessa found herself loosing focus and when Trader paused abruptly, looking up in confusion. 'Hello?' she said shakily to the stranger, gripping a little tighter to Trader's mane.

<style type="text/css">
.razeodessa b {font-weight:bold; color:#ffffff; text-shadow:#99695c 1px 1px 1px;}
.razeodessa p {padding:5px 20px; margin:0px;}
.razeodessa {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#da8e80; background-image:url(http://i42.tinypic.com/2vbk9ec.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #ffffff; border-radius:10px; padding: 360px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#986359; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.6px; text-align:justify;}
.razeodessa .wordcount {color:#986359; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dashed #ffffff; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
.razeodessa .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]<style>
.sivTable {
background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/bLKIz.png);
background-repeat:no-repeat;
background-position:top center;
margin:0 auto;
width:500px;
}
.sivText {
}
</style>

Whoo!

The noise that caught her ears was one that Siv recognized. Horses had a strange gait when compared to wolves, and their weight made them noisy even against the soft ground. She stiffened and lifted her head. The wolves here were obviously Luperci, and, as she surmised from the girl’s clothing, somewhat civilized. A pack scent clung to her, but it was muddled, as if she had tried to hide it; perhaps this explained why she was so nervous.

Falcon-purple eyes focused on the girl’s pumpkin eyes. She was young, and likely unsure of herself. A target if the she-wolf had ever seen one. “Oh don’t be worried,” the dusky wolf cooed, settling onto her haunches. Any excuse to rest would be taken, especially while her belly rumbled still. “I’m hardly a threat to you or your mount, my dear. If I’m too close to your lands I can move elsewhere…?” Her voice turned up, questioning. If she could probe for information she could better position herself as to avoid irritating any neighbors. Siv was unsure of this place, and while the horse was promising, she was a realist and had little faith left in her.

[/html]
[html]

OOC here.

Word Count → 000

The dark creature calmed her nerves. Her slow, calm words had had a startling effect on Odessa. Immediatly she released her tight grip on Trader's reins. The woman spoke, and if her tone wasn't relaxing enough her words were. She meant no harm to anyone and was even willing to move away from the pack. Crap, the pack, Odessa scowled mentally, quick to hide her worry. She immediatly thought to lie, make a fake pack name and location. Or just lie about which pack she came from. She didn't know which one to chose so she stayed silent. Just smiling softly. 'No, you're fine'. Anyway, perhaps this would be a potential casing.

'What are you doing around here anyway?' she asked, her voice tinted with true curiosity. Didn't she know it was nearly winter? Odessa had decided that yesterday had been her hunting day, and in five hours alone she had managed to catch enough rabbit to keep herself for a month or two. Odessa had also begun smoking and drying them ready for winter, managing to find a large metal human made box to keep them cold in.

<style type="text/css">
.razeodessa b {font-weight:bold; color:#ffffff; text-shadow:#99695c 1px 1px 1px;}
.razeodessa {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#da8e80; background-image:url(http://i42.tinypic.com/2vbk9ec.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #ffffff; border-radius:10px; padding: 360px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#986359; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.6px; text-align:justify;}
.razeodessa .wordcount {color:#986359; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dashed #ffffff; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]<style>
.sivTable {
}
.sivText {
}
</style>

There was an art to manipulation, and it was an art that Siv knew all too well. She had done so for many moons. With her eyes following the girl, Siv recognized that she had won her over. For now, at least. It was not something that she imagined would be difficult, but it had been a long, long time since she had run into others. Arching her back with a smile, the she-wolf flicked one ear at the breeze.

“I’m looking for food. My daughter and I are strangers here—we have come a long way and I do not know these lands.” This was not a lie. She did not need to mention her exile, nor that her child’s father was her own cousin. No one would know her. No one would be able to catch her in that lie. “Do you know where I might go? I don’t wish to impose on anyone…” Another smile, another probing question. There had to be packs around, even if this girl’s did not wish for a dual burden in her own.

[/html]
[html]

short.

Word Count → 000

A daughter? Odessa saw no one else around so she could only assume the mother had hidden her to hunt. It sounded like a reasonable assumption and so Odessa accepted it as the most likely explaination. The woman spoke of finding a place to go, frowning softly Odessa thought. She knew where some of the packs where and most of their names. 'Umm' she hummed softly, 'There are many packs around here, most of them are further down towards the southern coast, but there are one or two near here...' She carefully excluded any word of Salsola, because after all. Secrecy was key in her home, and although she was not born there, it was how she now referenced it. Because Salsola was a solidity in her life.

Trader nudged the girl and with a gentle, reassuring hand. 'I'm sure that there are plenty of packs willing to take in those who need help, even if it's only for a shot time'. She smiled lightly, staring up to the much taller woman.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]<style>
.sivTable {
}
.sivText {
}
</style>

She was lying. Siv would have been able to tell regardless of the girl’s nervousness, but it was mostly because she too was a liar—and a liar recognized its kin regardless of what face they wore. The woman remained apparently oblivious of the fact, and smiled warmly at the girl from where she sat on the ground. Wherever she had come from valued secrecy. It would do Siv no good to press her now, though she could try other means…

The dark she-wolf’s face twisted into a grimace of doubt. “Oh, do you think so? I don’t know how they would feel about two more mouths to feed. My skills are more of a…spiritual nature,” she settled on, purple eyes darkening slightly. “Those are not always seen as gifts, you know. To look beyond our world is not simply to look into light. There is much shadow. Those who fear it often grow to hate those who are chosen by such a place…” She thought of her cousin, then, and knew that if she could hook another man as she had deceived him, she would survived here.

[/html]
[html]

OOC here.

Word Count → 000

'I'm sure of it' she offered up with a delicate smile. She didn't know by personal experience, but from what she heard the packs surronding the area were far from the stony, barbaric as some put it, nature of Salsola. Perhaps thorny would be a more apt description, Odessa mused, considering the thistle that grew in abundance around the territory. 'I should think that they'd be especially accepting of a young one' she added softly, brushing her fringe away and letting it fall in a more sutible place, close to where it originally lay.

The woman continued to speak, and her words provoked captivation in Odessa. 'No, I suppose people don't recognise such skills. It's a shame really...' Salsola did, after all the Crone had to read entrails, amoung other things. But she was sworn to secrecy. And she would never break that vow. For now she was happy to engage in polite conversation with the unfamiliar female. Though she suspected that there was something underlying here, both in the female's words and her own.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]<style>
.sivTable {
}
.sivText {
}
</style>

The girl refused to budge, and Siv found some respect for that. It was interesting to think what (or who) kept her silent about her home, and this intrigued her all the further. However, she was going to get nowhere if she tried to push her. Siv rose to her feet, a bulky, dark thing made up of various shades of stormcloud and night. “I agree,” the she-wolf said, and gave a slight nod of her head.

“I’ll see what I can find, then. Thank you for your help. Ride well, my dear.” With that, the woman turned and began to trot off. She would stay north for now, though she was certain that the girl did live south of this area. If she was careful, she could try and figure out what the grand mystery behind this place was. The girl had been silent, but she was well-fed, obviously well cared for, and she had seemed sympathetic to the idea of magic. Foolishness, but perhaps…perhaps something she could use.

[/html]