a little lost soul mark 2
  • Character Name: Melody (originally Karin Sadira)
    Character Birthdate (including year): July 2007
    Whether s/he is a regular coyote or a Luperci: luperci
    Your e-mail: little.green.alien1@gmail.com
    A secondary form of contact (AIM, MSN, Y!M): they screw up my comp so n/a
    How did you hear about 'Souls?: the link next to the graphic for the main page in the gallery of apple of discord on red carpet and rebellion XD she's an admin *nods*

It was the beginning of November and for the past couple of weeks she had been completely alone. It was getting colder, and she had not yet learned all of the intricacies of hunting, and was having a hard time catching so much as a rabbit or mouse to fill the void that was steadily growing in her stomach. She couldn't understand why she had been shunned from her pack. All she had done was change her form a little bit so that she could reach higher while trying to nip at a bird in the branches of a nearby tree.

After that she had been led out into unfamiliar territory and conned into playing by herself. As usual, she meandered off from where she was left and soon found herself lost and separated from the group. The problem arose when no one answered her calls. The pup was left out in the cold to die, but she didn't catch on to their intentions. She continued to believe that they would soon come to get her, but the rumbling in her stomach kept her from keeping this optimistic attitude.

After deciding that moving around made her hungrier, she found a nice little bush to curl up under to try and ignore the stinging pain in her abdomen. After all, growing pups needed to eat more often than the adults, and at only four months Melody was still a growing pup. This is how she had been for at least two days now, and in her boredome began to do something that got her name while with the other wolves. While lightly flicking her tail on the ground and against the bush that surrounded her, she began to hum a small tune. It wasn't anything specific, more like random notes that she strung together in that childish manner.

As she lay there humming, many thoughts came across her small mind. She was lost. She didn't know this place, its scents, its foliage, nothing. However at the back of her mind, something about thie place seemed vaguely familiar. This nagging thought in the back of her mind was confusing her so much that she tried her best to ignore it, but this attempt was useless. This was going to bother her until she figured out what it meant, but she didn't have the strength to do so.

((ok, that kinda sucked but meh))
backstory: she was initially born into the Pack of White Supremacy, but wandered off and was "abducted" by a regular coyote pack, I'm going to say because the female who found her had recently lost an entire litter and Karin looked so much like her daughter Melody, and since she was so young it didn't make much of a difference to her (what she was called and who fed her). Not long after, actually, probably simultaneously, Konane found a dead coyote pup and thought it was her daughter and eventually gave up on her. I was trying to think of a reason she'd end up back with the the Pack of White Supremacy pack, so that bit can always be edited X3
The silver colored mother often thought of what happened to her baby girl, Konane had found her fur all around the old den. So what was the grey female to think? She believed that her daughter was dead and killed. Her paws dusted over the lands, snow made a crunching sound under her paws as she moved about the lands, she was happy to be back in the lands where she grew up in, however some of it was just not the same with out her father here. God she still missed him. She had a family now, her beloved son, and her white prince.

The female picked up a faint sound, it was humming. She shifted her ears back as she lowered her body down figuring out where it came from. It wasn't deep with in the lands, where the den's where however it was close enough to the borders that the female couldn't help to wounder if it was because some one was joining or if some one was just to foolish to pay mind to where they where walking to. She was a light enough colored that she knew that the fog would work well on cloaking her around the borders, playing with the shadows in the trees, the female stocked up to one, poking her head around, watching the young child.

Konane felt a ping of sadness, such a young coyote to be just lost with in the lands, she stepped out from be hide the tree as she looked at the child. She didn't lower her head, maybe she should have but she was the coyote of the pack here now wasn't she?

"Where's your mother and father child?"
Melody continued to lay under the bush she had crawled under and hum her light and innocent tune. The lack of anything around her mixed with the cold started to effect her sense of smell. Everything seemed void of scent, even the trees. However, it was a while later that she began to think that she was picking up a faint scent that was just slightly familiar. After picking her head up and glancing around for any traces of another living thing around her without any luck, she sighed and returned to her humming believing that it was just her imagination. After all, she was tired, hungry and a bit disoriented in her depleted state.

