A bored afternoon
[html]

There we go. Set in the Dampwoods, a short ways off of Shadowed Sun territory.

Skoll sat in the dense pines of the Dampwoods, his feet planted in the dirt while he seated himself on the base of a hill. His bandaged right arm rested in his lap while his left elbow was propped against his knee, his palm facing up to support his chin. The warrior didn't know what to do with himself. He couldn't exactly train in his current condition, couldn't exercise or practice. He was useless for his primary function, and he didn't like the feel of that.

Of course, there was solace to be had in the knowledge that he had been rendered useless on the job, fighting a hostile canine on the border of the territory he was protecting. It had been a very close fight, she had been a professional like he was, fighting was her life just like it was his, and the battle had reflected as much. He didn't think she was a better fighter, but her weapons were superior to his, as was her armor, which contributed to how badly he'd been hurt. If Lubomir hadn't been there, SteelRose would have killed him, he had no doubt. He might have killed her back, though. That was definitely the best way to go: dying doing one's duty successfully. Ultimate justice: a warrior avenging himself against the enemy who slew him, or at the very least doing one last good deed by ridding the world of the villain before death. It resounded well in Skoll's mind, very story-book, going out like that.

He sighed heavily. His right arm had two bandages around it: one on his upper arm and one on his forearm; his left arm had a bandage up close to the shoulder, while the stitching on his face was still fresh and unpleasant. For now, it seemed like he was free from responsibility, but what was he to do with his time? All he usually did was practice whittling, think about stories to make sure he had the telling down to a perfect art, and train to make sure he was in top shape if he was ever called on to perform his primary function as a defender of his pack. With his right arm useless, all that was left was the stories, but one could only do that for so long before boredom set in.

~The lyrics are from the best song ever written.
[/html]
[html]

Sorry for my English in this post, I‘m at my moms for the summer and I‘ve forgotten my English dictionary >:< Know any good ones on the net? Word count: 534

Des, in his luperci form, made his way through the pine forest. He held a quick and sturdy pace, his eyes fixed on whatever that was in front of him. He was out exploring, after stuffing himself with rabbits in St.Pepin’s Vineyard, his strength was finally renewed and he had found himself ready to move out of the vineyard to look for other prey. Not that he was tired of rabbits, but he needed a break from routine, an perhaps the rabbits also needed a break from his torture. Even though he had turned 6 years this year, he had not grown tired of playing with his food.

He wasn’t hunting food, but something quite different; fun. But in the back of his head a silly little voice that he had suppressed and nearly forgotten kept telling him to keep to his mission; to find the grey one and kill her. She hadn’t just betrayed him, but the others as well, the young one and the rest of the pack. It was his duty as a warrior to get her exterminated for her betrayal, he had to save his packs pride! Even though he was a member of a new pack now, he had not forgotten his origins, and would never do so. As long as there was life in that little voice in the back of his head, he could play a little without loosing his path.

The black and bluish male had caught the scent of another male some time ago, but he hadn’t really thought too much about it until now, as the scent started to grow stronger. Desaevio started to slow down his pace, he didn’t want to stumble too quickly in to this other male, had it been a female, the case would have been completely different.

Desaevio took a little stop too analyse the scent; it was clearly male, maybe a little younger than him, he couldn’t quite tell, but he also noticed something else; the smell of blood, but not from a kill. The other male was hurt. Not being the best tracker, still not the worst, Des couldn’t tell if the wounds were fresh or old, just that they weren’t endangering the other male. Having analysed the situation as best as he could, he decided that the other didn’t pose a threat to him. Though the blue-shimmering male wasn’t the strongest, he had his agility on his side and the fact that he was in perfect shape and full of energy.

He caught up with some of his speed again, not running, just throttling along in a comfortable pace. His head was in a parallel line with his back, and his black tail followed him in a seemingly way, making him look like a black arrow running past the pine trees.

The male stopped, he had spotted the other, sitting on a little hill. To not seem intimidating, he came out from the trees and stopped about 6-7 feet away from the other and made a little bark to get the others attention. Good afternoon he said and tilted his head, making the voice in his head even more annoyed by his childish behaviour.

[/html]
[html]

Your english is quite good. If you hadn't mentioned it, I wouldn't suspect that it wasn't your first language. =) My reply here is a little shorter, but we can go long or short, whatever works.

