Selling sea shells by the sea shore..
[html]

Quartz Shoreline; Open to anyone; just don’t kill me; Des too pwetty for that D: 567

His pace was sturdy, his mind was clear, but other than that, he was nowhere knowing where he was. He had just been out for a little walk that suddenly had become more than that, it was like being on an expedition, exploring unknown territory, at least it was for him. Everything around him was still new, he had so much to get used to, the smells, the sounds, not to mention; the wolves and creatures he shared these lands with. Maybe he had kept a little bit too much to himself, he had not socialized with too many wolves yet, and had only met one outside his pack; Skoll. Not that he really knew anyone in his pack either, but after straying around alone for over two years, he was probably not the best of chatting companions. He at least thought so.

The dark male with the bluish aura looked around himself, just a few minutes ago he had been surrounded with these large and strange buildings. Des had seen houses and buildings before, and had quite and ok grip on what they were, but they still made him awe sometimes. How could creatures with such resources, technology and intelligence just get wiped of the face of the earth, leaving behind only shells of their history to be interpreted? He wondered if they too, the wolves, once only would be a faded memory for some creature to understand…or maybe they would be completely forgotten.

He had moved over the plains and was now attracted by they salty scent of the sea. It had been a long time since he last had visited it. His pack, Dahlia de Mai, bordered to the sea, but he hadn’t cared to explore his pack land yet, he wasn’t that bored. Desaevio felt too secluded by the borders, he didn’t like to feel like he was locked to a place, he was too spirited a soul for that. And he still longed for his old land, and being in a pack only reminded him of what he already had had, and what he had lost. One day, the grey one would pay.

The grass turned suddenly into sand, walking got harder, and even though he was getting salty water in his pelt, making it all fluffy and wet, and even though little corns of sands was sticking to it, the wind felt nice and the fresh air filled him with new energy. He could be himself here, he didn’t have to think about how he looked…well, not that much about how he looked then.

He ran over the banks and sat down in the sand focusing on the horizon, he closed his eyes and let his head drop to his chest. The males back started to elongate and curve, his neck made a cracking sound as it was moved into place. His snout shortened, all his features started to stretch out as he shifted. His pawns grew out into hands, legs and feet. His cheekbones formed his face into masculine perfection, and a thick black and blue mane grew back long from the top of his head and downwards. Though he was more comfortable in wolf form, he looked much damn better in luperci. Wild like the waves on the ocean, black and threatening like the clouds brewing in the horizon, yet comfortable like the sand.

[/html]
[html]

Hi ;D

The beach wasn't a place where Alexey's chinchillidae partner felt at ease. Dunes of sand were a little too high for him, causing him to struggle greatly with simple tasks such as walking. Not to mention, occasional high waves overlapping the shoreline would often wet his fur and pull him in a little deeper into the ocean until the Koios female had no choice but to pick him up. She didn't mind though. Pickles was more than her pet, he was her baby; a cure against loneliness, and her best friend. He'd been around since her puppy days, and although her sire had never been fond of her making friends with presumed food, Alexey had managed to get her way and keep him. Her sister Adelaida eventually took a liking to the crepuscular rodent too.

That day she'd taken off early in the morning, letting her sibling catch up on some sleep. And yet, quickly enough, she found herself regretting that decision. Her jaw dropped wide open as she watched the spectacle unfolding before her with great interest and disbelief. Consequently, her reaction caused Pickles to land face first in sand. As hot-headed as he was, the chinchilla promptly threw a fit of shrill cries to express his infuriation. That eventually all came to a halt as he, too, laid eyes on the two-legged mutant standing a few feet away from them. They had carelessly smacked into an abnormal being; a creature she could only imagine to be pure evil. Protectively, Alexey moved a paw in front of her friend and pulled him close to her body. She called out to the male, feeling both scared and curious at the same time. "What the heck are you?"
[/html]
[html]

Hia^^ lets have fun =D

Des turned quickly around and stared directly at the odd pair. He had never seen a wolf in company of food before, and weirder, he had never seen a wolf protect its food from being attacked. He looked at the rodent, there wasn’t much meat on it, and besides, he was too stuffed with rabbits to bother to fight the female for it. A thought struck him; what the hell did she eat? How funny would it be if he had made friends with a deer and till kept on hunting them? He smirked.

