All the things you didn't know
[html]

No strict posting order, if the person ahead of you is taking too long, skip them. Please reply at least twice, once for your wolf to arrive at the meeting and once for them to acknowledge whatever it is Cer and Haku have to say. More replies are fine, you are not limited to just two.

The time had long since come. Although Cercelee was sure that the many members of the pack had heard about the going-ons, it was time to officially address everything. Inferni, Colibri and Haku, all would be discussed with the pack, as well as a change in ranks. They also had new members, and Cercelee wanted all those who did not know each other to get a chance to meet. The young female did not like the idea of a scattered pack, although she realized that the larger their pack got, which was good, the harder it would be to keep them all a close knit group, which was bad. They could try though. And she wanted to keep them all included in whatever was happening, and so the meeting today was very necessary, at least Cercelee thought so.

The female had come to Haku’s dwelling, once Colibri’s, around noon and asked him to come with her. He was the Lilium now, it was important to show the pack that, and so he would be present when they all arrived. Although it had rained during the morning hours, the sky had cleared up and Cercelee led Haku through the dampened town of Wolfville, right to the very center. In the dead center of the town a large park sprawled out, once the town square of Wolfville, now the perfect place to hold meetings and gatherings for Dahlia de Mai. The park was large enough to accommodate the whole pack and then some, with a circle of large decorative boulders and stone benches in the center of the park for them to lounge on. There were a few statues that Cercelee did not know the significance of, but they were interesting none the less. Off to the side of the park there was also a large gazebo, much worn by time and weather but still standing. Although she could have chosen this for her own place to stand, she took instead one of the large boulders for a perch, so that the others could sit in the grass or on their own boulder. This was perfect because it allowed them to be official, yet informal, and the circle arrangement meant that they all could face once another quite easily. Cer left it up to Haku if he chose a boulder, bench or the grass.

Throwing her head back, Cercelee let out a much musical call, long and low and then growing in strength. Pausing for a moment, Cer looked to Haku, indicating that he could join her in summoning the pack if he wished, he was after all he partner in leadership now, and she would treat him as such. Continuing the call, Cercelee felt far better about all the events of the past months than she had in a while. She’d feel better still once the whole pack knew everything that was happening.

[/html]
OC: This is a bit of a minor change, but I'm changing Etal's species to a Harpy, since its easier to find pictures and information about them. Hope thats not a problem Smile It basically just means she looks a little different, and is bigger.

IC:
Her hearing was, along with her sense of smell, her best sense, and the howl was easily heard. Sharp icey ears swiveled to catch the sound and hold its location. WindSeeker was again thankful she had chosen a pack who utilized some form of human streets. It made getting around for her immensely easier than trekking through the forest would have. In wolf form she exited her dwelling at a happy trot, feeling relaxed and happy, emotions she had not been used to feeling before her arrival at Dahlia De Mai. Pausing, the petite female flagged her plumed tail, glancing back at the grey bird who was forever her shadow, "No smart ass comments from you today, Etal, I don't feel like translating," The large grey bird ruffled her ash grey plumes, flexing her charcoal wings, " Needed, Commentses are. Should appreciate Etal, Singers should," muttered the bird.

"Riiight, whatever," Wind said as her paws gained the asphalt and she began the ground eating stryde of the wolf, confident, based on the man made streets, that she could move easily and wilth little hinderance. Cercelee had called the meeting, one of very few packmembers she'd actually met. She was also the Alpha. Wind didn't really get the customized rank names, and thought in terms of Alpha, Beta, etcetera. It was just easier that way.

"Cercelee is in the parkses, she is," said the twenty pound bird, rather unnecessarily. "I know that, I'm more familiar with this place now. Anyone else there yet?" Wind asked, hoping she was not the last one. She hated being last at meetngs. The huge bird flew higher, dark eyes searching and came back down, "Nope! Slow, other Singers is!" she trilled with pride. Rolling her eyes, the ice furred female turned into the park, assuming a more submissive stance, as she was, to her knowledge, the lowest ranked in the pack. She had, from what she could remember, always been the lowest, but it was a lot in life she was used to. At least she was in a pack. She picked a nice flat boulder on which to sit. Being the tiny female she was, Wind didn't need anything ostentatious or large. Etal, who was as tall as she was when on the ground with Wind in lupus form, nodded once to the leader of the Singers and winged her way up to a sturdy tree branch overlooking the place where her blind companion had seated herself. Wind wondered how to address her alpha in such a circumstance, and managed a somewhat uncertain smile and said, "Rosea, Cercelee," Most packs from what she'd seen had different formalities during meetings, and it ws best to play it safe in her mind.
For once she was actually trying to do something constructive when she'd heard the howl cut through the lands. Growling at the horrible timing she abandoned her chores of trying to clean up the old human house she'd found and padded out to the porch. Sitting on the railing she raked her nails through her mane as she shook the dust and dirt from her face. She turned towards the sound of the voice which wasn't actually too far off and was tempted to ignore it for a bit, she was actually trying to do something for once and the sudden demand for her attention was requesting a little to much of her time. Sighing to her self she roll her eyes at the thought of what would happen if she didn't reply and show.

