I'm at the edge of a dream
[html]

She carried all that she owned upon her back, books digging sharply into her spine with each step that she took. The girl had been too frightened to fully approach the borders of the pack before, but she had woken up this morning feeling just a little bit braver. Wretch had been considering going back to these packlands to find her sibling Pandemic again and attempt to squeeze more information out of him about the rest of their family (she had no idea where they stayed, only that Pandemic lived in this pack), but only recently had she been given the opportunity to take some time away from Ichika.

An extended stay away from Ichika, in fact. She wasn't certain if she would return there or not, after what had happened at their borders. She didn't know what to call herself now that she had broken one of the fundamental rules of peace in the pack from which she had come...whether she could even call herself a true Ichikan any longer. She had been ambushed just outside of the pack's territory, brutalized as she had been twice in the past, and had defended herself against her attacker. She'd taken their life.

Aqua eyes closed for a few seconds as she stopped tiredly, setting her pack down beside her. She was outside of their border line but near enough for someone to notice her, hopefully. Once her pack was on the ground the short canine joined it, sinking down against the trunk of a tree. She didn't want to be perceived as a threat and thought carefully about her behavior, biting her lip as she waited patiently. She was tired enough...she would wait all day if she needed to.

<style type="text/css">
.wretch-02 b {font-weight:bold; color:#82a75d; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #3a5a19; }
.wretch-02 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.wretch-02 {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#6e8755; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/PZAwW.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 310px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#254117; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.wretch-02 p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.wretch-02 p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Cue the Salsola scout <_< also, wretch is so cute!
Words: 361

Maggie was, to be honest, quite enjoying the new responsibilities given to her. As a newly-promoted Family member, she had chosen to show her loyalty to her home by making sure no one crept into the territory without her knowing. There had been that asshole of a wolf that she was required to kill; ever since that day, Maggie had taken to aimlessly walking the lines of the border all day long. Terah had been a rather large headache as well; she had found her and made her turn away from Salsola. The stranger had been stubborn and irritating, but as Maggie figured, it probably was just a part of the job and she’d have to deal with it as a regular occurrence.

On this particular morning, Maggie was patrolling on the other side of the river, having learned that this was where most strangers lurked. Most were too afraid to step any closer into the land, and Maggie didn’t blame them; Salsola valued secrecy, after all, and little was known about them to the outside world. Maggie had let it slip to Foxglove that this was her home and she had given several crucial details to her sister about her pack; while Eris nor Larkspur punished her for that, the new Family member still felt incredibly guilty for her lapse in thinking. That wouldn’t happen again. Foxglove floated through her mind as the lithe optime lady leaned against a tree, untangling the many necklaces draped around her neck. She never took them off, even at night, so this was a daily ritual for her.

Maggie’s ears twitched to the left as she heard a rustling through the trees. Curious, she stopped leaning on the tree and took off at a quickened pace. Before too long Maggie found the source of the sound; a rather pathetic looking wolf sitting on a tree trunk, a defeated look written all across her face. “Who are you?” Maggie asked sternly, though not aggressively. She grazed her finger along the blade of her little knife on the string absentmindedly, Maggie staring into the blue of eyes of the stranger before her.

<style type="text/css">
.magicbottle-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-size:12px; text-align:right;}
.magicbottle b {font-weight:bold; color:#c487bc; letter-spacing:1px}
.magicbottle p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.magicbottle-line {width:400px; border-top:1px dotted #c487bc; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
.magicbottle {margin:0 auto; background-color:#f2f7fb; background-image:url(http://i51.tinypic.com/68h21d.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 290px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#9497ba; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify; width:500px; border:1px solid #a3cae8; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
Table by Fae

[/html]
[html]

I'm so sorry for the long wait on this. It won't happen again! <33 I was away at my boy's and his parents had no internet (which I was not aware of previously XD) and I had no cell reception out there ;_; Friggin rural Illinois. <3 And noway, Magnolia is awesomerrr :333

She felt slightly bolder than she had in the past. Wretch was the type to avoid visiting others and interacting with others as much as she could; she kept to herself and found inspiration in her own imaginary worlds, much of the time. She was a girl obsessed with what her own mind could create; things in the real world were too scary most of the time, causing her much anxiety and fear. Her own imagination could take her to places that comforted her. Wretch was very tired and allowed herself to drift into a light sleep, aqua eyes closing and breath coming slower than before.