The female looked slightly confused, Desaevio couldn’t understand why, it was she who was the freak, a cute freak though.

I‘m Desaevio Caesius, filix in Dahlia de Mai, luperci by birth. he had never introduced himself like that before, usually he just uttered his name and that was it. But this one seemed a bit scared so a proper introduction was in order to hopefully calm her down a bit. Had he been of the attacking type, he wouldn’t have bothered to tell her his name, well maybe, if he was about to kill her. Everyone should know the name of their killer, it was proper etiquette to tell someone who was about to kill them. That was the belief he had been taught and had grown up with. There were a lot of wolves waiting for him on the other side, and when that time came, he was ready to face them and repent their death. But not now, he was still alive.

He raved over her like a dark shadow, the only light spot on him was his grey bluish chest that stretched all the way down to his crotch. He took a couple of steps closer to her and sat down, so he would at the same height as her and stretched out his hand to her. And who might you be? he smiled and tilted his head slightly to the left, the wind blew in his mane so the turquoise beads made little clicking sounds.

[/html]
[html]

My apologies for the wait. Smile

The male's facial expression said it all; the same expression had been on her father's face when he'd first found out about Pickles. An exaggerated sigh passed her lips as she gave the black wolf a short explanation, a hint of accusation adorning her normally childish tone of voice. "He's a chinchilla, you know. Not a rabbit. Everyone tries to hurt him all the time, stupid meanies like you maybe? Make victims think you're just a regular wolf then you turn into two-legged beasts and you eat them. I've heard the rumors!" Alexey practically shrieked the last part, unable to control her emotions. One of those shape shifters had threatened her sister with a knife; the red-hued femme definitely did not want to be their next victim. As the stranger introduced himself, Lexey took the opportunity to take a few steps back out of precaution. She did not know what a filix in Dahlia de mai was, or what being a luperci meant, but Desaevio had picked her curiosity. Here's where she was different from her sister; Adelaida would've probably walked away if she had felt threatened enough whilst Alexey had this thing with always wanting to know more.

"Dahlia the-who? Luper-wha?" Golden-speckled eyes blinked rapidly, obviously more confused than she had previously been. What he did next took her aback, but she did not move. The Kiois female merely flinched, tightening her grip around Pickles. She did not see his actions as threatening enough to run away. Sure, he had inched closer without asking her permission, but the sitting position he adopted put Alexey a little more at ease. Her gaze was fixated upon his outstretched hand as a million questions bolted through her mind. What was she supposed to do with his... mutated paw-looking thing? Pickles was staring him down, his cheeks puffed out with annoyance. It was clear the chinchilla had one thing in mind; he wanted to bite a chunk out of that hand. Lexey, on the other hand, was softening up enough to introduce herself. "Alexey Koios."
[/html]
[html]

It’s ok, I’ve been sick lately so I haven’t really had any will to write Undecided And my appologies for the bad spelling…I only have wordpad at work and it’s without a grammar and spelling program >.<

His non-threatening posture seemed to be working, though at the start the female still were on the deffensive, and her little creature looked like it was ready to bite him at any second. He kept his stance, sitting down on his feet, his hand dropped down on his knee from the outstretched position. It didn’t seeme like an reality that she would accept his gesture.

What rumors? was she really reffering to him as a beast? And I’m no beast, a luperci means that I can transform to what you see before you now, and I can honestly tell you that I’m much less dangerous like this than in my wolf shape. he smiled, it was true, this form made him slower…but had he had weapons, he still might have considered himself just as strong as in wolf form, but he didn’t, so he wasn’t. The only real use of this form is the transformation of my paws… he showed them to her and wiggeled all his fingers. with them I can craft things, like the beeds in my mane. he pointed at them, not thinking that she was stupid or anything, but hoping that his calm voice brought her answers and calmed both her and her creature down.

