I'm a a loss for life
OOC--Set sometime later in the month due to other threads and time it takes to get there 309

IC--

Aeron found herself traveling, as the pack's andras she had more duty and she took it seriously. She also found herself training and gathering more of an armada of animals. Each one had uses that she needed in her job. She looked around she patted Elzar and encouraged him to move along.

She smiled as she glanced to her side to feel the newest addition to the team become edgy on her shoulder. The crow was not something that aeron had wanted but she needed eyes in the skies and something that could move messages quickly to Alaki and Naniko.

Huffing she looked around and found herself alone. She looked at her crow friend. it still needed a name and she had been learning Japanese from alaki. She thought about naming the thing something fancy with that. She looked at it and thought. "mmm I have the perfect name for you Shou. It means to soar or to fly." Though currently she was training it to stick by her. So it was tied to short rope and treated for sticking close.

Moving on she watched Shou and thinking of what she should do today. She sighed as she looked around and found herself somewhere that she wasn't sure about. "Shou show me what you can do fly' She said as she lengthened the rope and allowed him to go higher. She enjoyed the work she was doing and training something that had lived around anathema for some time it spoke broken English and it was enough for basic communication and warnings.

Shou circled for a moment and returned to her and landed on her shoulder. "Nothing" The crow squawked it knew a very small vocab and most of the things she had to gather through motions. She gave him a piece of bread and smiled. "Thank you." She said.
OOC: No table thread! Thread is dated the 20th. Word Count: 614

Slowly but surely the blind wolf was expanding her boarders. She tried to travel the Ethereal Eclipse as often as possible, hoping that her familiarity with the land and the forest would give her the edge she needed to hunt successfully. So far she only managed to succeed twice, and the first time she had a lot of help from Light. The other time had been a rabbit that Fawkes had scared into Hotaru's waiting jaws so it didn't really count. The grey wolf was desperate to succeed. Not only did she want to feed herself, but she wanted to show Light that she could be useful. Light always said she would improve and Hotaru felt his confidence in her was not valid. Her carvings were amateurish and her hunting was a failure. Although she could walk around the woods, beech, and pack lands without much trouble she was bound to those locations. Hotaru couldn't travel up to the North by herself or even to the south where Light lived, something she was very upset about.

Hotaru was in optime form, a form she tried to avoid while wandering around in the woods. The only reason why she used the bipedal appearance was because the area she was exploring was brand new to her and it was close to the edges of the Ethereal Eclipse (although she didn't know this). To the blind wolf it seemed like the woods stretched on forever, because even after walking for several hours she still hadn't reached the brink. As Hotaru walked her staff bounced against the ground, it's tip landing in each location were she would step. When the staff wasn't on the ground it hovered mere inches above the surface or trailed off the the sides. Hotaru wanted to avoid tripping or running into things.

High above her Fawkes flew in the air, his large wings spread out allowing the massive bird to glide silently on the thermals. Occasionally he would dip down below the tree line and check on Hotaru to make sure that she hadn't injured herself in any fashion. As Fawkes returned to the open sky after checking on his master for the fourth time that hour the sky wolf spotted a crow flying into the forest. It was a decent sized bird and it wasn't too far away. With quick wingbeats the avian hunter flew after the crow, diving into the forest only a minute after the crow had. Fawkes only had eyes for the smaller black bird and failed to notice what it was perched on. Fawkes's wings were spread and his deadly talons were extended, he was fully intent on killing the crow, until he noticed the coyote it was resting on. Fawkes gave a startled cry and retracted his talons as his wings beat furiously against the air. But his efforts were of no avail and the red bird crashed into the coyote sending him sprawling on the ground, more stunned than injured. Fawkes just laid on his back in the dirt; his wings extended, his talons spread open, and his legs resting against his breast.

As Fawkes flew back above the trees Hotaru could hear the beat of his wings change, their pace increasing, and soon they sound disappeared altogether. Hotaru began to walk a little faster, hoping to at least lesson the distance between them. Suddenly a cry came out and Hotaru's heart jumped into her mouth. Fawkes. Hotaru walked as fast as she could, her staff barely even touching the ground. She hoped and prayed that he was okay. He was her life, even more so than Light. She didn't know what she would do without him.
Poor Aeron doesn't know. T_T 250 WC

Aeron had been content with how things were going she had only had the bird she now called Shou a short while. She wanted to get to a pack soon and talk with someone. She was still working on learning all the packs and what they were about. Her basic map information book was not very accurate but what info she knew was in it. This allowed her to judge who would make good allies and who would not.