The young female was startled awake by a nearby voice, and she immediately leaped to her feet. She had no idea how long she had been asleep, if it had been hours or minutes, and she cleared her throat so she could reply to the other canine. She did not raise her eyes from the ground, though the necklaces around Magnolia's neck practically begged her to. The D'Angelo girl was a collector of jewelry herself, but was not so lavishly adorned; she had only a few bracelets around each wrist.

Wretch D'Angelo..I..Um..I think my family members may be here? I don't...I only saw one, Pandemic. But..I don't know. I think he lives here..I just wanted to see him Her nose twitched as she took in the scent that Magnolia brought with her; had she been around Pandemic recently? Wretch couldn't tell. She didn't know if this pack would welcome her in to talk or if they would make her stay outside of the borders...or if they would even be willing to tell her whether Pandemic was inside the borders.

<style type="text/css">
.wretch-02 b {font-weight:bold; color:#82a75d; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #3a5a19; }
.wretch-02 {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#6e8755; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/PZAwW.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 310px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#254117; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

sorry for the wait!

The worst part of this job was definitely the faking Magnolia had to do. She was naturally a sweet, kind character that wanted nothing more than to help others in need. But she had been warned by Eris that her new responsibilities meant turning others away that were unfit for Salsola’s lifestyle. She hated the pack’s secrecy; she hated how harsh the punishments were for breaking the law of Sirius. Maggie wanted nothing more than to welcome this nervous stranger into her home, but she couldn’t. It always made her feel hollow inside when she had to go against her own views on life just to please others. Still, Magnolia was faithful to her pack and would do whatever it asked of her.

The edgy woman before her spoke ever so daintily, and at the mention of Pan, Maggie’s ears perked in curiosity. “You’re a D’Angelo?” the Vendetta asked carefully, but it wasn’t after careful scrutiny she saw the resemblance. She looked the woman up and down, choosing to believe the stranger’s words. “Your family does indeed live here,” she said calmly, approaching the woman. The realization hit her; Salvia had mentioned Wretch when they had met on that fine day in June. “However, I can’t allow you to enter the territory,” Magnolia felt sorry for the woman. She was jumpy and all together not like the rest of her proud family. If she did want to reconnect with her family, Magnolia didn’t want to be around for that. But she also didn’t want to be the one to let Wretch into the pack territory and get in trouble for it.

<style type="text/css">
.Magnfreeb2 b {font-weight:bold; color:#b7b5af; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #000000; }
.Magnfreeb2-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#66645a; text-align:right;text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #000000;}
.Magnfreeb2 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.Magnfreeb2 {margin:0 auto; width:480px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... liafrb.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #b7b5af; padding: 215px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#66645a; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12.3px; text-align:justify; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #000000;}
.Magnfreeb2-border1 {width:484px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.Magnfreeb2-line1 {width:450px; border-bottom:1px dotted #3f3e37; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
Table by Alli <3
[/html]
[html]
OOC: Mine was an even longer wait D: My apologies!! Finals are now over for me Smile

She didn't know what the hold up was, why she wouldn't be allowed to come in and see her family. Couldn't someone go and get them for her, then? She bit her lip, thinking to herself. "Yes. I've been away from them for a very long time...I don't know if they would even recognize me any more. But Pandemic, he would. And I have a sister here as well...but I don't want to see her." The one who had attacked her that day, if her fuzzy memory wasn't failing her again. "I don't remember much about them..but they lived in a different pack before. Ana..something." She said.