Have you never seen a shape-shifter before? he asked. Des thought it weird if she never had, in his pack, almost everyone had the ability to shift. It was another case with his old pack, only a selected few families had the ability, and they rarely mated outside their own. One could call them royalty.

Dahlia de Mai is the name of my pack, and filix is my rank…it’s really nothing to brag about, my rank is one of the lowest because I just joined. Desaevio hoped he wasn’t scaring her away by pumping to much information out. And he still hoped that she would relax a bit more and get some answers to her questions. Don’t you belong to a pack Alexey?

[/html]
[html]

Don't worry about it! I hope you're feeling a little better. Smile

An exaggerated frown spread across Alexey's face as she examined the luperci standing before her. Could he be trusted? His physical stance showed no ill intention, but that could easily be faked. Perhaps it was all an act; a good one at that. As she opened her maw to throw more accusations at him, the dark male offered an explanation: a clarification that left the Koios female both confused and intrigued. So he was less dangerous in luperci form: odd, but that affirmation somewhat made sense. Alexey had never thought of it that way before. Should anything happen, she would probably be able to outrun him since he did seem kind of slow on those two legs. That thought recomforted her. His sudden grin then left the two-year-old femme a little flustered, unsure of how she should react. She returned the gesture, smiling coyly. This male was truly fascinating. Alexey couldn't help but gape at his transformed paws, following his every movement with great curiosity. She particularly liked the beads adorning his mane, finding them both stylish and pretty. The tawny female felt like a pup once again, uneducated and impressed with the littlest things.

"No. I've never seen a shape... shifter before.", she answered honestly. Lexey didn't know whether she should confide in this male or not. Part of her wanted to tell him about her sister's encounter with a luperci; how Adelaida had been threatened with a knife by one of those freaks. But she left it at that, remaining silent until she could process all of the information being thrown at her. So Dahlia de mai was a pack, and Filix was a rank. It all made a little more sense now. Pieces of the puzzle were starting to fall into place, relieving Alexey from any additional stress she'd encountered due to her ignorance. "No pack. I travel with my sister Adelaida. We used to live here, but we had to leave for a little while and when we came back, everything had changed. New wolves, shape shifters, coy-" She suddenly went quiet, fully aware that she had babbled way too much. Alexey was growing a little emotional, unable to contain her feelings. Stupid nostalgia. If only things hadn't changed...

"I like your beads.", she admitted sheepishly. Oh, if only Ade had been around to hear her say this. Lexey wouldn't have heard the end of it.
[/html]
[html]

Sorry for the wait, I’ve been on vacation to Santorini in Greece…>>;

Though he thught it weird that she had never met a shape-shifter before, he didn’t show off any reaction to it when she spoke, the midnight-blue male tried to make her as comfortable as possible. And he knew that at the moment someone started to feel dumb or unintellectual, they felt uncomfortable and started to go on the defensive. For some reason he didn’t want her to feel any discomfort, there was something pure about this female, and the fact that she was dragging along this creature that reminded him of a mixture between a rabbit, rat and a squirrel just emphasized even more this aura of innosence that he felt surrounded her.

Oh, so you’ve lived here before? How was the place then? the interest was genuine. I myself have been wandering around for about two years, but I wasn’t so lucky to be in company of family. I envy you. He softly smiled at her. His sitting posture started to get a little uncomfortable, his thighs were starting to feel a bit tired, so ungalantly he dumped his butt down in the sand and crossed his legs in a Buddha like fashion. Much better, he sighted.

You like them? he was a bit surpised, he hadn’t had anyone commenting his hair decorations yet. They are actually hunting and war trophies from my old clan, not that that matter anything here, so I guess they’ve just been reduced to pretty decorations… a slightly sadness had taken room in his bloody red eyes. Suddenly he felt very old, like as if his life had been stolen away and that it now only were a dusted memory that no one but he could interpret. He scratched his head and smiled embarrassed to Alexey.

