where we belong

Zana and X'yrin had removed themselves from the borders of her lands. The small hybrid woman was irritated that the child had screeched and screamed like a banshee about something she had no knowledge of. The woman was generally patient and easy going at the borders but this youth of her own clan had tried and pushed her beyond her restraints. She had been silent for the first few minutes that they traveled away from the borders and out of the reaches of Symeria. She finally turned her eyes towards the other woman as she spoke quietly. "I'm sorry, I can not control my clan mates.. but perhaps it's best that way." She wasn't certain that she believed those words but she knew that each and every creature in the clan had a place.

The little woman studied the lady beside her for a second before pausing in their travels. "What brings you to find comfort in a member of a clan that's known for it's darker edge.." Her grey lavender eyes gazed at her in wonder for a second, thinking that perhaps she was looking for trouble. Zana didn't know and she wasn't going to accuse the woman but she knew that this was a dangerous game the woman was playing and sooner or later it was going to catch up with her. She hoped that she wasn't around to see the damage when it did.

She knew she shouldn't ask but she had to know. "Just who in the clan is it you came to see.." Her voice was soft as she watched and waited, hoping that the woman would give her an answer and not some dreamer's mystic riddle or some teaching verse. She had already stuck her neck out far enough today and while she had no problems with the woman she wasn't certain she understood the pack she came from at all.
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... eowl-1.jpg); background-color:#531F11; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 15px; padding-left: 5px; padding-right:5px; padding-top: 350px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

They had left the dreadful child for the most part travelling in silence, which was fine for the soft spoken Nomad. She’d rather have the time to think to herself, and mull over what had happened some short while ago. X’yrin was never fond of aggression and to be faced with it so blatantly was appropriately unnerving. There was no doubt in her mind that had Zana not been there the results of that encounter would have been unfavorable for them and for their respective packs as a whole. Nothing stirred restless spirits more than a misunderstanding left to fester under assumption, and such was the last result the wolf wanted.

The numbing cold beneath her pads was background noise to her engaged thoughts. Even the barren twigs that snapped underfoot were unfelt though her ears did twitch to their sound. She was simply too bothered to indulge herself in Nature as she would have liked, not with that instant still so fresh on her mind. Her wandering attentions nearly caused her to slip past her stilled walking companion, and was only noticed when her peripheral no longer caught the hint of fire flickering in the corner. X’ryin paused then as well and looked to the petite female with brows peaked with curiosity. “I’m sorry?” she replied absenting, vaguely recalling her words before she was addressed again.

With what she had been witness to today, it didn’t surprise her why her actions were called into question, but then in her own defense, she hadn’t known the extent of the packs hatred for her kind… only their aggressive tendencies and nothing more. The thought of a pack bound together by a dislike of a species was troubling to her, and dare she admit it was frightening. To think her friend was a part of this madness… The woman shuddered minutely. “I am glad to say, that I do not see her with the same ‘dark edge’ as your brethren, my friend. I have known her before she came to live with you, and see her only as I did the day we met.” Carefully she lifted an umber glove to her face and combed back the wild bangs fallen in front of her eyes. “Her name is Vesper. And I saw that in confidence that no harm will come to her for her association with me.”

ooc: 395 words.

[/html]