Don't Forget The Horses
[html]

It is time to convert a garage into a stall before the snows fly. Even horses deserve a warm and dry place to stay.

Due to some confusion, mainly on my part, here is more information:
Thread backdated to December 2nd.
This is next to Jace & Temo's house in Westville, not at the ranch and is a detached garage. The stallion is very protective and will attack anyone, he only tolerates Temo due to Temo being around all the time and is Jace's mate, and hadn't tried to eat him. | +365

Temo stood out in the middle of the pasture, the two horses keeping their distance from him and stood nervously watching him. The foal being less afraid of him was running and bucking and general cavorting about that foals do to burn off the extra energy that the young always seem to have an excess of. The stallion kept himself between Temo and the mare while keeping a close eye on Temo, ready to make a move if Temo started towards them. They were not happy that Temo had invaded their little fenced in world and wished he would hurry up and exit the pasture.

His eyes looked over the fence and buildings that marked the boundry of the pasture that they had made for Jace's two horses to stay in. Actually, it is three horses now that the mare had dropped a foal not to long ago. Jace had mentioned that they needed to make a shelter for the horses so they would have a place to go and stay warm when the storms and snow arrive. Then it had gotten put off with the birth of their pups and now, over a month later, Temo had decided to get started on the project.

He had thought that they should just use one of the small buildings that was near by instead of building something from the ground up. They were the only ones living in the immediate area which meant that all the buildings around their house was empty. Finally, his eyes focused onto one small building that looked promising for the purpose that was needed. From what he understood, the humans called it a 'garage' and kept their 'cars' in them.

Temo walked over to the fence and climbed over and walked around the garage, checking it over and poking at the siding with a claw and an occasional rap with his knuckles, Looks good, he said to no one in particular as he commented on the soundness of the exterior wood. He stopped at the door that was in the side of the building and forced it open and proceeded inside to continue his inspection and form his plans for what to do.

<style type="text/css">
.Lovi-sdb b {font-weight:bold; color:#1155aa; letter-spacing:1px; }
.Lovi-sdb .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.Lovi-sdb p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.Lovi-sdb {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#c6d5e5; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/iInBB.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #666666; padding: 10px 0px 295px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#556688; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
It had been a long time since Shiloh had seen her horse, Katelyn. She wondered if the horse was OK and had made her a blanket for the winter. She went to the stables, surprised to see them in somewhat poor condition. The horses neighed and whinnied at her and she smiled when she spotted her grey companion. Katelyn nicked at her softly and Shiloh opened her pin and hugged the horses muzzle softly as she seemed to inspect her. Katelyn nudged her stomach then her chest as if to say,"I know your pregnant but I can hear your heart beat. Are you OK?"

Shiloh smiled a d told her everything was going to be alright. She told her that she had brought her some covers and she pulled them out of her bag. They were human comforters, big heavy quilts she threw over Katelyn back and on the ground. She had decided to let Katelyn out of the stables and let her horse roam free, while she went for a walk. She left her feet carry her again and she found herself by a strange paddock of some sort. The area smelled of that woman... Jace as she remembered it. She hoped the woman didn't hate her. she noticed a black male in the distance and called for him, asking if he needed help with anything
[html]

BAD WOLF. Edited.

Word Count → ~360

Ever since Aleo had come into Shiloh's life, things had been looking up for the small family. Sarian was with Aleo right now, bonding with her new father. Shiloh had gone off to see some animal that she was fond of. A horse is what Shiloh had called it. Kiara, who had some free time, decided to wander around Ichika. Despite the fact that Kiara had lived in Ichika no Ho-en for several months now, there were many areas within the territory that were unfamiliar to the snow wolf. This was one such are.

It was perhaps by coincidence that Kiara had found the horses. It's strange scent had drawn the arctic wolf to the horses like a fire draws in moths. Kiara had kept low to the ground as she snuck around one of the buildings. The strange four legged animals reminded Kiara of deer or elk. Although their scent was much different from any deer or elk Kiara had come across. Sapphire eyes watched as the nervous creatures moved through the enclosure. A strange luperci walked through the pasture and over to abandoned human dwelling nearby. Kiara crept around the building she was using and strolled over to the somewhat familiar pack mate.

Kiara recalled seeing the dark male at the Samhain festival, although her memory was fuzzy due to the alcohol. She watched for a minute as he circled the building and decided to make a little joke. "They sure do." Kiara gazed at the horses with a hungry eye. She had never seen such animals and was curious to see how they tasted. Kiara smiled at the dark male, but kept her tail low out of respect.

The sound of Shiloh's voice snapped Kiara out of her hungry stupor. "Shiloh!" Kiara called, and ran over to the grey female. The horses panicked slightly as the unfamiliar wolf ran past the fence. Kiara doused her friend in the usual greeting kisses, even if they had seen each other that same morning. The snow wolf was careful not to rock Shiloh too much for fear of hurting the smaller woman. "Shiloh, are these the horses you told me about?"