[/html]
[html]

Oh wow! How was greece? Big Grin

Envy her? Why? Alexey tried to make sense of his affirmation, wondering why anyone would envy her at all. Of course, she was lucky enough to have Adelaida around, but was it really worth being envied for? Having her sister's support through thick and thin was something she considered normal, and thus it hadn't occurred to her that the male standing in front of her probably didn't have that chance. Realizing that, the little wolfess pursed her lips together. A feeling of guilt settled over her, an emotion that gradually transformed into empathy. "I'm sorry to hear about that, Desaevio. But you have a pack now, right? Aren't they a little like family to you? I know mine was." She offered a comforting smile, although her honey-colored eyes were distant. Her mind was traveling down memory lane, to a time and place where she had been just a few months old. Her sire had still been alive back then. It had been the happiest time of her life.

Sighing deeply, she finally offered an answer to his previous inquiry. "It wasn't much different than it is now. The lands are still beautiful. We just... didn't have any shape-shifters around before. And if we did, they kept a very low profile." Alexey stopped talking as the luperci dropped down into what seemed to be a very uncomfortable sitting position. She couldn't help but let out an amused laugh as she too, sat on her behind. Her gaze riveted to the beads once again, examining them intently while being provided with Desaevio's explanation. He probably knew a lot about hunting and wars if his mane was adorned with so many trophies. It was a shame that the Kiois femme did not know much about fighting, or she would've asked for some pretty decorations too. As she caught a glimpse of his odd sitting position once again, Alexey couldn't help but ask; "Doesn't that hurt?"
[/html]
[html]

Greece was hot! Got a sunburn on the last day, so I at least came home with some colour Tongue I went scubadiving for the first time, that was pretty cool^^ Walked on a volcano and such^^ Welcome to the pack btw^^ -524-

Seagulls could be heard quarraling in the background, their everyday fights was on display for everyone to see. These simple creatures knew and lived only by one instinct, one feeling, one need; hunger. Or that’s at least what it seemed. Their raw fights over a dead rotten fish was loud and foul. Their fights were many, their gains were low, but the stakes was life itself, for a single little scrap of food could be the one thing seperating them from seeing the next sunrise. And there amongst it all, sat Des in his lotus position, worrying about sand up his bum.

He was happy to see that she too sat down, it relieved him. She wasn’t feeling uncomfortable in his company, or comfortable enough to sit down and relax a bit. Her qusetion was hard to answer, he had only been in the pack for two weeks, any strong bonds to them hadn’t formed yet. His fidelity was still with his old pack, the Aquilo. But in time, he thought, this would change, and he would fully embrace what now, as Alexey had asked, his new pack and family. Still, the thought of what he had lost hurt him every day, and the little angry voice in the back of his head wouldn’t be satisfied until the Grey one had been hunted down and killed.

I’ve only been in Dahlia for about two weeks, and I haven’t met too many of my fellowers yet…but I’m hoping to stay for a longer time and settle. he smiled, knowing he might be lying. The old warrior sat there proud, eye to eye with the opposite being. Compared to his dramatical look; the midnight blue and dark furr, the ruby eyes, the magnificent mane with the beeds and the feathers, she looked calm and soft with tender eyes. There was a tenderness to her, a sort of serenity. It looked as if she was about to fuse with the sand around them, like she was made of, was she real? Or just a fiction of his immagination, he so sorely needed a break from all the evils he had experienced. As fast as it had occurred, his poetic dreaming went away. And he could see, that she in fact was real.

Hurt? What? Sitting like this? he looked at he surprised, It’s very comfortable in fact, in this form my legs are longer and and more straight, so it’s hard to know where to place them withoutmaking it uncomfortable. Sitting this way, relieves them of pressure…but it does take its toll on your behind. He wiggled his bum deeper in to the sand. If it hadn’t been for the advantage of the hands, so you can make and craft stuff, I don’t know what the skill of shifting would be good for… he smiled, it was the hunter and craftsman in him speaking. Though he could dream himself away from time to time, Des was a very pratical male, he tried his best to avoid doing things that weren’t necessary, and the estethic often escaped him.

