A Chance Encounter
[html]
OOC text | WC :: +000

OOC: Shadow is in Optime form.

Shadow walked along within the dead forest of trees as black as coal. As he walked he stopped lightly for this area was new to him and he was not one to catch off guard. As he moved he stayed low and breathed little as to keep sound so a minimum. Shadow wasn't hunting but for some reason he felt that some where near him there was life and that he would rather get the jump on it then the other way around. Just when Shadow started to think that it must have been his nerves that were getting to him he heard a twig snap and he stopped all together and slowly started to kneel low using his dark fur to blend in with the large dead tree he was next to.

As he looked through the area he spotted what had made the sound. His eyes locked onto a female who was much smaller than himself and by the looks of it she wasn't looking for him and probably didn't even know he was there so slowly he stood up and made a soft whine to alert her of his presence and he lowered his head and showed submission as he always did when meeting a woman. His tail and ears lowered and he waited for her to be the one to accept his gesture and then they would talk once the formality's were out of the way.

Take thy beak from out my heart, and take thy form from off my door!' Quoth the raven, `Nevermore.'
template by revo. <3

[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">
.Terra {padding:10px; border: 4px double #000; background:#225e5f; color:#fff; opacity: 0.8; filter: alpha(opacity = 80); line-height:120%;}
.Terra b{color:#ecaf06; text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #000; font-weight:bold;}</style>

OOC Stuffs go here

The dead land fascinated the small coyote. Parts of it were healing, and with each discovery of life Terra celebrated, scraping away the debris that would choke it and encouraging it to flourish. There were almost no animals in the area. Her nose twitched as the scent of a wolf reached her. It didn't seem aggressive, so Terra continued on her way, walking through the lands with as much noise as a ghost. Finding a small flower Terra smiled. Happily she dug around, removing the ashes around it. It was a simple one, white with a small next of pink flecks in the center. A whine announced the stranger's presence. Looking up Terra twisted around to see a large black wolf, crouching in optime form. His posture was rather submissive, amusing the coyote. She didn't place much on the dominance games that wolves played, though she would play along for amusement.

Glancing at the flower one last time Terra stepped away from it, tail swishing. Swiftly she shifted into optime form. Her bones melted and stretched, muscles changing and flexing to fit the new shape. Long red hair tumbled down, framing her small face. Her coyote features became less prominent, making it easier to see her wolven heritage. Her paws split and stretched into fingers, and Terra pushed off from the ground, stretching her body as she adjusted to the new feeling. Smiling she walked over confidently, not a trace of uncertainty around her. She measured him briefly. Strong, probably a fighter and excellent hunter. Older, but not old enough to have slowed down for her to take advantage of if he kept working, improving his skills. His eyes said they had seen things others hadn't, something Terra could accept. He had submitted, and Terra took complete advantage of it, standing dominantly. Hello.
Terra
Wordcount :: +000

template by revo. <3 - Table and code modifications by Alex

[/html]
[html]

Shadow was still as a stone while the female made her way to him and he listened intently as she spoke the first of many words that they would share and said "hello". He looked up at her and saw her shift and by it alone he saw that she was not a pure wolf like he but a mix of wolf and coyote.Shadow saw in the way she was carrying herself that she was trying to act as dominate as she could and he thought it funny, not because if they were to fight he could win but he just liked woman who showed confidence, be they joking or serious. Shadow smiled and looked up while remaining in a kneeling position and he spoke gently. " my name is Shadowfang but you can call me Shadow if you like. What might your name be, if you don't mind my asking." Shadow slowly stood up and when he did he towered over the coyote but he held no dominance over her and he showed none in his stance or attitude he acted as though she were the one in change. His tail lightly began to wag freely behind him and his eyes gently moved to a more alert position as he looked her over and saw that this one was young much younger than himself but he was smart enough to know that age means nothing if you train hard enough.

Take thy beak from out my heart, and take thy form from off my door!' Quoth the raven, `Nevermore.'
template by revo. <3

[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">
.Terra {padding:10px; border: 4px double #000; background:#225e5f; color:#fff; opacity: 0.8; filter: alpha(opacity = 80); line-height:120%;}
.Terra b{color:#ecaf06; text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #000; font-weight:bold;}</style>

OOC Stuffs go here

Terra noted the amusement, and immediately knew this was someone who wouldn't be fun. He'd be too soft, too good natured. It would be like getting Trent to submit, easy and pointless. His words were soft, almost as if he was working to not frighten her. Curious she studied him closer. Terra couldn't see a reason for him to think she would be frightened of him. Sure, he was pretty big. Terra was used to being towered over though, and felt nothing when faced with large canines. She nodded as he gave his name. It was his real name from the way he spoke it, weighty and full of meaning. A treasure, not easily given.