Instead of just walking off to join the meeting she transformed into her quad form and gave her pelt a good shaking before laying tongue to fur and giving herself a good wash. The taste of the grim and grit in her mouth wasn't exactly something she'd wanted but she'd just stop and get a drink on the way to the all important gathering. Yawning and stretching out her legs she smiled at the burn of pain and the creak of her back as she finished loosening up her frame before padding down towards the calling, thinking to herself, better late than never.

It didn't take her too long to find the small gathering, already Cercelee and Haku were there, the young Sadira's eyes glittered with dark humor when she set eyes on the male before turning away to see who else had shown so far. Impressed that all the time she'd spent trying to be late and she was still within the first few to arrive she smirked to herself and sat back on her haunches, nodding to Cercelee, her light irish accent filling the air as she spoke up, "Hello Cercelee.. " Her emerald eyes turned dancing to Haku as a devilish smile played across her lips for mere seconds before she greeted him as well. "Haku.." The one word was soft and drawn out as she lowered her gaze a moment before turning to see who else was about to arrive. She was rather curious about the strange new wolf near her but didn't say a word, she wasn't the one who'd called the meeting, she was just attending.
[html]
Slowly and reluctantly, the black-and-white marked male emerged from behind the gazebo, pale eyes riveted on the ground. He could not resist the call, of course, but this was the last place he wanted to be. He had not faced Haku since the chocolate-furred male had joined... Just like that, he had gone from a possible friend, or at least an ally, to someone who needed to be avoided. Slay padded silently to the edge of the circle, nodding a quiet acknowledgment to Firefly, whom he had met; Windseeker, whom he had seen but not spoken to; and Cercelee, the one he trusted. Finally, the arctic wolf settled on his fluffy haunches on the grass, resting his head sullenly on the boulder before him.

It's better to know, he told himself. I'll finally find out everything that's going on. And then... and then I can wander off again, I don't think they need me. Unless... Cer might be taking me up on my offer... Nah, she doesn't trust me that much, or at least, she shouldn't... His mind was whirling with nervous thoughts. As their pack grew in size, so did its problems... No, that wasn't the right way to look at it. They needed numbers to handle the problems. He stifled a nervous yawn, and glanced plaintively to Cercelee, his blue eyes inquiring whether or not there was need to worry.

[/html]

Toldja I'd get a reply up today, Kris, lol!

[html]

http://avatars.ourdarkarts.net/souls/others/han_top.gif); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: left top; width: 400px; padding: 0px;"> 
http://avatars.ourdarkarts.net/souls/others/han_bg.gif) repeat-y; width: 400px;" align="center">

When Cercelee's cry fell on her ears, Hanna took a moment to prepare herself. She had to come, it was necessary, and they (the pack) needed to see their Herbalist, needed to know that she'd be there for them. So packing her satchel and fixing her belt around her hips, she emerged from the clinic she'd chosen to adopt as her den and workplace, and began to walk toward the park.

She had found a whole slew of interesting objects in the abandoned hospital, things she wasn't even sure how to work, but she was learning. She decided as she walked that she would visit the other packs and see if they had any books or the like that she could learn from.

Approaching the leaders perched upon their rocks, but without really studying them, as well as the female she'd greeted at the borders, Slay, and another new one that Hanna didn't know. Mismatched orbs flicking around the trees, Hanna spotted the bird that was WindSeeker's closest companion, nodded to her, then greeted the others with a generalized, "Hello all." She made her way to one of the benches and sat, rearranging her sheathes without making a show of them.

Another glance around made her frown. Where was her sister? Shouldn't she be here? And why did all the other wolves keep to their lupine forms, instead of utilizing their Optime additions? Hanna glanced at her arms, her legs. Was she strange for keeping to this form?

http://avatars.ourdarkarts.net/souls/ot ... bottom.gif); background-repeat: no-repeat; width: 400px; height: 27px;"> 

[/html]
[html]

When she had heard her rosea call out for them to gather, the femme had sighed. It was relief, and it was bother. Effort. It would be good to get all the cards on the table, but it could also potentially be bad. It was not because she did not wish to meet everyone, but she expected there to be arguments, heated discussions. She had a good day today, and she didn't want this to ruin it. But, of course, she could not avoid the gathering, and she had information and opinions she too wished to share. It might very well be her words that might cause arguments, but then so be it. She was a creature with strong opinions, and it was not her fault if others could not deal with it. Wouldn't be the first time she got in trouble for it anyways. Her two legs carried her easily along the paved streets of Wolfville as she closed in on the city center, where the others would be waiting. She hoped some of her own questions would be answered tonight, and she hoped she could help with answering others' questions. Uncertainty and insecurity never led to good things, thus people needed to know what was going on.

