Luperci vs Non-Luperci
Does a luperci wolf have a different scent from a non-luperci wolf? And if so, is the difference large enough for a character to know if someone was a luperci or not from their scent alone?
I was told that there were differing scent but only enough to be told if one is used to distinguishing luperci from non-luperci. So it is a trained skill and not something just anyone can do.

Here is where Kiri has already answered the question.
Kiara is a non-luperci and her experience with luperci is limited to the two months she's been in Nova Scotia. Would she be able to discern the difference, or does she need to be trained for that?
She has limited experience with them so she would need to be trained is what I would figure. As Kiri explained, it is not a natural ability but a skill that one needs to learn.
Okay, thanks.
I just want to Put my two cents in... Hotaru is blind, so she'd be more aware of the slight difference in scent wouldn't she?
If a blind wolf were to meet Luperci A and Non-Luperci B, if she is not explicitly told that they are Luperci and Non, then the differences she detects between them can amount to any of their other differences -- differences in where they traveled to last, what they'd last eaten, the uniqueness of their own personal scent, etc. If the blind wolf is told that one is Luperci and one is Non, and she later meets other Luperci, she may be able to draw the line better between Luperci as a group, but it will take a while of learning and knowing that each Luperci is a Luperci. In the beginning, again, the differences she detects can be attributed to any number of things if she doesn't know that she is trying to distinguish Luperci from Non-Luperci. Hopes that makes sense.
Ilu kiri. That makes perfect sense. Smile
That does make sense. My original question was actually for my other character Kiara who is a non-luperci. But I will have to keep that in mind as I work with Hotaru more. Thanks ^_^