That didn't mean Terra had to show the same courtesy. Shadow stood up, tail wagging softly. My name's Fl- Terra stopped as she realized the name that had become second nature to her had to be discarded. The slip up had been a curse for her, rendering a rather good alias useless. She'd need another one. Her hands tangled into her fur, tugging at it restlessly as she considered what name she would use from now on. Sighing she finally spoke. You can call me Evera. She looked over the black wolf, curiosity beating inside her. Why did you come to this land? It's broken. Healing, but so slowly it was difficult to see.
Terra

[/html]
[html]

As shadow watched her every move and muscle he could tell she was looking for something fun?He smiled as he heard the slip of the tongue and he gave a kind chuckle and nodded as he looked into her eyes with his blue and yellow orbs. You need not tell me your real name, an alias is fine for me. Pleasure to meet you Evera. I came to this area for two reasons actually. One, i have just talked with the near by packs and have gotten the information i wanted and reason two being I wanted to explore and found this quaint wooded area. Even in it's death there is still beauty and rebirth here."

Shadow looked down and saw a flower much like the one the female had helped and he reached down and did the same as he removed the ask and sticks to give way to the dirt and the light from the sun. He stood back up after helping the little plant and tilted his head at her as he still watched how she carried herself and the disappointment in her eyes and he went to a kneel and looked up at her.

"Would you prefer me like this? or am i not entertaining enough for you?"

He kept a small smirk on his lips and as he watched her, he could have sworn a smile had hit her as well.

template by revo. <3

[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">

OOC Stuffs go here

His soft laughter hit her pride like an arrow. Terra's ears flattened as her gaze dropped to the ground. It had been an amateur's mistake, not thinking about the need of a new alias ahead of time. She'd known it was ruined, but hadn't made any preparations. To have the fact that it was an alias pointed out so bluntly, even by someone as gentle as Shadow, was embarrassing. She shook her head softly, accepting his words. Evera she would be, if only for this encounter. It would take a lot of time for her to get used to the new name. Her ears perked with curiosity at his words.

Pack information, and being drawn towards death to explore it. Terra had been called by her need to see, and explore. The burnt lands had struck a sharp chord in her, making her want to heal it even with the knowledge of how improbable that would be. She was just a single coyote, after all. It would take Coyote herself to be able to accomplish such a feat. The thought nestled inside her as she gazed around, the seeds of a thought that wouldn't come for months. She watched him mimic her movements, clearing away the debris around a delicate flower. Laughing Terra watched him return to a kneeling position.

A smile flickered across her face. A mimic would surely be entertaining. She reached over, placing her hands on his broad shoulders. Glowing green eyes met his mismatched pair. You'll do. Leaning in she licked his face before pulling away. Carefully she avoided the life he had saved before turning to a burnt tree and scrambling up it, quick as you please. She walked out onto a thin branch, the cracking sounding underneath her feet. It would break, and she didn't care, balanced between one moment and the next, safety and danger. Grinning she winked at Shadow. You'll do just fine.
Terra

[/html]
[html]

Shadow stayed on his knee and he smiled as she walked over and placed a hand on his shoulder. When she licked him on the face without trying not to slobber he laughed deep as he stood and watched her climb. As she climbed onto a thin branch and as he looked up to her he still kept that smile while he wiped the slobber from his fur, She was going to be a handful he was sure but that did not matter. He was older yes but in him he still had energy enough to run for days. He watched her and the branch she was on closely his trained eyes looked for weakness and for the location of where the branch would snap and he found it. By the base of the limb she was on there were cracks starting to appear and he casually moved over and got almost directly under her as he looked up. " I pegged you for the playful type. You know if you fall from there you might hurt yourself, and truthfully i can't promise that i will be able to catch you if you do."