She was among the last to arrive. She had expected that, having walked quite a distance to get here. The new wolf, said to be named Wind, was here. Her appearance mirrored herself and their rosea, it was strange how there were so many of them in an environment that did not support the pelt color. Mew had heard about her and her bird friend, and quickly spotted the creature sitting in a tree, looking at them. She nodded to the bird, greeting it on the same level as the wolves present, as she did to everyone in turn walking past them. Another new face was here, another female, but the handsome male she had let stay here earlier the same week had not yet arrived. She nearly smirked at the thought of besting him; he was arrogant, and she liked it. He was quite frankly too handsome for his own good. The fact that she got here before him though, brought up her childish side, and even though it was no competition, she had won. It pleased her greatly. Among the people who was here though, Mew quickly spotted Hanna in her human-like form. She decided to stand at her side; they would stand out less if they stood together. Ever since the birth she had longed to dress herself with two arms and two legs, but she had been too weak, mentally. Today had been the change, and she was proud to walk on two legs again, her guitar on her back in a leather case she had crafted earlier the same day. She put a hand on her aunt's shoulder, a sign of affection, and shot a smile at Haku, in a quite secretive manner; she didn't want Cer to think she didn't take this gathering seriously. The wellbeing of the pack was very much important to her.

[/html]
[html]

The black and bluish male looked up from the water, scattered around him lay the sorry remains of what once was a rabbit. He had feasted upon them since his arrival on this land, and he wasn’t really ready to quit his festering yet.

The shimmering howl pierced through his ears, there was no doubt, the pack was assembling. He took another sip of the water before he started making his way for the sound. As he was pawing through the bushes and trees, he was still licking blood of his mouth. There was no doubt in his mind, this place had the best rabbits.

Des hadn’t really met any of the other pack members yet, he had surely smelled them at occasions, but other than that, he had fairly little knowledge about them and whatever was happening in the pack. Hopefully this meeting would clear up some stuff.

He could smell the lot of them by now, they were near. Vain as he was he quickly hurried up his paste and as he was running through some bushes he started to concentrate on his own limbs; his pawns and his back legs started to stretch out, his joints cracked into place. The males back started to curve and his pelvis lifted him up. Down from his head a long black blue shimmering mane grew until it reached his upper back, and his white greyish chest was now blotted for everyone to see...it made an arrow form down to his crotch.

Before making his entrance, he slowed down, and made the last finish on his look. On the left side of his mane he tide in some turquoise beeds and some eagle feathers. There, perfect!

He walked nonchalant into the glade, nodded to the leader whom he didn’t really know, before finding a place in the grass. He liked better to sit in the grass, stones were too cold for him, maybe that was what separated leader types from followers; leaders like to sit on stones, while followers likes to sit in grass where it’s more comfortable.

He looked around for one familiar face, and found her quickly sitting next to another female. Though she had won the “getting - there - before - the - other”-game, he had so owned the best “I’m late, but I look good” contest. He smirked at her, throwing his head back a little, thus making the beeds in his head meet making the sweetest little clinging sound.

But this wasn’t really the time for flirting, everyone around him looked far too serious for that. He killed his smirk, but kept his relaxing pose; leaned back on his left arm, with his left foot straight on the ground, while his right foot was bent upwards with his right arm relaxing on it. A soft breeze blew threw his mane, he looked over at the White again, studied her for two seconds before completely giving his attention to the leader. But maybe he could play with her some later......then again, like she had said earlier, there were a lot of females here, no need to pick the first and best. There was enough of Des to go around. He smirked a little to himself.

[/html]
[html]

