Repetition Geographic
[html]

Big Grin

Word Count → 322

Caprica had spent time as a loner, and although now she could barely remember - quite literally - being without a pack to call home, being here in this strange one reminded her of that drifting time. Everything was new and everybody else knew where they were: Caprica didn't even know who they were. She would have quite happily flanked Frodo ceaselessly: he was easy and natural company, making her feel right at home, but they'd gotten separated and she hadn't wanted to search around for him in places he was most likely to be, that she'd already explored. She wanted to continue checking out new sights and getting the lie of the land, so she'd wandered over the southern borders and into a hilly sort of area, hoping to find high ground to clamber and get a view from. But here, every hill she ascended led to nothing more than a valley, and then another hill, and none of them high enough to really call a summit. On her fourth tiring uphill climb, Caprica was definitely considering turning back from this pointless foray. "Won't be many days til I'll have an extra four legs to help me out," she bargained with herself, thinking of the steed she was soon to acquire. The hill she was on got suddenly steep, turning into more of a ridge. She frowned up at it, but earth had never defeated her yet. Finding footholds here and there, slowly but surely the muscular wolf clambered up. Peering over the brow of the hill, she gave an almighty groan of frustration to see yet another dip and ridge before her. She'd had quite enough of that. She turned to sit on the lightly frost-touched turf, dangling her feet off the edge of the cliff. She'd just sit a minute, then head back to the AniWayan tribe.

<style type="text/css">
.caprete b {font-weight:bold; color:#cfe2b9; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px;}
.caprete p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 13px; margin:0px;}
.caprete {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#1a2c06; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/sOaa0.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 410px 0px 3px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify; text-shadow:#1a2c06 0px 0px 4px;}
.caprete .wordcount {color:#cfe2b9; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dashed #000000; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px;}
.caprete .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; color:#cfe2b9; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

word count: 467 sorry for not replying sooner. I had a bunch of Christmas stuff going on, but here you go. Smile

He didn’t know why, but he felt like going on an adventure of sorts. Leichi had never really gone exploring lately and his best friend was getting anxious to go out venturing in the open. She loved to fly and while her best friend was a ground animal, she spent much time on his shoulder. Leichi had given in to his best friend’s pleading and decided to go venture into a hilly part of the area he had been exploring.

As he struggled to climb a step ridge, his hawk flew over him mockingly with ease. He rolled his eyes at her as she let out a sort of squawk that was supposed to be a laugh. Leichi started to smile as his friend started to do beautiful aerial tricks in the cold winter air. She first spiraled up into the sky, did a few corkscrews and loops, and then started to plunge down to the earth in what birds call a “death spiral.” Only when she was a few inches from hitting the ground she veered up sharply with immense speed and zipped back up into the sky.

Leichi had always been amazed about the concept of flight. He knew that the humans were able to fly in what they used to call, what was it? Airplanes. But no one knows how to work them these days. Too complicated to figure out. Besides, he was more fascinated by the way birds could fly naturally.

He finally managed to get to the top of the ridge and sniffed the air, trying to smell the different scents that drifted through the air. He didn’t know he would find the scent of another wolf come to his nose. His hawk must have known that he could smell it, because she had flown down and perched on his shoulder. He slowly walked over to where he could see a wolf sitting on the edge of another ridge and cleared his throat.

“Um, hi. You doin’ ok up here?” he asked shyly, not knowing if this wolf wanted to be alone or not. His hawk then flew over to the wolf sitting on the edge and hovered in front of the wolf’s face.

“Leichi shy. He silly wolf,” she declared. Leichi rolled his eyes amusingly at his best friend.

“Timmy get back over here. Sorry ‘bout that; she doesn’t know what manners is,” Leichi explained, smiling at his best friend. Timmy narrowed her eyes at Leichi.

“I no listen to you. You not boss,” she said all sassy like. She then looked at the wolf in front of her, “He don’t think. He stupid wolf.” Leichi put his paw to his forehead and groaned.

“That’s my best friend, Timmy.” Timmy cocked her head upward and closed her eyes with pride. That dang hawk.

<style type="text/css">
.leichit b {font-weight:bold; color:#59d2b8; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#11321e 1px 1px 1px;}
.leichit t {font-weight:bold; color:#4a210d; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#11321e 1px 1px 1px;}
.leichit .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
.leichit p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.leichit {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#589a46; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/hfDRG.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px dashed #11321e; border-radius:10px; padding: 450px 0px 2px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#11321e; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
OOC: I'm sorry too :/ Stuff and life and things... but its all better now. I made it go away. Big Grin Words: 488

The turf was very soft where it edged the ridge, and it was comfortable here, swinging her rather long legs over the edge, nothing but air below them for quite a way. She loosed one of her necklaces, on a plaited leather cord with colourful silks wound round a dreamcatcher pendant. The binding was only half done, and she began to intone a soft humming beneath her breath as she continued to weave the colours into the necklace. It would make a fine gift for her host, in return for all his generosity. She would have preferred something to make more of an impact, but she had very little by way of material with her, but maybe in time she would come up with the goods. For now, she just hoped he would appreciate the hours she had put into this item, and she had a feeling that he was the kind of guy who wouldn't turn his nose up at a nicely done piece of jewellery.

