Returning
So after much deliberation and finally figuring things out at home, I have decided I would very much like to return to 'Souls. Sooo...how do I go about doing that after it has been so long since I left? Do I need to re-join? And what happens to my characters? Are they gone? Do I need to get new ones? And if my auxillary belonged to a pack are they still in that pack? So many questions >.<

Can't wait to catch up with everyone again! Thanks a ton.

-Lex (Blind)
You will need to repost the joining form all over again. It is up to you if you want to keep the same character or bring in someone new. As for the secondary character you will need to do the 6 weeks + 45 posts again to get them back since you have been detitled. As for the character itself, if you didn't ask for it to be NPCed then that character is no longer in the pack so you will have to rejoin the pack all over again.

So basically you are starting the entire process all over again, though it is your choice if you continue on with a character you previously played or made a new one. It is also up to you to explain the reason behind their disappearance or what not.
Perfect, thanks so much that helps a lot. So, since it still states on my profile that I have my second character, should I post in maintenence to have them delete it?
You are welcome hun. And you are the one that updates your profile so you can remove that bit yourself by updating your own profile. As for the account itself, they don't get deleted. You just meet the requirements again and then you can pick it back up.
Ah I see. Okay. Thanks again so much!
You are welcome. I don't mind helping so if you have more questions or whatever. I'm just sitting around for right now and doing nothing special anyways.
Perfect Smile I will PM you if I have anymore questions. OH! Last question: in your opinion, would it be better for the sake of her being interesting to change my character a bit even if others knew her a certain way? I think I'd enjoy playing her more if I tweaked her some; for now she's kinda dull.
That is quite fine hun. And I would say that if it can be done realistically then to go ahead. Characters end up changing because of their experiences. So you can easily work something into the history, some sort of event or what not, which will cause a change to the character. Uhm... for example, Bastion has always been selfish but as of late he has started to care for others (granted it is only a select two but it is still a big step for him) since Janos asked to be a family and brought in a pup for Bastion to take care of. With Bastion he had only kept the pup (as he normally would have killed it and drank the blood to enhance his own life) because Janos asked to and so the pup had started out as just a reward to Janos for being such a perfect servant. But the more time Bastion had started to spend with Janos and the pup then the more they grew on him.

So yeah, characters can end up changing. Honestly I find it to be silly if their experiences don't change them. So I say that hey, if you can explain it and it makes sense then go for it. After all someone can't go through something traumatic and come out all bubbly and happy (unless on the off chance that the brain represses the memory and then it would be like the event never happened since it is unable to be remembered). So yeah, I believe your experiences make you who you are.
Okay, that makes sense. So it would be better for the character to be changed in minor ways through experiences than making it a whole new character, looks and everything? For example it wouldn't be good if Blind started out as a brown, orphaned wolf who was timid and changed to a luperci through a blood transfer, and suddenly I made her a black and brown wolf who was outgoing, ran away from home and was a luperci from birth etc? Does that make sense? ...well I guess that wouldn't be a good idea anyway because the experiences she's already had would be pointless if not nonexistant. Sorry I'm working this all out in my head as I type XD
Yeah, since the character was already known by others you can't go in and make major changes. If you want to do that then it would be better to just end up making an entirely knew character. But minor things influenced by experiences are okay. There it has been said that appearance overhaul isn't allowed.
Okay, I'll do that then. And I think I read somewhere that some luperci knew how to dye hair and whatnot, is that true?
Yes, but being black it would only show up as a tint and you wouldn't get the actual color. You would have to bleach constantly, which ends up causing damage and I think leads to hair loss. To dye effectively you would need a light colored character, or at least have light places that would show the color.
Ah, gotcha. Okay, awesome. Thanks again so much! I'll PM you if I have anymore questions Smile
You're welcome hun. If you really want to change up appearance (such as colors and stuff) it might just be best to end up making a new character since being black would take extra effort to change (and wouldn't be possible at the moment given that it is winter and so you can't get what is needed to bleach or dye right now).
Oh true, I didn't even think of that. How would I go about making a new character? Just re-register under my same name?
No, you would have to register a new character name. Then you go about the joining process, either by filling in your profile (200 words min. in each the appearance, personality, and history sections) or 3 RP samples (200 words min. for each provided RP sample). Accounts are unable to be registered as having the same exact name as one that is already registered. It is something that the forum (or whatever it is) itself not allowing it to happen rather than it being a rule. So the name would have to be altered in some way but it would have to be your character's name (as that is a rule, the username must be your character's name).
Oh yeah, you can just as easily make a new character. Just make a new account with that character's name, and start from scratch. :] Since you basically have a clean slate at the moment, you can do whatever you want with your character! Creating a new character is always fun, too. :3
Hehe I do love making characters. Could you also, to save time and avoid having two accounts with the same name, just go into the profile settings and delete and re-write everything?
No, your account name needs to match the name of your character. Unfortunately, in order to do that you need to make separate accounts for each character you want to have.
No, because the character has already been played on the board before you can't change it. You have to register an entirely new account. This account already has posts attributed to the current character and that can't be changed. So you have to start out with a new account. It doesn't hurt anything to have more than one account as you only need to log in to the one that you are currently playing and just ignore the old account entirely.

Bobbi! You beated me this time! *goes downstairs to retrieve my pizza instead*