She opened her book and was looking at it when the sound of terror emitted from Shou. Looking up she raised her book and hand to try to stop the bird but it was not necessary as the bird was already trying to stop. the poor thing was thrown off as it landed on the ground. Aeron looked at it then at Shou served it right in a sense.

"You poor thing." Aeron said as she slid off her horse and moved towards it. "Shou is not food." She said moving towards it. She just wanted to be sure the stupid thing had not harmed itself. She wondered if it had been on its own or if there was indeed someone near by.

The sound of someone calling answered Aeron's question. Turning her head she looked around and saw this wolf coming at her. The coyote woman was shocked that this thing belonged to someone. "He's over here!" She called out waving her hand. She hoped the woman would see her.
[html]
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i201/ ... utable.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; background-color:#bebfc8; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-left: 15px; padding-right:15px; padding-top: 415px; ">

Talk! Think! Walk!

OOC: Okay, I lied. Word Count: 506

Fawkes just laid on his back for a few moments, stunned by both the impact and the sudden appearance of a coyote. The red bird eyed the black crow, wondering why it had decided to take refuge with the golden canine. Fawkes was hungry but he knew better than to eat someone else's pet. Just like the rabbits that the strange dog hugged, the crow was off limits. Fawkes listened as the coyote talked to him saying a Shou was off limits. Fawkes chirped a little indignantly, "No want shou, want crow. Crow lucky." Despite his protests Fawkes continued to lay on his back, still a little too stunned to move. Fawkes perked up though when he heard his master's voice. Desperately the red bird tried to flip himself, his wings flapping and his legs flailing uselessly in the air.

Hotaru struggled to find her avian companion, calling his name and listening closely to see if he had replied. A voice she did not expect rang through the forest and Hotaru followed it in hopes that it might lead her to her beloved friend. Her suspicions proved true as the stranger called out to her. Following the stranger's voice Hotaru approached cautiously, she didn't want her staff to hit Fawkes, especially if she was wounded. The blind wolf could hear the beating of wings against the ground and used that to find out were Fawkes was. Even so, she still didn't get tooclose out of fear that she might hurt him. "Fawkes, you alright?" Her inquiry was met with a gruff cry as the put out bird failed to right itself. He began to chatter wildly in low speech, complaining that the crow was cheating by taking shelter with a coyote. As Fawkes spoke Hotaru kneeled down, placed her staff on the ground, and slowly reached over; her wandering hands searching for Fawkes's soft feathered body. Eventually she found him and carefully picked the large bird up, cradling him in her arms as she used to when he was younger.

With Fawkes safe and sound in her arms the grey wolf turned her attention to the stranger. "Thank you so much for finding him. I don't know what I would have done." She inclined her head a little in the direction she supposed the coyote must be, a small but polite gesture. Hotaru's ears were pointed towards the coyote and her nose sampled the air. She could smell the coyote, who from the multitude of scents she was carrying most likely from a pack. But the strange woman did not smell like the Ethereal Eclipse or any of the packs Hotaru was familiar with. Could the coyote be from a pack farther away? There were also scents of a horse and crow, perhaps the coyotes companions. As Hotaru mulled the olfactory information over her dexterous hands worked over Fawkes to see if the bird was injured. Thankfully there didn't seem to be any problems. A small smile passed over her lips, relief flooding the blind wolf.

Table by Chazza

[/html]

It had never occurred to aeron that the woman coming her way was blind. Though watching as she moved closer it came more to mind. Aeron watched as the girl seemed to look in various directions not really focused on way or the other. This brought aeron's curiosity up. She watched more intently as the woman bent down and patted around looking for her bird. the foolish thing that it was.

Aeron had pretty much ignored it's lowspeach babble. She was slowly beginning to understand the various speeches that were around her. Though she had never spoken to a bird directly she found herself sitting in the trees listening to them. She wanted to know what they were saying and she wanted to learn. So she listened and slowly there were small things that she was able to learn.

"Well consider it his and your lucky day. He tried to make a meal of my crow." she said giving the bird a glare. Shou fluffed his feathers as he let out a squawk. Aeron reached over and gave him a gentle pat. "My name is Aeron, I come from anathema up north." she said as she knelt down to be closer to the woman.
[html]
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i201/ ... utable.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; background-color:#bebfc8; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-left: 15px; padding-right:15px; padding-top: 415px; ">

Talk! Think! Walk!

