the girl with kaleidoscope eyes
[html]
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c73/p ... work-1.jpg); background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-top;0px;background-position:top">
I don't remember exactly what this thread entailed, something about him getting into trouble :3

He didn't know exactly what was going on in Shadowed Sun...except that there had been a lot of fighting lately. Sirius hadn't seen any of it himself, but he had seen what Skoll and Lubomir looked like. Really bad. Sirius didn't want to have to fight anybody ever, but if it came down to it he would fight just like an adult pack member. Maybe they'd have some pups he could take on.

But fighting would hurt...and he'd get all bloody...so he wasn't so sure about it. What would his father say? Maybe he could find some sort of a weapon and fight from far away, where he wouldn't be in the direct line of battle. The almost three-month-old pup looked at window after window until he saw something that looked promising. A big letter "W", followed by a bunch of letters that he didn't know yet. W was the starting word for Weapon, right?

He entered the shop, looking around. Nothing hanging on the walls...but he was too short to see up high. Maybe there would be something cool, like a sword or a bow and some arrows. He climbed up a ladder that leaned against one of the shelves, trying to see what was up on the top ones, when one of the rungs on it snapped. He lost his footing and fell sideways, crashing through an already weakened window and landing amidst the shards.

[/html]
[html]
The dark, wet weather was really beginning to lose its appeal these days, in Poe D'Angelo's eyes. Quietly raging, haunting, life-giving, rain had always had a positive effect on the girl, particularly in the summer months when it came down in plump, soft drops and collected in warm pothole-pools. But when it came day after day, the mystique wore off to a degree, and Poe had begun collecting a few umbrellas on her regular city-scrounging. Today it was a clear plastic one, with a blue rim carrying bright yellow ducks with orange bills. Designed for children, no doubt, but so much of her attire often was--today, it was a Little Bo Peep dress, pale blue with layers of white frills and short, puffed sleeves. She could have walked right out of a story book, if it weren't for the loot-pack she kept slung over her shoulder, clanking with wine bottles and stolen jewelry.

Down a side-street and onto another road, she moved with only the vaguest of direction, eyes scouring the dusty shop windows for something eye-catching. A puppy falling through a window certainly achieved this, and with a quick gasp and a startled "Shit," Poe jogged up to the child. Her attention went first to the gaping space in the window, half expecting to come face to face with a deranged adult (oh, what a twisted moment for her mind to swing back to the comfortable confines of Hollow Nothing) or a mischievous child, but there was nothing. Seemingly without an ounce of natural maternal urge, Poe looked back at the boy with raised brows. "You okay, kid?"

[/html]
[html]
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c73/p ... work-1.jpg); background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-top;0px;background-position:top">

He had always wondered what his mother looked like. Nani had told him that she looked a lot like Grandma Deuce, with the same eyes. Sirius didn't have the same kind of eyes that Grandma and his mom had, though...his were green. Did green run in the family, too? There was a lot that he would have to remember to ask his father when he went back home.

He didn't know what had happened, that he had fallen down or that he was now laying in a pile of glass shards. Small slivers of glass clung to his fur as he tried to get up, paws crunching up a few more pieces. His back hurt so badly! And his paws hurt, too, now...like little stabs. Now that he was more aware of himself he realized that his leg had a sharp pain running through it, and that his head was beginning to pound, too.

Why did this have to happen to him? Everything hurt really, really bad...and where was his dad? Why wasn't someone here to help him? It was around the same time that the female approached that the small pup began sobbing, blood running down his face from a shallow cut in his forehead and dripping off the end of his nose. "I want my dad!! I want my daaaaaaddd! You're not my dad!"
[/html]
[html]
No sooner had she stopped a couple of feet from the little boy, did he burst into tears and sobs. "You're not my dad!" he cried at her, and she couldn't stop herself from cringing a little, the cups of her ears turning away in an attempt to dull both the noise and the concept. No, she certainly was not his father, nor was she a parent of any shape or style to anyone. This lack of interest in motherhood had less to do with a distaste for children, and much more to do with one for being responsible and accountable for guiding the ups and downs of anothers' formative months, but the two ends of this in-stone conclusion were not exclusive to each other. And really, they were just buggy most of the time, anyway.

"Hey, hey--" she tried cutting him off, just as much to make the crying stop as to make an attempt at being the adult in the moment and take control of the situation. She took a few careful steps through broken glass towards him, looking him over and saying, "It's okay, you're okay. Nothing life-threatening." A dark, gentle hand stretched out towards him, testing the air of caution before deciding on a course of action.

[/html]
[html]

Strangers were dangerous. Naniko had told him to stay away from strangers, and that if he was ever by himself out in the city or the Sunflower territory that he should not talk to them. When Poe spoke he stopped crying, though his chest still fluttered up and down with small, quick breaths. What was she saying? He wasn't that bad off, just some aches from the fall and the cut on his forehead...but it had really shocked him, falling through the window.

When she reached her hand toward him he remembered what Naniko and Pilot had been telling him about strangers, and he barked. "Stranger danger! You is a dangerous wolf--you is going to snatch me up and eat me!"

[/html]
[html]
Poe quickly reeled back with a quick, loud sigh at his immediate, almost comically tough defense. Stranger danger? Eating children? It would have been more absurd if she hadn't been kidnapped as a kid and... Well, not quite eaten, but close enough. Still, she was a midget in a tutu holding a duckie umbrella--how threatening could she really look? "I'm not going to eat you, kid," she said flatly.

The metal tip of her umbrella clicked on the ground as she rested her weight into it, preparing herself to talk the boy down until he was ready to go look for the dad he'd been crying for. "Sometimes, when you do something like jump out of a damn window, you just have to accept a stranger's help." She stopped, considering a moment and then adding, "Unless they are offering candy. Avoid the candy-men."

[/html]
[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... ttable.png); background-position: center center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

She did look pretty weird. Comical, almost. But he was hurt and he felt vunerable...so he was concieving everything as a threat. Even her. Sirius had only been out on his own a couple of times, and he wasn't used to all of the sights and sounds yet. He hadn't really met many wolves or werewolves other than the ones in his pack, either. "You don't eat wolf?" There were wolf skulls up along Inferni's borders, he had heard. Did they eat wolves?

"No one has offered me candy. Do you have some candy? What's candy?" Now that he'd realized that she really wasn't a threat he was more willing to speak.

[/html]
[html]
She raised a brow at his first question, and while her first reaction was to imply that it was an absurd question, she suddenly recalled her first meeting with Hollow. Hadn't he been explaining cannibalism to Meth? With... Obvious implications to his definition? Her expression faded with the distraction until she shook her head and gestured for him to follow her. "Forget about it, kid. It's not as exciting as it sounds," she said, a little regrettably. Numerous books had spoken of candy's wonderfulness, but her canine taste buds hadn't ever appreciated it that much, it seemed. Maybe the fact that it was decades old had a part to do with it.

"Just follow me. I'll get you to the edge of the city, so that you can catch a scent home," she offered with a little less compassion than she probably should have. If he made his way here, he could probably make his was back once out of this stone maze, she figured.

[/html]