Skoll hadn't picked up on the new male's scent as quickly as the new male had picked up his; the wind hadn't been in his favor. Nevertheless, his keen senses alerted him a short time before the black wolf emerged from the pines. He didn't feel threatened himself, the seven-year old was shifted into his eight-foot-tall wereform, and armed with claws, fangs, his dagger and axe in the pack hanging from his hip, and extensive combat experience and training. While he certainly wouldn't start a fight in his condition, he would be far from easy prey. Even so...more than any of that, it was the fact that the male didn't come in tensed for a fight that set him at ease.

He didn't know that the other male was a fighter like him, though he could tell by scent and appearance that they were close to the same age. It wasn't obvious that Skoll had weapons with him, but the myriad scars across his body wrote his history in such a way that his own profession was clear for all to see. His new wounds were wrapped up, but he didn't know yet if they were going to scar or not, adding to the grisly collection that had accumulated on his skin. It was heaviest on his face, back, and arms, though smaller marks could be found scattered about his legs, and a few brutal scars had been left on his chest. The yellow wolf turned his amber eyes to the newcomer as he appeared, nodding his head in mutual greeting.

"Good afternoon," he replied, studying the curious wolf, who was one of the rare few older than three or four in these parts. "I'm Skoll. Is there something I can help you with?" He'd keep it casual for now, friendly. Maybe this wolf was looking for directions, or just eager to meet a face; he could oblige either of those desires easily enough.

[/html]
[html]

Well thank you^^ Just for that I decided to write a little while I’m at work….where there isn’t a grammar program on the computer :O so again, sorry for the english >.< And it got a bit short because of angry customers \(´0`)/

His forwardness and carefullness had won through, the other male had answered him. Desaevio wondered for a moment about how he should answer the other, not because he was lost of words, but because he didn’t really know why he was talking to a complete stranger in the first place. A smart wolf wouldn’t render upon strangers like this, but keep to his pack land and protect the border alongside the other members. But Des had just joined Dahlia de Mai, and so most of his pack loyalty lay with his old family. And te fact that he had been straying around for over two years now, alone, made him feel restricted and tied up if he had to stay in one place for too long. Straying a little bit around and exploring kept his boredom down and his mind alert.

And so he answered the other My name is Desaevio Caesius, he said proud, shooting his white greyish chest a little bit forward just to show off his pride with body language, not intentionally of course. I’ve just joined the Dahlia de Mai pack, but I started to feel a little claustrophobic inside the borders, so I decided to take a little stroll, he paused, annoying the little angry voice in his head with his blabbering; he didn’t have to tell this stranger everything about himself. I was just out looking for some fun, I hope I’m not intruding in any way. He polietly ended his sentence there, before the little voice grew in to a bigger one.

[/html]
[html]

I understand you fine this time too, no worries!

This was a peculiar character, no mistake. He was very forthcoming, which Skoll appreciated, but also somewhat strange. His name seemed to be a point of pride, given how he swelled a little bit in telling it, and seemed to be a drifter, by what he described. Skoll could relate to that, he had traveled for two and a half years after his exile from his home pack, and been settled here for the last three and a half. Remaining in one place had its perks, and it had its pitfalls, too. In his case, his sense of responsibility kept him from wandering too far from home...he was the pack's protector, it wouldn't do for him to be so far away he couldn't maintain his duty. He wasn't in much shape for fighting right now, but he still felt odd about going any further our than the Dampwoods.

"Not at all," he replied, "I wasn't doing anything but enjoying the scents and sounds of these woods, which...got old faster than I thought it would. I'm on the mend from a battle I had recently, so I'm taking a little time off from patrolling the borders of Shadowed Sun, which is my pack." So, they'd both put their names and homes on the table, where to go from here? He knew one question he wanted to ask.

"Who are the members of your pack? A lot of wolves recently migrated from over those mountains," he pointed up at the distant peak of Halcyon Mountain, "After a massive fire ravaged that place. I lost track of a lot of people I knew, and I'm not aware of where all of them have settled, yet." Hopefully, this new wolf could give him some answers, though he might not have been around long enough to know all of his packmates by name yet, Skoll didn't know.