Haku will post after me and then you guys can post again. 831 words XD
The Rosea waited patiently perched on her rock, regal and serene. One by one the members began to file in, Windseeker, Firefly, Slay, Hanna and Mew. She greeted them all with a polite nod and a cheery smile (and to Slay, a reassuring glance that all was well), yet not addressing any of them personally, not yet. As she was preparing to start the last one showed himself, a male, and one she had yet to meet. By the look he gave Mew it seemed that the ivory female with the emerald eyes had accepted him, and Cer smiled to herself, satisfied. The pack was growing, and with the addition of Haku and this new male, the gender ratio was evening out, both of which were positive signs. Navy eyes peered about at the assembled members once more, half shifted into their luperci form and the other half, like herself, plain wolves, and then she cleared her throat, they had a lot of information to cover, but she didn’t want to keep them all day.
"Thank you all for arriving so quickly, I have quite a bit to go over today, but I will try to be quick about it." Her warm voice flowed over them, confident and friendly, and yet inside she was a little nervous. It was one thing to be pals with her pack members one on one, it was another to stand before them like the leader she was suppose to be. This was suppose to be Colibri’s job, she was suppose to be the glue that held them together and Cer was suppose to be the right hand man. "As you can see, we’ve grown in numbers some, and I feel that a pack must know it’s own members, so if you’d all please, take a quick second to introduce yourselves to those you have yet to meet, for those who I have not accepted personally and not yet met, my name is Cercelee, and you’ve probably guessed, but I am your Rosea, or alpha if you wish to call me so." Really the only one who did not yet know her was the new male, accepted by Mew, but she spoke her rank out loud for the benefit of those who probably did not know what Rosea meant. They would have to get use to the silly rank titles.
"I’d also like to point out two promotions in our ranks, Slay and Windseeker." Navy eyes turned to them as she spoke. “Slay is now at the rank of Circèe, which means that he can now accept newcomers at the borders and invite others to stay in our pack, while Windseeker holds the rank of Bluet, which means that if she wishes she may now choose a co-rank. Those of you new to the pack, Filixs, will find yourselves at these ranks one day, so I just wanted you to know what these ranks meant in terms of responsibilities and privileges.” Cer paused a moment, she felt silly standing before them all, lecturing, but they hadn’t even gotten to the meat and potatoes of the meeting yet. Meet and greet was well and good but there were more important issues that had to be addressed.
“While some of you may have heard rumors, and some of you are too new to know what is going on, I feel it’s only fair to keep you all informed of the going ons in the pack. Many of you have caught wind of the fact that Inferni has decided to wage war on us. Haku, having been involve in this since the beginning can tell you more of that,” Cer glanced at Haku and then back to the pack. “However, for now you have no reason to fear them as I believe the clan is just watching and waiting for now, but I do caution you to be a little more alert when straying near their territory.” Cer paused to take another breath, she hated having only negative news to give them, but she wanted to be completely honest with them. “Colibri, who for those of you who never met her was our other Rosea, has chosen to leave the pack, leaving me alone to lead. However, her son Haku has joined us, and as I do not wish to lead alone, especially at a time like this with the pack being so new and Inferni on our heels I have made him the new Lilium, or beta. If any of you have any questions or concerns about any of what I have spoken, please do no hesitate to speak out, this meeting is not for me to lecture at you, but so that all of us can voice what we feel is important.” Cercelee let out a sigh and glanced around at them all again, having said her part, she looked to Haku, wondering what he would add.

[/html]
[html]

I fail Sad

[Image: tablespacer.jpg]

Compared to Cercelee, Haku held his face neutral as always when the Dahlia members arrived. There were two he had not seen, but that was all. However, when Firefly arrived and threw that smile and look at him, he could not stop a sly smirk from approaching and staying there for a few seconds before he looked away and up at the Alphess instead. It was odd that the little girl he had taken care of now was all grown up and his pack leader. How strange things worked at times. His gaze did not stick to her for long, and he let his eyes wander from member to member as the Rosea handed out promotions.

It was not before she came to his subject. A quick mention of what was going on between Inferni and Dahlia, but moved on quickly on with Colibri’s departure and his arrival. He flickered his ears briefly as the ivory female asked if anyone had any questions or concerns. Maybe they had, but then they would simply have to raise their voice after he was done saying his, which was not an awful lot at all. Some of you may have noticed, some not. We are currently in a rather tense situation regarding the coyote clan, Inferni. This may be news to most of you, but we lost two fresh pack members a while ago because of an assault, here, by our borders.

He threw a glance at Cercelee. He did not know how much she had told the rest of them, but it was no point masking the truth in soft lies to make the other wolves feel more secure. Many of you have collided into a coyote at some point, and I am sure more than one of you have experienced being insulted, threatened and, or attacked. Mew had, Haku had several times. He did not want to use her as an example, it would have been thoughtless.Something has to be done, as the situation is now, we will establish connection to the other packs, to try to strengthen our position. And at the moment we should be careful, and watch our borders.

He wondered how far Cercelee would let it go, let them go before she said stop. Thing is, they have always been hostile, always spread fear in the lands. It’s about time we stand up for ourselves, especially when they go after our members inside our own pack territory. We will not allow it. If they had what it took to stand up was something only they knew. Do you agree?

[/html]
So they came, most of whom she hadn't met. Though Wind missed the subtle exchanges she was awarrof the ebb and flow of moods and the generalities each wolf presented as he or she arrived. Taking note of the males, Wind sighed inwardly, thinking first they might be nice to know, but then having doubts. She'd never been comfortable where physical matters were concerned. Perhaps it was due to her sheltered childhood, followed by months of soitude, but she knew she absolutely wasn't interested in the casual "player" type. Her father had been too much of that type to make her want to endure another male like that, especially when it was optional. You can't pick your relatives, after all. Icey ears pricked when the Alpha spoke, and surprise filled her when she was told of her promotion. Imagine that, she wasn't an Omega, on the verge of being kicked out. This was a change! She smiled softly, showing none of her inner surprise to those around. Wind was very skilled at hiding her reactions and feelinggs about matters.

The strange male, Haku was his name, spoke, and he spoke of coyotes, Inferni, they were called here. She thought of the hybrid she and Etal had met, Red Sol. "What of the coyotes or hybrids asscoiated with, but not members of Inferni. We, Etalpalli, and I," She gestured to the large eagle, "Met one a while back, Red Sol, I think his name was..."
Firefly had noticed the glance her way as a smirk played across his lips, she tossed her head back as she closed her eyes a moment, remembering their time earlier that week. She felt a shudder race down her back as she remembered the danger and thrill of the current that had flowed like electricity through them. Within a few moments she had settled down except for her feet moving back and forth a few times as she watched the others gathering. As soon as they all seemed to arrive Cercelee had begun to speak while the hush fell over the assembly.