Word Count:389

The blind wolf's relief at knowing that Fawkes was okay was substantial, although only a small bit of emotion showed on her face. There was also a slight bit of amusement in her swirling emotions at Fawkes story. He, the predator, was simply trying to get a good meal, the crow. Fawkes complained that the black bird sought refuge with the golden coyote, although the prideful hawk left out how he had ended up on the ground. Hotaru was able to guess from the story how it happened and she let out an amused smile when the stranger told pretty much the same story in a shorter amount of time. "So he tells me. Don't worry about you crow, now that he knows it is with you he wont go after it again."

Both Fawkes and Hotaru had listened to the squawking crow and although Hotaru didn't say anything Fawkes retorted with his own cry. It sounded like something of an apology but knowing how narcissistic hawks could get Hotaru doubted it was a complete apology. As the coyote introduced herself Hotaru placed Fawkes on the ground right-side up and listened as he flew into a nearby tree. Her red-tipped ears swiveled, the rusting of a cloak and the slight crunch of the icy ground alliterated her to Aeron's change in position. Fawkes called out from his perch in the tree, telling the coyote to back up. The grey wolf inclined her head a little while flicking her wrist in the air, a polite gesture to the woman and an OK for Fawkes so he would calm down. "It's nice to meet you Aeron of Anathema. I'm Hotaru, an Immaginazione from Cercatori d'Arte. I owe you for taking care of my friend, if there is anything I can do for please let me know."

Anathema, Hotaru had heard little bits of information about the pack, but not enough to tell her anything useful. Just that it was in the north and was known for its members with...questionable backgrounds. Other than that, she knew that the pack had a neutral standing with Anathema. Why one of their members was so far south, Hotaru couldn't guess, but she knew it was in her best interest to get along with the coyote. After all, how well could a blind wolf defend themselves?

Table by Chazza

[/html]
WC 214

Aeron watched the other bird with golden eyes. She didn't quite like the thing but she would let it live for today. Aeron waved at the stupid thing as it tried to tel her what to do. She was not about to start listening to a bird. Looking at the woman before her aeron smiled.

"Oh wait Cercatori d'Arte, I know of that place I met a tall man by the name of sh...shaw.. of what ever its been a long while. How is the land of d'Arte doing?" She asked looking at her though her suspicions had been fully confirmed the woman was indeed blind.

"I also think a good question is what is a blind woman doing out of her pack lands you could be easy prey." Aeron said worry laced in her voice as she looked at Hotaru. Looking at Shou who seemed to be a bit on edge still with the hawk staring him down.

"I was actually heading to d'Arte in the next few days. I'm working on many things and knew d'arte had some traders." she spoke. She still knew little about the pack but she knew some things from her last encounter there. That man was so nice and why could she not remember his name.
[html]

Talk! Think! Walk!

Word Count: 508

The blind woman couldn't help but feel a little sad at the mention of her bygone...friend? The word made Hotaru pause. Was Shawchert really her friend? They had only met a few times and most of the time was spent with Hotaru either mad and/or with Shawchert feeling uncomfortable. The first instance was both, the large male had tried to test Hotaru's eyes and she was not appreciative of the gesture. The second time Shawchert had been on edge although he had graciously helped the blind woman find a house. But most of her energy during that encounter had been spent in frustration because the older puppy had bothered Hotaru so much. The grey wolf made a mental note to ponder the question at a time when she was alone, or at least more so.

Aeron's first question was about the overall state of Cercatori d'Arte. Another thing that gave Hotaru pause. The coyote claimed to be friends of Shawchert but she was a stranger to Hotaru, making the wolf less inclined to give out information on the pack. Hotaru gave a polite smile and decided to go with the safest thing, half of the truth. "I believe you mean Shawchert, and I am sorry to say that he is no longer with the pack. As for the rest of the pack, we are doing quite well. Since I joined there had not been a boring moment." None of it was a lie, or at least a complete lie. The pack as a whole was doing well, although many of it's members felt a terrible pain due to the loss of a puppy and the banishment of the one who murdered it. Hotaru also felt that it was wise to not mention the packs boat. She didn't know how sensitive that information was nor did she feel it was proper to hand this stranger such information.

The second question directed at Hotaru's eyesight. Aeron unlike so many others seemed to have picked up on Hotaru's disability quickly. This didn't really surprise Hotaru as she felt that her situation was actually quite obvious. Hotaru merely smile politely and said, "I think you'll find I'm not so easy a target." Once again, it wasn't exactly a lie. Hotaru had become quite capable of handling herself in the darkness, although this capability didn't extend to areas that she was unfamiliar with. Hotaru had also learned how to pinpoint the locations of others through sound and smell, and through her training with a staff she could at least make her aggressors think twice about underestimating her. Whether or not she could win such battles was another matter entirely.

