The story of us
[html]

Word Count → 860 :: Read only; I thought it was time for some twin-time between Sophie and Boothe. <3

That day was one that would be held forever in her heart as the one day she truly bonded with her twin brother. They'd done little that day but what they usually did, tumbling about the clearing and fighting, and Sophie always on the losing end of things, as it usually was. But later, after Trigger had tucked them into bed and gone to sleep himself, worried over Leon's wounds and exhausted, himself, the two young ones had crept back out into the clearing. It was a full moon that night, or at least brighter than it usually was, and Sophie padded her way out into the middle of the clearing to sprawl in the cool grass. Boothe soon joined her.

They lay there, side-by-side, for a long moment, blue eyes meeting blue eyes, before Sophie leaned forward so that she was nose to nose with her brother. "Hey," She said, blinking in surprise, "You'ms eyes is changing!" There were speckles of green in them now, and Sophie found herself somewhat saddened by the prospect that they wouldn't be exactly the same anymore. Boothe tried to look at his own reflection in her eyes, leaning closer and closer, but he couldn't see anything, and finally just lay down with a heavy grunt. "Whatchu think you look like when you grow up?" Sophie asked, scooting closer to her older brother for warmth and then laying her small head in the crook of his neck. His paws came up around her, almost as though they were embracing, and he was quiet for a long moment.

" 'll be bigger'an Faffer. Meaner, too." He boasted, and Sophie curled closer, frowning sadly. He was already meaner than she thought she could handle, always beating her up and forcing her to do things she didn't want to do, but he did it in the name of the Big Brother, so she supposed it was sort of okay....But if he got even meaner? Meaner than Father? And even bigger? With slightly watery eyes, she mumbled into his fur, "What 'bout me? 'M I gonna be yer chew toy still?" Boothe quieted, and then scrambled away from her, scowling down at where she remained laying. "Whassat s'posed t'mean? Yer no'my chew toy!" Sophie got up too then, straightening her head and lifting her tail bravely.

"Yes'am! You beat me up!" She shot back, and Boothe moved to step on her, saying, "S'not true," before he realized what he was doing, and froze. They both looked at his upraised paw, and Sophie stopped herself from being a smart-ass, even as her brother's face crumbled into a look of confusion. "But...I don'! Faffer doessat! No'me!" He took his paw back as if she'd slapped him, and then stumbled a few steps away from her, curling away with his ears and tail drooping. He hadn't meant to beat her up the way Father always threatened to; it just seemed so natural, and she always let him, and...but those were just excuses, and excuses weren't worth anything. " 'M sorry..." He whined.

Sophie hovered uncertainly, and then bounded over and tackled him, resulting in a brief tussle that ended up with her pinned beneath him, both their tails wagging before he realized he'd just done it again. Before he could go mope, Sophie barked, " 'S alright wiff you! Yer'm'brother!" She explained, and pawed gently at his face. He wagged his tail slowly, and then tackled her again, consciously letting her win, as a moment later she ended up sprawled across his stomach. They lay like that for another moment, before a thought occurred to him. "Hey, Sophie? Whatchu gonna be like when yer grown up?"

Sophie thought about it for a minute, resting her chin on her brother's sternum, and then lifted her head with a grin. " 'Ma be e'en meaner'an you!" Or try to, at least; it would be hard to break the mold set out for her by her mother, but she wouldn't let anyone stop her from reaching her goal. One day, she'd be able to take care of herself. When a male tried to bite her, or raised his paw to her, she'd bite back. She'd have to experiment on Boothe and find his sensitive regions so she knew where to bite, but damned if she'd turn into the quite little mouse that Daire had tried to form her into!

This all sounded more than agreeable to Boothe, and the two turned to roll onto their feet and sneak quietly back into the den, planning their future together as the Terrible Two. It had a nice ring to it; they'd cause havoc all across the lands! And most especially to Leon and Trigger, and any mean ol' Fathers they came across! Even their own father. One day, Sophie thought, perhaps a bit darkly for a puppy so young, she'd find her father and teach him a lesson for all those times he'd taught her a lesson. And one day...one day, they would free their mother, like the beautiful princess held captive by the terrible monster.

It would be her. Her...and Boothe.

<style type="text/css">
.sophly .space {float:right; width:115px; height:260px;}
.sophly b {font-weight:bold; color:#ebf3f5; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#352b37 1px 1px 2px;}
.sophly p.ooc {font-size: 11px; text-align:left; padding:0px 30px;}
.sophly p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.sophly .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#ebf3f5; text-shadow:#352b37 1px 1px 2px;}
.sophly p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 20px; margin:0px;}
.sophly {width:485px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#a19fc4; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/DujCo.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding:200px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#352b37; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px;}
</style>[/html]