Her gaze was so intently upon it that it was some time before she noticed somebody had come with subtlety up behind her along the ridge, but when she heard the gentle cough she pushed aside her luxuriant fringe and peered over at the stranger. "Oh, hey there," she greeted with a soft and welcoming grin, laid-back as usual while in the middle of something creative. "Real good actually thank you, and you?" she continued in answer to his pleasantry, but the normality-laden exchange was cut short by a sudden interjection from the hawk, wings flapping briefly almost right in Caprica's face. For a companion animal, it was surprisingly disparaging. Caprica stuck out her chin reprovingly at the bird. "Some friend!" she snorted. "Does she always make your first impressions so... impressive?" She laid down her handiwork, feeling a little sorry for the wolf. He was clearly a little shy and maybe self-conscious about his unusual, but she was sure he wasn't as silly or stupid as the hawk made out. In fact, he was pretty well-built with a certain rugged-ness about him, and the effect was only heightened by the scars and those distinctive eyes. Caprica leant back to rest her weight on her hands behind her with feet still idly kicking over the ridge's rim, and tilted a smiling face up at his slightly-embarrassed expression, groaning into a hand. "So I'm Caprica, anyway, and you must be Leichi... I've heard so much about you!" she added playfully, of course all she'd heard was from the mouth of his bird... but why not pretend his name had reached her ears some other way? For a start, it would probably annoy the hawk a little, and Caprica wasn't above a little mischievious teasing, which Timmy definitely deserved.

[/html]
[html]

Word count: 304

The wolf seemed very friendly, her positive attitude and her relaxed stance was enough for Leichi to loosen up a bit as well. Although he very much enjoyed meeting new animals, Timmy usually got in the way, which he did not appreciate. All he could do was to try and keep her beak shut. How hard would that be? Well, for one thing she couldn’t stop talking for the life of her. She was, social, you could say.

He finally got the chance to study this wolf briefly since she had turned around to face him. He admired the beautiful purple feather she had placed in her hair. Her necklaces also caught his off-centered eyes. His mouth gaped slightly as he studied the complicated, unique design of her silk-covered necklace. Timmy noticed he was staring, almost hypnotized, at this necklace. She flapped over to the wolf and peered at the necklace. She scoffed and looked at the wolf.

“Timmy no like necklace. Too complicated. Make Timmy confused,” she complained. Leichi couldn’t hold it in any longer. He burst out into an uncontrollable laugh as his best friend whined about the necklace she couldn’t even understand. He finally caught his breath from all of the laughing.

“Wait, you’ve heard a lot about me?” he asked, confused.

He cocked his head to the side in a questioning way. He chuckled softly; sort of flattered that apparently he was talked about slightly. This wolf seemed like the kind of chipper, outgoing type that, of course, Timmy didn’t like. He really didn’t care though. He would decide his friends and that’s that. He snapped out of his confused state and smiled warmly.

“So, you know my name. What’s yours?” he asked, his tail wagging happily with pleasure when Timmy didn’t blabber something like, “You no make fun eyes!”.

<style type="text/css">
.leichit b {font-weight:bold; color:#59d2b8; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#11321e 1px 1px 1px;}
.leichit t {font-weight:bold; color:#4a210d; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#11321e 1px 1px 1px;}
.leichit .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
.leichit p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.leichit {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#589a46; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/hfDRG.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px dashed #11321e; border-radius:10px; padding: 450px 0px 2px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#11321e; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
OOC: Words: 233

Seemed there were a lot of things the hawk didn't like. At least her master - or servant, Caprica wasn't sure - seemed to have a sense of humour about it. And she herself took it as a compliment, that her intricate design was too bewildering to look at. Surely this creation would impress Frodo. She hoped it did. When Leichi stopped laughing, his face fell into confusion, having not picked up on her subtle insinuation - well she hadn't really meant him to. She could string him along even further, this way. "Caprica," she said again in response to his asking her name, despite having already said 'I'm Caprica'. Perhaps he had thought that was something other than a name, though. Maybe he'd heard 'I'm a caprica', but then, whatever would he imagine that to be? Or perhaps it sounded like some kind of allergy or disorder - like 'I'm diabetic'. She didn't know, but then, most likely he just hadn't heard her the first time through all the kerfuffle of his upstart falcon's behaviour. "I heard about you just now, from a bird." She felt a little bad bringing up the comments again, but he was probably used to his hawk by now. "Trash talk. Didn't believe a word of it. You don't seem shy to me!"

[/html]