[/html]
[html]

Sorry for the wait…my computer went Halo on me >.< And of course the one rental computer I got from the shop had Linux on it and I don’t have time to learn that…I WANT MY SHITTY WINDOWS WITH ALL ITS FAULTS!!! Sorry >>;

The male looked at the other, studied him. This was clearly a warrior, his many scars told the story of many battles and fights. How many of them had ended in victory? Forfeat? Defeat? Des shook his head a little, like as if he had an itch behind his ear or something. He didn’t bear any significant scars, nothing that stood out at all. His pelt was perfectly black, an when the light hit it, it shone as a blue aura around him making his eyes piercing red. In contrast, his chest was greyly white, stretching all the way down to his crotch, like an arrow.

He hadn’t gotten to know any of his pack members yet, there had been a pack meeting a couple of days ago, but he hadn’t talked to anyone since, he had just kept to himself. The dark male was a loner, and though he was very fond of the females, he didn’t seek them out. He was too handsome for that, he was the catch, not the other way around.

His ears flickered when the other mentioned the burning of the old land, it was the smell of that that had drawn him here in the first place. He remembered passing through what once must have been a flourishing land. On the ground the victims of the vicious fire had laid scattered around. Not the most pleasant sight.

The leaders of my pack is a female by the name of Cercelee and a male, Haku. At least he knew his alphas names. Other than that I only know a female by the name of Mew… she was the one who had accepted him. That reminded him, he hadn’t had his fun with that one yet. He smirked. Do you know any of them?.

I don’t really know my pack yet, we had pack meeting a couple of days ago, seems we’re at war with the coyote pack Inferni, do you know anything about that war? He looked straight at the other male, almost penetrating him with his bloody eyes.

[/html]
[html]

Skoll's eyes widened in surprise, and then he snorted. How strange. He never expected these people to actually take up arms against the people murdering him. When he had fought Inferni, people he had spoken to either had no power, or they sided with Inferni. They took the word of puppy-killers over his own...for no reason, whatsoever. The only real rationalization was fear. They thought that if they took Inferni's side, they could be the devil's right hand, rather than in his path. Such people made him sick to his stomach.

"No, though I'm surprised anyone's doing anything. Back when I fought Inferni, people seemed quite eager to make me the villain in the situation. Not in a hurry to get on Inferni's back side, willing to turn on well-meaning individuals who crossed them. I'm glad to hear someone's finally doing something." He would wish them luck...it was a shame that he couldn't take part himself, but after his battle with SteelRose he wouldn't accomplish much. His risk of death would go up considerably as well...and it would be a shame to die if he wasn't at his strongest.

"I'm afraid I don't know the two names you mentioned. Are you planning to take part in this war? Seems like bad timing on your part to be here just as things get started up." It was how he had spent his youth, traveling from pack to pack, asking if they were in any sort of conflict and had need of a warrior. Nevertheless, it was a pretty stupid way to live...the normal thoughts regarding such a situation would undoubtedly be that it was quite a bad turn of luck.

[/html]
[html]

Des didn’t quite understand the other surprise, or was it irritation? So there had been tention between the wolves and the coyotes before, Des wasn’t used to having to deal with other races. Back in his old land, there had been tention between the clans and of course the struggle against the weather, but there had not been any competing species. He hadn’t thought too much of his old pack during his years of drifting, he had been much too consumed with rage, but it was clear that as he continued to stay on this land, his thoughts drifted more and more to the memory of what he had had and what he had lost. There was no comparison. The land he now had arrived in contained only savages, no traditions, no respect for warriors, no celebration of a great kill. He had only his old trofees to remember his success by, and he kept them close to his heart and wore them proudly in shifted form. But what was the point when no one understood what they meant? To most, they were only accessories, beads and feathers.

Heh, yes, probably not the best timing, but at least I get to see some action. He smirked and tossed his head to the side. Killing rabbits for sport isn’t exactly fun… Not that he didn’t do it. I don’t understand why anyone would make a villain out of someone who tries to protect them from evil. If I’m attacked or someone I care about is threatened, I don’t stand by watching. The warrior inside him was winning over the Don Juan, something that had been quite opposite since he had joined Dahlia de Mai, it was those bloody females!

Has there always been tension between the coyotes and “us”? And why haven’t you just exterminated them? You are in larger number, and bigger and stronger, why don’t you unite? Lots of questions, but the black male didn’t care for people who didn’t stand up for themselves and still nagged about how everything was so bad, it annoyed him.