Firefly listened, though unlike most she already knew what was going on for the most part. She sait quietly while Haku was introduced as her right hand man and Firefly's eyes trailed to him a moment before going back to Cercelee for the remainder of the speech. She sat there quietly pondering the things that were said before the words were turned over to Haku. The bronze and gold girl flicked her ears forward to listen to her plaything become all serious, it took her a moment before the truth of the war came out for her to think about this all. She was noe expected to be part of this, to take her place alongside her packmembers and fight for what was theres.. while another part had promised another she wouldn't put herself in the middle of the crossfire. She shook her head as she came to a point where she'd have to make a choice and wasn't sure what that was gonna be.

When his words were over there was a moment of silence before another spoke up, Firefly turned her gaze to the silvery white wolf with the bird of prey. The words she spoke were serious, but as far as the young Sadira had figured it was Inferni against them, not them against every flea bitten halfbreed and coyote. She shook her head and stayed quiet for a moment before asking... "What's the plan then..." her eyes were shinning with the thought of the exciting times to come, though she wasn't sure what was going to come into play soon, but she knew she would have to make that choice when the time came. She'd act the part now, but that didn't mean she'd dive into battle when the time came, atleast, she wasn't for certain on that. She still had time to figure this all out.. if she even cared to try to.
[html]
Slay's ruff bristled at the approach of yet another flirty male. This one seemed interested primarily in Mew, just as Haku had eyes for Firefly. Oh... Perhaps Haku would resent the attention given to his sister. Maybe Slay didn't have to be the one to act uncomfortable. But that didn't seem likely. He let his ice-blue eyes flutter shut, ignoring all the subtle glances and inspections going on around him. Cercelee had acknowledged him; that was enough to endure the meeting, for now. The tall arctic wolf let his chin remain resting on the stone before him, haunches planted firmly in the tall grass. The group of two-leggers no longer bothered him as much as it had in the beginning; he was beginning to see the usefulness, from Hanna's medicine to Mew's music. It still seemed a bit unnatural, though, at least when the luperci chose that form as more comfortable than being on all four paws...

Slay's musing was not interrupted until Cer announced the rank changes. He what? He had been promoted?! His lazy posture was immediately rectified, sitting bolt upright with his white-tipped ears perked ramrod straight. He dared not to say anything aloud, since it would interrupt the Rosea in front of her subordinates, but it honestly surprised Slay. Cercelee had actually taken his offer to heart! It was not a huge promotion, but having the power - no, responsibility - to recruit new members was vital for their small pack. Growing, to be sure, but still small. Cer wanted his help after all! It both brought a smile to his face and a huge weight in his chest. Having a higher rank than most of the others sitting around him was a strange sensation, and for him, not a pleasant one. But he asked for it, he had to come through. Don't run away, you made a promise... Just think of it as orders...
Who could he get to join Dahlia de Mai? Wait - hadn't Labyrinth Glen disbanded recently? He could ask his friend Iskata! It would be pleasant to have her around, he thought with relief. He would go look for her when this meeting was through.

As the news continued, most of it bad, Slay felt his spirits dropping again. So Colibri was gone for good, after all. And it wasn't just border tension, but actual war? Haku's words... He was not speaking of defense, but of an attack, a retaliation. Slay had been lucky; throughout his wandering, he had not been attacked by anyone. He had not even seen a coyote, or at least that he knew of. Being new to these lands, he didn't have memories of Inferni whatsoever, and to be completely open, didn't know exactly what a coyote looked like, except that they were supposed to be smaller than wolves. How could they be dangerous?

"I... would prefer a good defense," Slay muttered, looking away. He thought of saying something humble and polite, like "if I may speak my opinion", or "with all due respect", but he did not feel respectful at the moment, and would rather be blunt. He was, as always, non-confrontational, but squabbling with a leader was better than fighting in some war he had nothing to do with. "Establishing connections sounds good, but when you speak of 'standing up for ourselves', what does that entail...?"

[/html]

500 words.

[html]

http://avatars.ourdarkarts.net/souls/others/han_top.gif); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: left top; width: 400px; padding: 0px;"> 
http://avatars.ourdarkarts.net/souls/others/han_bg.gif) repeat-y; width: 400px;" align="center">

It was a weight off Hanna's shoulders that Mew appeared, also sporting her Luperci form, and laid a hand on her shoulder. She recognized Haku and was a bit unsurprised that the male was taking up a position of leadership within the pack. She was also unaffected by the announcement of her sister's departure. The female had not seemed happy when they'd last spoken privately, not including the point when they'd both been working over Mew, trying to save her and her pups. A hand looped around her niece's waist and a tender smile inched across her face. She gazed around the gathering as more wolves appeared, taking in each individual's expressions as they came up, and noted with a bit of despondency that her pack seemed to be pairing off. Haku and the new wolfess had eyes only for each other, a new male was curiously interested in Mew (a fact that made her a bit jealous and protective, causing her arm to draw in a bit tighter.)

