Leave a horse to water
[html]
OOC: Words: 600

It was nice and rather funny how his thoughtfulness kept catching up with him. For a moment after she spoke he took her entirely seriously, raising the drink and everything, but then suddenly the words seemed to sink in properly and he was guffawing and she feared his head might fall off with the force of it. It was funny enough to imagine the pair of them bowing and scraping, let alone somebody like Viking or Alaki. Naniko was the ruler, but not all of her packmembers were exactly subservient types, although it was only natural to follow the advice of your leader regardless of your personality. She wondered what he had found so funny, and when he spoke her lack of self-esteem kicked in once more, telling her perhaps he was laughing at the idea of her being a princess. Well, if this was the case - and true enough, she would make an odd bearer of the term - she didn't care: and she thought it was probably about time she showed him how royally gracious she could be. "Well, we can't help what we're born," she joked, emerald eyes watching him with laughter in them, and a little apprehension, for his own rather more vigorous laughter was sure to start any moment, although she had enjoyed the sight and sound, the suspense of waiting for more of the unexpected peals was quite nerve-wracking. But no: it seemed it was his turn to play the joker, and turn her silliness back on herself. When he cried shame on her name, she let out her own giant snort of amusement in a manner terribly unladylike, let alone un-princess-like. But she could still be gracious. "Well, then, young Mido," although surely he was about her age, and she had been full-grown more than half her life, "I say you're wrong, for here in Anathema we are all related by blood... every last damn one of us is a prince or princess, therefore." She clicked her tongue triumphantly: this must mean that even in the land of comedy, it was still permissible for the pair to be hanging out like this. Funny for a dog - or wolf? - who had seemed so eager to pass some casual time in the kitchen with her to now be attempting to find reasons that she should leave him alone. Of course, she was certain he didn't mean it, maybe he was just lacking inner confidence too and needed her to prove that she didn't mind being here. Or was that her own sentiment, that he had artfully turned on herself? Caprica had no idea, and she was fed up of thinking about it, so decided to stop worrying and just enjoy the evening. Of course, she wouldn't be Caprica without a gentle dig in his direction first. "Ya thought you could chase me away with compliments, and now you're trying to turn my own blood against me to force me to go! But I ain't goin' nowhere til we have that toast!" She lifted her mug to his and cracked the rims together with force, tossing back her hair and nodding her approval of his wording, and then lifted the mug to her lips once more, commenting as she did so. "I'll drink to that." Her eyes found his over the brim of her mug, and noticed how blue and green were almost the same shade in the warm, dim Anathema firelight.

[/html]
[html]

Word Count ::487 Points::3 OOC:: Would like to end this Fred?

Mido was really just enjoying the idea of royalty that she initiated, he was having fun with it when he said what he did to her. The female crafter replied that they hadn’t a choice of the way they had been born. To the Dasa it sounded like she was having a good time with it too, as though she were playing the game of royalty along with him. But what she said actually had some validity and made sense to him, he understood it pretty well. The Huskadore was born to a family that was weak in strength and numbers, which no other group of canines in America liked. The male and his family were always treated less than the dirt that all would walk on. His life now was nothing in comparison to how it was in the past, and he was thankful for that at least. The midnight colored woman snorted at his joking comment about royalty not being involved with the common status individuals. Addressing him as being young, he wondered how old she might be, she seemed barely older than he so he thought. Caprica told him he had been wrong, and they were all related by blood, making them equal as a prince or princess. Good, I’m glad you feel that way.Her comment made him smile; he was glad she felt that way, because he would hate not being allowed to associate with her, it would just tear him apart.