Shadow lied as he said that he might not be able to catch her. He of course would have no problem with it and would never let a wolf or coyote or anything really, get hurt while in his care so to speak. He kept the curious look on his face as he analyzed the situation and he just waited for the branch to give him his chance to catch her.

template by revo. <3

[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">

OOC Stuffs go here

Terra watched with her eyes half closed as he positioned himself to catch her, pretending that he wasn't. The trickster stood, ready to throw herself to safety or embrace the danger without a second thought. A half smile danced on her lips at his words. She looked to the sky, memorizing the intense blue winter always seemed to bring out, so sharp it almost would cut to breathe. I won't get hurt. She knew what she was doing. Balance and tricks were her life, keeping her alive when nothing else did. Her games always held a dangerous edge, helping her grow stronger.

Deciding to test Shadow Terra leaned forward slightly, and the branch snapped. Shadow was below her, but even if he didn't manage to catch her she was confident she could twist into a pose that would keep her from breaking any bones. Everything moved rapidly, the rush engulfing the wild female as everything passed by. Other branches scratched her lightly as she pulled herself together, keeping herself from smashing into the tree on her way down.
Terra

[/html]
[html]

As he stood below he noticed the look on her face right away. She was going to test him. From the way she fell he judged quickly that she had it all under control but honor and a promise meant that even if she would be fine on her own he had to help. He casually put his arms and and positioned himself so that she would land perfectly in his arms with one arm under her legs and one behind her back. There was a soft thump as she hit his arms and they barely moved as he had judged her speed and how much force he would need. He even acted for a second like he wouldn't catch her but just before she would need to turn herself so as to not hurt herself he put his arms out letting her now he had her.

After catching her he looked at her with a smile on his face and then like a knight would a princess he placed her down softly as he looked at her and then he turned away as if he didn't care if she was okay or not. He knew she was but she liked playing games of tricks and deception so he would entertain her as she wanted. Shadow whistled lightly as he walked casually away from her but he listed carefully just in case she were to try and jump on his back or something. It had been a while since he had been around on so young and to play and be carefree for a while would be good for him. A nice change of pace was always good for those who needed it.

template by revo. <3

[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">

OOC Stuffs go here

The rush was so brief before soft arms caught her, breaking her fall. It was so gentle, barely rocking her movement. Safe in his arms Terra nestled in for a moment before being gently lowered. Delicately she stretched her feet out so she was standing once more. It felt great. Terra twirled around, delighting in the sensation running through her body. Dancing across the land Terra spun around and watched Shadow walk away, pretending to be completely casual. Delighted Terra giggled.

She put her hand on the bark of the tree she'd climbed, tracing the scarred and ashy form. Salsola. A pack in the far north. They value their secrecy. Keep slaves. If you trespass they will kill you. Her reward passed out Terra walked a short distance until she found a frozen stream. Reaching she broke it, ice slicing at her arm. The scratches were thin as she scooped the cold water up, taking a drink. Shadow might or might not follow her this time, but she was still enjoying the feel of the raw land beneath her.
Terra

[/html]
[html]

Shadow kept walking and like he had been trained, the moment she was distracted and looking the other way near the water he moved silently and quickly and before she even knew it he was sitting next to her looking at the water and as the cut she had received from the ice and he smiled as he reached out gently and looked at it and then he let go as he sat down completely and relaxed letting the smell of the water and of the dead forest around, fill him. " thank you for telling me about that pack i shall consider your words strongly when i go and see them. threat or not i have my questions and they must be answered. I'm not one to give up or fear anything.

Shadow lay back slowly having his tail move to the side so as to not smash it and he closed his eyes and he knew that such a move would leave him open to anything that the young female wanted to do but he didn't care. he was having fun with her and her laughter and carefree nature was a breath of fresh air to him and he didn't want it to end.

template by revo. <3

[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">

OOC Stuffs go here

Terra felt a slight stir, and Shadow was beside her, just like magic. The movement was envious for the young female. Someday she would be able to move like that. For now she was silent, but still not swift enough to catch people off guard, and heard by those who listened for it. Her arm was touched gently, the thin cut examined. Laughing as he released it Terra took some of the blood and wiped it on his head. She cocked her head at his words, and shrugged. It didn't matter to her whether or not he approached them. It was just something for him to know.

