lost in my own backyard
Firefly smiled back at the lady leader and chuckled softly, commenting on the things that Cercelee liked to do, "It sounds like you're looking for a lover.. with those interests theres.. All romantic and secluded.. " she winked at the ivory lady and grinned, her kidding around having returned as she teased her leader. "You had better hope the boys don't catch on too quickly, since the girls don't seem to have anything to worry about..." she eyed the sapphire eyes woman with a soft hrmf as she gave a pouty dramatic look of longing. "Well, atleast I know where to find you if I want another try and changing your mind.. since these lovely storms aren't helping me.. maybe the beach will.." she sighed and stared up at the clouds as a bolt of lightning played in the distance, the thunder rolling not too far behind.

She hummed innocently as she watched the storm rolling overhead, another small suggestive comment following the last. "Or of course.. I could always show you the constellations.." she acted like she was pointing out the stars locations up in the cloudy sky, though she could really see them, the days at sea had been well spent on the deck at night learning under the hands of the sea dogs and later new ones and new names given in Ireland. She sighed and admitted. "I guess we're really not that different.. except.. I actually seem to be willing to take a daring chance or two..." she tilted her head to the side to view her cousin as she spoke, waiting to see what the soft snowy pelted lady would say.
[html]

Cercelee kept the smile plastered to her face, but really the bantering did not bother her one way or another. Beaches and stars had nothing to do with lovers and Cercelee had never thought them romantic, though she could see why the younger girl would. You don’t know that I’m not into the ladies. Of course, she wasn’t. But then, she wasn’t really into the men so much either. It was fun enough flirting back and forth with Slay, but that wasn’t what she wanted. All the males that she knew were flightily and anything female caught their eye, which in turn made Cercelee lose interest all too quickly. She had never felt any inklings of romance or love, and lust had only been present the one time she had a little too much to drink. Beaches and stars were for her, and her alone.

Cercelee looked up at the sky, stars were not visible with the thick grey clouds. She shrugged at the girl. You could, but I haven’t any use for constellations. I can make my own pictures out of the stars, why would anyone want to use someone else’s pictures? Cercelee perked her ears at the female’s last comment. Firefly didn’t really know her at all, Cercelee could already tell that they were not alike. What Firefly saw of Cer was only a face, one of many, and no one had really seen them all. That’s debatable. I haven’t seen you take any chances, so whose to say you aren’t the meekest creature I’ve met? Cercelee posed a question, her voice still playful, but the meaning serious. Perhaps Cer would walk away thinking Firefly more talk than action, and that judgement could be correct. What if people were only as much as what other thought of them?

[/html]
Firefly's eyes lit up as Cercelee spoke of the bronze girl not knowing what her leader was interested in. "Oh, ho!"[ she exclaimed. She had sparked Firefly's interests, that was obvious as she grinned a devilish grin before rolling over on her stomach and off the boulder to where she was out of sight of the ivory Rosea. She laughed softly as she heard the words the lady had said of the consellations and not really knowing if Firefly was as daring as she boldly said, or if it was just words talking. The whole time that Cercelee had been taunting her and playing at banter Firefly had slowly but steadily morphed back to her wolf form and was stretching out her long legs as she giggled at the thought of her being meek.

Bouncing over the boulder and sliding down the other side to meet nose to nose with Cercelee the bronze and silver girl smiled and ran her tongue across her maw before speaking up. "Maybe you should talk to Haku about how meek this little lady is.. or maybe I should just show you..." she teased as she lowered her rump and wiggled slightly, suddenly springing forward to try and pounce upon Cercelee. She'd show the ivory lady she was no meek little mouse, maybe the snowy fem would find she enjoy it too.
[html]

Firefly reemerged from the rock shifted into the wolf form. Cer smirked at the words Firefly spoke. It was clear that Haku and Firefly had been involved, from the way Firefly allude now and the body language she had used when Haku had come up earlier in the conversation. Meek people have seek as well. She wanted to say it, but she did not wish to speak or think of Haku in that manner. He was like a father to her, and he was also a sore subject at times. He had raped a female coyote, perhaps Firefly didn’t know or didn’t care, but Cercelee would rather not speak of sex in regards to a rapist. So she ignored the comment about Haku.

Cercelee sprung away from Firefly’s pounce with grace and ease. Agility and speed were the only real advantages she had due to her size, but even at a year and a half she still often found herself mock fighting like a child so she had a bit of skill as well. Navy eyes looked to Firefly, her feet ready to spring away at a moment’s notice, and tail waving out behind her. Well to do that you’d have to catch me first. And Cercelee knew that if she didn’t want to be, she wouldn’t be caught.

[/html]
Firefly's eyes lit up as Cercelee sprang out of her reach and with a swish of her tail was moving away. She grinned at the idea of having to catch her prey before claiming her reward, though she assumed that her first thought was correct and the leader showed no interest in being caught for this kind of prize. She laughed softly as a light growl played in her throat as she sprang after the ivory lady. "Oh believe me, I intend to!" she called out as she gave pursuit.