The D’Angelo began rambling about him trying to chase her off with compliments and trying to get her to leave by using her own blood against her. She told the half and half that she wouldn’t leave till they had their toast. He was very content and pleased to hear that she wouldn’t go, at least till they were done drinking. If he could have it his way, he wouldn’t make her leave in the first place, he wasn’t going to try and rush things, and push himself or his opinions on to her, but by no means did he want to see her go. He jokingly made dramatic gasp. I would never chase you away. In his head he thought about what he said and how he were actually serious, he would ever try to chase away, on purpose anyhow. He was calm and comfortable; he enjoyed drinking with her, and no longer cared about what happened earlier. She crashed ceramics with him before placing the mug to her mouth. The female crafter agreed to drink to his suggested topic of toast. Then let’s get drinking. He put the tankard to his mouth a little hard accidentally clinking it against his teeth. He tipped his head back letting the wine slip through his lips perform miracles on his taste buds. He happily swallowed the mouthful of the liquor that Caprica had made, with only half a bottle left to go.

Table by the Mentors!
my avatar is NATalicious

<style>
.K22911_OctIsAFrog p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.K22911_OctIsAFrog b {font-family:times new roman; color:#fcba08; margin:5px; font-size:13px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:2px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #000000;}
.K22911_OctIsAFrog {background-color:#2e1411; font-family: times new roman, serif; font-size:14px; color:#d12e11; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #282147; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c73/p ... tabpik.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:0px 0px 200px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; border-radius:8px; } .K22911_OctIsAFrog-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>

[/html]
[html]
OOC: Sure, whenever you like is fine by me... but maybe another thread some time? Big Grin Words: 502

At Mido's remark, Caprica felt a growing urge to be contrary, perhaps brought on by the slight lowering of boundaries that the mild intoxication had caused or perhaps because she was rather tired, more tired than she realised, after spending days riding - she was not usually quite so active. "Well, I said it how it is, that's not to say that's how it should be. You think I deserve to be a princess, Mido?" Oh, she was impossible, so determined to put him on the spot. His answers were always so simple and straight-forward, to the point - she was determined to keep throwing him off balance, try to extract something less evenly phrased. Start to get to know who the real, deep-down Mido was. But then guilt kicked in, stopping her in her tracks. "Sorry, man, you don't have to answer that. I don't wanna know, anyway - I'm far too sensitive." She shook her head with a regretful chuckle, because of course he didn't think she was worthy of such a title. In a logical world, blood and family alone didn't make somebody worthy of high standing - only deeds. And what had she ever done around here that was so valuable?

Still, there was a small and disapproved-of part of herself that would rather like to be a princess, would like the admiring looks and the respect that such a grand title seemed to imply would be paid - perhaps she was just the same as everybody else in this. Caprica had been inclined to be high and mighty since she was young and lording it around her little brother and sisters. It had been a great change in her when she realised she wasn't so special, and she wasn't surrounded by guards on sentry duty and protected from the outside world - she was weak and vulnerable sometimes, like everyone. She had never quite lost the attitude, though. Mido had produced another of his matter-of-fact but lovely statements, that he would never chase her away, which somehow triggered a rebellious streak in the woman and she banged her cup down a little harder than meant to after gulping down her toast, folding her muscular arms as she squared up to him. "Oh you won't, will you? Ha! I'd like to see you try!" she exclaimed. He might be an officially ranked warrior, but she was tough enough in her own way. She wasn't going to let him treat her like a shy, easily frightened girl, who might flitter off like a dismayed butterfly at any moment. She was Caprica D'Angelo and she was anything but fragile. "You're so on, boy. We should spar sometime... maybe I'll be the one chasing you off, huh?" Yes: she was definitely feeling the heady rush of inebriation - not to any great effect, she was not staggeringly drunk, but tipsy enough for her belligerence levels to soar.