The stranger's last statement was a wish to visit the pack. Hotaru believed it would be interesting to see how the stranger fared among the traders and if she could successfully bridge a trading alliance between their two packs. "I shall look forward to your visit then. I myself am a wood carver for the pack so perhaps my own wares may interest you."

Table by Chazza

[/html]
258 WC

Aeron was quick to pick up on things that were important. Her years working in shadows had given her the abilities that helped her succeed here. She knew it mattered not what the expression on her face was but she held a smile non the less. Shou huddled himself to the gold woman still eying the hawk.

Aeron nodded. "Mhh I'm sorry to hear that he left I would have loved to try and trade a few more things." She said as she contemplated her questions wisely.. She knew to ask just general things to get a good feel for what the pack was up to though there was not much care about full details. "So D'Arte seems to had stayed out of the war that seems to have caused a stir down this way." She commented trying to get more of a footing on what kind of info the woman was willing to give up.

A blind woman who was not an easy target she wondered how this worked "A wood carver how do you know the things you carve are any good if you cannot see?" she questions. If she couldn't see she'd most likely cut herself or it'd look like crap. She took this as a chance to learn a bit more about those in D'Arte. "Do all in D'Arte have crafting skills like that I thought they were more like gypsy's then I guess those of actual art." she said. She had to keep things vague just trying to get a good general idea.
[html]

Talk! Think! Walk!

Word Count: 546

If there was one thing the blind wolf was good at, it was hiding her emotions, unless those emotions were rage or anger. Then Hotaru went off like a firecracker in the dead of night. Luckily, Aeron's questions confused or amused her more than anything else. They were asked like a pro, one who knew what to ask and how to ask it in order for her to get the information she truly desired. What this coyote desired, was difficult to say, although the pack was a good place to start. Hotaru wasn't a pro and couldn't get a handle on her, so she again tried to say as little as possible. Unfortunately, Hotaru knew nothing of a war or The Artists involvement in such conflict. It was Hotaru's impression that they preferred to stay out of such things, although the recent fiasco with Liam sure proved that they were capable of violence.

Hotaru's picture perfect smile stayed on her face like a mask, hiding her confusion, her doubts, and her worries. She said in a polite, yet confident voice, "I wouldn't really know about their involvement in the war, I only recently joined the pack."

Her answer was designed to do two things, show that she couldn't give Aeron the information she desired and give the coyote a false impression about her knowledge of events that transpired in Nova Scotia. Hotaru had only arrived in Nova Scotia a little less than two months ago and even though she lived in close proximity to the area she had spent most of her time trying to learn how to deal with her disability. Even after joining the pack, most of her time was spent relearning the skills she needed to survive.

Once again Hotaru's abilities came into question. To this she said, "Eyesight isn't as important as you might imagine." Hotaru didn't want to give up any information on herself or the pack. The coyote was prying, and Hotaru did her best to answer in polite ways that made sense, yet gave nothing away. The bind woman wasn't really as confident as she made herself out to be. She knew her weaknesses and her flaws, and they were always brought to the forefront of her mind when she ran into some obstacle or cut herself while carving. Still, Aeron didn't need to know that and Hotaru guessed that if she wanted to remain safe she had better appear stronger than she actually was. It was a gamble, but one the grey wolf hoped she could win.

Back to question's about the pack and their answers were hidden from Hotaru. She knew that the pack had many skills such as wood carving, poetry, and music. But the actual nature of these skills had not been revealed to Hotaru. Although many of the pack members proved themselves to be very capable with a carving knife. Still Hotaru worked to answer as best she could in a way that wouldn't reveal to much about the pack to this stranger. "There is a wide range of skills in d'Arte. And besides, art, such as beauty, is in the eye of the beholder." Hotaru put some emphasis on the word "eye," the irony of her statement not lost on the grey wolf.

Table by Chazza

[/html]

Aeron was trying everything she could just to get some basic details she didn't care so much about the woman as a single she wanted to know things about the pack as a whole but she figured it to be to rude. She was kinda saddened by the fact that she knew nothing of the war. She was hoping that some one who was not in the direct fight would have some more info but it didn't see as that was so. "Oh well if they are fairing well then they survived." She said smiling

She didn't know what the other was thinking and it irked her how vague the woman was being. She wanted info not a prance around. 'Your right art is unique and its beauty interpreted differently. Though thats not what I asked." She said politely. She could never be mean to the woman for she had enough on her plate.