[/html]
[html]

I got to walk on a volcano too when I visited my family in Italy. I was too afraid to go scuba diving though XD

Shall we finish this thread soon? We can always have a more recent one where Desaevio finds out that Alexey joined Dahlia? Big Grin That would be cool. Thanks for the welcome, by the way!

She smiled softly as the male explained his current pack situation. Indeed, two weeks did not provide enough time to fit in with the rest of the pack, but if his pack mates were anything like Alexey's had been back then, his stay in Dahlia de mai was bound to be nothing less than wonderful. Their conversation awoke a rather bubbly feeling within the caramel she-wolf, a strong desire for acceptance and belonging. She too, wanted to forget about her rocky past and move on. And if that meant joining a pack and making new acquaintances, Lexey was more than willing to give it a try. Adelaida's opinion on such things was a completely different thing, though. Convincing her sister to tag along would be, well, a pain in the ass to say the least. Explaining to her that luperci weren't that bad wasn't very realistic either. "I'm happy that you're willing to settle down and give it a try, then I'll know where to look for you if I'm ever in need of a good conversation." There was a moment of silence between the two of them. And during those fleeting seconds, Alexey couldn't help but feel observed. Uncorrupted eyes watched the male intently, attempting to interpret his every movement. What was he thinking about?

But then he spoke again, alleviating the mood with his good-natured humor. As he wiggled his rump in the grainy sand, Alexey stifled a laugh. He looked quite silly and his act distracted the tawny wolfess for a little while, until his next affirmation came. If shifting was only good for crafting, then why was he currently in his two-legged form? "Are you planning on crafting something then?" Her inquiry was genuine. She wanted to learn as much as she could about luperci so that maybe she could share that information with Adelaida.
[/html]
[html]

Yea! That would be great^^The "getting-a-more-recent-thread" thing I mean^^

Heh, what good questions this one had. He couldn’t help but understand the contradictions in what he said compared with how he acted. Was he always like that? Maybe. He would lecture about peace, but wasn’t he always the first to shed blood if it was needed? He would talk about love and forgiveness, but wasn’t he himself on a journey of revenge? What had happened to all his morals, all his standards, all his dreams? Vanished before the sun they had, the day he was betrayed. Darkness had spurred in his mind, taken roots, formed itself into a little evil voice that always lingered there, in the back of his head.

But something had happened when he had arrived at Souls, he was tired and exhausted and the trail of the Grey one had ended at the borders of Dahlia de Mai. So he had entered, and for some reason, stayed. He didn’t know why, maybe it was fate.

He looked at her and smiled Oh, well, you can come by anytime. he said it sincerely and true, scratching the back of his head in his usual embarrassed manner. He always almost started to blush when someone showed genuine interest in talking to him. Years of wandering alone had done that to him, but even so, he hadn’t lost his social skills completely. Merely forgotten how to accept a compliment. I love good conversations. what Des had in looks, he lacked in words. Explaining things was one thing, but small talk was not his favourite subject, when it came to that, he would rather just listen.

Heh, no I‘m not going to craft anything...I guess....sometimes its comfortable being uncomfortable, and practical being unpractical. he paused, trying to think how he should explain what he had just said. You see, I grew up in my shifted form, it is common in my pack...errm...was... he corrected himself for shifters to stay shifted. So even though I don‘t have any practical use for being shifted at the moment, I am because it feels safe and comfortable, do you know what I mean? he looked at her, searching her eyes for recognition. But if you ever want me to make you something, you know you can just ask.

[/html]
[html]

Alexey tilted her head sideways, obviously confused by the ebony male's explanation. He had lost her somewhere along the 'practical being unpractical' idiom. Still, she remained polite and offered a "Oh." as a reply. The two-year-old had no idea what he meant, but she pretended to understand him mostly because she didn't want to look uneducated. Then somewhere along the line, she eventually caught on, only to find herself dumbfounded once again a few seconds later. She partly understood why he remained shifted; habits were normal, but why did he feel safe in bipedal form? Hadn't he previously stated that he was much less dangerous when shifted? A frown settled upon her face as she tried to make sense of it all. This luperci stuff sure was complicated!