[/html]
[html]

Word Count ::507 Points::5 OOC:: Alright now you can end it if you want, it just seemed like so much fun. Calling him out like you did... And yes we need to have another thread some time. XD

The dark colored D’Angelo asked the multicolored mix if he thought she deserved to be a princess. Honestly she was really great at asking questions that weren’t the easiest to answer. He didn’t have to think to hard about it. He was about to give her an honest answer, his mouth was open ready to speak when she stopped him by saying he didn’t have to answer her, and that she didn’t want to know. That was fine by him, he was going tell her that he thought she could be a princess. The Huskadore had read his fair share of literature including texts that were about royalty. Not all the princesses in the books he read were perfect in any way; some of them were trouble makers or just plain friggin crazy. Personally he thought that anyone who was “perfect” was boring; there was no depth to these individuals. But the female crafter didn’t want to know she claimed that she was too sensitive. Mido had to turn and look away from her; he tried to hide his smile and amusement from her. Her comment amused him, he didn’t know her well; but she definitely didn’t seem like she couldn’t handle it. Something about him that he just could never help, he was blunt about things especially with questions. He looked back to Caprica, having successfully hid his smile and amusement from her. I think you could be a Princess. But that’s just my opinion. He answered her anyway. The half and half raised his hands and shrugged his shoulders.

It was like the nightly colored woman had gotten an attitude concerning his comment. All he said was that he would never chase her away. She hit her mug on the table’s surface, crossed her arms and nearly got in his face. She asked if he wouldn’t then exclaimed she would like to see him try. He was officially confused, and the alcohol was not helping his thought process. He thought he said he wouldn’t, but maybe he said he would; he could no longer remember what he originally said to her. Upon closer inspection she wasn’t small by any means, she had some considerable definition to her. He probably was incapable of picking her up and throwing her like he had with some other female canine who he’d sparred with. She told him he was on and they should spar sometime. He was definitely under the influence, but he wasn’t trashed yet, but they were well on their way there. Mido was in shock, his mouth hung wide open he just looked at her with bewilderment and excitement. Boy? Spar? You chase me off?! Oh, time and place Caprica, I’ll take you on whenever you want! The female got him fired up, though they wouldn’t do it here and now, not in the kitchen, everything would be destroyed. Sparring with her never came across his mind, probably because he generally didn’t associate the kitchen with getting physical, there’s always a first time for everything though.

Table by the Mentors!
my avatar is NATalicious

<style>
.K22911_OctIsAFrog p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.K22911_OctIsAFrog b {font-family:times new roman; color:#fcba08; margin:5px; font-size:13px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:2px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #000000;}
.K22911_OctIsAFrog {background-color:#2e1411; font-family: times new roman, serif; font-size:14px; color:#d12e11; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #282147; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c73/p ... tabpik.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:0px 0px 200px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; border-radius:8px; } .K22911_OctIsAFrog-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>

[/html]
[html]
OOC: 3+ Okay! I ended it... feel free to have him suggest somewhere else if you have an idea, and we'll take it as she agreed x)

She eyed him rather sharply, looking for traces that he meant the word princess in a negative manner - she wasn't a brat, or spoiled, by any means. But the man's face was just as relaxed and open as it had been all along, and Caprica figured he just meant to refer to good poise and elegance, that sort of thing - although she was fairly sure she had none of those things, it didn't hurt to lie to herself now and again.

Caprica hadn't thought that he meant to threaten to chase her off. It was simply implied in his words that he could if he wanted to, so he needed to reassure her he wouldn't. Therefore, to her mind the playfully defensive reaction had been quite justified, and she was delighted by his reaction too, throwing equally heated banter back her way: it seemed neither of them were going to stand down, which was how she liked it. They could face one another as equals, and have themselves some fun.

Not here, and not now, though. The wine, the long days and the lively conversation were taking their toll on the D'Angelo woman, and she stifled a yawn. "You got it, Mido. Know a good place for this to go down? How about the training ground, up in Thackary Village? Or, wherever you wanna take this thing is good with me." She wanted to continue posturing and puffing herself up, but she was actually beginning to sway on the spot, sleep's onset suddenly seeming imminent. "You're so going down, boy," she managed to say, though, before leaning over the table to give him a loose goodbye hug, completely at odds with her words but she was certain he knew she didn't mean all the bluster, as hard as it sounded. "Well, thank you for your company, this has been fun... I'll see you there, 'kay?" And with that she had turned away, exiting the kitchen with her feet dragging but a small smile on her face. Well, this would be something to look forward to, for sure.

[/html]