Wretch had not been to visit that place yet, but she would stop by there as well on her way back to Tawny. She wanted to continue to travel a bit with her fellow ex-Ichikan, though Wretch had yet to abandon the pack herself. She still had her adopted father there, Saul, and didn't want to leave him behind without at least offering to let him come along with her. "I'm a part of another pack...I just wanted to see him. I don't know anything about this place or its rules" She tried to explain feebly.

<style type="text/css">
.wretch-01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#eddadf; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #ae5779; }
.wretch-01 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.wretch-01 {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#be93ac; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/BAyMu.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 270px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#af6487; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.wretch-01 p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.wretch-01 p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]<style type="text/css">
.terra-ooc {font-size:0.9em;line-height:1.2em;padding-bottom:3px;font-style:italic;width:85%;max-width:683px;min-width:490px;margin:0 auto;text-align:right;font-family:georgia;}
.terra {margin:0 auto;padding:0;background:#000 url(http://i51.tinypic.com/15dv2nr.jpg) no-repeat top right;width:90%;max-width:683px;min-width:490px;border:1px solid #BF7E17;outline:1px solid #000 }
.terra .in {margin:220px 10px 10px 10px; padding:5px; font-family:arial;font-size:1em;color:#DFDFDF;background:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/2ch2mwn.png);border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
.terra p {margin:0;padding:0;text-indent:30px;}
.terra .line { border-bottom:1px solid #4F0003; margin:0 auto 5px 220px;}
.terra b {color:#f9c5e8;font-family:georgia}
.terra b:before {content: open-quote; }
.terra b:after {content: close-quote; }
.terra a {color:#43213A}
.terra a:hover {color:#214055;text-decoration:underline}
.terra-credit {text-align:center;font-size:0.9em;font-style:italic;font-family:georgia}</style>

I’m a jackass, I’m sorry.
sosu: 277

Maggie furrowed her brow intently, listening to this fair-eyed woman speak. She seemed spacy and a little disconnected from reality, or something… Maggie wasn’t quite sure what was wrong. Magnolia bit her lip when her siblings were mentioned. This woman probably was speaking the truth.. but she looked so different from her siblings that Maggie still didn’t believe her one hundred percent unless someone were to validate her claims. You mean Salvia? And Anathema? the family member asked, curious. Why didn’t she want to talk to Salvia? She wasn’t the nicest creature Maggie had ever spoken to, but after her own run-in with her sister, she couldn’t imagine how that bond wouldn’t be there regardless of a separation. Perhaps something darker was lying there, between this woman and the jade-eyed woman that Sirius loved so very much.

At the mention of another pack, Maggie’s ears flattened and her eyes narrowed again. What pack are you in? she seemed too nervous to hang out with the coyotes, or anyone at all really, so Magnolia had no idea where this girl might hail from. I’m sorry my friend, but this pack is very secretive. I’m the pack’s scout, and as per my guidelines, I can’t let you in here unless I call one of your parents, or even Pandemic if you wish, to make sure your story is true. Would your family have ANY objection whatsoever with you being here? Because if so, I can't let you in. Magnolia wasn’t about to stick out her neck for this feeble, nervous woman if it would jeopardize her job.

Image by Sean McMenemy, table by Tammi!
[/html]
[html]

WC: 311 Ish fine! <33 Never worry about posting late. Because I am the king of posting late :3

She was definitely disappointed; this pack seemed to be the opposite of the place she was from. In Ichika, if a member of a packmember's family showed up on the border they would definitely be let inside...watched, but let inside. And brought to the member that they claimed relation to. Perhaps they were just more trusting than these canines...or more foolish. Wretch had been attacked right outside of Ichika's borders twice now, her leg only just now fully healing...she certainly didn't feel very safe when around Ichika's borderlands. Something about this pack felt more reassuring. It was probably for the best that they didn't let information like that out to the general public, to anybody who showed their face and claimed relations with a member of Salsola.