The leaders of my pack, Cercelee and Haku, have requested that we try get help from other packs, Dahlia de Mai isn’t so big, and it doesn’t really consist of what I would call warriors… he looked at the stranger, weird how he could discuss such matters with a wolf whom he barely knew. But it wasn’t like he could talk to any of the others, maybe Haku, but he didn’t know him and approaching the alpha when he himself was at such a low rank. But maybe there was a rank opportunity with this war, if he only could prove himself. But then again, he would probably just screw up as he sometimes were quite more interested in the opposite sex than in battles and fights. And like he had thought before, there was a lot of females in his pack, and some of them were bound to be lonely, not that he would ever settle for one. His anger and rage had already blocked out the possibility for him to love.

[/html]
[html]

There we go =) Trofee is actually spelled trophy, trofees is trophies, and tention is tension. I still understand you just fine!

"Not the right man to ask," Skoll replied, flicking his right and only ear. "I've been wondering that myself. The only solid answer I've come upon is fear. Also, no sense of justice. They find life to be of such value here that they aren't willing to put any more at risk for the sake of lives already lost. So, if you die, don't expect to be avenged. They'll pull back and befriend your killer before anything else, so that said killer doesn't kill anyone else. I don't think everyone thinks this way, but in the old packs all of the leaders did, and so Inferni, even though they are smaller and less numerous, could murder whenever they felt like it, on their land or someone else's, and never have to suffer any consequences." He spat at the ground.

"Hell, some wolves take their side here, such is their delusion and their fear. One of the alphess's from Jaded Shadows, a woman named Fatin, became a staunch supporter of them and their tendencies right after they drove her neighbors out of their home and slaughtered their children. Sometimes I don't feel like this is a place for those who have their head on straight." He shook his head. There were good people here, but they were always outnumbered by the weak, or by those who were brave around reasonable people and frightened by the unreasonable, thereby becoming conduits for pro-Inferni sentiment, brave enough to stand against decent folk but not to stand against the Infernians fueling the problems.

"As for tensions between the wolves and coyotes, there have been some here since I arrived over three years ago, but they were minor until a woman named Kaena Lykoi arrived. I fought her, and she wasn't a bad fighter, but it was her politics, not her person, that made her dangerous. She hates wolves, and needs give no reason for doing so. She fed her children--children which she pumps out in great number--hypocrisy, taught them to not only hate wolves, but also that they have rights in all lands and that wolves don't. Double standards after double-standards. Hell, she fought me on the outskirts of the territory I was in charge of defending for asking her why she was spying on us, and then somehow felt it was a much different story when I fought one of hers on the outskirts of their territory for trying to murder an innocent girl. She taught them lessons which would get them killed anywhere but here, and now her progeny are in charge of the clan, and they maintain her beliefs." It was a disgusting situation. Kaena wasn't hard to kill. She sought a fight wherever she could get it, and wasn't much on tactics. She would have been easy to dispense with, and it would have saved them all a lot of trouble. Gabriel was more sane than she was, which was a blessing, but he was also smarter, and Skoll doubted he would take such liberties putting his own life in danger as Kaena would have.

"Sadly," he said, responding to Desaevio's last statement, "I'm the only warrior currently living in Shadowed Sun, though there may be members there who desire to help you. I'm in no condition to participate in war right now, though I would dearly like to be the one who brings justice to some of those mongrels. You say you haven't accrued any allies, yet?

[/html]
[html]

Tongue I wrote it in notepad while I was at work...."working" Tongue

The dark male listened as the other spoke, interested as he was, he didn’t interrupt the him. But he was surprised over the bloody history of the place, or should he rather say; the wolves in this area. It all sounded so unrealistic, to take the killers side, that was a little bit too illogical for him to quite understand. But he didn’t question it, he had already experienced the sickness of this world and knew that it had changed, but not for the better. It wasn’t enough to just have to survive the struggle of life anymore, hunting and finding food was no longer the highest priority, it had had to give up its place for the fragile minds ideology. Worst of all, was the fact that he felt that there was no such thing as “packs” anymore, it was every wolf for themselves, and nobody bothered help anybody if it wasn’t there business or they didn’t have anything to gain on it. It didn’t matter if your own cubs got killed, their death would only be blamed on them. The world sickened him.