Then the meeting officially began and Hanna trained her attention to Cercelee and to her nephew. Cer took care of the more boring things, announcing promotions and demotions --speaking of which, her rank had gone down-- and then turned the conversation over to Haku. The male spoke of the tensions between Inferni and Dahlia, and Hanna found herself nodding. It wasn't exactly a secret that the coyotes were hostile toward the wolves and vice versa. That was a fact that had been truth since Hanna had been young in Chimera and Clouded Tears, over in the old lands. She was shocked, however, that there had been bloodshed. That was not typically the way of the coyotes unless someone instigated it, and she let her glance rove over each of her packmates. No, none of them would have been likely to do something, she thought.

Once Haku was done, several of the others spoke, voicing questions and concerns to the leaders. WindSeeker asked about coyotes and hybrids not affiliated with the war-mongering Inferni clan, and Slay asked what Haku meant by 'standing up for themselves.' Hanna spoke, then, attempting to answer them. I would think that any coyotes or hybrids not directly affiliated with Inferni should be captured and taken as prisoners of war unless they can provide sufficient evidence that they are not going to retaliate against Dahlia. And I agree. We should stand up for ourselves and fight to the death if that's what must be done. We can no longer sit back and wait for our fates to come to us.

She continued on, gaining her feet. As a side note for those who are new to the pack, I am the pack's medic. If any of you gets hurt, or sees another wolf who's hurt, sing out and I'll be there as quickly as I can. She hoped that the pack would place their trust in her. She would see, she supposed, in the heat of battle.

http://avatars.ourdarkarts.net/souls/ot ... bottom.gif); background-repeat: no-repeat; width: 400px; height: 27px;"> 

[/html]
[html]

As conversation started, Mew did not regret coming. It was important to her ot announce her presence in the pack; that she would no longer hide and be a loner with a pack name on her. She was not done grieving, and she would not be for a long time, perhaps never, but she had gathered herself and managed to get on her feet, and she would proudly stay there. Everyone would see, and could already see, that she was back to who she was. Perhaps with minor changes in the opinion sector, but still. And this war was an issue she felt strongly about. She wouldn't sit silent as she would have when she arrived. Now she knew people, and she trusted herself. The arm or her aunt that was resting around her waist tightened as Desaevio shot Mew a glance, but she acted as if she had not seen it. Slay also shot a glance at the two shifted females, but why she didn't know. Her green eyes looked from one to the other as they each spoke, and adressed her opinion to Hanna as she opened her mouth to speak. Her eyes lay on the blues of her rosea, however, sometimes shifting to speak to the whole of the pack at once. We should stand up for ourselves, I agree. But I also agree with Slay; let us focus on defense while we get more people behind our cause. I don't think we have the numbers to stand up to them just now, but with some diplomatic efforts we could get there. She paused, thinking of what Wind had spoken of. Prisoners of war. Where would they keep them? More importantly how would they keep them? Talk of taking prisoners made her uneasy; when put in such a powerful position over another being, many a wolf fell to evil. She didn't want to see corruption among them. After all, they were fighting the taint of evil from the coyotes, and thus couldn't allow even the slightest weakness within themselves. She hadn't signalised that she was done speaking, and none had spoken while she had paused, so she spoke again. Her voice was steady, and her eyes were fiery. This time she looked to Haku; after what they had spoken of she needed to make him understand the faith she had in him. She wanted him to see that he could have faith in her as well.

I don't think we should take any prisoners. Chase any coyote or hybrid away can he or she not heavily prove their allegiance to other groups than Inferni. If they refuse to leave, I suggest they die. After all, why would someone refuse to leave if they weren't associated with Inferni or involved in the war? The best coyote was a silent coyote - and the most silent kind of coyote was a dead one. If found within the borders, Mew thought they should be given the fair chance to prove their innocence, but hesitation should not come from Dahlia members in terms of punishing those involved in the war. There was pride in this, too.

[/html]
[html]

*Fail* Mew can haves tiz? Tongue

Not really knowing anyone, but still knowing his rank, Desaevio sat still on his place, keeping his pose of course. He listened to what his rosea had to say, so they were at war? He gleamed at Mew, she had failed to mention that, he smirked. Fooled again by the beauty of the beast, nevertheless, this could be a break in a rather boring and frustrating hunt that hadn’t yet resulted in the goal he had set himself; the death of a certain grey one. But her time was around the corner, there was no rush..