<style type="text/css">
.ikuseiara b {font-weight:bold; color:#defff2; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#1f191b 0px 0px 1px;}
.ikuseiara p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 45px; margin:0px;}
.ikuseiara {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#979a86; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/I8xRB.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 365px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#1f191b; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
.ikuseiara .wordcount {color:#000000; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; text-align:center; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
.ikuseiara .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
</style>[/html]
Okay since there has been some confusion between myself and Temo as to this thread, its been backdated to the 2nd of december. Dee and Kiara, I pm'ed the both of you about my concerns. I'll not include any specifics so you guys have room to change to what you want.
3+

Whilst her mate was outside working out the specs the grey mother was settling down her children in preparation to go and help him. They had had their running around time and now they would hopefully nap for a few hours or so allowing Temo and Jace to get the shelter up quickly and quietly without much fuss. That was the benefit of having the Bensen as a mate, most things that needed building or rebuilding could be done quickly. Pandora refused to settle so Jace spent a short while feeding her and stroking her fur until she finally drifted off. The woman left them nestled in amongst the pelts she had found, covered up with the one that Wretch had given her.

She was fiddling about in the kitchen with some stuff, mostly clearing things away and occasionally watching Temo, ready to intervene if Emmett decided to attack him. The stallion would have no quarks about attacking her mate but herself he would think twice about, if only because she had been so vigilant in watching over his sister. She heard a low rumble of voices but couldn't make out individuals, all she got was that they were both female. It didn't worry her any because most likely it would be some random pack members that had wondered by and were asking what it was he was doing. She listened for a few seconds to make sure all was quiet within the nursery before slipping quietly from the house and shutting the door behind her.

Her surprise was obvious however when she laid eyes on who the voices belonged to, the newly demoted sunya and the pupsitter. Why were they here at her house? What did they want?

"Can I help you with something?" Her brows were pulled together in a slight scowl, part confusion and part suspicion.
[html]

| +225

Temo had entered the garage and stopped and was staring at the mess strewn about the floor as he wrinkled his nose at the stench. There was garbage and other detritus consisting of human artifacts rotting and rusting away along with old nests, bones and fecal matter that was left behind by generations of raccoons, possums, mice and rats that had holed up inside the garage over the years since the humans had died off.

His ears perked up when he heard voices outside and he was happy to leave the stench of old poop behind when he exited the building to see who it was that had come to call. He came around the corner in time to hear Jace query the newcomers and he got a bit worried from the tone of her voice and look in her eye. He only knew the others from seeing them at pack functions and did not know for sure what is going on except that Jace was not pleased.

he halted his progress and his eyes did a quick survey while his brain calculated distances and various possible scenarios. Something that he found seems to happen more frequently now that he has a family to protect and Jace's displeasure only fueled his thoughts of protection. "How can we help you today?" his query and concern mirrored Jace's.

<style type="text/css">
.Lovi-sdb b {font-weight:bold; color:#1155aa; letter-spacing:1px; }
.Lovi-sdb .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.Lovi-sdb p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.Lovi-sdb {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#c6d5e5; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/iInBB.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #666666; padding: 10px 0px 295px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#556688; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
Shiloh looked down before answering. "Namaste Jace. I saw.... your mate? He looked like he might want help. I mean no harm to you or your fam.....family." she stuttered. Her chest grew tight and she threw a panicked look at Kiara. Jace scared her, the woman's tone always cold and mean when directed to Shiloh. She should have left when she had a chance. This was Jace's territory and she was "trustpassing". She knew the woman disliked her after her attacking of Sam.

Shiloh slowly started to back away and looked a Kiara again. Her heart was beating way to fast. She was feeling light headed and she stumbled as she muttered her apologies to Jace and her mate. She couldn't do this not now. Not with pups growing inside her. She was panicking and only Kiara would understand why she was leaving. She turned and left before better explaining herself, her fear making her weak.

[Exit Shiloh. Now would be a good time for Kiara to explain Shiloh's mental and physical illnesses to jace.]
[html]

Word Count → 316

Jace's sudden agression startled Kiara. Neither she nor Shiloh had done anything wrong and were simply saying hello. Kiara immediately dropped low to the ground. With her fluffy tail tucked and her ears flat against her head it made the arctic wolf seem even smaller than normal. The young wolf kept her head low and only dared to look up at Shiloh

It pained Kiara to see Shiloh with such a panicked expression on her face. This extra strain was not good for her or the puppies. Shiloh had been sick recently and Kiara was worried that her fear for Jace might cause yet another attack. Kiara glanced back at Jace and Temo, but she didn't dare raise herself. Kiara could hear Shiloh as she quickly stumbled away muttering apologies. Oh how she longed to join Shiloh, but someone needed to answer their questions.

Without rising or even looking at Jace, Kiara began to speak. "I'm sorry, we didn't mean to intrude... we..." Kiara didn't know what to do. She had simply been exploring the pack territory. She still wasn't used to how luperci "claimed" areas as their own within pack lands. She had been unaware that she might be trespassing, but was now painfully aware of the possibility. "Jace, please excuse Shiloh. Both for today and last time we met. Before you saw both Shiloh and her other, Kavi. They are two wolves in one body and Kavi is a bit... blunt. Now Shiloh is sick and with puppies. So...please forgiver her."