As the scent grew stronger she did her best to ignore it. She didn't know if it was real or not, and if it was real who it may be. It could very well be someone dangerous that she had met before, but it could also be someone safe that she had met before. She decided to stay where she was, not really because of the fear for her safety, but because of her lack of energy. However, when another coyote walked out in front of her and asked her where her mother and father were, her ears perked up before she slowly raised her head to meet her elder's face. Upon seeing the light gray face, she felt some sudden recognition. She knew this coyote, but she didn't know where from exactly.

"I don't know," the young pup answered simply as she tried to gather her strength enough to stand up. It was slow, but she finally stood up, and it was visibly apparent that it had been a good while since her last good meal. Now that she was standing, it wasn't long before her curiosity began to pull her towards this other female. She wanted to know why she was feeling this sense of familiarity and trust towards a coyote she did not recognize. Once she was only a few feet away, she sat on her haunches and tilted her head to the side, her ears still perked up in curiosity.

"Do I know you?" she asked without reserve. She wanted to know and there was no other way to ask. Besides, if she did know this older coyote, there was a high possibility that she could get something to eat soon to quiet her rumbling tummy and restore her energy.
OOC: Sorry turkey day stuff, and Husband stuff came up

The silver mother looked to the wolfen child with sadness, she had lost a child before, though sadly it had been more then once that she had been so neglectful that she had lost three children, and some how still Lisichka, wanted to have children with her. The silver female stepped closer to the child, she wanted to lay down next to her and start grooming her and taking care of her, stopping her-self as she backed up the female knew that this possibly couldn't be one of her children, could it be?

Konane again stepped closer to the child coyote, as she watched her,she seemed like she had been beaten or been mistreated in some shape. The silver mother could here her heart telling her to take care of the child it was one of her own. She wanted to fight it, it was to much right now for the to think that one of her baby's that she was just getting over the fact that she was dead and gone wasn't even dead, and the fact that Konane didn't hunt for her all this time was worst.

"Maybe, child what's your name? Do you know any thing about your birth mother and father?
((it's cool. i had thanksgiving and my aunt's 40[sup]th[/sup] birthday party))

The young pup continued her approach towards the older female as Konane seemed to do the same. If Melody had been in this situation with any other coyote she would have her ears back and her tail between her legs to show subordination, but it was weird, yet exhilarating that she felt no need to act that way. She definitely knew this coyote, there was no doubt about it, she just couldn't place from where. It was as if it was all just a dream. A memory that was there, but all that was left was a shadow.

Just as she was getting within a good distance to the older coyote, Melody's nose had a spasm, causing her to sneeze without any warning or real reason at that. It caused her to go back on her haunches again as well as cross her dazzlingly blue eyes. The young pup didn't like it when this happened as it was a common occurrence, but all she could do was sit there with her head bowed slightly and look at the ground until the spinning stopped. With this on top of her hunger, it felt as if the spinny feeling and blurriness would never go away, so instead of waiting it out, she groaned and lay down in a vain attempt to stop the spinning. She felt ill, plain and simple. She lacked the two things that kept her energy up: food and attention.

"My name is Melody," she said sleepily with a yawn as she closed her eyes, the spinning seeming to lessen when she did this. "And what's that? I mean, would they be different from my mother who raised me?" she asked and tilted her head to the side just slightly as her chin continued to rest on the snow covered ground and opened her eyes to look up at the older coyote. Not much had changed about her in the 4 months that she had been gone. She still had the same dark markings on her face surrounded by the lighter gray fur that blended in with the rest of her body. She also still had the same remarkably blue eyes that she shared with her brother, even if she wasn't aware of his existence at the moment. Since she was still a pup, her face was still rounded and hadn't completely lost all of her puppy fur. There were still tufts of the soft fur that had made up the majority of her coat until now.
The female heart rushed in her chest as she ran over to the youth and started to lick the bridge of her noes, cooing. She knew the female would be okay, with a second that passed, she pulled her head away, stepping back with a odd cough, trying to draw away from the fact that she was fussing over a pup that in all right she thought wasn't even her's. Maybe she could make up for that fact of over caring for the children, since she had lost three of her own. She shifted around looking around, she hoped there was no one else that had seen her fall victim to the child's falter.

"Well Melody, sometimes the mother gives birth to the child, isn't the one that raises it. My birth mother was named Echo, but her mate Summer raised me, till I came here."