It was everyone’s turn to speak their mind, they all had questions, some even proposed answers. Not really caring if his rank was high or low, he stood up and opened his mouth My name is Desaevio Caesius, he said out loud with a clear and crisp voice, he turned to the rosea on the rock and gave her a humble bow to show his respect., not many of you know me, and unfortunately, I don‘t know too many of you he glanced at Mew I‘m new here, but I hope to make a worthy contribution to this pack. I‘m an experienced fighter, and I‘ve fought a couple of battles during my grownup years. he took a little pause, reminding himself not to give away his whole life story I believe that the smartest thing to do at first is to establish a strong defence and good alliances with other packs and for now don‘t go about killing any coyotes until we‘re strong enough to withstand any retaliations, although we‘re bigger built, we‘re probably physically stronger than them, so I agree with Slay and Mew, we don‘t have the numbers….but when we do, we shouldn‘t hesitate at all to bring the coyotes back to their submissive place.. He took a deep breath and sat down in the grass again, wondering, how long had the coyotes really been a problem? And why hadn’t anything been done about them yet? Slightly disturbed, he awaited the roseas and the others replies, he wasn’t used to there being any fights between two races, the fight for survival had been hard enough during his lifetime…but of course there had been a couple of wars between the clans.

[/html]
[html]

Cercelee stood silent atop her boulder, thoughtfully considering what each member of her pack had to say. No one mentioned Colibri’s abandonment, and no one objected to Haku’s position, which was a relief to the female. The newer members of course knew no different, and Mew was already aware of the situation, but Slay and Hanna seemed content with her decision and that made her feel more confident about it. Cercelee listened as Haku spoke of the Inferni situation, noting that he left out the details about his attack on Inferni’s borders, but perhaps now was not the time or place. And it really did not change their position. Inferni was still after them and the pack still had to know and decide what to do. Only Windseeker and Slay seemed to hold back or lack any enthusiasm for Haku’s announcement of war. Inwardly Cer smiled at their reserve, for it mirrored her own, but outwardly she expressed no emotions differently towards any of the members. The year and a half rosea did not agree with the war, but she knew that Inferni was past the talking stage and would not be content with a true, and that until one or the other group admitted defeat they would not have peace. Cercelee just hoped that the peace came swiftly and without many losses.
Some of the words that came from the members surprised her. Prisoners of war? Windseeker’s comment came back to her along with Hanna’s suggestion. Red Sol. He was completely innocent, Cer knew that without a doubt and the memory of that night would have made her flush red if she was not covered head to toe in white fur. "No. We will not be hostile outright to any and all coyotes, do not attack those on our border until they give you reason. Our fight is not with coyotes as a species, it is with the clan Inferni, and them only. You may be suspicious of anyone who comes to the border, but do not assume because they have a sandy pelt and larger ears than us they are here for blood. Make no hasty actions against them but do not let your guard down either. Remain safe but fair." Perhaps Haku would disagree, but Cercelee got say over what happened within the pack lands.
The last to speak was the newest male, Desaevio. Cercelee was delighted that although he surely knew few of them he spoke so openly and contributed so much. And by his words he seemed to know of which he spoke. Cercelee glanced at Haku to see if he had made the same observation, for perhaps Haku would want Desaevio to help with whatever Haku planned, if the newer male was willing. However he had the same concerns as some of the others, and the same ideas for alliances. Cercelee sighed softly. It would not be so easy. "True our numbers are low, however I do not think any of you should count on alliances from the other packs. I do not think many of them agree with the war and they wish mostly to keep their own packs safe by keeping them out of the fray." That had been the impression she got from the leader meeting and she doubted that they would be changing their minds. "I would, if any of you are so inclined, look for alliances with friends and family that are sympathetic to our pleas. You may have more luck there. I do however wish to make one thing clear. I will not require you to fight for us. The only thing I ask of you, aside from being aware of this whole matter, is that you do protect our borders and if you find one of your fellow pack mates in need than you come to their assistance." Cer’s eyes scanned the members. No she would not ask them to sacrifice themselves, Haku could not override her there either, but they did have to remain loyal to the pack. As that was all she planned to do.

[/html]
[html]

[Image: tablespacer.jpg]

They asked. Always questions. They were open, a good sign. It was important to have support from the pack. When his aunt spoke up, he threw a somewhat sharp glance at her. The idea in itself was not doable. The pack was too small, and such hostility towards loners and half-breeds would be silly. This was not how Dahlia had to be seen. He let everyone get the chance to raise their voice before Cercelee took the word and it again was his turn. She said some pieces he himself would have pointed out. He openly stated his agreement to her words by nodding at her words. Safe and fair.

Inferni is our enemy, lets not make more out of it than we have to. As for half-breeds and so on, do not treat them any differently just because of their blood. Cer would of course burst in whenever she disagreed, or at least he assumed she would. Protect the borders, be careful with new faces, wolf or coyote. Call for assistance if necessary, no matter if there is a concrete threat or not. Lets lay low and gather strength, and hope for the best. He moved his glance to the ghostly female with the feathery companion. If that friend of yours would be so kind to assist by patrolling in air, it would have been great help. He looked at the bird with an apologizing smile, but he did not know much of the lesser creatures, how much intellect it wielded, if it was worth talking to.

This had not turned out to be a war as of yet, but he imagined it would be soon enough. For now they just had to wait and slowly establish alliances with other wolves that had met coyotes in the past. He too doubted the other packs would help out. They only cared for their own. So yeah, Cer had voiced that part. He did not really have much more on his heart that he would bother to voice. Not yet.