Desaevio's generous offer took her mind off the equations rather quickly though. She was beaming now, her tail moving back and forth to the rhythm of her excitement. Oh boy, this was great. Lexey knew what she wanted already, but she was afraid to ask. She too, wanted pretty decorations. However, the little wolfess was well aware that the Dahlian male's beads were trophies given to him for his accomplishments. It would've been rude to simply ask for one. But if she did something worthy of a reward, then perhaps he would make her a bead. Could he even make them? "Well... if I do something really really special, could you make me a bead?" She smiled coyly, suddenly feeling a little silly for asking.
[/html]
[html]

When you‘re up for a more recent thread message me^^ -792-

It looked like he had lost her at some point while he was talking, but he didn’t react or make any outer reaction to it. Better to just let the whole thing pass. He looked down at the little creature, the rat thing, that she had with her. It hadn’t made any attempt to show itself off in quite some time. Had it too gotten comfortable with him? For a second he wondered if it was a lot of work taking care of the little thing. He himself had never had any puppies...and only once had he had the responsibility of another, but that had ended in disaster. He wondered if the young ones were still alive, probably not. The Grey one had for sure taken care of them a long time ago. He would find her, he would kill her, he would avenge his old pack! But for now, he had to relax, gather strength. And why not enjoy the scenery? He looked at the sanded wolfess, she surely was a pure one this one. So untainted, at least so it seemed.

A light was lit in her golden eyes when he offered to make her something. Though a warrior and a hunter, he was really the son of a crafter, and in peacetime he had helped his father out; crafting tools for the females to use, weapons for the males. It had mainly been his mothers job to make the decorations that adorned the warriors and hunters, and of course everyone else. His knowledge of that kind of crafting was limited, but seeing Alexey light up like this, hope beaming through her eyes, the midnight-blue male didn’t have the heart to let her down. Errm...what do you mean with special? thinking a little inside the box, Des got a little confused. He was male after all. But he soon got back to his old passive self. It had been too long since he had been with a female, the lust was there, but the will to take it any further had been dulled down by the hatred towards the Grey one. Besides, he would never force himself on anyone, much less take advantage of someone.

He got up from the sand, brushed it of his back, bum and thighs. Only now did the difference between them become even greater. He raved over her like a big dark shadow with beaming red eyes shooting out from behind a his large mane. The wind soon blew the hair away from his eyes, and he was transformed into his less intimidating self. You come and see me anytime at Dahlia, I live south-east near the border, in the vineyards. Bring me some flowers and I‘ll make you something extraordinary. He smiled, she should’ve been adorned with pearls just for being who she was. Though this was their first meeting, there was something so familiar with her that made him completely relaxed and happy. He didn’t want to let go of this feeling, so it was with a kind of a sorrow in his heart that he uttered his finale words I‘m sorry, but I have to leave you now, it was nice to meet you miss Alexey. He wanted to touch her, but he dared not. He closed his eyes and started focusing on his own body. It didn’t even take a second before he could hear the cracking of his own bones, his chest broke in smaller. He fell down on all four, his muscles moving from one place to another, his hands pulling together like claws until they finally looked like paws. His back straightened out, and at last, when all his organs had been squished back where they were supposed to be, his head cracked into place, aligning itself with his back. It was all over in a matter of seconds, but for the wolf shifting, it felt like minutes. He opened his eyes and looked at the female, he was still a magnificent site. Although his mane had shortened during the shift, it was still raggedy and large, it stretched down his back shortening as it neared the middle of it.

If she had ever been afraid of him, she should be deadly terrified of him now. He was stronger in luperci yes, but he his agility was at its peak at the moment. Hopefully she knew that he would never hurt her, not on purpose. Starring at her for a couple of seconds he turned and at the blink of an eye he was running. His mind was filled with thoughts and impressions. Was he ever to see her again? Who was it she reminded him off? Would she ever bring him flowers?

[/html]