She grinned at his words of fearing nothing. Shadow laid down, leaving himself exposed for her to attack. Really? Not even getting wet? She splashed the water at the large wolf, letting the cold cover him before darting across the ice, tail waving as she reached the other side. Across from him she dipped down again, splashing even more water. Her arms were cold from being dipped into the stream, but she was having fun, and wouldn't stop. She'd warm up quick enough once she stopped.
Terra

[/html]
[html]

As Shadow lay there, eyes closed, listening to her words, he knew what was coming when he heard the touch of her paws in the water and the words from her mouth. Shadow slowly growled low but playfully and then like a rabbit he kicked his legs back and threw himself from his back to his feet and he lowered as he watched her and when the second water attack came his way he jumped to the side and in one motion he pushed the ice broke it making him a hole and he splashed back but not as much due to the temperature of said water. He chuckled as he watched her smile and try and get him wet and he couldn't help but feel like a pup as his tail wagged quickly and his ears lowered in mock aggression at her actions. "Now your gonna get it!" Shadow dashed forward and jumped threw a wave of water she had threw up while he was in the air and as he landed he grabbed her and hugged her close as he rolled making sure to not harm her but getting the water that was on him onto her fur. He laughed as he looked to her and as he thought about it she was what he would imagine a sister would be like and the idea made him smile even more. She was his sister, maybe not by blood but in heart he had claimed her as his sister, friend and blood.

template by revo. <3

[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">

OOC Stuffs go here

Her first attack hit him as he darted back. His tail wagged as he lowered in mock aggression. Terra growled playfully, her own tail whipping as she splashed the water. Her next attack was splashed, Shadow breaking the water and sending a small barrage her way. He lacked technique in this water fight, and it fell short. Laughing at his failure Terra failed to notice his move to pounce towards her. His call of warning had Terra scrambling to escape.

She was tackled as he broke through the last splash she had sent his way. Terra laughed happily as she was grabbed. They both rolled through the ashy ground, the dampness clinging to her fur. The red patches on her fur quickly became black in the mess. Reaching up Terra nipped at his ear. Inferni. A pack for those who claim coyote blood. They line their borders with the skulls of wolves. Rather grumpy, but good with hybrids. Terra twisted out of his grasp, and dashed over to a bush, loaded with crinkled old berries. Grinning a new plan of attack formed in her mind.
Terra

[/html]
[html]

Shadow watched her run off and gain some distance and then he saw her duck behind a bush and when he saw the look on her face he growled and lowered knowing what she was about to do. He smiled confidently as he got his muscles ready to react in an instant. He figured that showing her a little bit of his assassin skills wouldn't hurt anything. If she ended up asking about how he could do what he was about to show her he would come clean and maybe show her some cool moves. He had seen how she can carry herself so someone like her would be able to take full advantage of what he had to teach her, if it came to that of course. " You don't want to do that...you might be messing with something you can't handle. Think before you travel down this road." Shadow saw the first throw and rather than dodge it he caught it and tossed it back and when she smiled and laughed he moved in and jumped and rolled from left to right dodging more berries and he was enjoying himself a lot. He took cover behind a dead tree and saw a stick and he smiled when he picked it up and came out of his hiding spot and started to swing at the berries that were coming for him.

template by revo. <3

[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">

OOC Stuffs go here

Terra laughed at Shadow's words. She shook her head. I can handle it. There was nothing she couldn't do. Well, there was quite a few things she couldn't, but Terra was yet to get into a situation she couldn't get herself out of. Picking the berries Terra began her assault. The first one was grabbed and chucked right back at her, Terra squealing happily as she ducked it, moving to the other side to pelt his back with the berries. Rapidly he moved, dodging like an expert. Well, he probably was an expert. Terra had known that he had some kind of talent, the way that he moved so swiftly and silently.

Shadow twisted behind a tree to cover from the berries being thrown. Terra darted over to a different bush with more berries as he rested there. When he came back out he was wielding a stick. It took a lot of effort, getting any past it. Only a couple hit him here or there, dying his fur a slight pink. That wasn't working so well. Looking around Terra found a nice hollow stick. She stuffed as many berries as she could into it, emptying the bush. Stick full she climbed up a nearby tree. Once Shadow got close enough she broke the stick and dropped it, letting berries ran over him in a splatter.
Terra

[/html]
[html]

