friend in need
Iskata was curious as to what her friend was up to nowadays. She wanted to check to make certain her piercings were doing fine as well as gather any new news of Deuce and her family as well. She smiled at the thought of meeting Sirius in his new pack as well as the thoughts she had of a new pack. She hated the idea that she'd lost her pack and they'd all moved on, but she couldn't just sit there out in the open and worry. She needed to belong but everywhere she turned there wasn't enough there for her. Friends, family, yes, but she couldn't exactly put her finger on what was causing her to shy away. She knew she wanted more than the packs could offer but she wasn't sure how to find it unless she created it. Sighing to herself she moved towards the cottage Deuce had claimed.

Clammering up onto the porch she called out to her friend, hoping that she was home.. "Hey! Deuce! You there?" she sat back on her haunches and waited. She really didn't feel like going all the way to Twilight Glen and becoming distracted by friends and family before finding the lady. Licking her paw as she broaded over the meetings she'd had recently with new wolves in the lands she wondered if Deuce was fairing well right now. She knew that she had been downcrest with her recent end to Lucifer's and her mateship.. She perked her ears in worry as she listened hard for her friend.
Deuce came out of the cottage. She'd made an awkward sling for her broken arm. The tip of one ear was gone. She looked a little well used. Scratches covered her arms and face, and one was deep enough that it would scar. It had been over two weeks since the fight with the madman, and she still wasn't sure what she'd done to provoke it. Wasn't even sure who her attacker had been.

She gave Iskata a crooked smile. Hey Iskata. Come on in. She gave a rueful smile. Seems I'm not a member of Twilight Vale anymore. Oh well.
When Deuce appeared a look of shock and surprise crossed Iskata's face, the words the ivory lady spoke of gave her the wrong impression as she felt her heckles rising along her neck. Her eyes flashed with anger as she asked quietly. "Did Lucifer do this.." Her eyes went from boiling anger to a grave darkness as she followed the lady inside, her eyes searching the bruises and gashes, from the sling to the nick taken out of her ear. She swore if Lucifer had done this she'd be on his tail for this sort of behavior.

Sitting herself quietly on one of the soft cushions of the recliner she eyed her friend up and down again before she asked how or why she'd left Twilight Vale. "What exactly do you mean? What's going on?" she'd come to ask Deuce to leave Twilight Vale, or atleast to find out her thoughts on starting a new pack and developing their own little world of happiness, ideas had been swirling in her head and she wanted to finally get them all out, but now her spirits were dampered a little by the sight before her.
Deuce actually laughed at the idea of lucifer harming her in this manner. Oh, no. Lucifer had nothing to do with it, I don't think. Unless he hired the guy to beat the hell out of me. The worst of it has healed by now. She shrugged her good shoulder, then told Iskata her version of what happened. Lucifer cheated on me with a male back before home burned. Before i got pregnant. I met the guy he slept with, and figured the perfect revenge would be to seduce the guy myself. Now that guy is running around crying rape, and getting everyone angry with me.

Anger shadowed her eyes. I didn't rape him, Iskata. It was perfectly mutual and consentual. It's not my fault he'd rather sleep with a guy than a girl, and didn't realize that until after we were done. He got me kicked out of Twilight Vale. That and the fact that lucifer and I have done nothing but fight since we spilt up. Bitterness tainted her vocals. He's still running around telling everyone I'm insane. Even Pilot came to find out if I was a danger to the boys. Even the boys think there's something wrong with me. And there's not.

She shrugged again. It doesn't matter. I'll get by. She brought a smile to her face. So...what's new with you?
She listened to her friend as the concern and worry made her wonder exactly who or what had attacked the white wolf. She shook her head as she settled in and let her tail drape over the edge of the chair. She turned eyes filled with questions at Deuce as she asked. "What did he look like?" She couldn't understand who would just randomly attack a member of a pack for no reason, except for a few from the clan, but Twilight Vale had nothing to do with the war between Inferni and Dahlia. She picked at the pillow she was leaning on and spoke up about the other problems in Deuce's life. "Deuce, you know you shouldn't have.." she said softly, her gold shot summer eyes filled with concern and pity as her friend had revealed all that the one act had caused. "IT doesn't surprise me though.. there's very few who you could even trust..." her words were about a million things, trust to keep quiet, trust with your heart, trust with the lust, just trust for one tiny thing or another. It was like most everyone looked out for their own self before their packmates and family now. Friends were even harded to come by than before.. and what ones you may have seemed to fade away over time..