"So does D'Arte have many of various trades, I'm hoping for some leather or cloth." She asked using what she needed as a way to get some more info. She was just trying to do her job. Though she could go and get info from others.
[html]

Talk! Think! Walk!

Word Count: 406

The two women clashed like titans, both of them strong and stubborn. It was clear that Hotaru would not willingly give up information on her pack and it was clear that Aeron would not stop asking for it. However, Hotaru was determined to hold fast and keep her secrets to herself. She tried her best to look competent and powerful, but the truth was she didn't know a lot about Cercatori d'Arte. She was still fairly new and kept mostly to herself. It actually astonished the blind woman how ignorant she was about her own pack. Hotaru had decided to try better, to learn more about the pack and it's members. She needed to become a true member, not just the wolf on the sidelines.

Luckily the coyote didn't push Hotaru for more information regarding the war that had apparently happened. She let the topic die with a friendly voice and a simple comment. Hotaru nearly sighed with relief until Aeron called Hotaru on her bluff. It seemed as if the second topic was not to be dropped as easily as the first. Hotaru continued to smile, but one the inside she was panicking slightly. How could she get around this situation without digging herself into a bigger hole and without giving out too much information on the Artists. "Yes, I suppose it's not. There are some traders within the pack, but I could not tell you all of their professions. As I said earlier, I am new. And besides, it's not like I can read the shop signs. But I'm sure if you traveled to the pack lands you can find at least something to suit your purposes." Hotaru hoped that her answer was appropriate. She kept her poker face intact, but her heart pounded inside her chest. Hopefully the coyote would be satisfied with her words

While the two women talked Fawkes sat in one of the lower tree branches. Despite Shou's worry, Fawkes wasn't really all that interested in the crow anymore. Once he found out that the crow was off the menu it almost ceased to exist in his mind. To pass the time while he waited for the canines to finish talking he decided to groom his feathers. With great care he took the feathers individually into his powerful beak to clean them. After all, it was important to keep his fluffy down and flight feathers free of dirt and wrinkles.

Table by Chazza

[/html]
355 WC

Aeron found entertainment in this situation now as she sat here with the woman. She had met her only because the bird had wanted to eat hers. She reached over stroking the crow that had become just another member of her herd. She smiled handing the thing another little treat as she looked at the hawk who seemed to have no care left for her crow. She was glad the thing would not eat Shou. Aeron then turned her attention to the blind woman.

Why did she feel that she had to shield every ounce of info from Aeron? Aeron had no plans for war she really wanted to know which packs were where and what they did. Though she had her real answer there was no need to make the woman feel uncomfortable any longer. Though she played it cool and kept a level head Aeron could tell a little that the woman was getting a bit sick of aeron. She had to admit she would not mind leaving but she would at least try one last thing before leaving.

She gave a wave and called her horse to her. The male Percheron was massive and was very careful of where he stepped as to not crush the woman or bump them. Aeron smiled as she gave him a signal to lay this was a feat for the male who obeyed his master. Laying down so that she need not stand to get into the saddle bags. “Let me get you something for your time.” She said.

“After all you were so kind to put up with me.” She said as she sorted through her things. She pulled out a rabbit fur that she kept meat in. Looking up at the Hawk. “How about you want something that you can eat?” She asked as she held up a piece of meat. She waited to see if he would take it from her. “What could I give you hotaru? What could you use a new knife maybe?” She asked waiting hoping for an answer. She at least didn’t want to look like a complete jerk.
Hotaru was suspicious by nature. In many ways her suspicions were idiotic and had no actual basis. The root of her suspicious nature was her brother's and Cain's betrayal. They had both hurt her badly, and at times their betrayal made Hotaru feel like she really couldn't trust anyone. However, in many ways her cynical view and suspicions towards Aeron were merited. Hotaru didn't know Aeron, yet the coyote was trying her best to get information about Hotaru's pack. There were many reasons that would drive Aeron to ask such questions, and not all of them were innocent. Although she might have been looking to start trade relations, she could have just as easily been looking for information that could allow her to hurt the pack. Although Hotaru was trying her best to be polite, she knew that Aeron was no fool and most likely picked up on the blind wolf's reluctance to share information.