Kiara knew that her explanation was far too simple, but even she didn't completely understand Shiloh and Kavi. The young wolf just hoped that Jace would be in a forgiving mood. "Um, perhaps...if you'd like.. I can help the two of you out as an apology. I can either help out as the Ikusei, or as just another paw. Um... is that okay?"

<style type="text/css">
.ikuseiara b {font-weight:bold; color:#defff2; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#1f191b 0px 0px 1px;}
.ikuseiara {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#979a86; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/I8xRB.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 365px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#1f191b; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
.ikuseiara .wordcount {color:#000000; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; text-align:center; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
</style>[/html]
3+

The reactions she got from both females honestly surprised her as Shiloh quickly retreated away from them and Kiara flattened herself to the ground. She hadn't intended to appear frightening or harsh in any way she was just curious as to why the two were near her home. She grimaced to herself before throwing a quick helpless glance at Temo as Shiloh scurried off out of sight with her tail between her legs. She made a noise of apology in her throat and sighed, running a hand along her face. Was this how people truly saw her? As some monster to fear?

"Kiara please, get up. Don't cower before me, I'm not a monster and I'm sorry if I projected that impression onto you." She didn't appear to react to the words the white wolf spoke about Shiloh but inside it had confirmed a suspicion within her thoughts. Wild mood swings and unconnected personalities. Still Jace felt that Shiloh, had she been stronger mentally would have been able to master her illness like Jace had achieved mastery over her own. Still she was saddened by this new revelation to her, she was someone to fear. It made her gut clench and she painfully remembered the fear she had felt upon seeing huge Ookami for the first time.

"You can help out. But only if it's what you want rather than just trying to please me. You don't need to do that." She tried to offer a smile to the other woman but instead it came off as some hurt expression. She usually did not care what people thought of her but to find that she was feared as something of a beast, it was a harsh realization for her. She almost set off after Shiloh but decided that to do so would only scare her more, seeing Jace chasing after her.
[html]

| +221

Temo glanced at the horses and could tell that they were not very happy with what was currently going on. The stallion had his ears back and gave an occasional snort of annoyance. Temo looked at Jace, You have this, I'm going back to work. With a glance at Kiara, I would suggest staying out of the pen, the horses are not fully tame.

He went back into the garage and with some fiddling of the mechanism, unlocked the large door and, with much protest from the rollers, opened it. Temo stepped out of the open door and breathed in the fresh air as he waited a minute to allow the stale and stinky air in the garage be replaced by the fresh air from outside.

After the minute or two that he waited for the garage to air out, Temo found a snow shovel propped up in a corner and started scraping the feces from years of critters living in the garage off of the floor and out the door along with whatever he could push with the shovel. After the floor was cleaned as best as he could get it, he went in and started filling anything that would hold stuff and packing it out to the driveway starting with the pile that was in the middle of the floor.

Image courtesy of randompointoflife@Flickr

<style type="text/css">
.TS-01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#0000A0; letter-spacing:1px; }
.TS-01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.TS-01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.TS-01 {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#c1d4e5; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/VK3sr.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0000A0; padding: 10px 0px 290px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#357EC7; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
<style></style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 421

Jace's apology threw Kiara for a loop. Jace was clearly dominant over Kiara yet she was apologizing? As a wolf who came from a strict pack, Kiara was used to being overly submissive to higher ranked individuals. It was only polite for her to apologize and for her to offer assistance when necessary. In fact, in her old pack, Kiara would have been pinned to the ground and would be licking the muzzle of the dominant wolf. Such displays of dominance and submission were only proper, yet Jace seemed to hate it. Granted, Jace did intimidate Kiara a little. The bi-colored women had a strong presence about her, one that made Kiara automatically submit. Not to mention in Kiara's experience, Jace's words had always been rather harsh or simply filled with authority. The snow wolf respected Jace for this strength and was more than happy to submit to such a powerful member of the pack.

What was this business about being a monster? Jace was not a monster, unless she meant luperci were not monsters. This Kiara knew well and was always comfortable around the pack, but if Jace was worried about how the non-luperci was adjusting then Kiara needed to put her mind at ease. "I know your not monsters." Kiara dared to look up only a little and let a small smile cross her face. She didn't want to be rude after all, especially if she was trespassing.

Kiara was sorely confused. Even though Jace seemed to permit Kiara to help, her expression was pained and seemed to hold a hint of disappointment. What had she done now? As hard as the snow wolf tried, she could not understand how she had wronged Jace. Kiara had properly submitted, she had offered to help, although she did trespass. Was this her transgression? Not to mention, Jace didn't want Kiara to work as an apology. How else was Kaira supposed to apologize? "I really do want to help Jace. If there is anything I can do, please let me do it."

Eventually Temo set off to start working again. He was obviously anxious to complete an unknown task and from the sound of it, he was working hard in the garage. The black males warning only made Kiara's curiosity about the horses grow. Were they dangerous? What would happen if she went in the pen? What did he mean by tame? The snow wolf risked a sideways glance, looking with wonder and a little bit of hunger at the large animals.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]