Shadow watched her climb the tree and knew what was in the stick and what the plan was before he got closer. As he did he saw her break it and he moved like he was going to dodge but what he ended up doing was stop and sit there letting the barries rain down on him as he smiled up at her almost saying he could have dodged it but chose not to knowing she would get a kick out of it. He growled lightly as he looked to his fur seeing a pink Hue and he started to lick at it knowing about the berries and how they would not stain him and were not poisonous. As he licked his right arm and started to work on the other he watched her closely and when she got close his shot his left hand quickly at her and Boom a handful of berries exploded and he smiled up at her and winked." oh i'm sorry....i meant to hand those to you, not smash them all over your chest and stomach. Butterfingers...my bad." Shadow smiled a toothy grin and prepared himself for a tackle of come back of some and to tell the truth he was kinda hoping for a continuation of the fun they were having. Perhaps she would tell him more about the packs and perhaps he would be considered a good enough friend that he would be able to visit her after he was done with his travels to the other packs. There was a lot of what if's and maybes but Shadow was confidant that he would be able to see everyone that he has had the pleasure of meeting so far.

template by revo. <3

[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">

OOC Stuffs go here

Her face twisted as Shadow humored her. She wasn't a child, she didn't need to win. Terra could get just as much joy out of losing as long as the game was challenging. Well, not really, but that was because she was childish, even if she wouldn't admit it. Knowing that she had lost despite him allowing her maneuver to go through made her a little grumpy. Still, it was pretty funny seeming him dyed pink. He began cleaning the berries off, and Terra descended from the tree. Forgetting that she had lost Terra yelped as berries were smashed into her, dying her soft cream fur a bright pink, sharper than the faded color on Shadow.

Terra laughed at the ridiculous explanation. I'll help with that. Terra grabbed his hand, and used it as momentum to swing herself to land on top of him, wrapping her legs around his body. She bounced her head off his softly, making sure not to injure each other. Crimson Dreams. Peaceful and quiet. Family oriented, and very welcoming. Pushing herself off him Terra hit the ground and bounded across, looking for a new game to play. It would have to be much more challenging. It meant danger for her, but Terra was secure in the knowledge Shadow would take care of her. Searching the area she spotted a place she could trap. Large rocks, untouched by the fire, balanced precariously. Terra slipped up them, careful to not upset the balance. At the top she looked down. Coming up?
Terra

[/html]
[html]

Shadow lightly chuckled at the look of Terra's fur and then when she landed on top of him and gently head butted him he playfully snapped at her nose but then she was up and running again and as he quickly followed he saw that she had found a home on a pile of boulders ranging from all manner of sizes and he chuckled as she looked down to him and asked if her was going to come up as well. Without giving her chance to doubt him he jumped onto the first rock of which was solid and then he hopped onto the next staying low keeping the rock on balance and then another and another until finally he was one rock away from Terra and he looked up at her and smirked as he looked down to the ground below. "I have a feeling that you and you alone might be the death of me. But until then we might as well have some fun no?" Shadow hopped onto the top rock and he grabbed her hands and they spun a little as they tried to keep the balance and then he hugged her close to stop them from moving so much and he looked around as he smiled.

"I know I'm going to regret asking this, but what now?"

Shadow readied himself for anything knowing that at any moment she might try to throw the balance off or try to get them both tossed off. Shadow knew something was up and no matter what it was he would be ready for it because that is what an assassin does. Assassins are ready for anything.

template by revo. <3

[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">

OOC Stuffs go here

Terra laughed at his words. It was unlikely, as she would stop before either of them reached the point of death. Danger might be a treat for her to enjoy, but life was a sweet nectar, and not one she would be trading for death at any time, for her or anyone else. I couldn't harm you if I tried. Shadow moved onto the rock with her, sending it spinning. They danced around, trying to keep from collapsing the whole thing on top of them. Terra snuggled into his fur, hiding a grin. Each and every move she made he matched, and could go farther. Someday she hoped to be able to keep up, to send him dazzling with a trick that he'd fall for. It didn't seem likely to be the case right now though, with Shadow seemingly always one step ahead.

Her tail wagged happily at his question. Regret? I don't know the meaning of the word. Terra had never regretted anything in her short life, even when it got her into huge trouble. Well, she regretted what she'd done while in heat, but her brain had been fried. She wasn't thinking properly, and couldn't be blamed for that. Gripping him tightly she shifted the balance. The rock teetered on the edge for a moment, before beginning to roll down the pile of boulders. Smaller ones were knocked loose, the larger ones settling in more firmly. It took a lot of work, keeping herself on the stone without being knocked down to be crushed under the looser rocks and keeping them sliding to the bottom.
Terra

[/html]