She gave a mock play of chasing after her, not really sure if this game was going to get anywhere, but intending on playing it out, she after all loved games and Cercelee was offering herself as the prize in the end, or atleast a forfeit from the leader was what Firefly was seeking. She smirked to herself as she followed the petite frame across the grasses, springing up in the air after that white banner of a tail and landing close behind the woman. "Com'mon, you must really want to lose at this rate!" she called jokingly as she dashed after the sapphire eyes lass.
[html]

Cercelee allow Firefly to stay once pace behind her. Cercelee could have upped her speed, but this was just for fun, and at this speed Cer would never grow tired. Normally her lungs, so petit in her small chest, would give out if she gave it her all, but Cercelee found that she was quicker than Firefly, and she even could bound ahead a few paces and look out from behind her, throwing a playful smirk at the female. And then she would leap off again, a quick bound, and Cercelee was leading Firefly farther and farther from the vineyards. Bound after bound, leap after leap, Cer made sure that Firefly was never far behind. It was the one of the few thing she excelled at, for she had no real special skills such as knowledge of herbs or star reading, but she could run.

After quite a long while of this type of chase, Cer bounded ahead a few paces and turned her head again. They had actually covered a lot of ground in this fashion, skirting the town of Berwick and Wolfville to the north although they could see the buildings clearly, and now they were very near to the destination Cercelee had in mind. Don’t give up now Firefly. I have no use for quitters in my pack. And then she leapt off again and then she broke into full speed, not really caring if Firefly could keep up now or not, because the lady would figure out where she had gone. Splash. It was not long after Cercelee broke out from the underbrush that she had leapt into their bay. The harbor, almost on the opposite side of the pack from where they had started. Cercelee paddled in a circle and her azure eyes turned up towards the land, ready to throw a grin up at Firefly once the girl joined her.

[/html]
Firefly followed her at a steady pace, the workout was nothing compared to the games of the far isle. She could remember the games of skill they use to play, races and competitions aplenty. DaVinci had always bested her in the short distance races but she could win anytime at the longer ones. She knew she had a equal match in speed with the ivory leader before her, if not better, but she wouldn't admit that anytime soon. A grin split her maw as she fell into the game with Cercelee. The taunting looks and just within reach sight of the lady coaxed her on, though the sheer thrill was enough for the coppery bronze lady.

Their travels had taken her far beyond the lay of the lands she'd really explored and she was trusting Cercelee to lead on in this adventure since overtaking the female would only lead in her being lost, though she had no want to overtake the girl since the leaders forfeit for being caught was the goal in mind. The laughter that rang out with the challenging words made her grin before calling back. "Never! I will claim my prize in the end!" she thought to herself, one way or another she would, though she figured that it was best to wait for the forfeit. The sudden speed of the other startled her but with a determined chuckle to herself she shoot after the other. The sound of her pads on the ground and the flitting tail before her was enough for her until she disappeared out of sight with a splash.

Suddenly Firefly learned where the splash had come from and with a laugh she plunged into the bay alongside the other female, the rain splattering around them as she paddled to seem the older lady. "You know you're in trouble now! All us seadogs can swim like fish!" The smile that split her maw as her eyes danced with mischief as well as the lightining dancing off in the distance stayed as she reached her leader. Instead of claiming her forgeit she splashed the other with a small wave and grinned, daring her to make a move.
[html]

Hope you don’t mind but I am going to end this. Trying to tie up older threads so I can focus on current plots >.<
Cercelee laughed at the girl as she got lost behind, though soon broke back into sight and came soaring through the air to land with a splash in the harbor as well. Quickly her eyes shot to the sky, trying to judge the time. They had been at this for a while, laughing and engaging in the silly banter. It was fun and all, but how long could it go on? The storm was growing, thunder was louder now and the rain beat harder on the ground, on the trees, on the water. Her body was not tired, but her mind was. She often became tired these days, thinking about the pack was more work that Cercelee had originally believed. Cercelee splashed the other female back, as large a splash as she could make, which was surprisingly large for the size of the female and the fact that in her wolf form she lacked hands. As she did this, sure that Firefly was preoccupied with receiving the splash she dove underwater. It was a gift that she could swim so quickly under water, although her small lungs did not allow her to stay there long. Thankfully the shore was close and she emerged from underneath the water just seconds before emerging to shore. Looking over her shoulder she looked back to Firefly, smirking to herself. I’m sorry, but you’ll have to try again another day. I must be off, things to do any all that. And suddenly she vanished, her gait still playful, though much quicker than the pace she had set before. Firefly might match her in speed, but Cercelee had the home advantage, Firefly was still knew and did not know the lands as well as Cer. Firefly could track her, but after figuring out all the shortcuts Cer knew, it wouldn’t be worth the time. Cer would already be curled up somewhere, sleeping.

[/html]
She'd enjoyed the harmless play between the leader and herself and when she'd disappeared under the water Firefly just smiled and treaded water slowly in circles, knowing the lady would have to surface sometime. When she surfaced along the shoreline Firefly smiled to herself, knowing the game was up. She'd learned what she needed of the lady and if she wanted to continue the game once more she could always try but it was obvious that girls really weren't to the white fae's liking.

Firefly watched silently as the lady dashed off through the trees and off towards the packlands once more. She smiled to herself and paddled slowly to shore. Shaking the water from her pelt she felt the fresh rain cleanse the sea from her fur as she slowly paced herself home. There was no use in running, the storm was already here and she had all the time in the world to make it back to the packlands. She stopped and turned back to gaze at the harbor as she smiled to herself and shook her head. She'd get the tiny lady one day, not today, but one day.