The grey wolf's ears twitched as she hear Aeron call for her horse. The animals hooves plodded heavily along the ground and were easy to pick up on. Hotaru could hear the rustling of what sounded like a bag, perhaps a saddle bag attached to the horse. Hotaru's curiosity didn't show on her face or posture, but she couldn't stop her ears from twitching. The swiveled and twitched as she tried to get a better handle on the situation and figure out what Aeron was up too. Hotaru doubted the coyote would try to hurt her, but Hotaru desperately wanted to know what she was doing. A present? Aeron wanted to give Hotaru a present, but why? Its not like the grey wolf gave the coyote the information she wanted, or was even all that friendly. They had met by pure accident and if anything Hotaru should be giving Aeron a present not the other way around.

Fawkes watched with minimal interest as the coyote summoned her horse. It even lowered itself to the ground so that Aeron could search through it's saddle bags. It was only when Aeron offered meat to Fawkes that he paid attention. With a happy cry he flew down to Aeron's arm, landing just above her wrist so that he could get a good grip. Fawkes grabbed at the meet with his beak and happily started eating it. He was satisfied with the way things had turned out. After all, he still got his meal.

Hotaru sighed a little as her companion fell for Aeron's play. He automatically loved anyone who complimented him or fed him. In this way, master and bird were alike. Hotaru also had a soft spot for presents and compliments, although she tired to hide this fact. "You needn't give me anything. I'm afraid I haven't been very helpful to you. However, if you insist then I shall take anything you are willing to give me on one condition. If you happen to stop by d'Arte then allow me to return your gift in kind. I'm afraid my carving skills are not what they once were, but I can still give you something in return."

Word Count: 519
385 WC End here?

Aeron cared not what info this woman had given her nor did she care that the woman was edgy about her and what she wanted. It was a natural instinct to be wary of strangers and Aeron would not deny this woman her instincts. Aeron looked about as she smiled when the larger bird came down to her. Apparently it was rather happy that it was now having a full belly. Aeron pulled out another small piece and handed it to the large carnivores bird.

She hoped that the woman would give her an idea of what to give her though she didn’t care if she had nothing to say. She just wanted to get back on the road and find either her way to D’Arte or to another pack. Aeron found herself not sure whether or not she should go straight to D’Arte after running into this woman. She had no ill will for the pack but she also didn’t want to go there and seem like so strange woman looking to annoy the pack.

“Well How about something pretty for you. I have some silver jewelry that would accent your lovely fur.” She spoke as she looked though her stuff she moved to hand the woman the plain silver band. “It’s a bracelet.” She spoke as she gave a smile. She was content that this encounter was at its end. The golden woman stood up as she helped her horse stand on his feet. She was impressed at how fast the massive black Stallion could stand. She dusted him off a bit and smiled. “I take it you’ll be fine without me.” She spoke as she gripped her saddle. “When I make it to D’Arte I will be sure to ask to see you.” Aeron said as she fully adjusted herself in her saddle. She didn’t say anything more but pulled at her reigns and turned to move in the other direction. She wasn’t sure where his hooves would take her but for now she would find the peace and calm of the wind whipping by her and the freedom of the wild world that she loved the most. She didn’t bother to look back or say anything more to the woman. There was no reason to so the pair just took off.
From all of the ruckus Fawkes was making, it sounded to the blind wolf like he really enjoyed getting the meat. After being fed, the large bird of prey returned to Hotaru's shoulders and chattered in low speech about his meal. At least on of us gets to eat. Hotaru was happy for Fawkes, he spent so much time feeding her that it was a real treat for him to get a free meal. Fawkes deserved a break, and Hotaru always felt bad when she couldn't give it to him. Hotaru gently lifted her hand to stroke the large birds back as he chattered, their relationship was a strong one and both bird and wolf held absolute trust in each other.

"Thank you, your very kind." Hotaru extended her hands and carefully grasped the bracelet that was offered to her. The silver band was cool to the touch and Hotaru held it delicately in her hands. The band was wide and didn't make a complete circle. As the blind wolf ran her fingers across the surface she could feel an engraved pattern, simple but elegant. With a single graceful movement, Hotaru slid the band on her wrist and tested the new weight on her arm. She wasn't one for jewelry or clothes, after all, Hotaru couldn't appreciate how they appeared on her. However, the grey wolf didn't want to appear rude so she placed the bracelet on her wrist anyways. "I look forward to your visit."

With a polite bow Hotaru stood and listened to Aeron leave on her horse. The large animals heavy hooves thumped against the forest floor as it walked. After a minute, Hotaru turned and left as well.

END.