I don‘t really know, I think my alphas are counting on newcomers… the subject of allies hadn’t really gotten too much attention on their pack meeting, they had more talked about how they were going to deal with the coyotes. Most had agreed that something drastic had to be done, that no coyote was safe and neither was the hybrids, even if they weren’t in Inferni, thought some meant that these were to be left alone. we‘ve just been instructed, or more asked to try to form alliances with other wolves and packs, because just threatening the coyotes doesn‘t help, we need action to get them back in their submissive place. He paused, tried to choose his words carefully, but he was no poet; just a straight forward wolf who spoke his mind with ease. And why not? He didn’t have to hide his opinions.

But if you could ask your pack for support, I don‘t think my leaders would say no to any kind of help.

[/html]
[html]

Skoll's not too fond of Inferni or how people generally don't deal with them XD

Skoll was saddened that he couldn't aid in this new effort. He also pitied Dahlia, because he expected them to meet with the same situation he had: wanting desperately to rid the world of this menace, and being surrounded by people too afraid of civilized to actually deal with the problem. Laruku had told him that Inferni would never be destroyed, that numbers would always surge in to strengthen and replace any damage dealt to it. He had been through enough wars to know this wasn't the case, to recognize that this was another way of avoiding responsibility for one's own situation. Pretending that Inferni was unstoppable, that there was nothing anyone could do helped people to cave in to their inner fears. It wasn't just Laruku he knew, but he believed the younger man was echoing a general superstition, a lack of confidence in the face of a feral and more brutal enemy.

If he had five good people, a posse of choice soldiers from his old army, he was certain that he could push Inferni out, slay what Lykois remained, and be done. Perhaps there were Lykois elsewhere, but the fact was that only fools would return knowing that people resided here who would purge any members of that vile family, and those that were fools could march into the maw of death over and over, until they spent their blood against their foes and extinguished their threat forever. The fact was that a bottom line existed, pretending that your enemy was invincible was the game of a shaken man, or a coward. Far greater powers than Inferni had fallen without rising again. There was even a living example within Bleeding Souls. Aremys had never made Inferni pay for their travesty, and they had never returned. Their families had never exacted blood vengeance against Inferni. No, fatalism was not the answer here.

"I can tell them what is happening, but do not expect much. I have been down that road, and I applaud your pack for taking it, but if the same wolves hold sway today as did back then, they will keep their heads down, maybe pat Dahlia on the back if they succeed, or deny any affiliation with them and call them belligerent fools if they lose. You are surrounded by wolves of words, not wolves of action. I'm glad someone has finally seen the worthlessness of words against men of action, like the Inferni leader. I wish you luck, and can only hope you find another pack leader sympathetic to your cause. As for mine...she is a good person, but I doubt she will assist you."

[/html]
[html]

waaaaay short, but I’m @ work doing the best I can^^ and I know there’s some word mistakes in here somewhere….but please! Don’t shoot my notepad D=

Desaevio remebered Cercelees words; that getting pack allies would be hard, and that they rather should seek help with friends and family. There had been a meeting between the pack leaders, and unfourtunantly Cer hadn’t really gotten any further with her plea for help there. But at least Des felt he had tried, he had asked a stranger, Skoll, and surely, he had gained a sort of sympathy. Too bad he didn’t have any friends to ask, or any family.

For now, they weren’t to attack anyone at their border, just wait and be defensive. A good beginning strategy, as long as it didn’t become something permanent. The dark male looked a round himself, a little bored, not from the conversation, but of the whole war and the fact that he had arrived at a place where wolves acted like kittens, which he resented.

Thank you… he answered Skoll, deeply wishing the other was at better health. Do you know someone at all that could be willing to help us in anyway? He thought of his own weapon making skills, they weren’t the best, he was no master, but he could easily forge spears, simple shields and knifes. That would at least count for something.

[/html]
[html]

It's all good, my post is also rather short. =P

"I know many," he said, "But they all live far from here. I had about five dozen wolves and coyotes behind me when I led the war against the Shadow Priests. I don't know if word of that has spread very far, it ended a little over a year ago now." He shook his head regretfully. "They would help, but even if I could get word to them quickly enough, I do not want to ask more from them. That war was a particularly gruesome one, and I'm glad they held together as long as they did. I'm sorry that I can't be more helpful."

