Lucy in the sky with DIAMONDS
[html]
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c73/p ... work-1.jpg); background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-top;0px;background-position:top">

The night sky glittered above him, the moon and million pinpricks of light helping to illluminate his way. He had woken up during the night and left the den, doing to wander around Shadowed Sun for a while. That walk had led him to the edge of the territory, and he'd continued on after that. Sirius hadn't been outside by himself at night for a while, especially not outside of the territory, so it was exciting.

The two-month-old hybrid was growing, but was still little by all means. He and his brother had been born prematurely, so both were still very small for their age. He fit through the bars of the iron gate pretty easily, not catching any of his scratches on the metal. He'd gotten a bit scratched from an outing in Halifax a day earlier, where he had met Poe.

The headstrong youth looked at the gravestones when he reached them, sitting in the grass next to one. What was this thing for? A big rock sticking out of the ground. There were a lot of them, some in strange, tall shapes. His green eyes looked around, not afraid, but curious. "What are you?"

[/html]
She was waiting. Waiting for what she didn't now, but just then a voice rang out. What are you? A young voice. A puppy's vpoice. Nella perked up, looking around. There, a small pale shadow. A ghost? Perhaps. Nella stood, her Irish peasant skirt rusting slightly as she approached. Her Irish lilt was soft, thickening her voice when she spoke in return. If you are talking to me, i'm just another wolf. If you are talking to the stones, they are gravestones, markers for the humans who passed.

She gave the boy a smile. My name's Nell, an' it's a pleasure to meet ye lad. What might your name be?
[html]
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c73/p ... work-1.jpg); background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-top;0px;background-position:top">

Places were sooo much cooler at night time. Sirius took in the smells, noticing how different they were from the scents back home. In Shadowed Sun everything was familiar, and he knew every smell. Especially the smell of their den. But here everything was brand new, and really really interesting. He lifted his nose, sampling the breeze. It didn't smell bad here, just a little weird. Unfamiliar.

At the approach of the other his eyes widened. He could barely see her in the dark, just a pair of eyes, and then a voice. "Has you 'passed'? What is passed? They comed here and passed me? They is here right now?" The questions came out in a jumble. He didn't know who or what this creature was...maybe she was a spirit herself. "I's Sirius, miss ghosty lady! How did you's come to be dead?" But maybe she wouldn't want to tell him. Maybe it was a secret.
[/html]
She laughed softly, a rich throaty sound. She loved pups, though she'd never had any herself. "Passed is when their spirits joined the afterlife, Laddie. They died...an' no, they didn't just pass. Many have been gone for many a moon."

Was she a spirit? She laughed again, kneeling down so she was more on his level. "Nay, Lad, I am no spirit. I am as real as ye, or yer mum. An' where might yer mum be? Ye shouldn't be runnin' 'round by yerself. Ye might be hurt. She reached out, stroking his soft fur. She wished she had pups of her own.
[html]

Even if she wasn't a ghost, Sirius thought that she was pretty interesting. Different. Who else would come all the way out here? Didn't she have a pack that she belonged to? "You doesn't have a pack?" He inquired curiously. He really liked living in Shadowed Sun with Pilot. Didn't she have anyone? "I lived wiv ma aunt and ma gamma Dooce and Gan-paw Lucwifer...and wiv my uncwas Tali and Noah. But now I live wiv mah daddy. I dunno where my mom is--I is never meeted her"

He climbed up onto one of the stones, standing above her. "Look! I's taller than you!"
[/html]
She smiled tenderly. Nay, lad, i don't have a pack of my own. The pack i belonged to lives far across the wide waters of the ocean. And then he intorduced himself by way of his family. Grandma Deuce. That mean they were family. She grinned at him. I have something to tell you, Mister Sirius. Your grandma Deuce is my sister. So I guess that makes us family, now doesn't it? This was her grandnephew, a child of Dierdre, the woman assumed. She was learning little by little about the family she'd discovered, here in Canada, far from ireland.
[html]

He didn't understand much about geography, that she had come from a place very far away from here. All that Sirius knew was about the lands that he had visited...Shadowed Sun, Twilight Vale, and the city. And this place, too. He didn't know that there was more land with more wolves in it across the ocean. How could they have gotten here? "You talk funny" He commented, looking down at her.

"You know Gamma? If she is your sister...then you is related to my brother too" Gross. He didn't want to think about Apollo; that would ruin his day. "Apollo is smelly. I don't like him."

[/html]