[/html]
Firefly almost panicked at the words the others were saying as she realized that DaVinci was due back to the lands at any time. He had spoken with her and Magdalena before setting sail again that he'd return sometime before winter set in and though it was only summer she knew how time flew by. She flicked her ears back and forth as the words flowed around her, taking in the points of keeping up a good line of defense and watching the borders, she straightened herself up as Haku's words died away as she spoke up hastily, wanting the others to watch out for her brother, she didn't want him attacked just for his looks. "If you see a steel grey coyote around the borders.. Don't attack him. His name's DaVinci, I've known him forever and he may come looking for me, he's a bit grumpy and snappy.. but if you see him, please call for me.." She didn't gaze at Haku when she said the words, knowing how he seemed to feel about coyotes, while she didn't care for them either she didn't want to see her own brother hurt, who'd already lived through hell because of the wolves and coyotes of these lands.

She fluffed up her pelt as she stood straighter as she listened to them, the words that Mew spoke sent chills down her spine as she snapped her head back to Haku and Cercelee, expecting them to say something about prisoners or the likes, when neither did she spoke out against her own relatives words. "If it comes down to outright war.. we should keep prisoners. What if they do, what if one of us is captured and held behind their lines. Would we leave them to die? I bet if Inferni learns we killed all prisoners then our own pack members will fair the same." She whipped her gaze back to Mew, her emerald eyes steady on the female who harbored so much rage and hatred as she asked her. "What if it was you caught behind.." She didn't want to see anyone she knew killed because of their own sorry actions, and outright killing the others didn't seem to be the smartest. She shook her head and turned back to their leaders.

While a coyote that was kept alive was another mouth to feed or not to she knew that keeping them alive could be of an advantage in the end. A warped smile spread across her maw as she hinted at another option. "..We don't exactly have to return them to Inferni in the best physical condition though...If we return them.." For all she knew there would be no reason to return them, but killing them outright didn't leave them in the best position if one of their own was captured. She sat so calm as she made the suggestion, knowing it may take a moment for the thought to take full affect.
[html]
"Prisoners..." Slay breathed, a sick light reflected in his ice-pale eyes. "Do you really think that we will be in the position to detain the enemy? That it's in our best interest to capture and rough up some other clan's members? 'Gather strength and hope for the best.' That's the best advice I've heard yet." And from Haku, no less...

The arctic wolf rose to all four paws, letting his gaze sweep across his packmates. He could not pretend that he had any influence whatsoever, even with his new rank, because he had barely spoken to the wolves that he shared this land with - Mew, Des, Hanna, Windseeker, Firefly, Cer. But if they were at war, and all this was really going to come down to fighting, then he wanted to protect them... And if it would come down to hostages and torture, he could not in his right mind stay here. It was a chilling notion, that his packmates could even consider killing on sight. True, Slay did not know what he was dealing with. But he always avoided conflict... and this was more than he'd ever faced before. Was he strong enough to fight...? Physically, sure, but that wasn't the hard part.

"I... need some time to think. Forgive me," he said with a curt nod to Cercelee, realizing his actions could be disrespectful. Then he turned and padded away from the gathering, white-tipped ears set back apprehensively. This was unreal.

OoC: It seemed like we were wrapping up, so I let him leave... If there's still more to discuss, he's still in earshot. :3 I can edit it.

[/html]

[html]

Closing this in one week because I HATE when pack threads take too long. If you need some closure you may make one last reply. Any order, just post. Seriously.
Prisoners? They were still honestly talking of keeping prisoners? Cercelee shook her head. Prisoners might enrage Inferni further... yet they also could be used as a bargaining tool. Cercelee knew that much, yet she did not wish for her pack to stoop so low. Black mailing. War was ugly, and Cercelee wished again that they had no part in this. Looking at Haku she wonder what would have happened if she had gone to Inferni, told the leaders that he was responsible, to take his blood and leave the rest of them alone. She could have, she did not have to tell Mew it was fine when the female had accepted her brother. Cercelee could even cast him out of the pack now, but they were in too deep. And she couldn’t have done that anyway. Haku was doing what he thought best for his sister, and oddly enough she believed he was doing what he felt best for the pack as well.
"Any prisoners, and I hope there are none, should be returned in the condition we found them. Is that understood? We are not rogues. We do not need to use violence when it is not a dire situation." Cercelee scanned them once again, nodding to Slay as he left the group, knowing full well he probably shared her sentiments on this whole ordeal. And yet, some of the members seemed so blood thirsty in a way. Perhaps it was loyalty they were expressing, anger at the crimes committed against Mew and the new wolves on the borders, anger at any hostilities against their pack. And Cer could admire that, even if she could not join in. "Well, I think we are done here. Any more question or concerns, or any information you feel needs to be known, please tell me or Haku. As for now, I will retire and rest and I bid you all to do that same." Cercelee nodded at the assembled wolves once more and leapt from her rock, moving away quickly and soon she was out of sight.

[/html]