Some of his old friends had been in Bleeding Souls not but a few months ago, participating in a tournament he had set up. He had come very close to winning that tournament, but after a drawn out fight, Twilight's odd fighting style had gotten the better of him. He wasn't sure when he would meet those people next.

"The war aside, where do you come from, Desaevio? Everyone's got a story to tell, what's yours?" He didn't intend to share his own, at least not at length as he had with Lubomir. It was long and involved. Nevertheless, even if this wolf had a history similar to his, an abridged version would let him better know what manner of person he was speaking to.

[/html]
[html]

Again, notepad..but atleast 500 words^^ don’t mind the grammar >>; 501

He couldn’t help feel a little bit disapointed, but he also knew that he couldn’t really ask too much of the other. The fact that he at all had offered was a gesture of good will and Des didn’t make less of it. This war didn’t affect him that much, he had no relations to the coyotes, he had never even met one. But if his pack felt threatened by them, he would stand by them and defend them with all the power that he posessed. But he still hadn’t forged a strong bond with them, so if the whole ordeal dragged out, he wasn’t sure he would stay. He didn’t care too much about cleaning up others mess.

Heh, it’s not a problem, but I’m glad you show such initiative. he smiled and tilted his head. At least he had asked.

The question he dreaded the most was asked, he hid the shivers that ran down his spines. What should he say? How should he say it? No matter how the words played out in his head, they didn’t get any better. His eyes flickered, he hadn’t told anyone this.

You ask a difficult question… He looked at Skoll without really knowing what his next words would be. I’m from an old artic pack known as the Aquilo, a couple of years ago the weather started to change, it got colder, and eventhough we were used to the hardship of the cold, this was much worse than we had ever experienced. He paused, a bit confused over how easily the words came out of his mouth. Many of us fell ill, and the Alphas didn’t want to abandone anyone, so we stayed, tried to ride it out, we didn’t want to leave our forefathers land. In the end, there were only four of us left; myself, a younger male and two females. We decided to do what we had dreaded all along, we left our territory. memories of his past flashed before his eyes. The younger male died, even though we had a young herbalist with us, there was nothing more she could do for him. I don’t remember why, but I and the older female decided to go and get food, the younger had no hunting skill and would only be a burden… she had been a kind creature, his memory of her was blurred, but he still remembered her emerald eyes. While hunting, I lost my grip and fell down a cliff, when I woke up I was alone. I don’t know where the others were and so I’ve been searching for them for about two years now. He decorated the truth a little, no point in telling him that Kirin pushed him. No point in telling Skoll that he had searched for Kirin for two years to revenge her betrayal. The little voice in Desaevio’s head had won a great battle this day, the angry spark had set it’s roots once again.

Pretty boring..huh? What about you?

[/html]
[html]

You used to play Bellus! I forgot that (or didn't hear it before).

"I'm sorry to hear that," Skoll replied. "I come from the far north as well, though coats like mine are less common up there." It was quite peculiar. White and gray/white mixed coats were most common where he'd lived, at least in the other packs he'd seen. His mother and father possessed coloration more common to southern canines, though.

"And no, it isn't boring. What would be boring is if you were here because you were born here, had been here all your life, and all you had to show for it was basic hunting skills. Any traveler is going to have a more exciting tale to tell than someone who stayed at home, though staying at home might be the more ideal life path to choose." He furrowed his brow as he contemplated that. Stories generally were made interesting by conflict and risk...the best stories certainly came at a high price to the characters within, provided they were true.

"As for me...I was exiled from my pack around when I turned one year of age, as a result of barren hunting grounds and being the one mouth to feed too many. I decided to become a warrior when I discovered that I possessed a hereditary trait that those in my line called "HawkWind's Gift." I fight differently now than I did back then, relying more on skill than the previously mentioned trait. My life as a traveling warrior led me here, and I settled down after meeting an old relative of mine who had taken up residence in a pack called Storm." Probably the most concise version of his history he'd ever given someone, but similar to Desaevio, he has held back some key details.