She turned her eyes away as Deuce asked about her own changes in her life. After a moment she spoke, "Labyrinth Glen is no more. I was just beginning to feel like I might belong there and I had two of my children as well, but now Ember has gone to join some of our relatives in Dahlia.. but I just can't find anything in any of the packs that suits me.. I want the whole deal, I don't want to settle on second best.. I want everything." she turned her eyes back to study Deuce as she gave in and explained. "Once I felt like I belonged, once I had family and friends around me as well as loyalty and trust. I knew if I was in trouble that I could turn to the pack, that they would understand. There was once healing and happiness, friends and family. and we fought for that. There was no senseless nonsense and stupid fights over things such as how pure your blood was, or who you were related to. If you did something you believe in, even if the pack didn't have the same views they still stood up for you.. Things have changed over thte years though.. Other packs butting in and turning that security into something else.. I miss the way it was suppose to be.. but I can't find that here... not yet atleast." her eyes shimmered with the memories of her past, the friends and fam ily she knew of old. Oh they fought at times and bickered and grumbled but they worked together and somewhere inside they did care for eachothoer. The loyalty wasn't to oneself, it was to the whole.. She shook her head and turned back to the pillow, murmuring. "What do I know.. the packs around here are happy I guess..."
b[]The one who attacked me was a little taller than me and blonde. And strong.[/b] She gave a bitter half laugh, indicating her broken arm with her good hand.

She felt a pang as she heard Fatin's pack was no more. She'd intended to go to there from here. Once she'd healed up a bit more. She listened silently to iskata, nodding occasionally. What Iskata was describing sounded a lot like how Syemv had been so long ago.

They can rely on eachother. We just have to find someone we can rely on too. That niggling idea was back, and Deuce chuckled soflty. Wish there was a way we could start our own pack. Ya know? I even know the perfect name for it. Phoenix Valley. Out of the ashes, we'd rise.... She was more musing to herself than anything.

A pack, and a family...I miss that feeling.
Iskata's eyes flashed as Deuce described the male, inside she thought she knew exactly who it was but she didn't speak his name. She just asked the name of the young male she'd seduced the past moon. "What did the boy look like?" she asked curiously as she shook her head sadly about the fact that her friend had been attacked. She thought she might know what had started this whole thing but she didn't really want to mention it. She flicked a piece of dirt from her shimmering fur inplace of speaking up and eyed the motes floating in the sunlight about them, almost magical.

When Deuce spoke up she smiled and agreed, she wanted what they all use to know and remember. At the suggesting of starting their own pack Iskata smiled, that was exactly what they needed. "I'm sure we could.. Magdalena would probably join me.. and I met some wolves who are new to these lands.. I'm sure if we scouted about we could find a suitable place and some others who would want that kindof life again.. " she was lost in memories again as she smiled, but soon that was shattered by the mention of the name Deuce suggested for just such a pack, a wash of hurt cross her eyes as she turned back to Deuce. "Phoenix.." she murmured sadly, not wasn't to be reminded of that past. She shook the thoughts from her mind as she tried to blink away the pain and sorrow that came with him nowadays.
His name was Jasper. Kind of a skinny kid, very feminine. Cried like a baby when I informed him he'd slept with the man who used to be my mate. She shrugged again. It doesn't much matter, really. In the back of her mind, she heard a gravelly voice. You deserved this... Were the two related? Perhaps. Laurent had been more than ready to kick her ass. It didn't matter.

Iskata got into the spirit of the idea, but soon seemed to lose enthusiasm when Deuce suggested a name. Deuces brow furrowed and she scooted closer to Iskata, laying her good han on Isk's leg. Her vopice was soft and hesitant when she spoke. I'm sorry...I didn't even think about him when the name came to mind. It just seemed fitting that we'd be building from ashes of the idea of what a pack should be. I didn't mean to upset you...
Iskata sighed as Deuce gave her the information that she'd already thought she'd known. She shook her head and gazed at Deuce before pipping up. "It was Jasper's father that attacked you.. Ahren and I..." she paused a moment before finishing the words. "We have our past.." her eyes were stormy as she remembed just what their past looked like and how it had developed into an even darker image as it had flooded on over onto his older son Gabriel. She frowned softly as she threw the thoughts away. "Nevermind.. the youth are always confused when it comes to lust and wanting.." she could preach it because she'd once lived it, after all the righting and hatred that had boiled between Ahren and herself it had been the blonde man himself that she'd wanted when crazed with lust, though that had fallen though, though not as worse as Deuce's had. The men that perfered boys and the boys that perfered men could be such emotional dramawhores when it just came down to it.