Yes. She answered, nodding her head. She's got a thirst for blood, from what I understand. We don't get along. That was all that she could say about it without revealing too much about her own failings. She'd been bested by the brown bitch and beaten harshly: she'd been ripped apart, broken, and left to die on the borders. I'm from the pack Ichika no Ho-en. We're very close to here..I would be surprised if you had not heard of us. I simply came here to seek a family member...to make them aware that I existed. I don't need you to call them, though, and take them away from their business. Just let Pandemic know that I came to see him, OK? It was all that she could do. The female had been more than tolerant of her. She looked upon Magnolia's beautiful jewelry once more before reaching around her own neck and removing one long silver chain. A deep blue stone swung on the end of it. This is for you...for doing this for me. I appreciate the favor. She said, holding it out.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]<style type="text/css">
.terra-ooc {font-size:0.9em;line-height:1.2em;padding-bottom:3px;font-style:italic;width:85%;max-width:683px;min-width:490px;margin:0 auto;text-align:right;font-family:georgia;}
.terra {margin:0 auto;padding:0;background:#000 url(http://i51.tinypic.com/15dv2nr.jpg) no-repeat top right;width:90%;max-width:683px;min-width:490px;border:1px solid #BF7E17;outline:1px solid #000 }
.terra .in {margin:220px 10px 10px 10px; padding:5px; font-family:arial;font-size:1em;color:#DFDFDF;background:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/2ch2mwn.png);border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
.terra p {margin:0;padding:0;text-indent:30px;}
.terra .line { border-bottom:1px solid #4F0003; margin:0 auto 5px 220px;}
.terra b {color:#f9c5e8;font-family:georgia}
.terra b:before {content: open-quote; }
.terra b:after {content: close-quote; }
.terra a {color:#43213A}
.terra a:hover {color:#214055;text-decoration:underline}
.terra-credit {text-align:center;font-size:0.9em;font-style:italic;font-family:georgia}</style>

…I suck. I’m sorry. :x

Magnolia listened to the girls story, choosing to remain stone-faced when she added that extra comment about Salvia. It was very true that Magnolia was practically a stranger to the girl; they had only truly met once, and Magnolia had a tendency to avoid the rest of her pack. Despite that, though, they were a family that the silver girl was lucky enough to be in. She let the woman before her speak, despite her irritation with her words.

Her story mentioned a pack that Magnolia was unaware of. However, how stupid would she look if she were unaware of it? She added scouting out the borders of the pack to her mental to-do list for a time when the weather wasn’t so cold. The girl continued on, and when she was finished, Magnolia nodded. If I see him, I will. She had never interacted with the man before but she was sure there would come a day soon where she would.

When the frail-looking woman handed her a necklace, however, her eyes widened in surprise. Magnolia finally decided to give Wretch a genuine smile, feeling sorry for her. Maggie grasped the necklace and carefully dangled the jewel close to her eyes for a further inspection. This is beautiful, thank you, Wretch, She said quietly.

Image by Sean McMenemy, table by Tammi!
[/html]
[html]

WC No worries! We can close it up now, I think, if that's ok! ^^

She'd done all that she could, for now. Wretch normally wouldn't have even had the nerve to approach a pack's borders, too afraid that she might be attacked and mauled by a member who wasn't happy that she was there. Some places weren't like Ichika, she was now realizing. In fact, most weren't. Each pack seemed to have its own culture and way of life that was separate from all the others...even packs that were quite close in proximity. She wondered if this was because of the way that canines lived..they protected their borders from outside influences, and perhaps they also protected their hearts from being influenced by the beliefs of others if they did not match up with that wolf's particular set of morals.

Wretch was glad that Magnolia had said that she would tell him. She had more necklaces and jewelry where that one had come from, and would try to give the female another gift someday if she met her again for being so patient with her. She considered herself rather had to handle, with all of her odd mannerisms. Most canines got annoyed with her quite quickly when she got shy or stammery. "You're welcome. I'll take my leave, now...hope to see you again someday, Magnolia"

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]