[/html]
[html]

Yup^^ Me not be newbie :3 I got sick of playing that prune :O Not enough action, she was too kind, and everyone else had issues and was crazy, it got too hard playing all innocent all the time Undecided So after Mew nagged me for three months I caved in and made up Des^^ >>; he’s my smexy boy Tongue You are one of the few I remember^^ Kudos to you =D And; 597 hopefully correct words for you^^

The midnight-blue male was surprised that Skoll too was from the north, he was right, his pelt told the story of a more southern heritage. But Desaevio too didn’t bare the most common colour, his bluish blackness was not a good cover in the north, but during the winter time, his pelt would lighten and the male was covered in a darker greyish pelt. Like the clouds when it brews up to a storm. Though he liked better his black colour than his grey, it made him stand out from everyone else, like he didn’t belong to the crowd. He liked it that way, he didn’t feel as boring when he didn’t look like everyone else.

No, you didn’t‘t quite strike me as someone from the north… he didn’t’t really have to point it out, but still he felt like confirming what the other had said. Out of respect. What happened to your pack, Storm, after the fire? Des found it strange that it didn’t seem that any of the old packs had survived the fire, was the bond between the pack members this weak? Why had the world changed into a wolf eats wolf world?

Something inside the dark male wanted to tell the other about Kirin, about his search for revenge…but the little angry voice in his head that sometimes got behind the steering wheels kept him from it. He couldn’t confine this to anyone, it could spoil his chances to ever get his pawns on her, at least if what Skoll had told him was true; that this place was full of merciful and stupid wolves that avoided conflict at any chance and even protected killers. It sickened him.

Des was still sitting, his back straight, trying to look as tall as possible, since the other was sitting over him and on top of that; in luperci form. During this little chat, Desaevio had formed much respect for Skoll, and he hoped he had gained some from Skoll as well. How come the wolves here are so weird? Have they no traditions, no heritage to be proud of? he paused. I‘m sorry, I‘m just so freaked out by the poor morality, its too much for an old wolf like me… he wasn’t really old, but compared to all the two year olds that roamed this land, he was from the stone age. He smirked. The other was older than him, hopefully he hadn’t insulted Skoll. And hopefully the warrior hadn’t combated away his sense of humour. It would be a shame if he had.

Someone, or something, should shake and stir things up here, get some sense beaten into the young ones, hopefully this war will make them see that working together helps and that it‘s not good just being alone. Although he had never thought those words would ever leave his lips, that he would ever be a part of a pack again, that he forever would stay a loner, the pack instinct in him had won over the angry little voice that only sought revenge. It was important to not become a loner, to have a family. And although his old one was gone, it wasn’t too late to start a new one. And after what he had been told by Skoll, it seemed that he had much to contribute with to his new pack, his new family. The days of passiveness was over, at least if he could have his way with Dahlia de Mai.

[/html]
[html]

Yay! I was remembered! I liked Bellus though :-P Still, if you need action, I can see why you switched over. I'm glad to see you back either way.

"It disbanded. After a series of failed leaders, there wasn't much loyalty holding it together any longer. The latest was a friend of mine...he was doing a fine job, but his reign as alpha was marred by an insubordinate gamma, who didn't like the hard line he took with Inferni--this gamma being a former alpha who had allowed her pack to be driven off its lands by the coyotes, and done nothing--and left when he wouldn't back down in the face of the coyotes, going so far as to speak with their leader and politically leverage her alpha into obeying her wishes. She left, but it hit him hard, I think, and didn't reflect well on the pack's unity and strength. He fell ill just before the flame, a recurring pneumonia earned when he tackled a cougar into a freezing river to save a child, and was in no condition to reunite us when we emerged from the burning ruin of our home. I carried him out myself, but he disappeared shortly thereafter. No, the pack of mine was on its last legs, and it finally failed. I hope only that history does not hold him accountable for that which was outside of his control. I feel that he would have made the pack strong again given time. He would have stood against the coyotes, at least."

"You're not alone. I have no idea what makes the wolves around here hesitate to defend themselves as they do. A bout of bad leaders certainly didn't help matters...as I told you, Storm's gamma was once an alpha herself, of a pack called Aremys. Not only did she do nothing in reaction to the theft of her pack's land, she later acted against others who wouldn't bend to the coyotes' whims or threats, attempting to assist Inferni in getting its way. One of the leaders of Jaded Shadows was the same way, going so far as to support the coyotes' actions, and to throw her support behind them were they to decide to invade other territories again. Truly pathetic creatures, but I think that they were a product of a confused culture that resided here already, not the other way around." Desaevio was right...the state here needed to be changed...he was glad that the packs had shifted some. Under the old leaders, Inferni would have been ravaging wolf territory forever. That might still end up the case, but with some new, more sensible wolves in charge, there was yet hope for the future.