The sudden downfall of the ideas that Deuce had passed along had upset her, but not enough that she wouldn't consider the idea, it was just too much for her at this time. When the soft touch of the other female settled lightly on her leg she raised her eyes up to Deuce and spoke quietly. "It does seem fitting, I don't want to be reminded of the used to be past that I've lost.. Not the ones that had the makings of my happy ending, but the concept is lovely, to build from the ashes, a new and better future. It's a grand idea.. though with sad memories lurking. What's in a name really... it's symbolic, but only we would know the real meaning to it, as time passes on they'd just know it as home." she smiled sadly, she could live with his name looming over their lands forever, though she knew it would be the grain of salt in her life. She shook her head and closed her eyes, trying to look to the brighter side.

After a few strained moments of silence she opened her eyes once more and admitted. "It's a lovely name Deuce, if we can find enough to band together.. if they like it too it would be fitting." She looked into the eyes of the other, hoping she could understand that the pain was worth it if they could weather the storm and become something more than they were now.
((I have an idea where to locate PV, but photobucket won't let me in. Cause it was hacked. But I think it could be on the bay of fundy, bordered by overgrowth sunrise and extending into ethereal eclipse. What do you think? And sorry for the crappy post, i'm rushing to get it up before work >< I'll sign into msn if you wanna chat while I'm at work.))

Deuce nodded as the yunger femme spoke softly. She hadn't thought the name would hurt the woman, but it seemd that even Iskata saw the good in it, saw the light in it. Phoenix Valley. Home. Where they would have what a pack should be, what a pack could be again. It was good. It was right.

I'm certain we could, Iskata. There's gotta be more than just us to want this sort of life, to want a pack to be as it should be. To want the pack to be home and family, not just members and leaders living together. The idea made her feel warm and excited. they could do it, she was cetrtain.
A slight smile broke across her maw as she tried to imagine just what these lands would look like, she herself was use to living in a house by now and wondered how the rest of this imaginary pack would live. She turned her eyes back to Deuce and nodded eagerly. "But what about territory and land.. We've lived like humans so long, I'm not sure I could go back to a den in the woods.. Maybe if we could find an area with a few houses or something.. and the beach.. It's got to be like home to all of us.. though I don't think I could ever find another place like Clouded Tears with fog rolling across the hills and valley.." she sighed as she shook her head and smiled of memories of the old lands.

Gazing out a window towards the lands beyond she was silent a moment as she wondered if they could really do this thing. "You think we could? Really?" the doubt that was lingering was strong, but there was a calming peace that settled over her fears as she imagined this new world they could create, they would create. She was determined to make this happen and she was glad she had a friend who expressed the same wants.
We could take some land in halifax. On the fringes, where the houses are a little more spaced apart. On the shore, so we can fish. Her mouth was wearing a dreamy little smile now. I miss living by the shore... She looked at Iskata again, looking more relaxed. It won't be Clouded Tears, and it won't be Syemv. But it will be home for us. And for our members.

Our members. That had such a beautiful ring to it. Our members. Our home. It made the pale woman feel excited, happy. Eager. And maybe, just maybe, the burden of bitterness was easing. Just a little. Mayeb. It was hard to tell sometomes.
She smiled at the thought and turned her sun shot gaze back to the other woman. She was nodding in agreement before she'd even spoken. "Yes, it wouldn't be either but it would be perfect. Now we just have to figure out who wants the was world we do.." she had a million ideas flying through her mind and a million others she could ask. She chuckled as she watched the other lady. "We can do this.." she said clearly as her eyes shone. "The houses around the edge would be perfect.. I'm sure we can find some cottages out in the woods too I bet... Then we'd have the best of both worlds.." They had what they wanted now all they had to do was make it happen, and that just took a bit of time.
Deuce grinned at Iskata's sudden enthusiasm. It was rather infectious. They'd build their own world. make their own dreams come true. Who wouldn't want the world that we do? For a moment, her injuries were forgotten. For a moment, her hurt was ignored. For a moment, the world was okay again.
OOC: End? Start a new thread with them exploring the territory we were looking at or something? It can be after they've met a lot of the people, Isk and Deuce.. Maybe even make it AW so others could join them and learn more if they wanted too.

Iskata grinned back and confirmed Deuce's words. "No one wouldn't, though others may become jeaous and envious of what we have." twinkling sun shot eyes were dancing as she laughed, everything forgotten except the fact that they were going to make their dreams come true. Now all they needed to do was work this all out and make it happen.

Getting up and leaning at the windowsill she smilled and spoke softly, "You know, it's work now play later though..and we've got a lot of work to do..." She couldn't believe they were actually going to try this, that they were going to make something out of nothing and make it all their own, nuture it and in the end it would blossom into everything they'd ever wanted.