"I can only hope that eventually they open their eyes. Inferni rapes and murders and steals, invades without warning or provocation, and still they sit complacent, cursing people like you and me who would meet them. We make it difficult for them to pretend that they needn't do anything, people of action make it difficult to believe that nothing can be done. Our very existence uncovers their lie right in front of them. I tell you this now, Desaevio: if you follow this path, someone, maybe many people, will hate you for it. I was exiled from my pack for protecting a little girl from Inferni, for in doing so I hurt two coyote adolescents that the current leader of Inferni allowed to join the fight. I asked them to leave, he did not, and they got hurt. Make no assumptions of the people here, make sure you have good friends before you do the right thing, because many here are afraid of it."

[/html]
[html]

Hey, sorry for the wait >.< It’s like 30C˚ outside and 40C˚ inside >.< And I didn’t think anyone liked Bellus =O

Wow, this one really loved to talk, but that wasn’t nessecarily a bad thing. Des loved to talk too, but his sentences usually became just short and informative and came out all clumsy, even when he tried to sound all wise and intellectual.

The answers he got were the same as he had gotten before, the wolves here were weak at heart, and the chance of them ever changing were as small as a single sand grain. He now knew that his pack probably wouldn’t be patted on the back for their efforts to rid this place of evil, but it was nice to know that there were wolves who would support them, even though it was just by moral.

Desaevio hadn’t met any coyotes yet, and though his pack leaders had told them all that they were a great threath, he hadn’t experienced any of that yet. It was really only the obligation that he felt towards his pack that made him make an effort for the war, and the fact that he was bored and his warrior pride didn’t let him of the hook that easily when others were suffering.

It’s too bad it has to be that way… he replied. But what can you really do about it? When one side raises its offspring to hate, murder and rape, whilst the other raises them to love and avoid conflict at any cost… if he ever had pups of his own, they would be warriors and hunters, he recented the sissies that seemed to surround him.

[/html]
[html]

End it here? I've enjoyed this thread, so I apologize for being so late in replying >.< My friend hooked me on a game, and it's been draining my time.

"That's the question," the bronze wolf answered, looking discontentedly out into the trees. It would be one thing if the two types wouldn't interfere with one another, but the fearful wolves not only wanted to avoid conflict at all costs...even in self defense...they also wanted to punish any wolf who retaliated against violence orchestrated by others. Such action was...well, it was obscene, to punish people for protecting themselves against unprovoked antagonists.

"My answer is generally to fight for the latter. They don't like it when you do that here, though." He rose, deciding that he needed to walk off some of the resentment that the conversation was reminding him that he carried. "I think it's about time for me to be on my way, Desaevio. I can tell my packmates about Dahlia's war, but don't count on assistance. People like us number too few, here. I wish you luck in your search, nevertheless" With that he began off, he didn't care in what direction. Sometimes he wished that there were more Jantus's in this part of the world. If the population of the Snow-Capped Pine resided here...it would be a much different, and far more just, place.

[/html]
[html]

I‘ve enjoyed it too^^ Maybe we can have another thread some other time?

Desaevio only nodded to what the other said, at least someone should have some moral to do something, and hopefully a few would follow and then some more and so on. But even if he were to fight this war, even if he felt a moral obligation, the midnight-blue male still didn’t feel quite comfortable not really knowing who he was fighting for. But he guessed that was sort of his own fault, maybe he should try to get to know some of his fellow pack members, and hopefully form a stronger bond with them so he would feel he was fighting for someone and not just something. Maybe that was what was wrong with this place, the wolves were all so lonely, without any relations to anyone, the survival instinct surpassed the protection. So those who needed help, were not to helped and if they survived they would never offer theirs assistance to anyone, because that’s not what they were learned to do. And the evil circle would continue. Some individuals would have to sacrifice themselves in order for this to change, but for that to happen, they would have to have someone to fight for someone worthy of protecting. Desaevio had to find that someone.

I will do my best, and thank you… he said to Skoll, maybe I‘ll see you around some other time? Des sat up and shook his body quickly, like as if it was all wet, then he watched the other go of before he quickly tossed his head to the side and started pacing back in the direction he had come from, back to Dahlia de Mai.

[/html]